Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

koolkal posted:

I wish the Arena didn't take so many wins each week. It's like 25 games for silver, then 100 for gold and then it looks like another 150 wins for master. I'm sitting at 150/2500 into gold with 115 wins and only had like 2-3 losses.

I finally spent the time leveling and rolling 4* priests because Nurspy is so useless and got a Mew and the difference with her just at level 1 is huge.

I don't really understand why the Syringe heal lands in front of your farthest forward party member while the Angel thingy lands slightly behind. Is there ever a reason you want an AoE heal in an area in front of your party? The only situation I can imagine is you're playing whatever that whirlwind warrior skill is, and even then you're not going to be using it so often that you want your heal spell based around it. Anyone have any insight?

The only reason I can think of is that nurspy's heal also does damage or something, so having further back is "worse" or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Oh yeah, good point.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

koolkal posted:

I wish the Arena didn't take so many wins each week. It's like 25 games for silver, then 100 for gold and then it looks like another 150 wins for master. I'm sitting at 150/2500 into gold with 115 wins and only had like 2-3 losses.

I finally spent the time leveling and rolling 4* priests because Nurspy is so useless and got a Mew and the difference with her just at level 1 is huge.

I don't really understand why the Syringe heal lands in front of your farthest forward party member while the Angel thingy lands slightly behind. Is there ever a reason you want an AoE heal in an area in front of your party? The only situation I can imagine is you're playing whatever that whirlwind warrior skill is, and even then you're not going to be using it so often that you want your heal spell based around it. Anyone have any insight?

Losses take away something like 70-90~ish points and winning gets you around 20-30 points. So if you really want to rack up points you can't afford any losses. I think this week I have 400 wins and around 5 losses? took me around 15ish tickets to reach masters I think?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Yeah the losses are always 3x or so as much as the wins so I've just not played and let the ticket run out if I don't get teams I'm very likely to beat.

My team is a lot weaker than yours. :(

I think my peak is somewhere in gold because I'm getting a lot of 3x 5* teams which I can't really beat yet.

How did you do it in 15 tickets though? When I got to 10 wins it ended the run automatically.

koolkal fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 16, 2015

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

koolkal posted:

Yeah the losses are always 3x or so as much as the wins so I've just not played and let the ticket run out if I don't get teams I'm very likely to beat.

My team is a lot weaker than yours though. :(

I think my peak is somewhere in gold because I'm getting a lot of 3x 5* teams which I can't really beat yet.

How did you do it in 15 tickets though? When I got to 10 wins it ended the run automatically.

I meant 15 tickets worth 10 wins each so 150 wins.

If you think the match is going to be close pay for the 700g 50sp boost thing. It lets you use a skill right after a 3 block which is huge for something like a Archon or Leon.

Also, dodge all Archons + Alex combos in Arena, its just such a crapshoot. If their Archon goes off it will melt your whole team including Alex. Archon + Alex is like the only time I actually spend the 700g so I can make sure my Archon goes off before his.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
These Chilly Bread Storage levels are boring as gently caress.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Level 9 is easy if you have multiple hit units you can spam like archon or Santa.

Disarm 20 is really pissing me off. I really want D'art but she isn't dropping and half the time I get bursted down at the start before I get a 3 block.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.

mcpringles posted:

Disarm 20 is really pissing me off. I really want D'art but she isn't dropping and half the time I get bursted down at the start before I get a 3 block.
That's how I'm feeling. I have cleared it about 7 times and failed probably 2x that. Haven't gotten anything yet. I had really bad luck with the christmas ones too, I only ever got 3 of them.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

mcpringles posted:

Level 9 is easy if you have multiple hit units you can spam like archon or Santa.

Last week I did 100+ runs for dorothy and I didn't get neither Maria or Dorothy to drop. This week D'arta dropped in the first run. Rates are terribleeeeeeee

Also there is like no reason to run Bread 10 when Bread 9 takes like 30 seconds with Santa/d'arta/Archon and rewards are practically the same. Random blocks are annoying as hell.

