Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Eonwe posted:

no if you are really up close to them you'll see it

Oh.

Well good then. Reddit gave me a completely wrong impression.

The way they put it it was like you see EONWE!!!!11!!! in big bright neon colored letters at all times.

"my stealths!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
like the "p2w" airdrop thing, its a big loud as gently caress plane that drops green smoke that everyone on the server will be able to see and go toward

if you manage to get to the airdrop before someone else does and takes your stuff, before you get killed, before a loving bear kills you, or whatever else you might get a gun/guns, you might get like some loving water or whatever

apparently they are going to make guns rarer drops in the crates and also make the drop zone a lot bigger, meaning good loving luck getting your crate

its not so much p2w as an RNG slotmachine with zombies and KOS assholes standing next to you waiting for you to pull the lever so they can steal whatever coins drop out of the machine

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

like the "p2w" airdrop thing, its a big loud as gently caress plane that drops green smoke that everyone on the server will be able to see and go toward

if you manage to get to the airdrop before someone else does and takes your stuff, before you get killed, before a loving bear kills you, or whatever else you might get a gun/guns, you might get like some loving water or whatever

apparently they are going to make guns rarer drops in the crates and also make the drop zone a lot bigger, meaning good loving luck getting your crate

its not so much p2w as an RNG slotmachine with zombies and KOS assholes standing next to you waiting for you to pull the lever so they can steal whatever coins drop out of the machine

I'm actually 100% fine with this. Simply camping the crate with a rifle sounds like fun and I support it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea if idiots want to spend IRL money to maybe get a crate with a gun and then maybe get to it or maybe get shot by me

thats just fine because they spent IRL money to show me exactly where to go so i can shoot them lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

IM SO loving PISSED WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LIE WHY DID YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND TO HAVE WEAPONS MERE HOURS BEFORE RELEASE YPU WILL BE CALLED LIARS FOREVER I WILL CONTINUE TO DEFEND YOU BUT THE MAJORITY OF THE GAMING WORLD THINK YOU ARE GREEDY loving LIARS

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
This thread is full of rationalization and its absolutely adorable. :allears:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Knifegrab posted:

Maybe some of us just don't feel as strongly about P2W as poor people on reddit who want a F2P game where the developer makes zero dollars because developers like :soe: make games purely out of a sense of altruism right?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Knifegrab posted:

yo dude, i pay money for bad games all the time and admit they are bad

im not rationalizing anything

20 bucks is not enough to make me rationalize over, maybe if i spent 1000 dollars on some dumb lovely star shitizen ship id rationalize that

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Kimsemus posted:

I'm actually 100% fine with this. Simply camping the crate with a rifle sounds like fun and I support it.

Yeah, sounds fine to me.

ed

Eonwe posted:

yo dude, i pay money for bad games all the time and admit they are bad

im not rationalizing anything

Considering that most games are bad and people buy them all the time...

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Haha if you think my post was just about p2w stuff.

though haha this game is also a f2p (except you gotta pay to play it now when its even shittier) p2w lesser dayz/warz/FotM

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
either post what you want to post about or go back to posting badly in the charlie hebdo thread

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

either post what you want to post about or go back to posting badly in the charlie hebdo thread

No this is the internet, we need to be cryptic and only reveal our true argument when the time is right, because we pay by the word here.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Kimsemus posted:

STEAM GROUP: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/smedbucks
Current main server for Alpha: Requiem

Follow me brothers, for Rust was but the the training ground in naked, pubbie killing survival.

How set in stone are we with the Requiem server? I can log in just fine now and see the server list, but Requiem is consistently unavailable to join. 95% of all the other servers work just fine, however.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Prophecy120 posted:

How set in stone are we with the Requiem server? I can log in just fine now and see the server list, but Requiem is consistently unavailable to join. 95% of all the other servers work just fine, however.

Not at all, it's just alpha. Hop on CTS and join the channel and see where everyone is playing atm, that's just our defacto server most of the time when it works, for now.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Honestly I think if the game was just :10bux: :10bux: pay to play there would be a lot less rage about it. Smedley is already on thin ice with a lot of people because of SWG and Planetside 2 Implant bullshit. Regardless of how they ultimately decide to tweak the air drops, it was a massive PR fuckup. Smedley still seems like a glue sniffing idiot, and their game has made an awful first impression.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Haroshia posted:

Honestly I think if the game was just :10bux: :10bux: pay to play there would be a lot less rage about it. Smedley is already on thin ice with a lot of people because of SWG and Planetside 2 Implant bullshit. Regardless of how they ultimately decide to tweak the air drops, it was a massive PR fuckup. Smedley still seems like a glue sniffing idiot, and their game has made an awful first impression.

yea it was pretty dumb tbh

I don't personally care, but it seems like a weird decision

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Eonwe posted:

yea it was pretty dumb tbh

I don't personally care, but it seems like a weird decision

Guys, do you understand yet that forums poster "Eonwe" does not care about p2w, and he needs everyone to know it, because any criticism of this poo poo game is met staunchly with his "Personally I don't care" demeanor.

