Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Jesus Christ another BXP weekend already?! This has got to be the shortest time between two bxp weekends ever I swear.

I think I'll do hunter primarily because gently caress hunter, maybe do some smithing/crafting. I'll save up my citadel for it too for double furnace/loom times two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

jesus christ that's awful

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Wow nice reply, wasn't expecting that.

That's cool. Personally I prefer the shittier graphics, I have the GFX options of RS3 on low as I have trouble making stuff out. The textures are gaudy and dull, so even though no textures looks weird/carttony, I can see stuff that I need to.

Now if only I could make worn armour look basic like in RSC, at least I could tell what people were wearing, now everyone is cosplaying in stuff. I know, evolution etc. I'm a casual drop in and out player and can't keep up with the new content.

I think I would like to play OSRS, but only if I could transfer my current character as I wouldn't dream of making a new guy, all the hours poured into my main dude, it would feel like the first was all for nothing? I bet you can't transfer dudes can you? :(

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 16, 2015

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

simosimo posted:

I bet you can't transfer dudes can you? :(

Nope, not even a 1:1 transfer of your 2007/RS Classic stats. Frustrating, but there's "fast" ways of catching up in combat at least.

Melee:
Waterfall quest for quick levels -> quest like crazy for xp -> Nightmare Zone from 60-70 Attack + Defence -> 6 Hour AFK Normal Mode Nightmare Zone in Guthans armour -> 99 Melee Stats

Alternatively, do Slayer from 60+ Attack.

Magic:
Google "OSRS Splashing" -> Acquire Smoke Staff (Unlimited Air + Fire Runes) -> 6 Hour AFK Splashing -> 99 Magic

Ranged:
Quest for levels or AFK Darts/Knives at Yaks -> Chinchompas to 99 OR Acquire Toxic Blowpipe -> Nightmare Zone for 80k+ xp/hr and profits in the form of herb boxes and secondaries or enchants for items.

E: Look into getting OldSchool Buddy if you intend to play OSRS for any length of time, it's got a bunch of nifty little widgets for quality of life stuff.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 16, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Soulhunter posted:

Ranged:
AFK Darts/Knives at Yaks

Curious as how this part would work. I assume use iron or anything that would give some damage but not kill?

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Yaks just have a ton of hp and low defense, same idea as killing Experiments or Rock Crabs, but Yaks can be safespotted. Not meant to be as fully afk-able as the 6-hour splashing or guthans methods, but still quick for early levels.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I definitely enjoy playing my RS Classic character much more than I do 07scape.

Anyway with bonus xp weekend coming again so soon I have no idea what to even work on at this point:

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
What should i try and get, 96 Summ for a Yak or try and get a higher herblire level. I'd say prayer but it's a lot more time consuming than these two and i want to make the most of it as well

Also Joachim i wanna say i won't have my comp up until monday/tuesday so i can make more money to pay ze debt

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!
Couldn't stop laughing at 'The Dragonkin's Den' BTS. Jagex are too British.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_rmXv1q4ww

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Finally, I can make my suggestion to make the Troubadour Dance a resting animation heard by all.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

LemonyTang posted:

Couldn't stop laughing at 'The Dragonkin's Den' BTS. Jagex are too British.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_rmXv1q4ww

5:09 lmao, that is a defeated man.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
If I buy a keepsake key and use it to keepsake a Handcannon, will it retain the cool as fuk handcannon animations when in use?

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
:nyoron: I've been called that more than once, actually.

Re: OSRS chat

OSRS is basically Runescape if it stayed in the dark age of graphics and gameplay the way pubbies wanted it. It's not bad for a nostalgia trip/break from RS3, but it's an isolated experience, and has all the shittiness that RS2 had, especially taking loving forever to get anywhere and no toolbelt. It does have a few nifty things that makes it absolutely baffling that RS3 doesn't, like toggling left/right click options for NPCs/pickpocketing, but there's still so much that makes getting back into it a complete slough.

I never did RS2 farming back in RS2 days, but what the gently caress. It's literally impossible to dig up oak trees unless you pay someone to do it for you because these are trees are loving magic and gently caress you for trying to dig me up you piece of poo poo.

Thank god the GE is now winning by 75.4% because lmao if you actually want to interact with pubbies.

Re: Bonus XP Weekend

:wtc:

I don't even know what I'd bother training/selling. They seriously are just making GBS threads xp on us at this point.