Been stuck at Top 5.5% in arena for like a full day. When i use my tickets I move up 1% and then when the ticket refreshes I'm back down 1% :negative: I guess I better buy some tickets from popo to finally break through.

Edit: Haha bought a ticket, first match crashes and I lose another 1% :suicide: granted this is the first time this has happened in like a 1000 matches but drat...

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 16, 2015

jackchaos
Aug 6, 2008
Starting to really feel progression in this game. And still really loving it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
So my main group is Giparang, Mew, and Leon. Should I try rolling gunners or archers for something else maybe? I'm thinking of playing until I get to hard mode so I can train stuff faster and also roll for paladins as well

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
I finally beat a X-mas team, holy poo poo. I feel like I'm on top of the world.

My team: 5* level 50's: Archon, Mew, and Cain. I spent forever rerolling for a Mew, and I got the Archon on my first 4* promote (except I was trying for Sasquatch to combo stuns with Cain). I'm working through hard mode right now to get Alexander to replace Cain, but I'm still half thinking to try for a Sasquatch still. I think the Sasquatch/Cain combo could permastun a world boss and make getting 6* weapons much easier for me.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Which mage should I prioritize using: 5* Archon or 5* Sasquatch?

Also, I wish the game would at least give you something for beating Disarm 20 when you don't get d'Art. At least to make the drop rate not feel as terrible.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
I like the gunner Vinnie. He's a lot better than his description implies, because his level 2 and 3 skills leave out some crucial information. What it says: "Landing a three-chain increases this hero's crit damage by X" What it actually does: "Landing a three-chain increases this hero's crit damage by X, ALSO landing a crit follows up any attack with another three-chain". At 6 stars, he gets three consecutive three-chain attacks for every critical hit he lands. If you pair that with the western gunner skill, which turns your next attack of any length into a three-chain, you can hit a point where he just never stops firing ultra powerful rockets.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Dizz posted:

So my main group is Giparang, Mew, and Leon. Should I try rolling gunners or archers for something else maybe? I'm thinking of playing until I get to hard mode so I can train stuff faster and also roll for paladins as well

There is no good paladin worth rolling for, except Achil and thats only for the skill. Soon as you reach Hard mode you get the quest for Alexander who is the only promote Paladin worth having (for now). Gipang is decent in Arena, just roll +Crit dmg on your weapons and he should carry you into Masters pretty easily. If you don't like Gipang you can try for Robin hood or Maxi who are pretty good.

hcenvirons posted:

Which mage should I prioritize using: 5* Archon or 5* Sasquatch?

Also, I wish the game would at least give you something for beating Disarm 20 when you don't get d'Art. At least to make the drop rate not feel as terrible.

Archon for sure.

Riftling posted:

I finally beat a X-mas team, holy poo poo. I feel like I'm on top of the world.

My team: 5* level 50's: Archon, Mew, and Cain. I spent forever rerolling for a Mew, and I got the Archon on my first 4* promote (except I was trying for Sasquatch to combo stuns with Cain). I'm working through hard mode right now to get Alexander to replace Cain, but I'm still half thinking to try for a Sasquatch still. I think the Sasquatch/Cain combo could permastun a world boss and make getting 6* weapons much easier for me.

Sasq, Spyro/Sneak/Gon, Joan is the optimal line up for perma stun teams. Cain/Sasq won't be able to produce enough chaining stuns to make it work.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Dizz posted:

These Chilly Bread Storage levels are boring as gently caress.

Holy poo poo they seriously are. This is about as fun as hammering nails into my dick

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Anyone wanna try T4 WB?

It would be safer if you got another Sasq or Alexander + Res. But if not I'd be willing to try and see if I can solo it.

If the Sasq team doesn't work, I might be able to solo it, with a Alexander team also?

