Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

there is so much about this i dont understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

guidoanselmi posted:

there is so much about this i dont understand

You need to fire more gold I guess.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
God the loving JT is such a gigantic piece of poo poo. I mean, you really know you've achieved something incredible when even the British, builders of the TOG II and Valiant, are impressed by just what a massive steaming hunk of garbage you've built.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

MariusLecter posted:

Have you done the SPG "Damage an enemy that remains unspotted by your team" mission?

So far counter battery on enemy SPGs doesn't seem to work, and the few unlucky sods I was able to blind fire in camping areas didn't count either. Maybe cause they were tier 3's.

Google-fu is the answer! Found this on wot forums:

Kassimila posted:

Just completed this mission. What it should actually say is "Do 1000 damage to enemy heavy tanks". Do that and it will complete.

So this is one of those that is flat out wrong. He followed up with this:

'Kassimila posted:

Perhaps I wasn't quite clear. Ignore the fact that it says 'hidden'. Literally just do 1000 damage to any heavy tank. My friend has a different quest for spg-8, it's a bug in the client.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

rossmum posted:

God the loving JT is such a gigantic piece of poo poo. I mean, you really know you've achieved something incredible when even the British, builders of the TOG II and Valiant, are impressed by just what a massive steaming hunk of garbage you've built.

In game or in reality?
Cause Carius description of his sejour in the Jagdtiger was all but praising.

Also, I am happy Christmas break is over and my win rate has recovered. Looking at how my win rate as a function of time I can easily identify summer and Christmas break, cause gently caress those players.

Noosphere
Aug 31, 2008

[[[error]]] Damn not found.
So I haven't played much recently, and ended up dueling an M41 for the first time in my 13-75. I did not expect him to reload so fast, and he kicked my rear end. So I checked the tech tree...
:staredog:

How is this even remotely fair ?

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cardiac posted:

In game or in reality?
Cause Carius description of his sejour in the Jagdtiger was all but praising.

Also, I am happy Christmas break is over and my win rate has recovered. Looking at how my win rate as a function of time I can easily identify summer and Christmas break, cause gently caress those players.

Both. Like most things the Germans built, the JT could do one thing really well (explode tanks from miles away), but could've done that and everything else even better if anyone else at all had designed it.

To be fair to the British they were impressed by it for pretty sensible reasons. The fact a 70-ton behemoth could move at all back then, let alone so well over rough terrain with half its suspension missing, was certainly nothing to be scoffed at. It just would've helped if it wasn't otherwise a maintenance nightmare, if it wasn't a flagrant waste of strategic materials in every way possible, and if its role was something that was actually really needed at all.

Germany could've used like half the materials and a howitzer to build an ISU-alike, and it would've been far more versatile and far less stupid.

rossmum fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 17, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

In game terms it got punished pretty hard when they introduced tier 10 TDs and mediums, same as the T95 and Foch, because their gimmicks were all built around some variation of superior frontal armour, which are now pretty much invalidated by guns with 370mm pen

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Valle posted:

Google-fu is the answer! Found this on wot forums:

So this is one of those that is flat out wrong. He followed up with this:

Well that was almost a whole day wasted yesterday.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Noosphere posted:

So I haven't played much recently, and ended up dueling an M41 for the first time in my 13-75. I did not expect him to reload so fast, and he kicked my rear end. So I checked the tech tree...
:staredog:

How is this even remotely fair ?

I'm not sure what you're complaining about? You get 60% of the shells he does in less than half the time spend reloading, with much better accuracy and a comparable aiming time. His has more damage and pen, but his is also a tier higher gun than yours. That seems... about right?

To be honest I think the 10 shot on the walker bulldog is a specialized anti-autoloader weapon; it's specifically designed to fight autoloader lights (and non-autoloader bulldogs), but that full reload is huge in comparison to most of the others. You should be able to take one if you can catch it reloading, easily.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Being new and sucky at tanks, a game like this is nice:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's why I personally believe that WG should split the "first" german tank destroyer line in two : one "big tough TDs that don't need no man" and one "fast, low/mid alpha TDs that support medium pushes"

Big tough TDs that don't need no man : move the Ferdinand to tier 7, while removing it's 12,8 gun and taking away some of it's mobility. It gets to keep a 8,8 L71 with good rate of fire, and it's armor is now worth something at tier. Tier 8 is a now nerfed JTiger that "only" gets the shorter 12,8 and, once again, nerfed mobility; however it's now actually decent at keeping a lane closed down thanks to it's armor, gun and good DPM and it can still snipe with some degree of efficiency when it lands in a tier 10 game, but it will get mercilessly wrecked by mediums engaging it at close range because it's traverse will be garbage. Tier 9 is now a JPE75 (such originality), and I don't think there's a need to exactly explain how this would work, gets the long 12,8, good armor, gets recked at close range yadda yadda. Tier 10 is still our good buddy the JPE100.

