Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Xenoveritas posted:

I love how they don't include the name of the trial to prevent spoilers and then just have that achievement there unspoiled at the bottom. Does seem to be a pretty big hint.

They also have the name of the dungeon posted as well. "The Void"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
I've heard a bunch about using the Ixali dailies to level crafting. How does that work? Do I need to be a certain level to start doing that or can you use them from level 1? I've got all the beast tribe dailies unlocked, I've just never bothered with them before because gently caress dailies.

I'm not really interested in endgame crafting, but if I could painlessly get a few crafts high enough to meld materia, that would be useful.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

From level 1, although since the experience scales to level and you can easily enough go 1-15 just by crafting everything in your log once each, you'll get more mileage out of putting the dailies toward a higher level crafter.

Also, there are daily grand company turn-ins for each crafter and gatherer, with things they can make/gather at their current level. In addition to seals which you may not care about, they also give experience.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'd definitely suggest using Ixal dailies for getting 15-37 CUL and 15-50 CRP, since that's easily the most painful part of the road to omnicrafting.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Vil posted:

From level 1, although since the experience scales to level and you can easily enough go 1-15 just by crafting everything in your log once each, you'll get more mileage out of putting the dailies toward a higher level crafter.

Also, there are daily grand company turn-ins for each crafter and gatherer, with things they can make/gather at their current level. In addition to seals which you may not care about, they also give experience.

Cool. For the 1-15 stage, can I buy everything I need from vendors at a reasonable price or am I looking at leveling my gathering as well?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Thoom posted:

Cool. For the 1-15 stage, can I buy everything I need from vendors at a reasonable price or am I looking at leveling my gathering as well?

The guild vendor for the respective guild should sell everything you need (and for dirt cheap). For that matter the material supplier in an FC or personal house can probably sell almost everything you need.

book
Nov 29, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

Just keep the name and be a catgirl.

For the complete experience, buy these headphones as well:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/axent-wear-cat-ear-headphones

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Holy poo poo, doing the hest where you have to kill all enemies at the same time, with pubbies. As a healer. :shepicide:

e: hest. not leve.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 17, 2015

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Holy poo poo, doing the hest where you have to kill all enemies at the same time, with pubbies. As a healer. :shepicide:

e: hest. not leve.

That one is terrible but doable even with pubbies because after the fourth or fifth time the mobs come back they usually start to actually pay attention. Now the other one at that level I can't seem to clear lately at all, people keep letting the drat artifacts get smashed.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

And you don't even get it reset if you fail, you're just kicked out.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

book posted:

I kind of want these.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
loving killed Phoenix tonight. The cutscene after is loving sweet.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Cutscene was so OP it killed my game and then wouldn't let it start again.

(Something something changed graphics settings, something something start another game with decent graphics requirements to reset it).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Algid posted:

Cutscene was so OP it killed my game and then wouldn't let it start again.

(Something something changed graphics settings, something something start another game with decent graphics requirements to reset it).

Gotta give you props for helping us clear on your first t12 attempt ever.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

So there's no Extreme trial specified in the patch notes? Is that normally not in there?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Rei_ posted:

So there's no Extreme trial specified in the patch notes? Is that normally not in there?

The patch notes aren't complete, and this patch is also unique in that there's two parts so we can't really say anything with certainty in this case.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Reposting a recruitment code that got buried a week ago.

297PYDFJ

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Rei_ posted:

The new Greg fight is an extreme primal of sorts.

I figure there will be an ex or any story battle added in. They've been pretty consistent with that.

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008
Both Gilgamesh and the mystery trial are in DF on release while Odin is not so I assume that Odin is on par with extreme difficulty. But if not that's a pretty big let down, 3 trials and none of them are hard.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

The new Greg fight is an extreme primal of sorts.

I figure there will be an ex or any story battle added in. They've been pretty consistent with that.

Most likely, there will be an Odin extreme fight. This is just going from 2.2-2.4 patterns.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Mr. Nice! posted:

loving killed Phoenix tonight. The cutscene after is loving sweet.

Man, less than a year ago I was rescuing you from the hell of pubbie Titan Hard, and now you're blowing past me in Final Coil.

It is a strange mix of :3: and :negative:.

Also yes I fully expect there will be Odin Hard and Odin Ex, these prelim notes are weird and had a number of errors

Lori
Oct 6, 2011

I clipped into a ramp going upward and flew 300 feet in the air. It was great.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

book posted:

I would buy these as long as they sound decent

HelloPlatypus
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL
SHE'S A GIRL
OBVIOUSLY JUST LOOK AT HER

This is literally one of my favorite parts of the patch notes; you don't even know how long I've been waiting for this poo poo.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SpaceDrake posted:

You're quite certain? I've tried it before (multiple times even) and gotten no credit at all despite having flashed quite a bit (and seen the blind connect etc.)

