Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE

beep boop

Ralp posted:

If you take issue with your recent probation or ban, please don't post about it here, and please please don't post about it on behalf of someone else. Instead, you can PM or email the moderator who busted you or the admin who approved your ban. Mod contact information is generally found in sticky threads for forums or by clicking the profile of a moderator. Being civil is usually a good plan; you catch more flies with honey. Not all appeals will receive a response, so good luck goon!

I don't think I'll have much luck contacting Los Lobos, as he seems to give me probations randomly without explanation. I contacted another moderator instead, but I think others should be aware of this bullshit. Just look at this:

Two of the probations don't even link to a particular post, and one links to a post in BYOB that no one else in the thread seemed to have a problem with.

6 hour probations aren't really a big deal to me, but it's become kind of annoying now that it keeps happening for no reason. I don't know Los Lobos enough to have a fair opinion whether or not he's a good mod otherwise, because maybe he is, but I don't this sort of thing should be allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hustle Hound

all is known
there are no actual real rules for posting or moderating in byob, therefore los lobos is allowed to do whatever the HECK he wants. sorry for swearing but it's true.

Big Anime Fan Here

by XyloJW
Looks like you've been "owned" OP

LP0 ON FIRE

beep boop

Ootrek posted:

there are no actual real rules for posting or moderating in byob, therefore los lobos is allowed to do whatever the HECK he wants. sorry for swearing but it's true.

The ones that aren't linked I don't think are even related to BYOB posts, so they happened outside of BYOB. You can drop a probation bomb on anyone if you're a mod in BYOB? I don't think that's right.

LP0 ON FIRE

beep boop
I heard Los Lobos is an IK, so it's only temporary, but that means other IK's can do this sort of stuff.

Irish Joe

by Lowtax

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I heard Los Lobos is an IK, so it's only temporary, but that means other IK's can do this sort of stuff.

Yes. Random probations are the kind of comedy gold that makes BYOB the best subforum on SA.

yeah actually they will

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I don't think I'll have much luck contacting Los Lobos, as he seems to give me probations randomly without explanation. I contacted another moderator instead, but I think others should be aware of this bullshit. Just look at this:

Two of the probations don't even link to a particular post, and one links to a post in BYOB that no one else in the thread seemed to have a problem with.

6 hour probations aren't really a big deal to me, but it's become kind of annoying now that it keeps happening for no reason. I don't know Los Lobos enough to have a fair opinion whether or not he's a good mod otherwise, because maybe he is, but I don't this sort of thing should be allowed.

Haha you should've pmd an admin. Now everyone can see how much of a little bitch you are

El Spider

op you are a stupid fag in case you need an explicit reason why i probated you 3 times for 6 hours each within ~ 3 weeks

bog pixie

Los Lobos is just showing you what it would be like to have a forum that was BYOB, FYAD, and YOSPOS mixed together, as you requested.

pog boyfriend

in case any normal people are wondering why two of the probations dont link to a post, its because for awhile the byob stylesheet didnt have buttons so the iks had to do workarounds in order to make probations happen... it isnt power abuse.

Stay Safe

by FactsAreUseless

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

This is a concern, yes

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp
If the IK of a board hates you and probates you repeatedly for posting there, maybe you shouldn't post there? Seems pretty loving simple to me.

PleasingFungus
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

lol

Ralp

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my pog boyfriend posted:

in case any normal people are wondering why two of the probations dont link to a post, its because for awhile the byob stylesheet didnt have buttons so the iks had to do workarounds in order to make probations happen... it isnt power abuse.

FluffieDuckie

i for one will be relieved when this reign of terror is over

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Salmiakki

latino power biotch

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

when I am made mod this sort of thing will not happen. nothing will happen

Captain No-mates

i took my cat to him to have his fiv cured but he just punched me over and over instead pls impeach

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

Salmiakki posted:

latino power biotch

Hustle Hound

all is known
"yikes," i said in reaction to the op getting another 6 hour probie, "i am sure going to miss that guy over the next couple of hours."

GEExCEE

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Looks like you've been "owned" OP

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
tesla invented unchecked posting for everyone, but los lobos stole the secret and look what happened

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

funy computar

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

i know im not supposed to post if im a massively unfunny piece of crap but...

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
Baning my head to metallica

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
It's banging, idiot.

----------------

tao of lmao

rude maybe if you weren't so rude you wouldn't get probated ever think of that, r u d e b o i?

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i was going to offer a real answer to the op but you know what

El Spider

im an extremely controversial white noise ik

----------------

tao of lmao

controversy creates cash

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

Los Lobos posted:

we appreciate you

FluffieDuckie

Los Lobos posted:

i like to call you "arnie junior". but not to your face of course

Salmiakki

Awesome! posted:

we appreciate you

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

FluffieDuckie

oops

FuturePastNow

I'm sorry but it looks like the word The. is against BYOB rules

I.N.R.I

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

lmfao @ your expense

FluffieDuckie

I know we're not supposed to dispute probations here, but

look at this poo poo. dude is seriously out of control

google THIS

I know we're not supposed to dispute probations but my probations are special, way better than anyone else's, and thus should be an exception

FluffieDuckie

FluffieDuckie posted:

I know we're not supposed to dispute probations here, but

look at this poo poo. dude is seriously out of control

i mean he didn't even use a picture. what the hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther

my pog boyfriend posted:

Yeah this is what I started writing in a pm to the op but I had to run some errands so I figured I would send it when I got back. Guess the op couldn't wait :I

• Locked thread