"Mobile" TD,
Begins at tier 4 with a turreted rear end in a top hat : the Pz.Sfl.Ic, basically a PzII ausf.G with an open turret mounting the PaK 50L60, so an extremely mobile, high camo, low alpha, good RoF light TD that kinda mimics the M8A1, and apparently 2 prototypes were built, so it's relatively historically accurate. Tier 5 is mostly a matter of convenience and getting something cool : E10, that one german TD that WG already has a model for that had hydraulic supsension or some poo poo, looks rad, moves fast, no armor, 7,5 PaK L48 (maybe also a 10.5?) with good soft stats. About as historical as the rest of the Entwicklung family. Tier 6 would be the Stug. Auf Leopard, which as the name implies would be an assault gun/TD based on the VK1602 Leopard Chassis, armed with a 7.5 L70 and is kinda historical, as in "plans were drawn, wooden mockups were made, Hitler cancelled the project to give the Maus more fundings or some poo poo". Tier 7 is a basically unchanged JPanther that we all know and love, kinda historical except for the 105mm gun, but who cares. Same for tier 8, except I'd be tempted to have it get a TD version of the E50's top 105. Tier 9 is a JPE50, so basically an E50 mounting the 12,8 that we all know and love, historicity is uh... "yeah this was planned, kinda, sure". Tier 10 would be a JPE50-M and I don't think I have to explain what it would exactly entails, aside from the fact it would basically get an improved 12,8 main gun firing all APCR or some poo poo, or maybe a 15cm shooting low velocity HEAT. Anyway, something entirely unhistorical, but it's not like the WTE100 doesn't exist anyway.

At least that's what I would do if I was WG, but I admit I haven't done enough research on the topic yet (and that I'd rather see another medium or heavy line for the americans first).

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Someone teach me to 110. I am loving terrible in it. Far more terrible than I am normally, even. Half my shots seem to bounce, while I bounce almost nothing shot at me. What am I doing wrong?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So evidently you can cheat on the 'do 500 damage and remain unspotted' SPG mission if you do the damage and then immediately drown yourself - assuming the map you're on has water you can dive into without being seen.

Also, none of the individual mission reward tanks have the increased profitability perk that 'bought' premium tanks do.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/man-dies-after-threeday-internet-gaming-binge-20150117-12sg0a.html
'combat computer game'.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, none of the individual mission reward tanks have the increased profitability perk that 'bought' premium tanks do.

A separate category for standard-earning premiums would be nice.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

WayAbvPar posted:

Someone teach me to 110. I am loving terrible in it. Far more terrible than I am normally, even. Half my shots seem to bounce, while I bounce almost nothing shot at me. What am I doing wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wogN7iZuEfI
wot's favourite hermaphrodite streamer who lives with a bony chested tranny hooker seems to have it figured out. Note quality opposition.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Fat Jesus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wogN7iZuEfI
wot's favourite hermaphrodite streamer who lives with a bony chested tranny hooker seems to have it figured out. Note quality opposition.

My first thought was you're being unusually harsh on Hardest and his wife. My second thought was, "poor Hardest is back to playing this poo poo game."

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Been playing WOTB not quite a month now; never played WOT but played other iPhone tank games like Battle Supremacy.

I'm almost up to VII on US TDs, but so far my absolute favorite is the T82 with the Derp. It's like a little dune-buggy with a howitzer strapped on it. The only two times so far I've killed 5 out of 7 enemy was using the T82, and both times all/most-all of the kills were OSOK, just lobbing that 105mm shell halfway across the map and slamming someone.

I used to be an artillery officer in the Marines, so was at first disappointed that there are no SPGs in the iPhone version, but the T82 with Derp is the closest thing I've found yet to being artillery. I've heard from some forums that you can actually slightly defilade fire the 105mm, hit targets just below your line of sight behind an obstacle, and I'm pretty sure that once or twice I've made kills on guys that were just behind the crest of a hill.

Lovely little critter, fun even just driving it around. Not so thrilled with the Wolverine and Jackson (despite the turrets), hoping the 25 is more entertaining.

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.

