Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

anne frank fanfic posted:

baylor has the worst ft% in the conf after tcu

plus its no big deal to lose to the best team ever, you guys played well despite being such a small, poorly ranked, bad team with low expectations. beat kansas for us next week

Kansas will foul the poo poo out of Iowa State without a whistle getting blown, ISU will bitch and moan and forge an apology letter for the Big 12 to pin on their wall while KU laughs and laughs and fouls out four of their players in the national tournament first round and lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
The silver lining to losing to Kansas is you know eventually they will take a warm poo poo directly on the center of the floor by the end the first tourney weekend and you will have the last laugh.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This team is underwhelming enough to wait to take that poo poo until the final game against Kentucky.

Again.

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

gvibes posted:

Needed that one.

Also, these end of game situations are freaking ponderous with all the reviews.

We had zero actual turnovers (three offensive fouls), and still almost lost to Northwestern. Jesus.
On the flip side:

Road win! :woop:

Set course for 9-9!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Probably Magic posted:

Kansas will foul the poo poo out of Iowa State without a whistle getting blown, ISU will bitch and moan and forge an apology letter for the Big 12 to pin on their wall while KU laughs and laughs and fouls out four of their players in the national tournament first round and lose.

Sounds about right.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
drat i thought it was impossible to win at laramie :downs:

can only hope the game saturday is a single digit loss but who loving knows if wood decides he wants to play the full game or not

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

R.D. Mangles posted:

Northwestern is a tough out a Chicago's Big Ten Arena in front of Chicago's Big Ten Fans

I can't figure out why they wasted five seconds before fouling or why Demps didn't go for a patented Tre Demps Ill-Advised But Secretly Clutch Three at the end, but oh well

The other thing that is concerning is that Vic Law is the most hyped recruit they've had as far as I can remember and he doesn't seem to be very good.
I love our trolling of you folks on the "Chicagos big ten team" thing.

And yeah, Law struck me as overrated.

gvibes fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jan 15, 2015

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lessail posted:

drat i thought it was impossible to win at laramie :downs:

can only hope the game saturday is a single digit loss but who loving knows if wood decides he wants to play the full game or not

We can't score at all so it will be close no matter who wins

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Florida is up 42-21 on Auburn with 18:30 to go.

Seems like things are coming together better lately :ohdear:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ehud posted:

Florida is up 42-21 on Auburn with 18:30 to go.

Seems like things are coming together better lately :ohdear:
We are not particularly good at basketball. I was hoping for better since last year's awful team took you to the wire in Gainesville until that hilarious inbounds GIF happened.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

We are not particularly good at basketball.

Well yeah but we have struggled with not particularly good teams this year.

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart
When speaking about the Colorado player's shot being waved off to lose the game in Arizona a couple years back, Bill Walton just evoked MLK Jr in honor of MLK Day on Monday: "A threat to justice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Walton is talking about the game he's at about 10% of the time.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
just got back from the wazzu/oregon game. that loving ruled, coach kent rules, go cougs, gently caress

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Checking in bright and early to say gently caress a Jayhawk. God bless.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Horns Down, gently caress Texas.

That is all.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

That is all.

I think im gonna go to the texas game to watch west virginia lose to an overrated poo poo team

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

That is all.

QTIYD

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Thoguh posted:

Checking in bright and early to say gently caress a Jayhawk. God bless.

Hatred of good things will get you nowhere in life.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 17, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

anne frank fanfic posted:

I think im gonna go to the texas game to watch west virginia lose to an overrated poo poo team

Highly likely.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Probably Magic posted:

Hatred of good things will get you nowhere in life.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Duke/Louisville.... What do I do if there is no lesser of two evils. Go Louisville I guess *vomits*

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
lol

Vitale throwing shade at UL

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
bucks in an 0-9 hole and dakich is calling the game for like the 20th straight time.

kill me

e: make that 2-9

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Time for Amir Williams to pretend to be a basketball player for 40 minutes. Also Iowa seems to have doubled down on their terrible yellow jerseys by painting the floor the same color, yuck.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
I'm pretty sure that my lovely high school basketball team was better at scoring on fast breaks than Purdue is.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
How does Donovan not get a tech like 10 feet out on to the court during play

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Penn St is cursed at home. They were up 3 with 5 seconds to go, Purdue missed 2 free throws but got their 3rd or 4th rebound off a missed FT. Kendall Stephens 3 tied it then Purdue ran away with it in OT.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
lol that was clearly miami ball

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The Bramlage Coliseum crowd is surprisingly loud, even after Baylor's hot start, I'm impressed.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Would be nice if Della Valle hadn't gone pro to Europe, so OSU would have someone who could actually shoot the ball outside of Russell.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Terrible interior defense and big 10 road games are a horrible combination that results in the 2nd half of games being an hour of watching opposing big men shoot free throws. What a waste of what will probably be Russell's only season.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
baylor loves blowing huge leads

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Man 'bama looks terrible

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

uncurable mlady posted:

Man 'bama looks terrible

On the other side Kentucky looks Good.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

vikingstrike posted:

On the other side Kentucky looks Good.

Yeah, but I can't really tell if Kentucky is just playing that well or if 'bama is just collapsing entirely.

Could be both?

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
baylor can beat iowa state but cant beat poo poo kstate and barely beat tcu, slump time

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
baylors offense is still terrible but their rebounding makes it seem like they can score

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

someone chucked a bottle of coke on the court at 2.9s left in UK-bama, heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Here we go Aztecs here we go

Clap clap

• Locked thread