Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

iwentdoodie posted:

You're also a big guy. I'd probably take the DRZ also, but if I was buying either one for just city riding and the occasional trail and never the highway, it'd be the 250.

:doh: Didn't even factor that in! I'd pound the city with a 250.

I rode quasimoto to pasadena last night. I'm a sore sonofabitch this morning. goddamn.

E: VVVV: In my garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Its 2015, where's Mr Fusion? :colbert:

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

T1g4h posted:

I really need to play it again, but reading the changelong makes it sound like they've added a bunch of obnoxious, annoying features that nobody really asked for. Difflock damage that stalls your truck? Errrgh.

I'm still hoping at some point they'll reinstitute mod support. Driving a Mitsubishi Evo around spin tires maps was hilarious and awesome.

http://youtu.be/5wlIKpZtM_I

Sandbagger SA fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 17, 2015

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

cursedshitbox posted:

:doh: Didn't even factor that in! I'd pound the city with a 250.

I rode quasimoto to pasadena last night. I'm a sore sonofabitch this morning. goddamn.

E: VVVV: In my garage.

If you ever go out Palm Springs way, or wanna do a ride around LA/SD hit me up. I'm in the rear end hole of nowhere, but always up for a good canyon bomb.

Bet you were freezing your balls off too.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

iwentdoodie posted:

If you ever go out Palm Springs way, or wanna do a ride around LA/SD hit me up. I'm in the rear end hole of nowhere, but always up for a good canyon bomb.

Bet you were freezing your balls off too.

Hell yeah! I'm due to visit PS this spring to throw a 5 speed in cageapalooza.

Still can't find em. was in the 30s-40s over some of the passes and windy as all hell.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

No, no, nonono. We're having a GOOD year.

ExplodingSims posted:

:2015isawesome.gif

Yes, this.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
It's so cold but not as bad as I thought it would be. Nobody murdered anyone so my not getting kill by Internet strangers streak is still going.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
the trip or goatse? :v:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Sandbagger SA posted:

I spun some tires last night

Be careful if you're going to drive on the beach. Holy crap it was hard to get out of there.

Just threw another 3 hours into it. Playing leap-frog-truck repair hauling broken poo poo through rivers to get them to gas tanks to fill them up to haul a gas trailer up a hill to fill up a larger truck and and and...

I can't believe I'm at like 45 hours into this game. Its so zen for me.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

cursedshitbox posted:

the trip or goatse? :v:

She did make me watch mean girls after being in the car for 30 hours...

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Holdbrooks posted:

I owe her beers for this. :3:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Got a bonus yesterday from 2014 being an excellent year at work. Celebrated by eating a whole rack of ribs, going to buy some new jeans today, and will be funding/starting my Roth IRA :iia:

Congrats! I've been looking into starting a Roth IRA for a few weeks now. If I can get a halfway decent paying job in my new trade that's the first thing I've doing, is opening up a retirement account.
Second Item, a new car. :v:

Also, I forgot how much fun job searching is. Especially when you have no real history with working with HVAC or Refrigeration stuff. My instructor's been a little less helpful than I assumed he would be in finding job placement. Oh well, something''s gotta come up eventually. Anything better than what I have, 12 hours a week in foodservice. Although, if nothing comes up it means more time to focus on college, so I guess it all works out.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
God, that was bad, even for me. Disregard.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Holdbrooks posted:

What did you think of it?

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

mariooncrack posted:

What did you think of it?

It wasn't terrible I guess but I couldn't really relate since I went to a HS with a graduating class of like 35 people. And in looking forward to my 10 year in August.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

AI has some pro Snapchaters. Just sayin'.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Goober Peas posted:

AI has some pro Snapchaters. Just sayin'.

To not empty quote, adiabatic's snap when the forums went down a while back had me in stitches, could not find it not funny no matter how many times I played it.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I leave the house for an hour and I get a snapchat of my lovely little dog cuddling with Holdbrooks. I thought what we had was special, Harry.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
For years, I clearly misunderstood what people meant about Jack Russells being surprisingly fast movers.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
welp I wrecked the E30, got tboned in the driver door by a focus going ~40

totally my fault, somehow i escaped with just a cut to my right hand but i pretty much want to kill myself right now

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

rscott posted:

totally my fault, somehow i escaped with just a cut to my right hand but i pretty much want to kill myself right now

gently caress dude, glad you're ok.

RIP E30

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

rscott posted:

Goddamn. RIP E30. Glad you're aight.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Sorry rscott that sucks man :ohdear:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
No, not an E30! At least you should be able to part it out if it's terminal.

What's the insurance situation?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I had liability only, I paid a thousand bucks for it and the condition was fair at best so it wasn't worth putting full coverage on it.

