Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I expect to be murdered tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

Rip but it was worth it. Dat sweater!

Content:

Danith
May 20, 2006
It seemed to calm him down a lot. He was a lot less meowy and crazy with it on. I'm thinking of trying to stuff him in it again so I can get some decent sleep tonight.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Hey, black cat thread, it's been a while...... here's some random Eben and Bingley for your enjoyment. With bonus Archie!

This is the after effect of massive zoomies.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?
More Vashta, by request of no one.

These are older ones, as evidenced by the fact that Vashta is not huge.

He's never stopped being curious. About anything.

You can really see his brown stripes here.

He misplaced his legs, apparently.

Slightly more recent:

Both of them were squalling at the window seconds before. No one is buying your innocent act.

From the last couple months/weeks/minutes:

Vashta spends most of the day sleeping. Meaning that he stores his unholy terror energy for evening/night.

And now Vashta is done with my poo poo.

No, really, done with it.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
We lost our Black Cat Chloe last night. She was the sweetest, nicest cat I've ever met. Sadly she did not react well to our most recent move and managed to catch a nasty antibiotic resistant nasal infection and passed at the vets office last night.

I'm really upset right now. I was firmly a dog person until I met my now wife, and she and the cat were a package deal. She made me like cats. I will miss her terribly.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Morand posted:

We lost our Black Cat Chloe last night. She was the sweetest, nicest cat I've ever met. Sadly she did not react well to our most recent move and managed to catch a nasty antibiotic resistant nasal infection and passed at the vets office last night.

I'm really upset right now. I was firmly a dog person until I met my now wife, and she and the cat were a package deal. She made me like cats. I will miss her terribly.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Moves can be very hard on cats, unfortunately -- when my family moved when I was a kid, the older of our two cats (who was a tuxedo and stubborn as hell) decided to stop eating, and we had to force-feed her for several weeks to get her over fatty liver syndrome and eating on her own again. (She survived that and lived to be 20, I guess because she realized she still had too much Hell to dish out to the household.)

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Morand, I'm really sorry for your loss. :sympathy:

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

JimmydaFish posted:

Morand, I'm really sorry for your loss. :sympathy:

The worst was the first day when she wasn't around and I got a reminder in my phone to clean her litter box :(

Mornings are quieter and sadder without her meowing hello at me when I wake up.

hooliganesh
Aug 1, 2003

REPENT!
Here's Natasha on Christmas morning. Empty boxes are among the best presents ever.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Putang and I got a cat (rescue cat from the mean streets of sunnyvale, CA) in November. Here she is sleeping

She bit us a lot at first but has calmed down and is very lovable most of the time. She is hyperactive and loves to play more than any other cat I've encountered (not that it is a high number)

e: her name is Ayr

Only registered members can see post attachments!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Style cat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

I have a big cat and a little cat, bro and sis.

Circle test: LK passed.

LK looks like she's saying, "killl meeeeee" but she's a sweetheart.

BK is choco in the sun.

BK + LK were found like this when I tossed an extra duvet to stave off wintry coldness.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
I'm not saying all black cats have that half dead look when they drowse, but seriously.

Danith
May 20, 2006
Tigger loves his cat bed..

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.
A most graceful creature.

Danith
May 20, 2006
Looks like both the cat tree and the cat need some vacuuming :)

edit: want to lay my head in the trap

Danith fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 14, 2015

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.
Sad thing is, I recently vacuumed the cat tree. They've used it so much that there's bare spots now. There's plans to recover it.
The cat, on the other hand, will run in terror from the vacuum so, no go. You can wuzzle the tummy most days. It's usually not a trap.

errant wit
Jul 21, 2008
He hates his tie but whatever

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I've never had a cat tell me "You're fired" before.

Danith
May 20, 2006
Where did you get that tie, I need to get my cat a tie

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Hi black cat thread, I have a black cat too.

We call him Binx (after the dude from Hocus Pocus)

errant wit
Jul 21, 2008

Danith posted:

Where did you get that tie, I need to get my cat a tie

I can't remember exactly, but some person in Seattle made it? I lost the business card because I'm terrible

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.
I believe forums user Funhilde over in the YOSPOS cat thread makes, or has made, cat ties for other people.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

10 minutes prior, that pillow had been propped up against the shelf, but Heinie wanted somewhere to sit.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

More importantly how do you get your cat to wear the die without scratching and biting it for his dear life?

errant wit
Jul 21, 2008

xilni posted:

More importantly how do you get your cat to wear the die without scratching and biting it for his dear life?

Only one of my cats allows ties, the other one (lynx point Siamese) writhes around while biting at it and acting like he is going to die. The cool one doesn't mind ties because he is old and grateful that I saved him from being homeless years ago. I've dressed him up in all kinds of ridiculous clothing and he just sits there like "well this is my life now."

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My cat likes to play fetch, and I like to have The Cleveland Show on Netflix as background noise in my teeny tiny apartment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9hP03St_Xo

piscesbobbie
Apr 5, 2012

Friend to all creatures great and small

YeahTubaMike posted:

My cat likes to play fetch, and I like to have The Cleveland Show on Netflix as background noise in my teeny tiny apartment.

awww, that is so neat! Thank you for sharing! :)

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

YeahTubaMike posted:

That's adorable. My youngest cat does this with makeup sponges sometimes. Cats with stuff in their mouth is so :3:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Chronojam posted:

That's adorable. My youngest cat does this with makeup sponges sometimes. Cats with stuff in their mouth is so :3:

I wish I knew why he occasionally just keeps stuff in his mouth and runs away, but whatever. I didn't actually TRAIN him to play fetch (I would throw pieces of paper at him, then he'd eventually bring them back after I was too lazy to retrieve them), so I figure this is the best he's ever going to do.

edit:

piscesbobbie posted:

awww, that is so neat! Thank you for sharing! :)

Thanks :3: He's almost 9, and I'll be really sad when he's finally too old to fling himself at doors & walls to catch wadded-up napkins.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
Oh hey black cat thread, this is Theodore.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Dogfish posted:

Oh hey black cat thread, this is Theodore.

Theodore is lovely.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

:3: What a handsome catte! He seems very interested in something out there.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
Most likely a bird; he's very into bird surveillance. He doesn't usually try to do anything about their presence, just wants to make sure they know he's watching them. We have a recurrent pigeon on the balcony and he'll sit there and just exchange glares with it for hours.

Edit: Thanks for catte complimenttes. : )

Dogfish fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 21, 2015

Kuromyneko
Aug 21, 2014

Kuro neko

All kitties are cute no matter what maybe eve sphynx cats

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

That weakens the meaning of cute in my opinion. The ones with smoothed in faces give me a bad reaction. Sphynx cats are actually milk chihuahuas and don't count but are cute.

I paint d my cats with a babbus.

The red dot means it sold.

edit: I really mean smooshed and not smoothed. DYAC.

kuskus fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 21, 2015

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
You're gonna sell prints of that, right?

:homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority