Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

No, I am not. And I am not saying that it's taboo anywhere to put up crosses during Christmas, but I don't think it would ever come up as "christmas decoration" the way for example a nativity scene would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

I mean poo poo there's chocolate crosses during easter that the religious right will chow down on for easter, because chocolate rabbits are taking christ out of christmas easter

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Shima tried to give Shiragami a cross when they were at the cake viking (lol), so maybe the Truthism fellows are just really down with those things.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CommissarMega posted:

Is this chapter implying that Youko's parents had some serious poo poo go down? It seems like their marriage is perfectly happy.

Also, while the last panel does imply drama, who's willing to bet that this new demon will be as cute and as dumb as the rest of them? :allears:

I'm gonna put good odds that whatever terrible awful thing her dad is implying actually turns out to be something incredibly dumb.

And are you honestly expecting any character in this series to not be dumb?

Ethiser posted:

If the final chapter doesn't have a flash forward to a giant Youko I'll be disappointed.

Rooting for this 100%.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Bakanogami posted:

And are you honestly expecting any character in this series to not be dumb?

No exceptions for newcomers :colbert:

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Powered through all the chapters today and chapter 51 with the chocolate feeding made me laugh so hard I had trouble breathing. Best use of a running gag ever. But what's up with the "miss" notes in the chou 'a la creme pastries? I've never seen anything like that before so I don't get the joke.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Renoistic posted:

Powered through all the chapters today and chapter 51 with the chocolate feeding made me laugh so hard I had trouble breathing. Best use of a running gag ever. But what's up with the "miss" notes in the chou 'a la creme pastries? I've never seen anything like that before so I don't get the joke.

They either have miss notes or something disgusting inside them, Shiragami always gets miss notes is basically all there is to the joke.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It's Russian roulette. The "miss" means it was an empty chamber.

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
Isn't the new demon the one that was on one of the cover volumes with angel wings and fake horns? A secret angel? So MC discovers her secret and she then keeps quite about him knowing Shiragami's

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
Chapter 59 is out and to those of you who have thought "this manga is excellent but it needs more talking glasses", boy are you in for a treat.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I read it and then went to go link it only for it to no longer exist on batoto anymore.

It is also a good chapter if you like pigeons. And especially if you like pigeons wearing sunglasses.

E: Chapter 59

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 7, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The ":cripes: there are more of them" had me chortling

Such a good chapter

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

The ":cripes: there are more of them" had me chortling

Such a good chapter

Yeah they just kept coming, but Akane with the camcorder was the joke of the chapter for me. :)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This guy does clusterfuck comedy really, really well. Sports festivals, world-ending meteors, and now, pigeons.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Truthism proves its chops as a graduate of the Surreal Daily Life Manga Thread

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

cyrus_zane posted:

Yeah they just kept coming, but Akane with the camcorder was the joke of the chapter for me. :)

Ahaha I didn't even notice that at first.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Terper posted:

This guy does clusterfuck comedy really, really well. Sports festivals, world-ending meteors, and now, pigeons.

That and he's good at knowing how long he can drag out a gag before it gets old. Best chapter yet, and clearly Mikan should win, especially with such excellent gods of fortune on her side.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
OH MY GODS

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
And the link that I clicked on before is working now. NEVERMIND.

Let's talk about how cute and dumb these girls are. Except the new demon. She's not cute in this chapter.

RadicalR fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jan 7, 2015

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Oh hey, didn't expect the Gintama crossover chapter with lots of Shinpachis. Too bad they couldn't use better characters though.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I was not expecting a gag centered around pigeons wearing glasses, but I'm glad it happened.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I can't wait for the Truthism/Hatoful Boyfriend crossover

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Sometimes--okay, most of the time--comedies can take a while to get going, to really gel together. I've been slowly working my way through the series since it was recommended to me and found it decently amusing. However, during the camping trip arc where they wind up staying at Shiragami's house It finally all clicked. 'Clusterfuck comedy, is a perfect description.

I look forward to catching up.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

I can't wait for the Truthism/Hatoful Boyfriend crossover

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New chapter! Hahaha, I love this new character :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I can't believe I doubted this comic, that I actually thought things were going to get serious :allears:

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
So, Shirogane Karen. What can I say. No, really what can I say, I'm laughing and snickering too much.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Would've been more of a surprise if the batoto volume cover from a while back didn't show her with wings.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, even having an idea that was gonna happen, it was still amazing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It is good to see that the new girl is, in fact, Cute + Dumb. And that's even having seen that one volume cover to know at least what she was.

The demon summoning was also great.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jan 16, 2015

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
They need to hurry up and make this into an anime already!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I'm not entirely sure how that rough, sketchy art style that gives the series much of its charm would translate, though. Anime tends to be much cleaner for ease of animation.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
If this series ever gets made into an anime, I fervently hope that Norio Wakamoto voices the God(s) of Fortune.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
Chapter 60 is out and the new character is a demon. That's right a demon. You heard it here first a demon. Totally a demon who's demonically demonly. Did I mention she's a demon?

cyrus_zane fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jan 16, 2015

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

cyrus_zane posted:

Chapter 60 is out and the new character is a demon. That's right a demon. You heard it here first a demon. Totally a demon who's demonically demonly. Did I mention she's a demon?

Easily the most demonic presence this series has seen in a long time. 11/10.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

To think you guys had any doubt that the new girl wouldn't be cute and dumb, you should know the series better than this by now.

JosephWongKS posted:

If this series ever gets made into an anime, I fervently hope that Norio Wakamoto voices the God(s) of Fortune.
Also this.
Now that I think about it, I don't recall Wakamoto doing anything since the talking vaccum cleaner in Haiyore! Nyaruko-san.

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jan 16, 2015

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

JosephWongKS posted:

"I wish I werrrrrre a birrrrrrrd."

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

HiveCommander posted:

To think you guys had any doubt that the new girl wouldn't be cute and dumb, you should know the series better than this by now.

Also this.
Now that I think about it, I don't recall Wakamoto doing anything since the talking vaccum cleaner in Haiyore! Nyaruko-san.

He was a frog in that dumb magic lawyer show, but scrubbing that from your mind is understandable.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

HiveCommander posted:

Also this.

He did a small but nonetheless hilarious contribution as a narrator for Nozaki-kun. Also, he turns 70 this year, and I have it in good authority that several VA dudes and ladies are pitching in for a birthday gift.

I also think that, whoever gets cast when this gets turned into an anime has their work cut out for them as long as they can both do “cute and dumb” appropriately. Kana Asumi (who incidentally plays Nyaruko-san) would be great as either the Shiragami mom or daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
How the gently caress is the thousand year old demon who looks 12 the best character, this destroys everything I believed was true.

• Locked thread