Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

skeletonotherkin posted:

Any mods that make power armor not suck and operate in a fashion similar to the first two games? I want to feel like a walking tank and not take significant damage from small arms fire while wearing the crap.

This was my favorite mod for Fallout 3 for power armor, I'm still holding out hope that someone ports it to New Vegas and/or I get un-lazy enough to port it myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

CFox posted:

Does EVE and IMPACT work well with TTW? Also what about some kind of weather mod? Hopefully one that doesn't make everything dark as poo poo. Right now I've got a nice, stable mod list for TTW but I'd like to spice it up a bit.

It works for me, so ...yeah. No weather mods though, other than what ENB takes care of.

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
FCOMaster.esm
ProjectCloverTTW.esp
IWR.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
factions reloaded raiders v2.esp
SomeguySeries.esm
T6M Equipment Replacer NV.esm
NVWillow.esp
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esm
RBX.esm
CASM with MCM.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
FCO - GlowingOne.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Camp Searchlight HotFix.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
TTW_XPReduction.esp
FCO - Willow (Cazy).esp
FCO - Willow.esp
outsidebets.esp
Factions Reloaded Legion.esp
factions reloaded followers.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
TTW_Bobbleheads.esp
TTW_SpeechChecks.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
Impact - TheMichaelBay.esp
TTW_MoreCookingItems.esp
TheInheritance.esp
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
Automated Reloading Bench.esp
Type3MClothing.esp
TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp
TTW_StashPackOptions.esp
TTW_SuperMutantRebalance.esp
TTW_VanGraffs.esp
TTW_StartupMenu.esp
TTW_OutcastTrading.esp
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
WMX-DLCMerged.esp
AWOPDeadMoney.esp
FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp
TTW_AnchorageCustomization.esp
awilderwasteland.esp
FNV NPCs Travel.esp
Impact - TheMichaelBay - AllDLC.esp
AWOP-IMPACT-WMX.esp
WMX-AWOP.esp
WMX-ModernWeapons.esp
AWOP - EVE AllDLC.esp
WMX-POPMerged.esp
Merged.esp

Total active plugins: 71
Total plugins: 71

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Any decent mods came out in the past 6 months to a year I guess? Kind of want to replay this again.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

Any decent mods came out in the past 6 months to a year I guess? Kind of want to replay this again.

I was just wondering the same thing. I want to reinstall but instability and sheer laziness of finding all the mods I want is holding me back.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Bob NewSCART posted:

fennesz posted:

I was just wondering the same thing. I want to reinstall but instability and sheer laziness of finding all the mods I want is holding me back.

Afterschool Special is pretty great. It's a quest mod where you refurbish the Goodsprings Schoolhouse into a player home. It has good voice acting and some neat scripting. I found it pretty fulfilling.

House of Horrors is a spooky quest mod where you explore a haunted house. Has some pretty neat scripting.

King of the Ring is a quest mod where you enter the world of professional boxing. Made by the dude behind New Vegas Bounties. Haven't played it myself.

IMPACT is a mod that adds some more punch to guns or something. Expect lots of casings, bullet holes, and particle effects.

Weapons of the New Millennia adds lots of high-quality, modern day guns. Not much more to say about it really.

Vault 22 Flora Overhaul makes Vault 22 look really cool, at least that's what the screenshots tell me.

New Vegas - Enhanced Camera, first person, now with legs! Also torso. Now you too can experience all the polygons that the vanilla New Vegas bodies do not have. My chest is so... angular.

UIO - User Interface Organizer Like Unified Hud Project, but automatic! Makes pretty much every UI mod play nice.

That's the ones I can remember off of the top of my head and also the Files of The Month page on the Nexus. There's probably some other good new mods out there, but I'm too tired to look for them right now. Might see if I can find some more tomorrow.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Holy cow thank you for that post. gently caress I thought I was finally done adding mods.

chitoryu12 posted:

If you're just looking for massive DT, Realistic Battle and Dynamic Combat makes it so that all armor protects more at the cost of making unarmored flesh squishier (which also means that damage that makes it through the armor is going to be higher). The issue is that this will unbalance everything else and basically force you to completely rethink how you play.

