Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There's a Kohlton auditioning on American Idol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
I talked to a man named Beer Warts the other day on the phone. His username in my company's records was abeerwar, which is pretty cool.

QuietLion has a new favorite as of 16:43 on Jan 17, 2015

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I work with a man named Iyenkius Dinkins, how unfortunate for him.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009

Charles Bronson posted:

Looking at some school rosters for work and I came across a Korea, a LaQueen, several Mavericks, a Christ, and one Claudnardson.

In sixth grade I was friends with a Maverick. That was his middle name. His first name was Joffrey.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Istari posted:

Just met a Zaylor.

Was his last name Moon?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Jerry Cotton posted:

Was his last name Moon?

It is now.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Got a cousin whose name is Harley Davidson. Harley's actually his middle name, as his mom flatly vetoed it being his first name, but he's gone by it since he was a kid and I doubt half the family actually remembers his first name. I sure don't.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Baby-Found-on-Fire-on-New-Jersey-Road-Dies-288926841.html

Hyphernkemberly Dorvilier set her baby on fire in the street.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Where do people find these names?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quote:

EDITOR'S NOTE: The details of this story are graphic and may be upsetting for some

This warning comes a little late when the title of the article is "Mom Accused of Setting Baby Girl on Fire, Killing Her", NBC. :smith:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
There was an episode of Law and Order about this. 10 years ago.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Kurtofan posted:

I'm sure more than one lunatic has set a baby aflame in ten years.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Kurtofan posted:

Put a bunch of words into a random crime generator/mad libs and I'm sure at some point Law and Order has done it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

American Idol also had a guy named Rontarius (aka Big Ron aka Big Sexy). Still not as good as Barkevious Mingo and his brother Hughtavious. Those guys sound like Mad Max characters.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
Is Canaan Banana a terrible name or a fantastic one?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Tracula posted:

Put a bunch of words into a random crime generator/mad libs and I'm sure at some point Law and Order has done it.

Put a bunch of words into a random crime generator and you get this thread.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

When I worked in grad school admissions I came across an applicant named Bazar Koc. Wonder if he was an Al Jourgensen fan.

The Duck of Death has a new favorite as of 20:36 on Jan 21, 2015

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan

The MSJ posted:

American Idol also had a guy named Rontarius (aka Big Ron aka Big Sexy). Still not as good as Barkevious Mingo and his brother Hughtavious. Those guys sound like Mad Max characters.

Huh, pretty sure those guys are players in this year's East/West Bowl.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

flavor effigy posted:

Huh, pretty sure those guys are players in this year's East/West Bowl.

I love that sketch, but they don't really have to reach that far with guys in pro sports actually named D'Brickashaw, Barkevious and Nerlins. :v: Poe's Law, etc

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

TheKennedys posted:

I love that sketch, but they don't really have to reach that far with guys in pro sports actually named D'Brickashaw, Barkevious and Nerlins. :v: Poe's Law, etc

That was the joke behind the joke. In the full Key and Peele they talk to the audience about the sketches before they show them and they talked about that.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Grade 2 student: Flutershy Chan

That's not a typo.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Pingiivi posted:

That was the joke behind the joke. In the full Key and Peele they talk to the audience about the sketches before they show them and they talked about that.

Huh, wasn't aware of that. I've never seen the full episode, just the sketch itself.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Imperialist Dog posted:

Grade 2 student: Flutershy Chan

That's not a typo.

Worst name in the thread so far.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Not as bad as some others in this thread, but a friend-of-a-friend whose last name is Walker named their kid Bear.

Not sure if "Bear Walker" is either terrible or awesome.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
For me, the Holy Grail of this thread is someone named Cthulhu.

It nearly happened when a couple let the internet pick out a name for their daughter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/22/name-my-daughter_n_5190770.html

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Say Nothing posted:

For me, the Holy Grail of this thread is someone named Cthulhu.

It nearly happened when a couple let the internet pick out a name for their daughter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/22/name-my-daughter_n_5190770.html

quote:

The family had retained the right to overrule public opinion.

"Unfortunately internet I know better than to trust you," Stephen wrote on the website when he launched it. "We will ultimately be making the final decision."

