Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Don't forgot the tip named after John Cleese because he rightly called it a shot hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
The Stars continue their late season form.

I hope they don't have KP on the mic. This game don't need 20 minute mid-wicket conferences. ;)

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Graic Gabtar posted:

The Stars continue their late season form.

I hope they don't have KP on the mic. This game don't need 20 minute mid-wicket conferences. ;)

Don't post here.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

The Deadly Hume posted:

Making sure the other team doesn't get above 80% of your score.

Thanks, I somehow didn't know this. Makes perfect sense since batting second you have to get their score in 80% of the overs

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

RideTheSpiral posted:

My current hot tip for the World Cup is West Indies for victory with Marlon Samuels as top scorer.

That's info I can definitely lay a bet on.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Have they actually sent Flintoff into the England camp to stir up some anti-KP sentiment? Because that's loving hilarious.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I don't think so. Despite what he may lead you to believe, the world doesn't revolve around Kevin Pietersen.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Anyone going to the ODI in Melbourne today?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Are there any English supporters who don't think KP should be in the squad?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I'm not bothered either way. If he was still there then fair enough, but clearly there are enough reasons that he shouldn't be, not least that he was going steadily downhill (being the turd on top of the pile in that Ashes series means gently caress all). A few scores in the Big Twat League or whatever doesn't change anything.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What about the #banter he brings to the team? #lad

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's clearly disruptive as gently caress, and seemed to have serious issues reining himself in if the situation required it. I'd probably have kept him in the short form sides (especially with how poo poo Cook obviously was. gently caress knows what they were thinking there), but I'd have had to think pretty drat hard about if I'd put him in the test team any more.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Sandhu is an odd selection. He has some talent but he's very young and raw. He's not even in the world cup squad. Quite odd. I can only assume Haze has a slight injury or something.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
After reading his book I came to the conclusion that Kevin Pieterson is a loving idiot.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
He hasn't been that spectacular in the T20s that he's played since the last Ashes anyway...

He seems the sort of guy that should either be the captain or not in the team - although that's just based on temperament and not on how good he would be as a captain. You need to put the effort in with a player like him to make sure that he doesn't turn into a total wanker and that didn't seem to happen much after he got dropped as captain bar a bit after the texting stuff with the South Africans. A guy like KP is probably good to be around if you're winning regularly as England were before summer 2013; but after the 5-0 he seems to have done something to make the England leadership to "gently caress this, its not worth the effort" - which may be true for test matches but it seems a little dumb to have kicked him from the T20 team two months before the World T20 and a year before the World Cup. I'm sure Eoin Morgan suggested a better way they could have done it - said "you all have to back to your counties and we'll pick based on county runs" which apparently was the rule for everyone else and would have excluded KP anyway if he had gone to play in the IPL. If they had handled the guy better from the beginning perhaps he'd still be around... The time to bring the guy back is past now imo - they can't bring him back this close to the World Cup and after that you'd want to focus on 2019 and KP would probably have been franchise cricket only by that point anyway, and only picking him for T20s might be counterproductive.

In other news, Afghanistan beat Ireland which is a bit surprising: although Ireland haven't been particularly in form recently. Seems to be a mostly full-strength Irish team as well!

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Goddamn the weather today in Auckland is about 30 degrees with blue skies and no wind. There is a god, and he thinks very little of cricket.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Nice work, new guy!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
good indian fast bowler spotted

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I like Sandhu because he seems like a mature cricketer. He seems calm and sticks to his technique which seems solid. Doesn't seem like a oval office but give him time.

Could end up being the next Bracken which is kinda lovely I spose but yeah.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Was that a group of people in blackface?

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Blackface spotted. Great work Melbourne.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Aussies love a bit of blackface. Can't do without it.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Australians.mov

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Mister Chief posted:

They're freedom of speech campaigners.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
That was such a soft dismissal for someone like Kohli.

-Spiffy- posted:

Blackface spotted. Great work Melbourne.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Warner you little oval office.

"Speak English" he screams at a visiting Indian player.

gently caress you, go India.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

Mister Chief posted:

Yeah, can someone please explain the blackface and the people who think they are dressed like Mexicans? That's just.. wow.

Just in case you were curious, no one in Mexico looks like that.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Ah, David Warner being the tool he is. Warner thought Sharma took a run of a deflection caused overthrow, which clearly didn't hit him, just a crap throw and Haddin being lazy, and Warner goes up to him and starts aggressively saying "speak English" at the Indian pair when he had a crack about the run. What a dick.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

MaoistBanker posted:

Yeah, can someone please explain the blackface and the people who think they are dressed like Mexicans? That's just.. wow.

I remember going to a dress up party only a few years ago when a woman rocked up as Tina Turner in full blackface, absolutely baffling.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

Spedman posted:

I remember going to a dress up party only a few years ago when a woman rocked up as Tina Turner in full blackface, absolutely baffling.

But Americans are the most racist folks, I hear. I'm trying to imagine how quickly someone would get the poo poo kicked out of them (here, by other white people) for dressing like that at a sporting event.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

MaoistBanker posted:

Well, Melbourne is known as Australia's Mexico due to it being the most southern major city (no one cares about Tasmania), so it may have been out-of-towners dressing up as Mexicans for the occasion. As for the blackface - well, they were Australians.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

MaoistBanker posted:

But Americans are the most racist folks, I hear. I'm trying to imagine how quickly someone would get the poo poo kicked out of them (here, by other white people) for dressing like that at a sporting event.

I think Australians are more overt as there really isn't any recourse for white people being terrible, other than other white people calling them out on it. If you do, the response is always "lighten up mate, just having some fun!"

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Does anyone know around what over the Warner thing happened?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Mister Chief posted:

At the end of the 23rd

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Spedman posted:

I think Australians are more overt as there really isn't any recourse for white people being terrible, other than other white people calling them out on it. If you do, the response is always "lighten up mate, just having some fun!"

Australians generally are more casually racist than overtly racist.

Also we really don't like it when called on our racism. For Example: Watch Warner and the Australian team try to weasel words away that yelling "speak English!" at a touring batsman is not racist at all, and just banter/good fun.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Mister Chief posted:

22-24ish.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

Australians generally are more casually racist than overtly racist.

Also we really don't like it when called on our racism. For Example: Watch Warner and the Australian team try to weasel words away that yelling "speak English!" at a touring batsman is not racist at all, and just banter/good fun.

Thats kind of what I was getting at, causal/overt, either way people are pretty open about it. I played senior club cricket in WA for 10 years and I think I heard nearly every aboriginal joke you could think of while having beers after the game.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What a drop kick.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0XhvpE8CCw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Telling someone to speak English is a little rich coming from an Australian.

• Locked thread