Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Tupak

Looks like he can walk right out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Whoa whoa whoa.

I think this got missed in all the Latuff chat, but is Foden actually coming out against universal elementary education of all things?

I don't know how else to read it, it's almost AGC because there aren't jobs for graduates when they finish...but he has those :airquote:free:airquote: like he thinks no one else realizes that taxes pay for schools. Like, is that the solution? If we make kindergarteners sell handjobs to put themselves through class then jobs galore will o'erflow the land?

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 17, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is Lester saying torture doesn't work? :aaaaa:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Russian WWI cartoons.

Russia naturally stands for Truth, Justice, and the Orthodox way.

The allies turn to Mother Russia for guidance.

The Ottoman empire is a midget.

"A talk on the outskirts of Tzarigrad" which really lets you know where the Russian empire was coming from.

The peoples of the world bury the Turk. (I'm not sure how much of a tradition of Turks / Ottomans being the big bad enemies of every Christian is still in Western consciousness... maybe a bit, following Byron's death and the struggle for Greek independence? But it was very much a thing in Russia and the local areas. Having several inconclusive wars over the previous century probably did not help)

"Onto Russia!
Go on Abdul my-boy, that's what you're paid for."

Kaiser William is the cruel conqueror-wannabe that we'll trash soundly.

"Want to be Napoleon? We can do that"

"An enemy to all of Mankind"

The new Austrian recruits.

Franz Yosef cannot sleep, and dreams of extending Austria into the Balkans.

"The European thieves"

The fat lady of Germany.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

This cartoon unintentionally demonstrates that torture is an absolutely unreliable way of getting information.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Let's look at some classic Ramirez, eh?

BEHOLD THE PROTOWORM. It's so strange seeing Obama almost look vaguely human.

We can see the wormification in progress.

But I thought cutting entitlements was a good thing!?

Ramirez had to stop doing this after getting a cease and desist from Stantis.

:stonk:

Ahmadinejad gave a speech at a college once. You may remember it if only for the "We have no gay people in Iran." line. Which...resulted in Ahmadinejad being made a laughingstock by most of the world. So basically this cartoon is oppositeofreality.jpg

He's crying because he's in a Ramirez cartoon. :smith:

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Obama is a good rhetorician with strong domestic policies only offset by an unpleasant willingness to proliferate the useless foreign wars of his immediate predecessor, an Animal Nuz cartoon.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Broken Cog posted:

This cartoon unintentionally demonstrates that torture is an absolutely unreliable way of getting information.

That's how I read it at 2 am, thinking it was a Luckovich.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Yeah LBJ was such a bad president for supporting Civil Rights

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

I laughed at a Lester. Help me.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

So...Whats with the kirpan there? Is this lamenting Obama's chummy relationship with the Punjabi death metal community?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

Ahmadinejad gave a speech at a college once. You may remember it if only for the "We have no gay people in Iran." line. Which...resulted in Ahmadinejad being made a laughingstock by most of the world. So basically this cartoon is oppositeofreality.jpg

Is this pro Ahmadinejad?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Let's look at some classic Ramirez, eh?

BEHOLD THE PROTOWORM. It's so strange seeing Obama almost look vaguely human.

We can see the wormification in progress.

It's super weird to know that Rameriz's Obama used to have a lower jaw that wasn't just a line and snaggle teeth.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Canberra Times' David Pope:

The current government made plans to cut the rebate to doctors through Medicare (the card for which is shown as a boogie board) by twenty bucks. After both the medical and general community made it clear that this was hosed, the plan was abandoned, and Health Minister Sussan Ley's job is now falling on swords all over the media for the scheme.

Pope also seems to be going all Steve Bell and keeps depicting Abbot as a bluebottle.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah LBJ was such a bad president for supporting Civil Rights

Yeah it's pretty interesting how it's felt as okay these days to attack LBJ and Kennedy when for a long time they were regarded as good presidents. Republicans have always hated FDR though.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Satsuki Kiryuin posted:

Yeah it's pretty interesting how it's felt as okay these days to attack LBJ and Kennedy when for a long time they were regarded as good presidents. Republicans have always hated FDR though.

The movie Selma paints him in a bad light, being pretty grouchy and reluctant about civil rights (much to his historian's chagrin) so that's gonna blow him up as a bad President a li'l.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The Peccadillo posted:

The movie Selma paints him in a bad light, being pretty grouchy and reluctant about civil rights (much to his historian's chagrin) so that's gonna blow him up as a bad President a li'l.

