Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i watch game grumps and i laugh sometimes i also watch zero punctuation and the other one with the fat british guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Kewpuh posted:

i watch game grumps and i laugh sometimes i also watch zero punctuation and the other one with the fat british guy

Ugh, sick! How are you a mod?! Just kidding, those guys are funny and humor is subjective and all opinions are differing levels of poo poo anyway

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
If you watch video game personalities on the internet you should make like Aerith and get stabbed to death

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Adam Bowen posted:

If you watch video game personalities on the internet you should make like Aerith and get stabbed to death

are you telling me the women's lungs arent in her breasts?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Adam Bowen posted:

I'm sensing a lot of hostility here. Did a video game personality have their way with your dog? I'm sorry for your strife :(

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I get most of my gaming chuckles from Giant Bomb. I'm concerned that with way less Vinny, Jeff working from home, and no Patrick, it won't be as good in the future.

Yahtzee is great, and when Zero Punctuation first started I checked it regularly for a long time. However, the "cynical brit hates everything even most parts of good games" shtick starts being a little one-note. Especially when you start to see things and it's like "that's not even really a reason to rant, it's just a silly pet peeve".

The British guy says a lot of good poo poo but takes forever to make a point, and I already have to live with that in myself.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i like the british guy a lot

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

British guy - TB?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

yea, i believe so. he's rather large and tends to make intelligent points. that should rule out most people.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Counting down the seconds to someone reposting TB's intro post from GBS

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Coolguye posted:

Counting down the seconds to someone reposting TB's intro post from GBS

Among the greatest posts of all time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I give him a pass on that post because it's been a long time and everyone posts some incredibly stupid poo poo on the internet at times.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

But, you see, if I hit your post history I can drag everything up out of context and explain to you in-depth how you do not Belong Here At Something Awful.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Now I have to read this.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Jon Do posted:

But, you see, if I hit your post history I can drag everything up out of context and explain to you in-depth how you do not Belong Here At Something Awful.

There is nothing out of context about how legendarily insufferable that post is

E: Id post it myself but im on mobile and digging it up is a pain in the rear end

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 17, 2015

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Haha, yeah, I've never seen it -- was speaking more broadly. Now I'm kind of anticipating; you guys better not have blown it out of proportion!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think I remember the one you guys mean, I didn't read it but... god drat that was a post.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Now I have to read this.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2634792

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush
I am a recently thawed caveman who got a ps3 as a divorce present(username fail) should I play borderlands, oblivion, or diablo 3? All are gory/ultimate edition. I have no internets on my ps3.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

I am a recently thawed caveman who got a ps3 as a divorce present(username fail) should I play borderlands, oblivion, or diablo 3? All are gory/ultimate edition. I have no internets on my ps3.
If you have expansion, play Diablo, otherwise whatever.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

Borderlands, then maybe the Dr Ned & General Noxx DLC if you aren't sick of it yet. Then D3 over and over again.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Oh, that guy, jesus.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

he got and then beat cancer.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

get a buddy and play some diablo 3. local coop diablo 3 is the poo poo.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Excels posted:

of the butt

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
As long as it's not extra credit who cares

Excels posted:

How rude, what did cancer ever do to him

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
no not TB british guy, when i say i like british guy a lot i mean the fat Jim guy.

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

get a buddy and play some diablo 3. local coop diablo 3 is the poo poo.

I am a goon therefore have no friends. I do have 2 controls so will ask my mom when she comes downstairs to the basement to do laundry.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Colonel posted:

I give him a pass on that post because it's been a long time and everyone posts some incredibly stupid poo poo on the internet at times.

If "at times" you mean all the time, then I agree.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

VideoGames posted:

no not TB british guy, when i say i like british guy a lot i mean the fat Jim guy.
You couldn't just say Jim "Quisition"?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I like Ashens, he does game stuff sometimes.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the guy I'm talking about too -- I mainly saw his video on misrepresentation of pre-release media, regarding Watch Dogs in particular. I'm sure I've seen some more of his stuff. I saw him on Giant Bomb talking about how he left The Escapist, I believe.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
video game dunkey

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I like Ashens, he does game stuff sometimes.
Has he started reining in the package talk? His early vids were great because he didn't spend 40 minutes talking about packaging.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Great Joe posted:

Has he started reining in the package talk? His early vids were great because he didn't spend 40 minutes talking about packaging.
I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Jon Do posted:

I get most of my gaming chuckles from Giant Bomb

I'm still lost on how a 90 minute video constitutes a "quick look" to be quite honest.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm not sure what you're talking about.
I'm exaggerating but there was a time when he'd make like 15-minute long videos where 2/3rds of it was just looking at the packaging of something and not being funny.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Great Joe posted:

You couldn't just say Jim "Quisition"?

jim quiwhat?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Great Joe posted:

I'm exaggerating but there was a time when he'd make like 15-minute long videos where 2/3rds of it was just looking at the packaging of something and not being funny.
I guess I just never noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

THE PENETRATOR posted:

video game dunkey

I love dunker bideos

• Locked thread