Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

commy gun posted:

"Do I unlock SitRep after basic?"
"......sure."

"Press X to pay respects."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Chilichimp posted:

Stripes is the platonic ideal of military life.

I'd consider joining up if I got free acid.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

stripes owned. if I could join up, gently caress with people and then have the credits roll before any actual consequences kicked in, I would join the military in a loving heartbeat

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I just found out that my parents own a condo in the same small complex as Jack Del Rio's parents. He apparently is an absent son that never visits.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Well, that's not a really a surprising take form a pair of shut-in parents whose son has coached in the NFL for almost 20 years.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

WHOOPS posted:

Well, that's not a really a surprising take form a pair of shut-in parents whose son has coached in the NFL for almost 20 years.

Good to know Jack Del Rio posts in our humble thread.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Silence Isn't Golden, By Golden Tate

quote:

You don’t know me.

Sure, by watching the NFL and playing fantasy football, you are aware of me as No. 15 on the Detroit Lions. You saw me win a Super Bowl last season with the Seattle Seahawks. You comment on my on-field celebrations and my perceived brashness. You frame what you think of me based on that, and how I perform, and what’s said and written about me by newspapers and magazines and blogs and talking heads.

But you don’t know me, Golden Tate, the person. What I’m all about. You don’t how much I care about my relationships with the fans and city in which I play.

Well said, Golden.

quote:

I did not have an affair with Russell Wilson’s wife, nor did I have anything to do with his divorce. That is laughable for anyone who knows us. His ex-wife, Ashton, is still best friends with my girlfriend. Russell and I were good friends when I was in Seattle, on and off the field — he knows the rumors about me were unfounded, damaging to my reputation, and an attack on my character. Anyone who circulated that rumor was just plain irresponsible.

There was also a social media frenzy concerning me and Percy Harvin. To set the record straight, I was not punched by Percy during Super Bowl week last year, nor did I have a black eye, as was speculated on by various Internet reports. I even saw a photo of my face that was photoshopped with a mark on it! Percy and I did have a confrontation, yes, but no punches were thrown, and it certainly never rose to the level that was erroneously reported by certain outlets. I highly respect his level of play. He’s one of the best in the game!

Oh.

EDIT: The NFL will burn in Hell for denying us Tate's return to Seattle.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
As a Jaguar fan... eh, I actually don't have anything against Jack Del Rio, he's ok. Not great. Raiders might be ok, especially if Mike Smith becomes his DC and he finds a good offensive coordinator. That last part is the most in question thing, he doesn't have a good track record there.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 16, 2015

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Cruel and Unusual posted:

EDIT: The NFL will burn in Hell for denying us Tate's return to Seattle.

Unfortunately he's years away from free agency so it'll be a while before that happens. :v:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Not surprised Jack del Rio is a bad son after his own kid fled Tuscaloosa like a coward because he didn't think he could compete with Jacob Coker of all people.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

"Also, to set the record straight, that was a TD catch against Green Bay and

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I thought the repairing of Del Rio and Fox would win a Bowl for Denver. The problem was Fox being so conservative that he held everyone down. As far as everything you would want in a coach.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It'll be really great to have Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert back healthy next season (hopefully). Too bad our qb will still stink (probably).

I know there were teams with more injury issues then the bengals this year but it was pretty rough. Burfict being gone suuuuuucked too. Pretty worried about Paul Guenther and the line. Hopefully we go for a pass rusher in the first or second round, and some more lb depth would be nice too.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Dalton will be OK as always. He'll be better with healthy receivers.

They'll probably get a pass rusher in the second/third rounds again, as usual. They'll likely get more production from Clarke but Hunt is an old turd.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

Dalton will be OK as always. He'll be better with healthy receivers.

They'll probably get a pass rusher in the second/third rounds again, as usual. They'll likely get more production from Clarke but Hunt is an old turd.

Also gonna need a TE because they probably won't resign Gresham. I wouldn't trust Eifert to last a full 16 game season, and the backup right now is Kevin Brock.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Mo sanus drop off after AJ came back was baffling to me. I know be was going to get less targets but he was dropping passes like crazy, didn't even look like the same guy. Combined with James Wright getting hurt and being down to nobodies like sanzenbacher, cobi hamilton, or Greg littles corpse...yeesh. get well soon Marvin "owns" Jones.

