Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.

rex monday posted:

Hey Modron Thread! I need a charming, well dressed skeleton lady. Fancy dress encouraged, cheesecake of any kind highly discouraged.

I swear it feels like I've seen a skellington in Elizabethan dress before.

Yeah, you're looking for Catrinas, from the Mexican Day of the Dead.

There's tons of stuff on a random Google Image Search. Unfortunately, it became a really popular form of face-painting for some reason.

La Catrina is a pretty cool character herself. A famous cartoonist, José Guadalupe Posada created her around 1910 as a satirical representation of Mexican natives trying to adopt the traditions and dress of European aristocracy in the early 20th century. Her name just means "the dapper/elegant woman" .Eventually she became an image of death around Dia de los Muertos, and satirists, cartoonists and newspapers keep a tradition of writing "calaveras" (skulls), which are humorous short poems about people meeting her, and hence their death. These are rarely mean-spirited, and a student writing one about their teacher, for example, is considered witty and perfectly fine.

Maleh-Vor fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mr. Sunshine posted:

I'm looking for insurgents, partisans and guerrillas. Anyone got anything good?

Real life...

Fictional...

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I really wish there was a bigger version of this available.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

homerlaw posted:

Even in the war-torn future, crust punks are still everywhere.

Crust Punk? 'E's a chav m8 'e'll do you!

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

quote:

The Trouble with Centaurs

So you know how colts can run almost right away after being born, but babies can't even hold their own heads up for a long time?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

My greatest piece of internet cred is knowing who made that.

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

I would watch this show.

Me too I don't understand what is wrong with me. I blame a youth filled with TMNT.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
I'm running a superhero campaign, and I need cool masks; preferable full-faced and durable.

As payment, here's some character portraits I put together for games set in the same universe. Most of these were (poorly) stitched together from images in this thread.

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 15, 2015

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

I dunno if the original was posted here

Yes that is Vince McMahon in a mech suit and yes it is official art. (For a game that was cancelled)

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Let's see who's under the mask scoob

It's Mr. McMahon!

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DSPaul
Jun 29, 2006

I are an intellekshool.
You know what this thread needs? Some Philippe Druillet.

There are new translations of the first two Lone Sloane collections coming out this year. I'm pretty stoked.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

homerlaw posted:

Let's see who's under the mask scoob

It's Mr. McMahon!
Oh, son of a bitch! :bahgawd:

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Anyone have some female drow that don't look like they just stepped out of a Cinemax film?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Peas and Rice posted:

Anyone have some female drow that don't look like they just stepped out of a Cinemax film?

Yeah, but only if they're half spider and also have rockin tits

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Peas and Rice posted:

Drow:

Like, half-drow I guess?:

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
Anyone got any dwarf entertainer-sorcerer types? All I can find are bards and they're just too... bardy. On The flipside all the mages I find are sage wizards. I'm looking for a dude that looks like he uses magic to juggle fireballs in a crusty inn.

e: and drinks a lot

MindSet fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 16, 2015

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Peas and Rice posted:

Hah! Good luck!

starkebn fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 16, 2015

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
More Drow:

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Some more:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

From a school project that happened to have Not-Drow...

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Thanks for the Drow ya'all. I was pretty surprised to find how... male gaze-y 99% of the Lady Drow artwork out there is.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Could anybody help me find turn-of-the-century/ambiguously steampunk robots and automatons? Basically what I'm looking for are the Motorized Patriots from Bioshock: Infinite but with slightly less America.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Peas and Rice posted:

Thanks for the Drow ya'all. I was pretty surprised to find how... male gaze-y 99% of the Lady Drow artwork out there is.
Were you?

Hold onto that optimism, child. Don't let this cruel world destroy it.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Peas and Rice posted:

You have a very clean soul then. Hats off to you, Peas and Rice.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'm looking for a subtle cyborg/android. Something that could pass as a teenage/young adult male. Any ideas?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Kumaton posted:

Could anybody help me find turn-of-the-century/ambiguously steampunk robots and automatons? Basically what I'm looking for are the Motorized Patriots from Bioshock: Infinite but with slightly less America.

Have a look at the game Ironclad Tactics. I couldn't find anything great with a quick google image search, but the game is basically exactly what you're looking for.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
What's a good way to search for character art (outside of asking this thread of course)? Some dudes from my online group decided to run some one shots alongside our regular campaign and just beating my head against deviantart until I get something like what I want isn't working so hot.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Pinterest is a decent place to look.

quote:

Hold onto that optimism, child. Don't let this cruel world destroy it.

I've never been that immersed in the Forgotten Realms lore, so yeah, it was a bit of a surprise. I thought Drow were like Romulans, not like Sexy Romulan Fuckgods.

BAWRLIN
Nov 23, 2003

He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long.

Peas and Rice posted:

Pinterest is a decent place to look.

I've never been that immersed in the Forgotten Realms lore, so yeah, it was a bit of a surprise. I thought Drow were like Romulans, not like Sexy Romulan Fuckgods.

Keep your optimism and don't image search for Romulans, either.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

This one is so weird on proportion and perspective that I did a triple take. What the gently caress is even going on here?

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
My brain parses it so that her right shoulder is dropped, he left is raised, and she's bent her left knee a little, dropping her hip. I guess it's kinda awkward?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

TheSpookyDanger posted:

This one is so weird on proportion and perspective that I did a triple take. What the gently caress is even going on here?

It looks like her breastplate sticks out really far in the middle, and the artist didn't think enough about whether a half-shadow combined with that and the asymmetrical shoulders would make her look cubist as gently caress

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
How does this even happen? Like, how does the arrow going down manage to go through her skirt in that way to pull it up? :psyduck:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Yawgmoth posted:

How does this even happen? Like, how does the arrow going down manage to go through her skirt in that way to pull it up? :psyduck:

She would have to have been jumping in the air is my guess

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Forget it, Yawgmoth. It's cheesecake.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The skeleton did it, he's right there going HAW HAW

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

BAWRLIN posted:

Keep your optimism and don't image search for Romulans, either.

:smith:

For perspective, we're doing a Forgotten Realms game for 5th ed, and I asked if I could play a Drow since I thought it would be kind of fun. "What class?" My GM asks. "I dunno, Ranger?" "Oh, like Drizzt?" Me: "Oh, is that was Drizzt is supposed to be?"

I could tell you anything about any kind of Ravenloft lore, but this Realms stuff is beyond me.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You're not missing anything.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Let us take a moment to consider Ravenloft

Yes. I believe it is Good.

Soth, cool knight dude who was taken from Dragonlance to "learn his lesson" in Ravenloft. Refused to change. You stay beautiful, Soth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Really Pants posted:

The skeleton did it, he's right there going HAW HAW

prank mr. skeltal

I'm making a campaign set in tiger headed opium nightmare colonial era pseudo-India, and am looking for character/monster concepts. Give me Victorian colonial types and indian warriors/mystics/psions (or Victorian european versions of those too, not picky).