Interested in hearing more about personal experiences with this. Sounds interesting on paper but I'd like to hear from someone that's at least made it to Novac or something. You can't tell a chronic modder about a mod that completely rethinks how he plays one of his favorite games of all time! It's cruel!

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 17, 2015

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I'm going to start my 5th play of FNV with TTW installed. What are the best/mandatory mods that work for this type of playthrough? Do Project Nevada and NMC's texture pack play well?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Interested in hearing more about personal experiences with this. Sounds interesting on paper but I'd like to hear from someone that's at least made it to Novac or something. You can't tell a chronic modder about a mod that completely rethinks how he plays one of his favorite games of all time! It's cruel!

This pretty much turns the game into STALKER (or one of those realism mods for STALKER) re: combat. If you're unarmored or lightly armored, you're pretty much eating one to three bullets by any gun to kill you (and vice versa for other lightly armored/unarmored enemies)

With power armor, basically nothing outside of extremely high caliber rounds/high quality weapons and energy weapons will hurt you, so you end up being pretty much invincible to everybody who isn't armed with high power weapons

It really wildly unbalances the game, especially without IWS as you can sweep encounters with a single assault rifle magazine due to how lethal things are. It also makes dudes in heavy armor, robots and whatever else that has really high DT/DR pretty much immune to small arms fire.
Also, the Legion becomes a joke because of how suicidal melee is with the mod. Every second they have to spend closing in on you with melee weapons is one where you're filling them with lead for like a third of their health.

I dunno, try it out- I really like it because it stokes some bizarre balancing point that I like, but it might actually be really terrible given that I've generally got bad taste!

Edit: oh yeah also explosives are basically ultra lethal so you can't afford to get hit by them at all regardless of how much armor you have

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 17, 2015

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Is there any mod that adds new textures for melee/unarmed weapons like EVE does for energy weapons and most of the mods of the nexus seem to do for guns? I've been combing through there for a while and I've found this cool looking Gehenna mod and a bunch of lightsabres, but nobody seems interested in spicing up my sledgehammer or displacer glove.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Fereydun posted:

This pretty much turns the game into STALKER (or one of those realism mods for STALKER) re: combat. If you're unarmored or lightly armored, you're pretty much eating one to three bullets by any gun to kill you (and vice versa for other lightly armored/unarmored enemies)

With power armor, basically nothing outside of extremely high caliber rounds/high quality weapons and energy weapons will hurt you, so you end up being pretty much invincible to everybody who isn't armed with high power weapons

It really wildly unbalances the game, especially without IWS as you can sweep encounters with a single assault rifle magazine due to how lethal things are. It also makes dudes in heavy armor, robots and whatever else that has really high DT/DR pretty much immune to small arms fire.
Also, the Legion becomes a joke because of how suicidal melee is with the mod. Every second they have to spend closing in on you with melee weapons is one where you're filling them with lead for like a third of their health.

I dunno, try it out- I really like it because it stokes some bizarre balancing point that I like, but it might actually be really terrible given that I've generally got bad taste!

Edit: oh yeah also explosives are basically ultra lethal so you can't afford to get hit by them at all regardless of how much armor you have

This sounds good to me after playing the game with more drawn out, shooty battles so many times. I wonder if it wouldn't make critical chance/critical damage useless though?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Seashell Salesman posted:

This sounds good to me after playing the game with more drawn out, shooty battles so many times. I wonder if it wouldn't make critical chance/critical damage useless though?

It makes it totally useless vs. regular dudes, but against any heavily armored guys it's a godsend since it has a chance to put them down quickly.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Holy cow thank you for that post. gently caress I thought I was finally done adding mods.

I usually combine it with a headshot mod, so I can pop most enemies that should be vulnerable to one-shooting with headshots. What ends up happening is that the game becomes a very strange kind of balanced: unarmored enemies like Powder Gangers drop like flies from a few shots of even weak weapons like a 9mm Pistol, but you need to get armor or they'll blow you away.