Meanwhile, FF World Problems: I remain torn between Lady-Midlander and Lalafell for the time being.

On the one hand, being a Midlander actually gives me legs and feet and does a better job of showing off my frankly-unsettling collection of Cute Shoes™, especially my Allagan-Bellbottoms-and-Lady's-Clogs combo for my current main job, as well as my Fistfighter's Jacket, Peltast Breeches & War Caligae ensemble as NIN/MNK, my preferred DPS. There's also a new hairstyle coming in the 2.5 cycle I'm interested in for my Midlander design. And the fact that the camera behaves a bit better in cutscenes when you're a normal-height human :v: And also the fact that, as much as I enjoy being Yololo Yolo, sometimes pubs think I'm just going to be a troll and it can cause all kinds of problems.

On the other hand... well... Lalafells. Lalafell animations, specifically, especially compared to the boringly Anime Girl Midlander animations. It's almost depressing how much better the Ninja animations are on Lalafells compared to practically everyone else (and not just the superior run and dash - the attack animations feel like they flow a little better, too) and letting go of /grovel, the /sits, /disappointed, the jumping /huzzah... it's difficult. Lalafells are also getting some hair options I've looked forward to in the coming patch (hairbands for everyone!), and seriously - I own the name Yololo Yolo. My inner Goon nearly compels me to use it.

This will all likely be moot come Heavensward as I am probably going Full Dragonprincess (and even then, the Lala animations might lure me back), but that's still some months away and in the meantime I am torn with indecision about what to be for 2.5. Midlander with actual legs or Lalafell with actual animations? It is a struggle. :smith:

What's that? You want to have a character big enough to appreciate playing pretty princess, and who has animations with personality as well? There's only one real option, then!

On another note, thanks to whoever answered my PVP questions pages ago. Finding out that you lose rank if you switch companies means I won't be joining you guys in Adders, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Roegadame gets me all aflutter, it is true.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Roegadame roegalyfe.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
cool thanks for region locking your time cards S-E without loving saying they're region locked
I play on the US servers but apparently there's a flag on your actual account between EUROPE & OTHER and NORTH AMERICA that means this 60 day card I just got is loving useless

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

those time cards have a big hint on them

you might know that there's something called PEGI and the ESRB

the euro ones say PEGI

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

orange juche posted:

I would buy these as long as they sound decent

They have a mic as well. I actually kind of want these now and I don't know why.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

ilifinicus posted:

those time cards have a big hint on them

you might know that there's something called PEGI and the ESRB

the euro ones say PEGI

The US code I got from the digital codes sold on Amazon for the US servers I play on where it doesn't say anything about a region lock :bravo:

Exponential Decay
Sep 10, 2009

i bound fire to q

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The US code I got from the digital codes sold on Amazon for the US servers I play on where it doesn't say anything about a region lock :bravo:

You can play on any server regardless of which region your code is.

Lori
Oct 6, 2011
Reinhard Heydrich, unlike most of his colleagues, gets past the name filter for anyone who wants to be edgy.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Exponential Decay posted:

You can play on any server regardless of which region your code is.

His problem is he bought a US game time code, which is not usable on an EU client/account. I would assume this has something to do with VAT restrictions and poo poo.

Gotta love that Value Added Tax poo poo eh?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SpaceDrake posted:

Man, less than a year ago I was rescuing you from the hell of pubbie Titan Hard, and now you're blowing past me in Final Coil.

It is a strange mix of :3: and :negative:.

Also yes I fully expect there will be Odin Hard and Odin Ex, these prelim notes are weird and had a number of errors

Moving to Excalibur was the best move I could make. How are things on Gilgamesh? Is RoF still around?

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Rei_ posted:

Odin's base fight has the same iLevel requirement as Shiva Ex (95) when a story HM version is usually much lower than that. So it's entirely possible we just get that fight and that's the hard one that drops loot.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
At Fanfest Odin was fought in i100, and that definitely wasn't Ex primal levels of difficulty.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Odin Hard is the one that pops in the shroud...

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

It might be because I haven't played an MMO since WoW: WotLK, but there are some nice little touches in this game that I really really like. I just got my coeurl kitten (followed by the adorable wolf pup) and the first thing I did was just sit down and watch it. Like /sit. And that's when I noticed that the sit actually has a little animation to it. My little Lalafell was just kind of rocking back and forth, and that's also when I noticed that your character's head actually turns to look at what you have targeted. So my charcter is just sitting there watching this little adorable cat romp back and forth. Also the fact that the cat has an animation for when you go into battle, even though it's a non-combat pet.

It really is the little things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I remember them saying at fanfest that the odin fight there wasnt going to be indicative of the final fight ingame when it comes. It was likely set somewhere between hm and ex in terms of difficulty just for the event, so that the contest wouldnt be to hard or easy.

• Locked thread