Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Cyclomatic posted:

Can I level a character to max just doing the the class quest line and basically skipping the majority of the stuff that isn't the class quest line?

On launch I liked my Agent but quit after I simply couldn't get farther in the class story without grinding out a bunch of boring standard MMO side quests, so I quit.

Would like to finish the story line and do some of the other classes if I don't have to do the side quests now.

If you have credits, you can dump them on the Character Legacy XP bonus. If you max out the various subgroups and run with a general xp boost at all times, you can level pretty quickly - and can avoid the majority of side quests. It costs about a million credits, or lord knows how many CC - but it really smooths the whole experience out, if that's a major issue for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Siegkrow posted:

the notebook is new, less than 2 months old, yeah, it doesn't disconnect at all, WoW has no issues.

Sounds like an issue with your laptop then.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=402827

Try the troubleshooting in that thread, might be relevant. Also double check firewall and stuff. Both windows firewall, whatever third party and maybe in the router? Make sure the game is run as administrator, it should ask for it anyway. Try repair, even if you reinstalled.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
The Mandalorian Killer is hilariously broken

i have encountered 13 bugs so far and one of them is actually breaking the game

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh and also why can't elusif invite people anymore, he's online 24/7 so it worked out before

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Thumbtacks posted:

oh and also why can't elusif invite people anymore, he's online 24/7 so it worked out before

It's a sith powerplay?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Dunno-Lars posted:

Sounds like an issue with your laptop then.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=402827

Try the troubleshooting in that thread, might be relevant. Also double check firewall and stuff. Both windows firewall, whatever third party and maybe in the router? Make sure the game is run as administrator, it should ask for it anyway. Try repair, even if you reinstalled.

Tried everything there. Repair is greyed out.

I even tried a different account, see if it was that, btu no cigar.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Siegkrow posted:

Tried everything there. Repair is greyed out.

I even tried a different account, see if it was that, btu no cigar.

MadJackMcJack posted:

Found an article that told me to delete the BitRaider folder in the Old Republic folder and then the DiskCacheArena file in the Old Republic/swtor folder. That forced the launcher to do a repair and the game worked perfectly after only 20 minutes of downloading, rather then several hours.

Try that

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.

Moreau posted:

If you have credits, you can dump them on the Character Legacy XP bonus. If you max out the various subgroups and run with a general xp boost at all times, you can level pretty quickly - and can avoid the majority of side quests. It costs about a million credits, or lord knows how many CC - but it really smooths the whole experience out, if that's a major issue for you.

It looks like the Cartel Coins for the xp boosts seem pretty cheap. Was only 125 coins per level of the class mission boosts. So buy the first few levels with credits, then dump coins into the remaining levels.

Edit: This game is fun. It is too bad it didn't do as well at launch as it could have. Although honestly, they did pretty much get exactly what they deserved when they launched without an LFG tool. At least they have one now, and hopefully when the next starwars movie comes out it does good things for the game now that it appears to have its act together.

Edit edit: Also, mother loving lightsabers. Zrooom!

Cyclomatic fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 17, 2015

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

What are the odds of a new SW mmo coming out with the new movies and how could Bioware cash in on the movies if their isn't?

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I'd guess the odds are zero of a new MMO.

I'd also guess that all Bioware needs to do to cash in on the new movie is just have a basically fun game where you have mother loving lightsabers and force powers.

If the movie does creative things with the designs for the IP, like cool new lightsaber blade looks and configurations, and costumes, they can sell stuff that looks like that in the store.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cyclomatic posted:

If the movie does creative things with the designs for the IP, like cool new lightsaber blade looks and configurations, and costumes, they can sell stuff that looks like that in the store.

At the extreme end, if there ends up being a really popular character from the movie who doesn't fit well into any of the existing classes, I wouldn't put it past Bioware to make a new class to cash in.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cythereal posted:

At the extreme end, if there ends up being a really popular character from the movie who doesn't fit well into any of the existing classes, I wouldn't put it past Bioware to make a new class to cash in.

Or just make an outfit and sell it on the cartel market. I can't think of a major character from the movies that isn't covered by some kind of adaptive armor.

WoW is still kicking after 10 years or whatever, I imagine SWTOR's got some life left in it still.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Or just make an outfit and sell it on the cartel market. I can't think of a major character from the movies that isn't covered by some kind of adaptive armor.

WoW is still kicking after 10 years or whatever, I imagine SWTOR's got some life left in it still.

I'm thinking more in terms of abilities/general story presence. The eight classes cover things pretty well, but I still kinda hope for new classes, maybe just an Imperial mirror to the Trooper and a Republic version of the Agent (yes, I know they already have mirrors, but I'm thinking in terms of story and bringing the assault cannons and sniper rifles cross faction).

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I don't think new classes are entirely off the table, honestly. The only issue would be some of the lines NPCs have that address you. Agent, Hunter, etc. They'd have to call those VAs back to record an extra line or something, I assume. Other than that I don't think any classes interact with other class specific NPCs so you wouldn't need to call people back to record a lot, just new people with new dialogue.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Thumbtacks posted:

I don't think new classes are entirely off the table, honestly. The only issue would be some of the lines NPCs have that address you. Agent, Hunter, etc. They'd have to call those VAs back to record an extra line or something, I assume. Other than that I don't think any classes interact with other class specific NPCs so you wouldn't need to call people back to record a lot, just new people with new dialogue.