Iron Chef Nex
Jan 20, 2005
Serving up a hot buttered stabbing
I'm still digging this, and have a couple of (what seem to be) decent units - my question now is what skills should I assign them. I'm running Leon-Yeo-Archon, and have Cain, Gip, and Nurspy as well. I'm liking Leon's big-rear end sword Final Judgement, but am not sure to set up the rest of the team with.

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug

Iron Chef Nex posted:

I'm still digging this, and have a couple of (what seem to be) decent units - my question now is what skills should I assign them. I'm running Leon-Yeo-Archon, and have Cain, Gip, and Nurspy as well. I'm liking Leon's big-rear end sword Final Judgement, but am not sure to set up the rest of the team with.

Yeo with Energy of Goddess and set Archon as leader with Mana Recycle. You want Archon to get as many 3-blocks as possible to blow things up with his energy orbs.

Iron Chef Nex
Jan 20, 2005
Serving up a hot buttered stabbing

Rianlee posted:

Yeo with Energy of Goddess and set Archon as leader with Mana Recycle. You want Archon to get as many 3-blocks as possible to blow things up with his energy orbs.

Thanks a bunch - holy crap, Mana Recycle on Archon just majorly upgraded that team.

jackchaos
Aug 6, 2008
Are orbs just for six star arc?

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug

jackchaos posted:

Are orbs just for six star arc?

Nope. I will refer you to a reddit post which explains it better than I can.

http://www.reddit.com/r/crusadersquest/comments/2sl5t2/archon_viability/

jackchaos
Aug 6, 2008
Been trying in practice mode and can't for the life of me make them appear. Running arch mew leo

jackchaos fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 17, 2015

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Is there some way to make this work on a nexus 4?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

jackchaos posted:

Been trying in practice mode and can't for the life of me make them appear. Running arch mew leo

Archon has to be under a buff for the orbs to appear, either from his own passive or someone else's (Any buff works). That's the official description but in dungeons they appear even when you don't have buffs, long as you did a 3-chain prior not too long ago.

In PvP its more strict, as in no buffs - no orbs. Not sure why it works like that but it does from my experience. They stealth changes things for PvP like Joan only restoring 18sp in PvP and 30 in PvE.

Edit: If you level Mana Recycle high enough that it gives the +Dmg% that will also count as a buff, so keep in mind you can always mana recycle into orbs right away.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 17, 2015

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
loving poo poo how does anyone get Alexander. I'm so bad at the story mode I just can't get to volcanic

jackchaos
Aug 6, 2008
Fixed the archon problem. seemed to be an issue with the version I had all I had to do was update.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Wassbix posted:

Edit: If you level Mana Recycle high enough that it gives the +Dmg% that will also count as a buff, so keep in mind you can always mana recycle into orbs right away.

Ahhhhhhhh, this is what was tripping me up with the orbs. I didn't think about the Mana Recycle buff.

Also I am running Archon + Leon + Nightingale, am working on getting Alex so I can do Arc+Alex+Night in the arena. I really like Archon functionally because I think Mana Recycle is a lot of fun, and I want to use him in PVE as well. But I don't think Alex+Night are good compliments to him. I keep hearing Joan and Mew are good compliments to him in PVE, and I was going to work on unlocking those two next, but what about others? For ancient dungeons where Healer+Sword might be disabled? I mean on a pretty broad spectrum of classes.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Vincent Valentine posted:

Ahhhhhhhh, this is what was tripping me up with the orbs. I didn't think about the Mana Recycle buff.

Also I am running Archon + Leon + Nightingale, am working on getting Alex so I can do Arc+Alex+Night in the arena. I really like Archon functionally because I think Mana Recycle is a lot of fun, and I want to use him in PVE as well. But I don't think Alex+Night are good compliments to him. I keep hearing Joan and Mew are good compliments to him in PVE, and I was going to work on unlocking those two next, but what about others? For ancient dungeons where Healer+Sword might be disabled? I mean on a pretty broad spectrum of classes.