People have hated LBJ for decades because of Vietnam, and a lot of those that didn't hated him for supporting blacks.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ill continue to applaud LBJ till the day I die regardless of Vietnam, the books on his Great Society are extremely cool.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
LBJ's only mistake was believing the Pentagon knew what it was doing in Vietnam.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Wait, conservative cartoonists like John "Junkie" F. Kennedy? :psyduck:

Edit: Oh right I forgot, neither consistency nor ability. My bad.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
JFK was rather milquetoast and got assassinated rather early so its easy to love him.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
He was popular, and conservatives want to claim everyone popular from the past as one of their own, right? MLK and so on.

MacGowans Teeth
Aug 13, 2003

Is this a new right-wing meme that I missed?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MacGowans Teeth posted:

Is this a new right-wing meme that I missed?

John Kerry apologized for not showing up to the Charlie Hebdo march by bringing James Taylor over to France to perform "You've Got a Friend in Me."

That is a thing that actually happened.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses

Luke 6:27
"But I say to you who hear , love your enemies, do good to those who hate you.

And thus Obama is shown to be a good follower of the biblical teachings. A sunday school cartoon

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
One of my favorite Proverbs of Solomon,

Proverbs 21:22 posted:

If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;

if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.

In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head,

and the Lord will reward you.

Or: How to get people to do the right thing the wrong way.

OR: Fill their asses with puree hummus and pasta.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Remember that this happened

The right-wing LOVES revisionist history, and they've been trying to claim MLK as one of their one for quite some time now.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

You gotta be kidding.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Nenonen posted:

You gotta be kidding.

Yeah, if it were correct, the Black water fountain wouldn't even exist at all. Should just be the White water fountain.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Schizotek posted:

So...Whats with the kirpan there? Is this lamenting Obama's chummy relationship with the Punjabi death metal community?
Remember that one of the people killed "in retaliation" after 9/11 was a Sikh man:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Balbir_Singh_Sodhi

Unfortunately, a lot of American conflate different religious and ethnic groups and kind of lump them all into the "terrorist" category.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Brainbread posted:

Yeah, if it were correct, the Black water fountain wouldn't even exist at all. Should just be the White water fountain.

Also, that needs to be labeled "White MALES" :colbert:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Remind me, are Golden Globes the ones decided by corruption and the Oscars decided by a boy's gentleman's club?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It really is true that any and all Democratic figures could do literally anything and this talking point would still get used. A Democrat could literally nuke Iran and this cartoon would get made because they didn't get Saudi Arabia too.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Rincewinds posted:

Remind me, are Golden Globes the ones decided by corruption and the Oscars decided by a boy's gentleman's club?

Well, the Oscars are also decided by corruption but yeah, basically :v:

MacGowans Teeth
Aug 13, 2003

Stultus Maximus posted:

John Kerry apologized for not showing up to the Charlie Hebdo march by bringing James Taylor over to France to perform "You've Got a Friend in Me."

That is a thing that actually happened.

That's just amazing. You'd think that somewhere in the decision making process, somebody would point out that it was a terrible loving idea.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MacGowans Teeth posted:

That's just amazing. You'd think that somewhere in the decision making process, somebody would point out that it was a terrible loving idea.

The Obama administration has solid foreign policy with a lot of good ideas and coalition building and so on but on a protocol basis it's like children run the place

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

i think its cooler to have someone come over and play music than get some bullshit photo-op next with the hyprocrite shitlords last week.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

loquacius posted:

It really is true that any and all Democratic figures could do literally anything and this talking point would still get used. A Democrat could literally nuke Iran and this cartoon would get made because they didn't get Saudi Arabia too.

Bush and Cheney actually nuked Iran, like they killed Osama Bin Laden and everything else I can say is good at this moment.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Stultus Maximus posted:

The Obama administration has solid foreign policy with a lot of good ideas and coalition building and so on but on a protocol basis it's like children run the place

I'd heard of the "reset button" rhetoric, but I had no idea they did that poo poo. That's literally It's Always Sunny levels of symbolism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Who's James Taylor? I'm French and I've never heard of him.

I thought You've got a friend in me was a Newman song.

• Locked thread