There are valid critcisms of this game. The fact that the developers outright lied. The fact that you're paying money for a buggy soon-to-be f2p game. The fact that its p2w model will likely kill the game. The fact that the game is absolutely terrible and offers really nothing fresh or new (I know, its "EA").

But I forgot, this is a games thread, if I don't just blow this games dick I am being an internet troll :rolleye:

This thread has a very SimCity feel to it. I give it about... two months before everyone has turned on it except for a select few who defend their poor choices to the death.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

Guys, do you understand yet that forums poster "Eonwe" does not care about p2w, and he needs everyone to know it, because any criticism of this poo poo game is met staunchly with his "Personally I don't care" demeanor.

There are valid critcisms of this game. The fact that the developers outright lied. The fact that you're paying money for a buggy soon-to-be f2p game. The fact that its p2w model will likely kill the game. The fact that the game is absolutely terrible and offers really nothing fresh or new (I know, its "EA").

But I forgot, this is a games thread, if I don't just blow this games dick I am being an internet troll :rolleye:

This thread has a very SimCity feel to it. I give it about... two months before everyone has turned on it except for a select few who defend their poor choices to the death.

Nice threadcrap. 10/10.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Haroshia posted:

Nice threadcrap. 10/10.

Thanks, I'd say my posting is about as good as H1Z1.

edit: Just watched a stream where a bunch of zombies phased through a guy, then like 5 minutes later, in the middle of a field, he keeled over and died for seemingly no reason. GOTY

double edit: I am watching another stream and so far I haven't seen a single thing that makes this game better than any of the other survival zombie horror games. I literally cannot find one thing it does better or different.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 16, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Knifegrab posted:

why didn't you just say this in the first place instead of that weirdo exchange you had up there

also lol glad we didn't use your mumble because you are fuckin insufferable

Knifegrab posted:

edit: Just watched a stream where a bunch of zombies phased through a guy, then like 5 minutes later, in the middle of a field, he keeled over and died for seemingly no reason. GOTY

double edit: I am watching another stream and so far I haven't seen a single thing that makes this game better than any of the other survival zombie horror games. I literally cannot find one thing it does better or different.

Guys, do you understand yet that forums poster "Knifegrab" thinks this game is bad, and he needs everyone to know it, because anyone enjoying it is met staunchly with his "dead game, lol rationalization" demeanor.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
I really hate when people enjoy bad games

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also lol I admit the game is bad in a lot of ways

i have fun with bad games

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Air drops seem pretty simple to fix if that many people are really bitching about them. Rename it to Supply drop, have it have a RNG box of survival supplies including gear, flares, high end food & water, and ammo. Include zero guns. Its still a high value target for other players to fight over and doesn't give anyone that pay2gun feeling. Bam.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

I've been watching streams all day. Some highlights

- Vod totally loving up because of volume settings
- Phase shifting zombies with zero AI totally ignoring you til they teleport on your face and gently caress you
- Flying cars. Cohh's stream had a hilarious moment with this
- Invisible angry bears
- Items you just can't pick up
- Twitch chat going berserk from air drops

Basically as the game stands now it's a massive pile of poo poo. Hopefully they use the cash infusion from this Preorder "Early Access" to polish this turd into something decent. I'm losing confidence in that by the moment though seeing how Smedley has treated this whole airdrop clusterfuck. Watching people explode from their incredibly over-hyped expectations not being met is great in its own right.

Basically, GOTY for drama.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Prophecy120 posted:

Air drops seem pretty simple to fix if that many people are really bitching about them. Rename it to Supply drop, have it have a RNG box of survival supplies including gear, flares, high end food & water, and ammo. Include zero guns. Its still a high value target for other players to fight over and doesn't give anyone that pay2gun feeling. Bam.

yea this would be good

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Eonwe posted:

why didn't you just say this in the first place instead of that weirdo exchange you had up there

also lol glad we didn't use your mumble because you are fuckin insufferable

Guys, do you understand yet that forums poster "Knifegrab" thinks this game is bad, and he needs everyone to know it, because anyone enjoying it is met staunchly with his "dead game, lol rationalization" demeanor.