Re: Dragonkin video

Very nice. I just learned what Dragons Den was through the Schoodenfroody thread recently so perfect timing.

Re: Keepsake keys

Yeah, you should keep the handcannon animations.

Bonus RSOF post:

Runescape: I'm maxed you pleasant

Voyaging
Sep 5, 2014

simosimo posted:

Can you explain why? I've played all iterations of the game, but i'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Everywhere I see 'OSRS is great' and then 'OSRS sucks'.

I have major nostalgia for RS Classic [not OSRS] because it was dramatically different and simpler. But OSRS was pretty much what we have now with worse graphics and less features no? Again not being a jerk, just want to hear your thoughts.

Also the thought of making a new account for OSRS makes me skin crawl, skilling, quests...*puke*

I like RS3 a lot, don't get me wrong. I have thousands of hours in RS3 and over 1,000 hours in OSRS.

My primary gripe with RS3 is that it feels very unresponsive, especially in combat. The action bar-style combat system simply isn't viable in a browser-based game where ticks are so slow. The game as a whole feels buggy and poorly coded, especially the audio. In addition to these, I don't like the addition of microtransactions and cosmetics. Having outfits that aren't actually made from in-game items makes the game less endearing for me.

OSRS has none of these problems. Unfortunately, it also lacks a lot of the great content that RS3 has (quests in particular), but the devs seem much more competent and I am more optimistic about the future of the game than the future of RS3.

Oh I almost forgot, dailies! This is a big one. In order to play RS3 efficiently, you have to spend 3+ hours a day doing your dailies. It almost feels like a job. I understand you don't have to play efficiently, but the fun of RuneScape comes from improving your character and doing it inefficiently is less fun.

Voyaging fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 17, 2015

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!
Sold my Torstols for 7927 each, pretty good day 1 bonus xp hype.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

LemonyTang posted:

Sold my Torstols for 7927 each, pretty good day 1 bonus xp hype.

jesus gently caress i got like 1500 grimy ones, gonna clean em right loving now

edit: http://puu.sh/eCvXP.png for my welfare

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 17, 2015

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

And this was from 243 monkfishes as a daily. I can't get into Piscatoris, either.

To be fair, I started at 63 Cooking.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
:siren:WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY LINK AHEAD:siren:

This next Runescape/Sims 2 adventure is a doozy! More than twice as long as the longest adventure so far, our latest story focuses on Mod Mark, Mod Moltare, and Mod MMG as they starr in The Three Jagalleros! More intense action, violence, possible appearances by other JMods, a m8 or two, and even...?!?!?!

Also, Imgur seems to crap up sometimes and do things like duplicate uploads, lose text for a picture, and recently, not show thumbnails when editing said text. If anyone notices what seems to be no text for a picture which should have it (there's only about two that shouldn't), let me know.

K G
Nov 7, 2012

it is hard to read this lol
Is there some sort off Goon FC? I'm in a clan that I can't leave (run by old friends of mine) but I really want to just hang out with some fellow goons.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

There's no FC as far as I know, but you could join the CC as a guest without leaving your friends clan. Unless you want to be in both chats at the same time - no idea if that's possible.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

The old friend chat for OldSchool used to be El GoonSquad, but the name was wiped out when they cleared out inactive accounts a while back. It was rarely used anyways, but it might be useful to have one again. I've created a new account named ScapeGoons for use as a friendchat and sent off the login details to Pizza Lady (check your steam chat).

If you're on RS3, use the regular clan chat instructions in the OP. If you're on OldSchool, use the ScapeGoons friend chat or mumble/steam/tin cans with string.

if you're on regular runescape consider joining the friend chat to talk with us lonely oldschool goons

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I was exploring youtube, and I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8pK4xwHOV0

All I can say is... huh, that's an actual comment from the official Runescape channel, I'm simultaneously amazed and yet not surprised (somehow) that that happened.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

I was exploring youtube, and I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8pK4xwHOV0

All I can say is... huh, that's an actual comment from the official Runescape channel, I'm simultaneously amazed and yet not surprised (somehow) that that happened.

There was a period where the guy behind the RS youtube account would like and comment everything slightly related to RS, I saw them on a Sonny Moore video a few years ago. It was called Turmoil :v:

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Fab as gently caress

What the gently caress?

mcclay fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 18, 2015

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

I guess this is what happens when you keepsake a Goblin Mail and wear it.

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

kill me

In other news, making some more progress towards elf city!