Take Ghost Town Gunfight, for example. If you get the entire town leather armor from Chet, they tend to beat the Powder Gangers handily because the bad guys show up totally unarmored except for Joe Cobb and get blasted. But if you fail to get them armor and they go up on equal terms, it's likely that they'll take heavy casualties. It also make it more likely for important NPCs like Sunny, Ringo, and/or Trudy to die. Likewise, it's possible that if you try to fight in the usual New Vegas style (out of cover popping Powder Gangers until your health is low enough to force a heal or duck) you'll probably get shafted. You need to take advantage of cover and VATS or bullet time to win.

Word of warning: make all companions essential unless you want to lose them. Dead Money in particular will become literally unwinnable with the mod if the companions aren't essential, as the Ghost People shred them (especially Dog/God, who's a melee character).

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Fereydun posted:

So basically the first part of the game is incredibly hard and then the rest of the game is incredibly easy? That...doesn't sound particularly fun. What with the Power Gangers and their dynamite and your lack of armor. I mean most difficulty mods have that problem but in this case it sounds like the difficulty would just be way too easy after that.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
I recently started using ENB again and I'm getting some graphical errors that pop up now and then. I'm using an "Extreme" preset .ini and the graphics look nice apart from these glitches.

Does anyone know which settings are causing this so I can turn them off or adjust them? I'm pretty positive I installed everything correctly and yes I'm using the newest ENB version.

Specifically the shaders and presets here: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49882/

Kaptain K fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 17, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Those happen whenever I get a steam message when I have the overlay on. Try turning it off. If it's already off, I dunno! Try the things suggested to the last guy like a page ago!

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Kaptain K posted:

I recently started using ENB again and I'm getting some graphical errors that pop up now and then. I'm using an "Extreme" preset .ini and the graphics look nice apart from these glitches.

Does anyone know which settings are causing this so I can turn them off or adjust them? I'm pretty positive I installed everything correctly and yes I'm using the newest ENB version.

Specifically the shaders and presets here: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49882/

So where'd you get the Dali mod?

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

CJacobs posted:

Those happen whenever I get a steam message when I have the overlay on. Try turning it off. If it's already off, I dunno! Try the things suggested to the last guy like a page ago!

Steam overlay was it; thanks a bunch. There really should be a warning since if you have a legit copy it's probably Steam and most people use the Steam overlay. I thought the problem was ambient occlusion or depth of field or one of those things I don't even understand the meaning of.

Thanks!

JawKnee posted:

So where'd you get the Dali mod?
You get a lot of interesting results when you only halfway know what you're doing.

By the way if anyone recognizes some of those interiors from my screenshots they'll notice it's from New Vegas Killer which I'm loving right now as a hardcore SomeGuy fan.

If you're considering playing it; this is all you need to know (no spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP16TJfMMpE

Kaptain K fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 17, 2015

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Zeron posted:

So basically the first part of the game is incredibly hard and then the rest of the game is incredibly easy? That...doesn't sound particularly fun. What with the Power Gangers and their dynamite and your lack of armor. I mean most difficulty mods have that problem but in this case it sounds like the difficulty would just be way too easy after that.

It oddly scales surprisingly well! Most armor just helps you take a few more shots, or be able to take higher caliber rounds without instantly dying. It's only really Power Armor that makes you into an invincible tank.
I dunno, it's really appealing to me and I can't quite put my finger on exactly why. Everything just comes together to form an experience I enjoy, what can I say?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Zeron posted:

I wish the whole game were as difficult as the first push to Novac with IWS on.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you play with low armor that mod basically turns the game into Heaven or Hell mode from Devil May Cry. Enemies die in one hit, but so do you. :getin:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also, power armor isn't as common in New Vegas as it was in Fallout 3 and you don't necessarily get power armor training as you play through the main quest. It's quite likely that you'll be sticking with armors that are good at keeping you alive, but don't make you invincible. Also keep in mind that enemies get the same treatment as the Courier: trying to fight the Brotherhood of Steel without heavy weapons and loads of AP ammo is literal suicide, the Ghost People are likely to tear you up but can be dropped with a few good hits (the Holo Rifle in particular is badass), and anything with explosives needs to be stopped ASAP. Protectrons are still tin cans, but sentry bots are murderous.