Just tryin to help fellow goons out who might make the same poor decisions you have made. If this thread is full of butterflies and honey other people might also throw money at this turd.

Lol there is a channel for the game in the mumble, but its empty, because I guess everyone realizes its poo poo. HTH

But serious question: What do you think seperates this game from the others?

Haroshia posted:

I've been watching streams all day. Some highlights

- Vod totally loving up because of volume settings
- Phase shifting zombies with zero AI totally ignoring you til they teleport on your face and gently caress you
- Flying cars. Cohh's stream had a hilarious moment with this
- Invisible angry bears
- Items you just can't pick up
- Twitch chat going berserk from air drops

Basically as the game stands now it's a massive pile of poo poo. Hopefully they use the cash infusion from this Preorder "Early Access" to polish this turd into something decent. I'm losing confidence in that by the moment though seeing how Smedley has treated this whole airdrop clusterfuck. Watching people explode from their incredibly over-hyped expectations not being met is great in its own right.

OK maybe this game owns.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

New update from Smed about upcoming changes.

I think it's pretty hilarious he's using Reddit for his communication.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Knifegrab posted:

Does people playing games you don't like bother you?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Haroshia posted:

Drama is 90% of the fun of zombie survival games.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont think its any different from the others and i dont necessarily encourage other people to play it

its 20 bucks, its basically nothing and I've already played enough hours that I got a better value out of it than I would going to the movies

im having fun, its still a bad game, but i like bad games sometimes because you can make your own fun in them

like killing someone who paid money for a crate airdrop

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I think this is a win-win situation for everyone. Those people who bought it and can harvest tears by stealing real :10bux: stuff, and those who did not buy it and just smugly laugh about those who actually did.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Haroshia posted:

yea why would they use reddit as their official outlet

smdh, really dumb lol

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Eonwe posted:

yea why would they use reddit as their official outlet

smdh, really dumb lol

They know their demographic.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
seems to me like all the early adopters are retards, glad I ccanceled my payment and firebombed the op's house

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Knifegrab posted:

Just tryin to help fellow goons out who might make the same poor decisions you have made. If this thread is full of butterflies and honey other people might also throw money at this turd.

Lol there is a channel for the game in the mumble, but its empty, because I guess everyone realizes its poo poo. HTH

But serious question: What do you think seperates this game from the others?

OK maybe this game owns.

i dont encourage anyone to spend money on this bad game. but if you do, be sure to group with goons and gank people out of their p2w airdrops.

knife, id understand your personal jihad against the game if we were spending thousands on something that won't exist for another two years, but really. it's (barely) playable and it's fun killing other nerds. why do you hate other people having fun?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Michaellaneous posted:

They know their demographic.

good point

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Every time you kill someone for their airdrop: you just took $5 from them. I am prepared to overlook pretty much anything thanks to this.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Haroshia posted:

This is the typical next step in the Smedolution development cycle.

We already passed the HYPEZONE/SO MANY FEATURES iteration, now we're entering into the BACKLASH CONTROL/OHGODWHY iteration.

Next will be the IM SO SORRY, FORGIVE ME REDDIT phase which will happen in a few days, then the FEATURE GUT/GUYS JUST GIVE THIS GAME 6 MONTHS step.

Finally, when the dust settles, Smedley will announce several new handgun skins for Planetside 2, and then disappear again into the shadowy depths that birthed him.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

This is the typical next step in the Smedolution development cycle.

We already passed the HYPEZONE/SO MANY FEATURES iteration, now we're entering into the BACKLASH CONTROL/OHGODWHY iteration.

Next will be the IM SO SORRY, FORGIVE ME REDDIT phase which will happen in a few days, then the FEATURE GUT/GUYS JUST GIVE THIS GAME 6 MONTHS step.

Finally, when the dust settles, Smedley will announce several new handgun skins for Planetside 2, and then disappear again into the shadowy depths that birthed him.

And when the planets align again, he will come out of the depths of our earth to announce the new game and turn it into a PR nightmare. :can:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont get why someone would think this thread was arguing that people should buy it

like, read the OP

my quote said this has no content, the OP himself said don't buy it yet

Smedley will gently caress this up like he always does

that doesn't change the fact that you can have fun loving with other people in the game and at least you don't have to read Cyrillic to navigate

• Locked thread