Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Post 9-11 User posted:

Fake edit: Did, did you not completely cut out the banner from the source material before painting it? I'm worried about cleaning the edges without loving up the paint. :ohdear:

I live dangerously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Tommofork posted:

Games Workshop continues in their heinous quest to make a videogame of every game but Necromunda. BFG is pretty cool, morbidly optimistic about it.

Necromunda is the only setting that I could ever see a 40K mmo working in. It was a shame they decided to take the canned mmo the way they did.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lungboy posted:

Necromunda is the only setting that I could ever see a 40K mmo working in. It was a shame they decided to take the canned mmo the way they did.

Isnt there still one in development. I keep getting e-mails about it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Isnt there still one in development. I keep getting e-mails about it.

Yeah that's the semi F2P one that I know Ghost Hand has talked about slightly on the podcast. There was a major one in development until THQ shut down. Don't think anyone really bothered picking that project up again though.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
For Eternl Crusade, as time goes on it looks more and more likely that we're looking at a MechWarrior Online situation at best, and at worst a game which will never come out because it's been pushed so far back that the studio runs out of money.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

So on a scale of Star Citizen to Mechwarrior, where does it lie?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Drythe posted:

So on a scale of Star Citizen to Mechwarrior, where does it lie?

Battlecruiser 3000AD.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

NTRabbit posted:

Fingers in ears, hands out operating the control panel, one like the guy on the right except hand on knee instead of pointing and head turned away as if he's bracing for the concussion wave

Celebration pose, yes.

Fingers in ears, only on the guy not wearing his power armor helm like an idiot.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

PantsOptional posted:

For Eternl Crusade, as time goes on it looks more and more likely that we're looking at a MechWarrior Online situation at best, and at worst a game which will never come out because it's been pushed so far back that the studio runs out of money.

Going to disagree with this. I still have a high degree of confidence this is coming quickly. I'm in pretty regular contact with some people involved in it...

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

BULBASAUR posted:

These guys are single pose, so I sold all of them and want to convert my own. Besides "guy pointing over there" and "dude looking that direction" what are some interesting poses for some custom artillery crew? I'm going to end up modelling 18 of the bastards :v: I would like to avoid them kneeling or picking up shells because that's going to take too much work.

One of them should be riding an artillery piece like a horse, which is how most children seem to assume ordnance is operated in the first place.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors

NTRabbit posted:

Fully materialised and prepared for war

God drat do I love the Warp spider's unit chatter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SUti14oblk

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Fearless posted:

One of them should be riding an artillery piece like a horse, which is how most children seem to assume ordnance is operated in the first place.

I'm sorry but what child thinks this

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

I'm sorry but what child thinks this

Virtually every kid I have ever seen interact with an artillery piece on public display. Seriously, next time you're at a national park that has a cannon or two you'll see what I mean.

Fearless fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 16, 2015

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I don't think they intend to operate the ordinance

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
This sounds cool.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/16/holy-ships-battlefleet-gothic-armada-announced/

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Hollismason posted:

I use cat litter, it's for sale every where and makes a good base and takes washes etc.. well. If I want sand or something I go outside to this parking lot and take that.

Basing : It costs literally nothing.

Also, if you eat chicken after wards just boil that poo poo forever then break up the bones after it's dry they look pretty cool on bases especially the larger ones.

You can also just set out some mouse traps outside, then when the rats die and are decomposing boil the skin and everything off and use their carcasses and skulls for basing.

Dead birds are useful as well.

See a Dead bird on the road , take that poo poo home. Boil all that outside by the way.

Great post

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Ignite Memories posted:

I don't think they intend to operate the ordinance

What is this "having fun" you speak of?? Clearly they are just too stupid to correctly operate the tank.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Hollismason posted:

I use cat litter, it's for sale every where and makes a good base and takes washes etc.. well. If I want sand or something I go outside to this parking lot and take that.

Basing : It costs literally nothing.

Also, if you eat chicken after wards just boil that poo poo forever then break up the bones after it's dry they look pretty cool on bases especially the larger ones.

You can also just set out some mouse traps outside, then when the rats die and are decomposing boil the skin and everything off and use their carcasses and skulls for basing.

Dead birds are useful as well.

See a Dead bird on the road , take that poo poo home. Boil all that outside by the way.

what the gently caress

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Stop quoting the hobo posts.

Humble Bundle has a sale on Warhammer games going on right now:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/gamesworkshop

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Cythereal posted:

In a bit of non-tabletop 40k news, it looks like Battlefleet Gothic is getting a video game adaptation: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/16/holy-ships-battlefleet-gothic-armada-announced/

Those screenshots are getting me pumped up. I'm a sucker for naval-style space combat (even though I just sold my actual BFG fleet).

Kaysette fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 16, 2015

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

HiveCommander posted:

I can sympathize, as far as I'm concerned Eldar have 2 ranged weapons; heat rays and confetti cannons.

That's not true at all. For example, they have the lumpy-looking not-quite-a-lascannon, they have the slightly different lumpy sort-of-plasma, two different S6 multishot weapons that are completely indifferentiable even to Eldar players, a lumpy, bulbous mass that shoots missiles somehow (and is made of solid gold, based on its point cost) and then you get into all of the "unique" weapons! They're all very different, you see.

Lungboy posted:

gently caress Warp Spiders for the same reason, they aren't a "proper" aspect in my eyes.

It must hurt to be this wrong. I can't imagine how you live with it.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

I think that's why my buddies like my DE more than my regular E. They know everything not on a bike or birdman is either splinter or darklight.

KamNZ
May 4, 2009

At least I'm warm...
Inspired by SRM and his 2nd Edition Ultramarines, I thought it would be cool to go back and recreate the 1500pt Blood Angels force from the first ever White Dwarf I purchased back in 1993 (40k 2nd Edition Launch Issue!)

Except I've just done the math and this exact force now translates to only 825pts :negative:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
That's the one where Tycho fails his Ld check against the ork psyker's attack and dies on T1, isn't it?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

KamNZ posted:

Inspired by SRM and his 2nd Edition Ultramarines, I thought it would be cool to go back and recreate the 1500pt Blood Angels force from the first ever White Dwarf I purchased back in 1993 (40k 2nd Edition Launch Issue!)

Except I've just done the math and this exact force now translates to only 825pts :negative:

It's not even a legal force--it only has 1 tac squad, split into two combat squads (they did the same with the Devastator squad).

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Didn't that inspire his fluff for Armageddon, or is it just a weird coincidence?

KamNZ
May 4, 2009

At least I'm warm...

adamantium|wang posted:

That's the one where Tycho fails his Ld check against the ork psyker's attack and dies on T1, isn't it?

The very same!

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's not even a legal force--it only has 1 tac squad, split into two combat squads (they did the same with the Devastator squad).

Whoops, you're right. I'm too used to playing GK and having Terminators as troops.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

KamNZ posted:

The very same!

Whoops, you're right. I'm too used to playing GK and having Terminators as troops.

Add 1 more tac squad and you can take it to 1k points easy

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

KamNZ posted:

Do this, do it hard. Pictures like those also really make me want to get high quality printed backdrops for battle reports, because those look seriously rad.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

End Of Worlds posted:

what the gently caress

You guys are late to the party, but it was great and we all threw up everywhere

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

KamNZ posted:

Uh, smart players know that point costs have not gone down so you clearly miscalculated and are not smart it is likely that you are dumb.

Considering how hard it will be to find every one of those models, why not cut it down to a 500 point force or a 400 point 40k In 40 Minutes force?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Speaking of which what was the White Dwarf with the Orc and Goblin Warhammer battle where one guy just took some stuff and the other took like a ton of Goblin Fanatics, I remember it being one of the more memorable Battle Reports in White Dwarf, it was at or around that same time.

White Dwarfs Battle Reports were loving awesome to read for a while there.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Didn't that inspire his fluff for Armageddon, or is it just a weird coincidence?

That battle report is his very first appearance ever as just some regular rear end space marine captain, and he later got turned into a special character. The events of that batrep inspired all his fluff. Tycho is like Yarrack and Ghazkull in that regard.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Is it :filez: to scan in old stuff from WD and post it?

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
Here's some of my 2nd ed blood Angels.

I painted these nearly 20 years ago... Jesus Christ.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
So it looks like Forge World are hiring someone to do nothing but assemble kits for a few months.

Is this because they're swamped with new releases that need webstore shots done or because they've all had enough trying to put together warped super heavies? :v:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Vondizimo posted:

So it looks like Forge World are hiring someone to do nothing but assemble kits for a few months.

Is this because they're swamped with new releases that need webstore shots done or because they've all had enough trying to put together warped super heavies? :v:

There's is no amount of money that would make me not kill myself assembling warhounds for a living.

Hixson fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 17, 2015

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
You say that but I have two words for you : EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

KamNZ posted:

This will forever be true 40k for me. Primitive painting with strong primary colours and small as poo poo armies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Vondizimo posted:

Just a guess, but we keep hearing that FW stuff will be in GW stores, this could be the push needed to get a bunch pre-assembled for painting and delivery.

• Locked thread