I was certainly impressed when I was first confronted with Rawr and panic dumped an entire Red Glare canister straight into his face. It worked. If it didn't, he would have one-shot me.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jan 17, 2015

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Anyone know of a reason that the ending slideshow for Old World Blues wouldn't fire? I killed the Think Tank, and the quest log is on stage 70 which is "Leave the think tank", but leaving doesn't make the cutscene like it should.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

skeletonotherkin posted:

Any mods that make power armor not suck and operate in a fashion similar to the first two games? I want to feel like a walking tank and not take significant damage from small arms fire while wearing the crap.
Realistic Power Armor is pretty good: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35727/

Realistic Power Armor posted:

-Tweaked bonuses (Radiation Res & STR)
-Removed the agility penalty. Powered armor does not make you less agile unless it has inferior design (T45b & NCR salvaged)
-Removed the radiation resistance cap
-Waterbreathing if you have Full Power armor (Matching Body & Helmet)
-Toggleable nightvision on all power armor helmets (Use Tab)
-Weightless if equipped
-Removed speed penalty from armor
-**OPTIONAL**Removed the minimum damage (A armor can now block 90%/100% damage instead of 80%)
Install the 90% or 100% block version and laugh at all those puny bandits with their peashooters.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
So i've decided to play NV again after a long time. I'm looking to do a more purist playthrough gameplay/story wise - so JSawyer, some restoration-of-cut-content mods (feel free to recommend any) and that's about it. Maybe Cirosan's mod if it's still around. Probably first time playing without project nevada.

Anyway the main difference is that i won't be playing on my old potato pc, i'll be playing on a new one i got a while back, so please hit me up with graphics/shaders/texture mods and such.

NVSE is giving me this weird error "Application load error 5:0000065434", any clue how to deal with this?

uaciaut fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jan 18, 2015

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I can't figure out a way to make Old World Blues end. I did all the quests but it just won't pay the slideshow and hand me my transportalponder.

I hosed around with as many of the quest-related console commands as I could, but quest status doesn't seem to be related to triggering the ending sequence.

Guess I'm hosed.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

uaciaut posted:

So i've decided to play NV again after a long time. I'm looking to do a more purist playthrough gameplay/story wise - so JSawyer, some restoration-of-cut-content mods (feel free to recommend any) and that's about it. Maybe Cirosan's mod if it's still around. Probably first time playing without project nevada.

Anyway the main difference is that i won't be playing on my old potato pc, i'll be playing on a new one i got a while back, so please hit me up with graphics/shaders/texture mods and such.

New Vegas Uncut - Freeside Open is pretty good as long as you don't install any quest mods that interact with Freeside.

It combines all the Freeside hubs into one worldspace, as well as implementing the Freeside-related mods from the Uncut series. There's more NPCs, more quests, about a hundred lines of restored dialogue, and lots of other things. It really makes Freeside come alive. Most of this was scrounged from the game files, with the mod author filling in the blank spaces. I guess that makes it kinda vanilla?

It's kinda resource-heavy, but you should be fine if you have a decent rig and nothing too crazy when it comes to graphic mods.

The STEP guide has some nice recommendations when it comes to graphics.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

ThaumPenguin posted:

It's kinda resource-heavy, but you should be fine if you have a decent rig and nothing too crazy when it comes to graphic mods.
Still it puts a lot of strain on an already fragile engine. And uninstalling it from an ongoing game where you've already been to Freeside is not recommended.
Before committing to a playthrough with Freeside Open, you should really test it first by starting a new game with it, console'ing your character to Freeside and see if the large area with all those NPCs in runs properly on your hardware.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:

Raygereio posted:

Still it puts a lot of strain on an already fragile engine. And uninstalling it from an ongoing game where you've already been to Freeside is not recommended.
Before committing to a playthrough with Freeside Open, you should really test it first by starting a new game with it, console'ing your character to Freeside and see if the large area with all those NPCs in runs properly on your hardware.

If it runs poorly on 8 gb's of ram, a gtx 970 and an i5 4690k it's just not meant to be i guess.