I really feel like loving crying, I loved that car and my stupid rear end mistake loving killed it

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

rscott posted:

So much for future E30's. :( just after you sorted out the GDCS too.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
yep, i was gonna install basically a whole new ignition system on it tomorrow and i stopped at the grocery store to buy poo poo to wash it with and it gave its life leaving me more or less unscathed

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Junkyard junkies, if you spot a 1970-1974 MG Midget with an intact grille or a decent center console, please snag that for me...

rscott posted:

yep, i was gonna install basically a whole new ignition system on it tomorrow and i stopped at the grocery store to buy poo poo to wash it with and it gave its life leaving me more or less unscathed

Glad you came out of it ok, drat shame about the car though.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

rscott posted:

Looking at the thread title, I'm calling it -- IOC is a witch.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

rscott posted:

:( Noooooooooo....

Glad you are okay though. This is my biggest fear of driving my Audi...

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Jesus rscott. Glad you're alright, RIP to your poor E30 :(

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
it was pretty much the only inanimate object that i had an attachment to and the only thing that i could feel reasonably proud about but just like everything else in my life i hosed it up

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Then rebuild it. If it needs a shell, there's got to be a mechanically shot one around somewhere.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
If you want an automatic convertible with a shot interior I conveniently have one I want out of my loving life now now now now now

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Well, that was easy.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Well, I didn't know there was two January chat threads, and necromanced the other one..... so here's a cross post

VikingSkull posted:

Holy poo poo, someone just got a screaming deal at Barrett-Jackson on the '55 Chevy gasser from Two-Lane Blacktop/American Graffiti (restored to the Two-Lane Blacktop car). $145,000 seems about $100,000 too low, to me. That's one of the most recognizable hot rods or movie cars in the world, right up there with the Dukes Charger or BAN-ONE

VikingSkull posted:

Now Richard Rawlings from Gas Monkey sold his black F40 for $585,000 and turned around and spent $300,000 on the Ring Bros. Pantera

Craziest Barrett-Jackson I've watched in awhile. I think the economy is finally back, haha

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I ate too much today. Alla-Seltzer to the rescue.

(boy it was good though - Steak, skewered veggies, baked potato, Oreo Pie)

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

So my glacially-paced car shopping adventure took me to a Ford dealer today. I lucked out again and got a salesman who actually knows some poo poo mechanically, which is always nice. Focus and Fiesta gave me a crowded feeling that I didn't even get in my Festiva, it just feels like the cabin is full of junk. And I don't think I could live with a Mustang, I don't do trunks (plus they are a little outside my budget).
But after reading some of Powershift's posts and poking around of Ford's B&P I found it was possible to do a build sheet for a 2.7EB, big sway bars and 3.73/elocker in a poverty-spec SWB 2WD F150 to make a ludicrously cheap neo-Lightning/Tremor-lite within my budget, and I drove a '15. Unfortunately the 2.7s still haven't shipped yet but a v8 in a crew cab with 4x4 gives it roughly the same power to weight ratio and is thus close enough to get the idea.
The idea holds water. After the drive I'm convinced you could make one of these trucks actually handle without much money, but the locker would have to go- it needs an LSD badly, and it could use a little more sway bar out back. But the cornering it can pull off as-is with me not wanting to push an unfamiliar vehicle too hard is loving bonkers for a truck. I shall not piss on the car-ification of pickup trucks any longer, that poo poo blew my mind.
I don't mind the slushbox-only factor on this thing as much as I thought I would, it shifts uncannily well and exactly when I'd want it to. Sport mode is a bit weird but apparently not available on a 2.7 truck anyway so :v:.
But one caveat that the salesman pointed out would be that all the options that would make this a speedy truck also factor in heavily to the spring rate table since they're technically towing options and not Ricky Bobby stuff, and you can't cherry-pick a spring rate (or even see the exact correlation between options loadout and spring rate beyond what they've posted as a GVW table). So it might result in a truck with way too much spring out back and thus a pretty unstable tail. I've got some more research to do there.
Now excuse me while I contemplate how ridiculous it is that I cross-shopped a new pickup truck with an automatic while looking at used Subarus and the pickup truck may actually win me over.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
drat, replacing the battery in the Z06 took forever. It sits in a well with about 2cm clearance on each side, and the factory AC Delco battery doesn't have a handle on top. After several attempts at trying to haul it up with outstretched fingers (skinning a few knuckles), I gave up and did like someone else presented on the Corvette forums -- work a strap under the battery and then pull it up that way. Even that took a few tries as the thick battery cables kept getting in the way. And of course I snapped the vent L fitting on the way out. At least the replacement battery has a handle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

rscott posted:

E30's crash pretty good, glad to hear you made it out unharmed. Sorry about the poor E30. If you go with another let me know if you need parts, we have several parts cars to yank stuff from.

Master cylinder in the 928 isn't happening with the tools I have, just not enough space. So deal with the leak for now unless I feel like taking it to a shop. Started working on the E21 then got called in. Spent 5 hours mostly waiting on work orders and people to say "ok you can do xxx"...frustrating. What should have taken less than an hour ate up that much time. Tomorrow I'll try to get the 5-speed mounted and maybe get the rest of the drive line in. Need to figure out how to elongate the holes on the new brake calipers, broke the nice router bit I bought to do it.

• Locked thread