I see it more like adding a new advanced class, or a new spec (sniper tank, marauder healer)

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

I see it more like adding a new advanced class, or a new spec (sniper tank, marauder healer)

I was specifically hoping for something along the lines of no new mechanics necessarily, just add an Imperial Legionnaire class and an SIS Infiltrator or the like.

Though I suppose first on my wish list would be more content and stuff to do with existing companions, like killing Skadge and bringing back the thing in beta where you could flip any companion to any of the five companion roles as you prefer.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I kind of want to see a hunter class. Or maybe Tusken Raiders.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

New Imperial class: Imperial Soldier with Imperial Guardsman AC (melee DPS/heals) using an electrostaff. Or Imperial Gunner. (Range DPS/Tank) using assault cannon. Endgame is you becoming head of the royal guard.

New republic class: Who cares.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

New Imperial class: Imperial Soldier with Imperial Guardsman AC (melee DPS/heals) using an electrostaff. Or Imperial Gunner. (Range DPS/Tank) using assault cannon. Endgame is you becoming head of the royal guard.

New republic class: Who cares.

New republic class should be alderaan noble, so you can literally play pretty princess.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ainsley McTree posted:

New republic class should be alderaan noble, so you can literally play pretty princess.

You can already do it as a lady bounty hunter. :v: Well, pretty baroness.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm starting to like healing more than dps

help before it's too late

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I tried asking this in the IRC but there was no answer - is the OP still correct that the goon guild is on Jedi Covenant, and how lively is it? I have a level 10 on the USEast PVP server, would I have a better experience sticking there or changing servers?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

MrBims posted:

I tried asking this in the IRC but there was no answer - is the OP still correct that the goon guild is on Jedi Covenant, and how lively is it? I have a level 10 on the USEast PVP server, would I have a better experience sticking there or changing servers?

Imp side there's an active guild.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

MrBims posted:

Yes, imp side of JC. I mean there are normally 5-10 people on, more during prime time. So it's certainly not a megaguild, but if you want to play with goons it's your only option.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

When I picked Sorcerer because I wanted the healing spec over the tanking spec option I was a bit worried that dps being sitting there and shooting a bunch of lighting might be a little boring compared to melee... I was a fool to doubt the power of the darkside.

Also, seriously Blizzard, why can't you make Shaman lighting spells look like this!

Cyclomatic fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 18, 2015

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

There's an IRC?

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Ainsley McTree posted:

There's an IRC?

yeah, it's on synirc, #torgoons

Some of us are there all day long during work hours, just for no reason even.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Stan S. Stanman posted:

I was real excited to see they lowered the jawa scrap cost of the blue and purple materials needed for dark projects to a 1:1 ratio instead of the steep cost they had before. Then I realized they bugged the recipe again and instead of needing self perpetuating power cells it's asking for synthetic energy matrix. For those of you following along at home, this is what it had originally before they changed it to the power cells. Apparently it somehow reverted back after 3.0. The kicker? The matrix isn't available on the jawa scrap vendor like every other part.

Yep, 3.0 reverted to the original, mistaken recipe. No acknowledgement of it on the forums as a known issue yet.

Just Another Lurker posted:

What are the odds of a new SW mmo coming out with the new movies and how could Bioware cash in on the movies if their isn't?

The rumour is that material (planets and lore) from the new movies will start showing up in this game at some point after the movie comes out.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey guys - I think tomorrow night is gonna be my last night playing for a while (at least a few months), so if anyone wants to try and organize a raid of some sort I'll try and be around.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

This is what happens when you don't test things and release them to the rapacious SWTOR playerbase.

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
I'd be happy if they just let you switch from marauder to Juggernaut or whatever.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

Hey guys - I think tomorrow night is gonna be my last night playing for a while (at least a few months), so if anyone wants to try and organize a raid of some sort I'll try and be around.

Well if that's not an excuse to have a Sunday Funday I don't know what is!

Let's get some butts together and run some things to see this dork off in style! I'll be on and gathering interested folks around 7:00 Central time, so show up, get in Teamspeak, and be drunk as hell.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Well if that's not an excuse to have a Sunday Funday I don't know what is!

Let's get some butts together and run some things to see this dork off in style! I'll be on and gathering interested folks around 7:00 Central time, so show up, get in Teamspeak, and be drunk as hell.

If we could get 16+ people we do have 11 dreadful essences in the vault. :)

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm back after a few years. Very overwhelmed with all the new stuff. I've already subscribed for a month but I guess I can still get a referral for free stuff?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It'll be down to the wire for me but I should be able to make 8 EST. Wouldn't want to miss medullah's going away party!

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Moreau posted:

This is what happens when you don't test things and release them to the rapacious SWTOR playerbase.

Didn't they release a statement that basically said, we're aware, working as intended.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Medullah posted:

If we could get 16+ people we do have 11 dreadful essences in the vault. :)

Down with this.

I'll be on.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
will also be on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Iron Tusk posted:

Didn't they release a statement that basically said, we're aware, working as intended.

it's stickied on the general discussion forum, but yes.

They will probably release further iterations for other legacy cartel rep.

• Locked thread