For PvE

Sneak, Night, Archon

Archon, Night, D'arta

Are both super high DPS and pretty safe. I've run both teams on 4-24 Hard and it takes bit over a minute for a clear.

PvE don't worry about Mew if you have Night, she's just a straight up upgrade in a PvE setting.

PvP

Alex,Night, Archon is bit too low on block generation that you'll lose to other Archons who go off faster (Not even Alex can tank Archon Orbs). Try Alex, Joan, Archon or Joan, Mew, Archon if you want to be riskier. With 6* Archon spending the 700g for the 50SP buff will nearly guarantee you a win 99% of the time. That's what I've been doing in Archon mirrors and I think I lost once out of around 100.

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
Ten rolls, all 3 stars garbage. The upgraded drop rate is a lie.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So how do you deal with these dungeon dudes who put up both physical and magical shields?

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

The game is just trolling me now. 4 Leons and no D'arts :mad:

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Fishmonkey posted:

Didn't the contract drop rate event end a few days ago? It was only a one day event.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

DrManiac posted:

So how do you deal with these dungeon dudes who put up both physical and magical shields?

Anut dispels the shield, and Bella deals 50% neutral damage before shield

Riftling posted:

Didn't the contract drop rate event end a few days ago? It was only a one day event.

Yeah it ended on Thursday night i believe

Also, can someone explain Robinhood passive to me? Ive re-read the patch note and I still cant decipher it

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug
Edit: Never mind.

Rianlee fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 17, 2015

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Fishmonkey posted:

Like they said, the event is over.

But hoo boy I learned my lesson with doing rare pulls in this game SO fast. It was throwing stones at me so fast I just HAD to spend those stones, right? Login reward, quest rewards, leveling unit rewards, what could I possibly spend all these stones on!

Nightingale, Cain, and then I've never pulled anything but a 3-star since. 3-stars that are pretty easily farmed. 3-stars that are not only easily farmed, you will literally have too many of from just progressing through the story. I seriously doubt I'll ever do another rare pull in this game, it's just too, too bad. I did the 2 stones a day for 30 days deal for $10 and I am totally okay with that, since the slow trickle of stones keeps me from doing stupid poo poo like thinking the rare increase would make any difference whatsoever(spoiler: I got another 3-star), but also lets me buy more dungeon keys on Bread Daily because two units are maxed level but just need training, or gemming more meat because i'm just really bored.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I was kind of let down by my contract rolls too (Sasquatch and Monte Proto), but earlier today I upgraded the 3* Mage and Priest I got off contracts into Archon and Mew.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Despite the roll chances being pretty lovely, the game floods you in currency at all points in the game. At the start you get the 1 gem per maxing units and once you get decently leveled you get the weekly arena rewards, and getting the 40-30 gem rewards isn't too hard. Just reaching Masters you can do with most ragtag 5*s or Christmas dudes and that's still 15 gems a week.

Been hoving around at 4%-5% edge line. I think I can maintain till the cutoff to get the 55 gem payout, but I don't think I'm gonna bother next week. I'll settle for the 40 gems and take it easy. To stay above 5% you have to buy Arena tickets whenever you can cause everyone at that point is doing the same thing. Which I guess isn't terrible since arena is pretty fun and the payout is great, but bit more work than I'd like :effort:

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 17, 2015

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Im still waiting to rank up a tanky unit not-named-Leon. All I'm asking for is Alex, Joan, or Susanoo, but the game has only given me every other paladin and 2 monte protos :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

tophet posted:

loving poo poo how does anyone get Alexander. I'm so bad at the story mode I just can't get to volcanic

This was me until I decided to promote a 3 star. Got it in one.

During the contrac6 promo I used up 70 gems, got all 3 stars save 1 No. 9.

My colo team I guess will be Lilith, No. 9, Alex, though I got No. 9 to 5 stars and I am not impressed by anything he does so far.

Solartide fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 18, 2015

• Locked thread