Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Medullah posted:

That thing really is a license to print money.
It's going to be early 1920s Germany all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

Well I bought a slot machine with the intention of donating it to the guild buttttttttt instinctively clicked it when I got it hahaha.

That thing really is a license to print money. 99 coins and I got a poo poo ton of rep items, which I can now start selling to vendors because I got to legend, I got 11 purple jawa junk along with a bunch of greens and blues.

If Hypercrates drop below 5 I'll buy one and see if I can get another. :)

Can you invite people into your stronghold so we can use it?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Wuxi posted:

BH story is really mediocre overall, but has some very high heights (Mostly Alderaan for me). Act 1 is pretty good overall, but it really falls off afterwards, but you can basically just play Act 1 and call it quits afterwards.

But really, if you want a good story and haven't played IA yet, there are no alternatives.

Alderaan is usually a low point, but yeah, it's fun for the bounty hunter because you can just punch nobles in the face when they piss you off. It's pretty satisfying after playing that planet as all the other classes.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I hit Level 50 on my BH last night and used my comms to purchase a bunch of 140 stuff for my gear. I think I'm just going to plow through the planet and class quests for Corellia and just skip the side missions, even though I like Corellia. I still need to get Skadge's affection up though for legacy purposes, so I have my other companions constantly out doing Underworld Trading.

Something tells me I should just blow my credits on the GTN buying gifts instead.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Casyl posted:

Can you invite people into your stronghold so we can use it?

Yep, if you can log on right now I can send you a key. If I'm on and anyone wants a key just let me know. Sadly you do have to be online for me to send it.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dunno-Lars posted:

Having a jugger and shadow, they are both pretty easy to tank with. Jugger/guardian have more defensive cooldowns to play around with, which I feel make them more survivable, but that might just be something I'm imagining. Both are viable for all content.

The main skill required for tanking is situational awareness. You need to know which enemy in a group to engage in other to hit everyone with a AOE, you need to be aware of who the enemies are targeting, be ready to peel enemies off your healers or dps (dps can deal with a single mob for some time). You are also expected to know boss tactics, but since tanks are rare enough, just tell them you don't know and need it explained. Most people are grateful just to have a tank, even more if it's someone willing to learn before the wipes start.

Cool bananas. Thank you.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Medullah posted:

Yep, if you can log on right now I can send you a key. If I'm on and anyone wants a key just let me know. Sadly you do have to be online for me to send it.

Yeah I can get on in just a min.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
If I can't sell mine for more than 4m I'll just give it to the guild.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Unfortunately that link just took me back to the SWTOR homepage, sorry!

http://www.swtor.com/r/d9rknB

Try again. I was phoneposting so that might have messed the link up.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 16, 2015

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
Is it just me or are most moral choices from sidequests basically:

Recieve mission to blow up some generator that's powering shields or turrets or something. When you get to the generator, some dude approaches you and whines that if you blow up the generator, it's literally going to blow up the invisible refugee orphanage that you can't actually visit that it's also powering or some poo poo. +50 dark side points if you decide to go through with the mission, +50 light side points if you just walk away.

It's kind of infuriating. Or it's even worse like the one on Hutta where if you help the starving couple, you get darkside points.

Oni Elem
Jun 1, 2008

Medullah posted:

Well I bought a slot machine with the intention of donating it to the guild buttttttttt instinctively clicked it when I got it

I donated one to the guild last night so no worries :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oni Elem posted:

I donated one to the guild last night so no worries :)

+1,500 KDKP to you, good sir.

edit : I placed it next to the lounge.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 16, 2015

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Gambling trip report:

99 tokens (for a cost of 49,500) gave me these:

It would be nice to have a slot machine item that is guild SH only and where the profits go to the guild.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Well, looks like you can get max contraband rep and certificates pretty cheaply now. I'm gonna hop on this to get those before it gets nerfed. Can multiple people use a slot machine at once? How long does each "play" take?

Revan/Nihilus masks are gonna get so cheap.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Propagandist posted:

Well, looks like you can get max contraband rep and certificates pretty cheaply now. I'm gonna hop on this to get those before it gets nerfed. Can multiple people use a slot machine at once? How long does each "play" take?

One person at a time for the machine. One play is about 6 seconds or so.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Colgate posted:

Is it just me or are most moral choices from sidequests basically:

Recieve mission to blow up some generator that's powering shields or turrets or something. When you get to the generator, some dude approaches you and whines that if you blow up the generator, it's literally going to blow up the invisible refugee orphanage that you can't actually visit that it's also powering or some poo poo. +50 dark side points if you decide to go through with the mission, +50 light side points if you just walk away.

It's kind of infuriating. Or it's even worse like the one on Hutta where if you help the starving couple, you get darkside points.

There's a funny pair in Forged Alliances/Shadow of Revan for Imperials.

Legacy of the Rakata: Blow up the Revanites' poo poo (DS) or steal their supersoldier cyberzombie tech for the Empire (LS).

Yavin: Set sensor thingy to spy on Republic (DS) or spy on the Revanites' even better (LS).

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

Gambling trip report:

99 tokens (for a cost of 49,500) gave me these:

It would be nice to have a slot machine item that is guild SH only and where the profits go to the guild.

If I had a clue how to macro my gaming mouse to right click I could watch a movie tonight and get rich!

I was real excited to see they lowered the jawa scrap cost of the blue and purple materials needed for dark projects to a 1:1 ratio instead of the steep cost they had before. Then I realized they bugged the recipe again and instead of needing self perpetuating power cells it's asking for synthetic energy matrix. For those of you following along at home, this is what it had originally before they changed it to the power cells. Apparently it somehow reverted back after 3.0. The kicker? The matrix isn't available on the jawa scrap vendor like every other part.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Propagandist posted:

The masks you buy from Contraband are BOP.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Medullah are you the one that bought my slot machine or was that someone else

Also I have like 4m credits now, can I borrow 6 so I can become Exploit the Wealthy tia

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

Medullah are you the one that bought my slot machine or was that someone else

Also I have like 4m credits now, can I borrow 6 so I can become Exploit the Wealthy tia

Yes that was me.

And no.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Do Miraluka still have helm clipping issues?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Of course Miraluka, Twi'lek, etc all still have clipping issues. All bioware games have clipping issues. They don't give a gently caress.

(yes, this includes Dragon Age Inquisition on the frostbite engine)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

Of course Miraluka, Twi'lek, etc all still have clipping issues. All bioware games have clipping issues. They don't give a gently caress.

(yes, this includes Dragon Age Inquisition on the frostbite engine)

However, those clipping issues make Karaggas hat an absolute necessity for Twileks

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Cythereal posted:

There's a funny pair in Forged Alliances/Shadow of Revan for Imperials.

Legacy of the Rakata: Blow up the Revanites' poo poo (DS) or steal their supersoldier cyberzombie tech for the Empire (LS).

Yavin: Set sensor thingy to spy on Republic (DS) or spy on the Revanites' even better (LS).
The first is a little ???, but I think the second isn't that weird, given that the Revanites are the common enemy at that point, and spying on the Republic (though obviously making sense from a realist's point of view) would be a bit of a backstabbing move.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Medullah posted:

The masks you buy from Contraband are BOP.

Yes, but why buy them off the GTN for 10m credits when you can use a slot machine for rep and certificates?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

jng2058 posted:

Is it connectibg to the net at all? My old HP laptop keeps randomly disabling my wifi...

the notebook is new, less than 2 months old, yeah, it doesn't disconnect at all, WoW has no issues.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Propagandist posted:

Yes, but why buy them off the GTN for 10m credits when you can use a slot machine for rep and certificates?

Yeah, but you still have to get to Legend which even getting the rep items will take a while depending where you're at.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So I'll probably be on in a bit if anyone wants to run some easy poo poo while drinking

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
Fortunately for me I was already legend! I've been hoarding cartel certificates because i didnt want to waste the ones i have apart from 1 or 2 here and there. I'm inclined to actually blow some on the random mounts and stuff now.

I have this ocd-like compulsion to max all reputations :(

Except thorn and voss. screw those.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Stan S. Stanman posted:

Fortunately for me I was already legend! I've been hoarding cartel certificates because i didnt want to waste the ones i have apart from 1 or 2 here and there. I'm inclined to actually blow some on the random mounts and stuff now.

I have this ocd-like compulsion to max all reputations :(

Except thorn and voss. screw those.

Voss is easy, actually. Only takes a couple weeks of the weekly.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
My current frustration is being less than 200 rep from legend with gree. I need more helix components for more offhands and 1 stupid rep token!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

So I'll probably be on in a bit if anyone wants to run some easy poo poo while drinking

I've already lost interest in leveling my tank so sure!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I've already lost interest in leveling my tank so sure!

Did you end up starting an assassin?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Did you end up starting an assassin?

Yeah, got him to level 12 last night. But now I see that long road to 60 out ahead of me and I'm just kind of like :effort:

Plus, since I want to play it as a tank to get practice, I feel like it's going to involve a lot of pubbie FP runs and that's just like :effort: :effort:

I dig the visual style though, especially the dark ward ability. Way more stylish than a bunch of floating rocks or whatever.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
Can I level a character to max just doing the the class quest line and basically skipping the majority of the stuff that isn't the class quest line?

On launch I liked my Agent but quit after I simply couldn't get farther in the class story without grinding out a bunch of boring standard MMO side quests, so I quit.

Would like to finish the story line and do some of the other classes if I don't have to do the side quests now.

Agraya
Dec 15, 2009
This game is still an MMO, unfortunately. It's mostly standard questing or dungeon spam for levels.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Got a cartel slot machine. Gonna hit it big I can FEEL IT!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Donate to the guild for a nice KDKP Bonus!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Wow, now I get the idea why maybe Crafting might be pretty hosed now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

A new low: tonight, I got snuck up on from behind by this guy:

• Locked thread