You can't do something like this and then not stick with it. This is almost as bad as that Mountain Dew contest that had the winners be Hitler Was Right and Gushin' Granny which they just skipped over to pick whatever name they wanted. The winner is the winner, chumps, enjoy your kid named Cthulu. :colbert:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I wonder where Turok is now.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Tonight at work I found out that my coworker Gabe's last name is Atman. He's Gay Batman.

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.
My aunt and uncle babysat a boy named Blayden last night.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There is a man in my digital media course named Adonis. I seriously cannot believe he actually exists. He's not even that good looking.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

MisterBibs posted:

Not as bad as some others in this thread, but a friend-of-a-friend whose last name is Walker named their kid Bear.

Not sure if "Bear Walker" is either terrible or awesome.

It depends on whether or not he lives up to the potential of the name.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

CJacobs posted:

There is a man in my digital media course named Adonis. I seriously cannot believe he actually exists. He's not even that good looking.

That's just sad.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Sorry, I tried going back a few pages to find who originally posted it to give credit and didn't have any luck, but the 2014 Name of the Year thing has had me giggling for like the last week. It's not even really fair to post in this already pretty awesome thread, it's like a cheesecake that's just too rich.

Basically they pair up names that they have been submitted and can verify are real, and have people vote on the winner, who goes up against winners from other brackets, etc. Winner this year was one Shamus Beaglehole, the write-up is also pretty fantastic:

quote:

Let's recap the Chesterfield footballer's meteoric rise through the Sithole regional and beyond. He breezed past Wubbo Ockels in the first round of the tourney. He stomped Jazzmar Clax in the second. Sweet Sixteen: Diesel Daigle went down hard. All fine and good -- seeded at #3, all these wins were to be expected.

But the next two matches put Mr. Beaglehole on the map as a kingslayer. The Sithole final pitted him against top-seeded Dr. Loki Skylizard, whom he dispatched by a margin of 300 votes. Next came another one seed, Bulltron champ Curvaceous Bass, who also fell to Shamus. After running this gauntlet, the final round against Chrotchtangle upstart Chillie Poon was child's play. If David took out two Goliaths, he might be this impressive.

They go back for years, for example, from this 2009 lineup I particularly liked:
Taco Vandervelde
Iona Knipl
Muffin Lord
Jazzario Barrios
Infinite McCloud
DeMarvelous Carter
Nutritious Love
Willie Wham
Barge Upender
Kermit E. Trout Jr.
Cherish Frankenstein
Hung The Dang
Chuck Fugger
Virginia Woo-Raspberry
Brooklyn Pope

If you've got some time to kill, head over there and post up some of your favorites in this thread.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Sorry, I tried going back a few pages to find who originally posted it to give credit and didn't have any luck, but the 2014 Name of the Year thing has had me giggling for like the last week. It's not even really fair to post in this already pretty awesome thread, it's like a cheesecake that's just too rich.

Basically they pair up names that they have been submitted and can verify are real, and have people vote on the winner, who goes up against winners from other brackets, etc. Winner this year was one Shamus Beaglehole, the write-up is also pretty fantastic:

They go back for years, for example, from this 2009 lineup I particularly liked:
Taco Vandervelde
Iona Knipl
Muffin Lord
Jazzario Barrios
Infinite McCloud
DeMarvelous Carter
Nutritious Love
Willie Wham
Barge Upender
Kermit E. Trout Jr.
Cherish Frankenstein
Hung The Dang
Chuck Fugger
Virginia Woo-Raspberry
Brooklyn Pope

If you've got some time to kill, head over there and post up some of your favorites in this thread.

That site came up a few pages back and one year featured the beautifully simple Bob Cum.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Bunkless Bovian and Muffin Lord sound more like screen names than real names. In fact most of those do.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Bunkless Bovian and Muffin Lord sound more like screen names than real names. In fact most of those do.
I'm building a false memory that I really did have InfiniteMcCloud, DeMarvelousCarter, WillieWham, and HungTheDang on my AOL buddy list. Though with worse spelling and some birthday numbers at the end.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

CJacobs posted:

There was a government minister in the UK who was born plain old Andrew Adonis, but was created a peer and became Lord Adonis.

He was Secretary of State for Transport, which is possibly the least sexy of all the Ministries.

Actual content: a classmate of mine had the name Charisma. It was not a case of nominative determinism.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

One French child, saved by the law.

http://time.com/3681714/nutellla-child/

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Taco Time Drorden buh what?