I should probably quest some more

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone

Hoppeduppeanut posted:

In other news, making some more progress towards elf city!

Stealing my idea boy...

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
How have you not done the Restless Ghost and Priest in Peril yet?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
yeah, don't you need pries tin peril to access morytaina?

edit:

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 18, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

SleepingPizza posted:

yeah, don't you need pries tin peril to access morytaina

Pretty sure that's not true anymore. It used to be required.

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Yes I am a horrible excuse who thinks questing is dumb unless necessary at the time I should change this

Swicky posted:

Stealing my idea boy...

Well they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! :downs:

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
Dungeon PSA: You can talk to the smuggler and change your starting items. Instead of coins you'll get
-50 feathers that own for fishing puzzles
-25 rune essence for your cosmics/laws (get daemonheim aura 2)
-an antipoison potion that is pretty much the best food item in dung if you use it right

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

A bunch of nerds are/were rioting in w66 because they got dropped from the drop (heh) and lost 1m in something they only had a 1/500 chance of winning like how loving stupid do you have to be when you know there are intermittent connection issues to wager a semi-decent chunk of dosh to be in some stupid twitch thing at the risk of getting disconnected and losing your wager and lets face it you weren't going to win anyway

Hahaha, nerds :spergin:

Not saying that jagex wasn't at fault either, they probably should've kept it to free buy-ins while there were issues, seems someone had to have known about it (or if they didn't they do now seems they got disconnected themselves during the stream :laffo:), but at least they've acknowledged the connection issues now, I guess?

e: Bonus ORSF pubbie tears

Hoppeduppeanut fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 19, 2015

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
loving kids these days and their DDoSing :argh:

Also here are some nerds that got tricked into Fishing Trawler by that devilish Pizza Hinze

But it's okay as I got an elite task out of it :)

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Pina Coladas posted:

Also here are some nerds that got tricked into Fishing Trawler by that devilish Pizza Hinze

Not pictured: Pizza Hinze, who could not even come on the trawler. Worst dungeonboat ever.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
So I'm pretty burned out on RS3, as made apparent to me by the fact that I can barely motivate myself to stay logged on and I'm playing OSRS again. :v: It's all the little things that Jagex never fixes like the insane startup lag, not recomping lost items that are their fault, endless waves of bugs, etc. etc. basically Jagex being :jagex:

With that said, there were some ideas tossed around for a tournament/citadel fundraiser, and Magres suggested the donations could be part of the pool for the prize for that, and I think it's a good idea.

So let's get some thoughts going. I'm thinking a combat tournament taking place somewhere safe with different tiers could be a good idea, broken down by combat level or something. I'd be willing to toss in 50m to the grand prize pool, but I don't know what would be fair and fun, and I want it to be something that would benefit the poorer Goonscapers over the richies. Ideas??

And for those interested, when would be a good time for you to have the event? Assuming this takes off, I'm willing to part with that 50m of my precious Pizza Money but if we can't fart anything good out, I'll continue hoarding it for bonds and just let the citadel fund continue to stay steady thanks to generous goon donations (Poopsocker recently donated 30m!)

Also, after the next citadel reset, citadel payout will drop from 500k to 300k. This is due to the massive upkeep cost reduction, which now lets approximately 6.2 people meet upkeep, though if the citadel fund is not a clean mil number and has say, 10.5 mil instead of 10m, I'll give 500k to make it 10m just cause I like the numbers neat. I also meant to reduce it sooner, but Poopsocker tossed in a good chunk so you can thank him for that!

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
You could always hold a tournament in the duel arena and split up the pool so that the lower levels get a bigger prize

I dunno just my two cents

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Themata posted:

So I'm pretty burned out on RS3, as made apparent to me by the fact that I can barely motivate myself to stay logged on and I'm playing OSRS again. :v: It's all the little things that Jagex never fixes like the insane startup lag, not recomping lost items that are their fault, endless waves of bugs, etc. etc. basically Jagex being :jagex:

I think the startup lag, if it's the same issue I had, can be fixed by deleting the cache file. I think there's a problem with it getting too large or too old, of course this is something Jagex should at least be able to detect and fix.

K G
Nov 7, 2012

it is hard to read this lol

I can't stand the wait... Roughly two hours until I can finally complete this task and keep on thieving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

palamedes posted:

Not pictured: Pizza Hinze, who could not even come on the trawler. Worst dungeonboat ever.

We weren't even in a dungeon god dammit.

Also not pictured: Grips saying dungeoneering speak.