At least I hopefully will never have to watch jermaine gresham in stripes again

Agreed about margus hunt though, that guy makes me sad. Maybe we can get old man geathers outta here too. Hahaha

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

korrandark posted:

Also gonna need a TE because they probably won't resign Gresham. I wouldn't trust Eifert to last a full 16 game season, and the backup right now is Kevin Brock.
I know, the Bengals.com guy said it's mutual to split with Gresham. That sucks so hard. I wish Bengals fans weren't so stupid about the dude, he was great at what he did. They'll draft another TE but it'll probably be in the later rounds where blocking only TEs will still be available since Eifert will be the pass catcher.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
objectively speaking jermaine gresham isn't terrible. That being said dez bryant was still on the board and I'm still bitter.

Sidenote, my tablet autocorrected dez bryant to "sex bryant" which is exciting

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Atticus Finch posted:

I know, the Bengals.com guy said it's mutual to split with Gresham. That sucks so hard. I wish Bengals fans weren't so stupid about the dude, he was great at what he did. They'll draft another TE but it'll probably be in the later rounds where blocking only TEs will still be available since Eifert will be the pass catcher.

Maybe they figure John Elway is gonna keep loving up, and the Bengals will make a run at Julius Thomas

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

waah posted:

Maybe they figure John Elway is gonna keep loving up, and the Bengals will make a run at Julius Thomas
Fun fact for all: The Bengals will never add someone in the first month or so of free agency.

Crazed
Oct 2, 2005

The angriest of birds
I love Bruce Arians

quote:

SEPT. 10, on wide receivers wanting the ball more:
“There were times when certain guys want numbers. I think Larry (Fitzgerald) will be the first one to tell you the only number that matters is a ‘W.’ That’s a letter, though.”

quote:

NOV. 24, on a sub-.500 division winner hosting a playoff game:
“You still hang a banner. They put the year up there, ‘Division Champs.’ They don’t put the record usually. Nobody gives a s***. It’s all about hanging those banners. That’s pretty cool s***.”

quote:

DEC. 8, on how he handled young kicker Chandler Catanzaro after a couple of misses off the uprights:
“Pat him on the back, tell him the kick them between the poles and don’t hit the pole.”

and a bunch more:

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Bruce-Arians-At-The-Mic/01a9202a-2f54-41b4-922f-c658c7edf6cc

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
"The only number that matters is a 'W'" is positively Yogi Berra-esque.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress man

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
What's troubling ya Flat Daddy

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Those are some good fuckin quotes

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

30, on the subject of the NFL’s “Black Monday”:
“There’s only two kinds of coaches — those that are fired and those who are going to get fired.”

This owns.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

“You still hang a banner. They put the year up there, ‘Division Champs.’ They don’t put the record usually. Nobody gives a s***. It’s all about hanging those banners. That’s pretty cool s***.”

:ughh:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bruce Arians owns and I wish he wasn't in my team's division so I could like him more

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dude, that's a hell of an accomplishment, no matter how the season ended.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

That Works posted:

30, on the subject of the NFL’s “Black Monday”:
“There’s only two kinds of coaches — those that are fired and those who are going to get fired.”

This owns.

Bill Cowher never got fired :colbert:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

My team sucks a lot.

Go Bucs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I think the Chargers are in a pretty good spot right now and am looking forward to 2015

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Chichevache posted:

Dude, that's a hell of an accomplishment, no matter how the season ended.

I do like that it's essentially a subtle reminder of the ending just hanging there every game though

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

I do like that it's essentially a subtle reminder of the ending just hanging there every game though

Well yeah, that stings. :shrug:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Greg Jones, most recently on the field with the Texans, retired as a full member of the Jaguars on January 15th. He said that his kids were always Jaguars fans, even showing up to a Texans/Jaguars home game he played in 2013 in full Jags gear.

I am assuming it's something in the air. Anyone ever investigate as to why the Maxwell House factory down the block does their roasts on every game day?

Also, my mom is determined to be an Armada fan. JT, did you get one of those bitchin scarves? Where do I buy one.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

NOV. 24, on hugging Jaron Brown after Brown dropped a touchdown pass:
“S***, he didn’t drop it on purpose.”

Great quote.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Suspect Bucket posted:

Greg Jones, most recently on the field with the Texans, retired as a full member of the Jaguars on January 15th. He said that his kids were always Jaguars fans, even showing up to a Texans/Jaguars home game he played in 2013 in full Jags gear.

I am assuming it's something in the air. Anyone ever investigate as to why the Maxwell House factory down the block does their roasts on every game day?

Also, my mom is determined to be an Armada fan. JT, did you get one of those bitchin scarves? Where do I buy one.
gently caress yeah I have one of those scarves. Got it at an event, that'd be your best bet, not sure if they're sold online

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Man, I was pissed when Arians was hired. I'm glad I was very wrong.

Arians owns.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Febreeze posted:

It's not subtle. It might as well say 18-1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sup thread

:sigh:

• Locked thread