Question - does EVE only affect energy weapon textures and animations or does it add content as well? Because i'm really not looking for more content and while graphically a lot of weapon mods do the trick, vanilla game itself (well the ulitame edition at least) has enough stuff to kill critters and people with.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Yeah EVE just gives energy weapons shiny new textures and prettier visual effects. It makes green lasers purple for some reason but doesn't add new weapons, though it does have a wider variety of critical kills (white hot ash pile, blackened ash pile, sometimes enemies explode into ash bits). I'm using Freeside Open (and Strip Open as well) and it stutters a bit when I go to where the zone transitions used to be and is maybe slightly more likely to crash, but in general it works fine, and I've just got an integrated Intel HD Graphics card and 4GB RAM.

The OP's mod list is still pretty good, I recommend Outside Bets and the retexture mods. One I like that isn't in the OP is DLC weapon integration, which adds DLC weapons to the main game. It's nothing insane- you can't buy an extra holorifle or whatever- I just run into Raiders who use .45 pistols and battle rifles occasionally, and I saved up to buy a LAER off a travelling merchant. I like this mod because it makes the game feel that bit more cohesive.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Raygereio posted:

Yeah, you're right. My old rig from 2009 had serious trouble with it, but my new GTX 770 seems to handle it mostly fine.

2house2fly posted:

The OP's mod list is still pretty good, I recommend Outside Bets and the retexture mods. One I like that isn't in the OP is DLC weapon integration, which adds DLC weapons to the main game. It's nothing insane- you can't buy an extra holorifle or whatever- I just run into Raiders who use .45 pistols and battle rifles occasionally, and I saved up to buy a LAER off a travelling merchant. I like this mod because it makes the game feel that bit more cohesive.

I wish DLC Weapon Integration worked with FOOK-PN Convergence. Convergence uses WME mods for guns though, while the only patch available is for WMX.

Hmm, come to think of it, I think I could create one with FNVEdit. Would take a bit of work, though.

EDIT: Oh God, scripts.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

2house2fly posted:

Definitely gonna have to try that out. Any idea on how well it plays with Right to Bear Arms or TTW?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Just using Configator for the first time (to max out draw distance and such) any tips or guidelines with respect to settings given that I'm running this on a rig with:

AMD Phenom II 965 Black edition quad core 3.4GHz
8GB RAM
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 Windforce 820MHZ 1GB 4.2GHZ

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Missing Name posted:

oh god what is happening in my mod soup

Sure, the glitched screenshot was unexpected. But it works in this situation. I mean, look at the Forcaster's eyes. LOOK AT HIS loving EYES.

oh man, now I'm getting this too

I think it's that child eye patch with FCO

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

JawKnee posted:

oh man, now I'm getting this too

I think it's that child eye patch with FCO

At least you can call him four eyes! :v:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a mod that lets the Auto-Docs in Dead Money remove addictions? I want to be dumb to get Dog's final story piece for the Whole Sad Story but my character's intelligence is too high, so booze and addictions are the only things that can work.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Goddamnit something is wrong with MO with this game. When I click on New game it gives the warning about autosaves but when I click yes, it doesn't do anything. Playing without the MO works. No mods are enabled so it is MO itself. How can I make it work?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Kaptain K posted:

By the way if anyone recognizes some of those interiors from my screenshots they'll notice it's from New Vegas Killer which I'm loving right now as a hardcore SomeGuy fan.

If you're considering playing it; this is all you need to know (no spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP16TJfMMpE

This is good, good stuff. Going on my list for my next playthrough.

Scarred, twitchy penis.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
What do people think between the big texture replacement mods? I've used Poco/Ojo Bueno many times but never NMC.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Seashell Salesman posted:

What do people think between the big texture replacement mods? I've used Poco/Ojo Bueno many times but never NMC.

NMC is a very general texture replacement mod and it's nice to use as a starting base for other texture mods that do specific things better. You can then use Poco/Ojo on top of it since NMC covers a lot more things than Poco/Ojo. It's very much worth using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
What do the Wild Wasteland based perks from More Perks do? They aren't described very well in-game.