WitchFetish posted:

That's why I personally believe that WG should split the "first" german tank destroyer line in two : one "big tough TDs that don't need no man" and one "fast, low/mid alpha TDs that support medium pushes"

Big tough TDs that don't need no man : move the Ferdinand to tier 7, while removing it's 12,8 gun and taking away some of it's mobility. It gets to keep a 8,8 L71 with good rate of fire, and it's armor is now worth something at tier. Tier 8 is a now nerfed JTiger that "only" gets the shorter 12,8 and, once again, nerfed mobility; however it's now actually decent at keeping a lane closed down thanks to it's armor, gun and good DPM and it can still snipe with some degree of efficiency when it lands in a tier 10 game, but it will get mercilessly wrecked by mediums engaging it at close range because it's traverse will be garbage. Tier 9 is now a JPE75 (such originality), and I don't think there's a need to exactly explain how this would work, gets the long 12,8, good armor, gets recked at close range yadda yadda. Tier 10 is still our good buddy the JPE100.

"Mobile" TD,
Begins at tier 4 with a turreted rear end in a top hat : the Pz.Sfl.Ic, basically a PzII ausf.G with an open turret mounting the PaK 50L60, so an extremely mobile, high camo, low alpha, good RoF light TD that kinda mimics the M8A1, and apparently 2 prototypes were built, so it's relatively historically accurate. Tier 5 is mostly a matter of convenience and getting something cool : E10, that one german TD that WG already has a model for that had hydraulic supsension or some poo poo, looks rad, moves fast, no armor, 7,5 PaK L48 (maybe also a 10.5?) with good soft stats. About as historical as the rest of the Entwicklung family. Tier 6 would be the Stug. Auf Leopard, which as the name implies would be an assault gun/TD based on the VK1602 Leopard Chassis, armed with a 7.5 L70 and is kinda historical, as in "plans were drawn, wooden mockups were made, Hitler cancelled the project to give the Maus more fundings or some poo poo". Tier 7 is a basically unchanged JPanther that we all know and love, kinda historical except for the 105mm gun, but who cares. Same for tier 8, except I'd be tempted to have it get a TD version of the E50's top 105. Tier 9 is a JPE50, so basically an E50 mounting the 12,8 that we all know and love, historicity is uh... "yeah this was planned, kinda, sure". Tier 10 would be a JPE50-M and I don't think I have to explain what it would exactly entails, aside from the fact it would basically get an improved 12,8 main gun firing all APCR or some poo poo, or maybe a 15cm shooting low velocity HEAT. Anyway, something entirely unhistorical, but it's not like the WTE100 doesn't exist anyway.

At least that's what I would do if I was WG, but I admit I haven't done enough research on the topic yet (and that I'd rather see another medium or heavy line for the americans first).
I know you don't like the Waffentrager line, but limiting a non-turreted line to 490 alpha at tier X, with a medium chassis, is poo poo. If you do something like a Conway, perhaps - but casemates need the fuckoff gun to work. Besides, I'm not giving up my BorsigWaffentrager.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Hellsau posted:

Yeah gently caress pubbies I'll do it all myself. Though the E-25 did thank me for the win so at least somebody is thankful for me forcing them to win.

you got told

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Rossum I tried to charge into you last night in my bote but you died before I made it to you. I wanted to ram you full speed but failed. Don't die so soon man.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Just did HT-15 in the E-75. Seriously didn't expect that 30sec into the match!
http://wotreplays.com/site/1537968#karelia-alleviatedrisk-e_75

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
MT-25 Vs WZ 131

Up!
Up!
Up!
Up!
Up!
Up!
Up!
Up!
Up!
Up!

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 18, 2015

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Hellsau posted:

My first thought was you're being unusually harsh on Hardest and his wife. My second thought was, "poor Hardest is back to playing this poo poo game."

That reminds me, I was watching Hardest stream with 2 other goons, I forget who, and his minimap was tiny with the webcam right next to it so i typed into chat "make minimap bigger to hide the ugly' and he chatbanned me before I could tell them to stop camping, faggots. This was months ago not long after I started playing. Sensitive boy, would watch again.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Did 0 damage, but single-handedly spotted literally their entire team.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Subyng posted:

That's called "suiscouting!" :eng101: It means you are literally a pubbie. :shrug:

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

demonR6 posted:

Rossum I tried to charge into you last night in my bote but you died before I made it to you. I wanted to ram you full speed but failed. Don't die so soon man.

I've been so loving dead to the world for the last few weeks that I can scarcely remember which game I'm playing, let alone how to play it.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Atomizer posted:

That's called "suiscouting!" :eng101: It means you are literally a pubbie. :shrug:

Hey, it's a step above spotting one guy, taking a pot shot, and drowning himself... :suicide:

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Subyng posted:

Did you confirm that they spawned at their spawn? Not really useful information to your team, and there's a very limited set of maps where you can spot that early and have anyone on your team ready to shoot.

Protip, if you die during your initial scouting run it means you messed up and got too close or were too exposed. Maybe a slight exception if an enemy scout suicides into you to get his one kill and you can't break contact.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I doubt he died in his first trip if he got that much XP.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

i want to move to NA :smithicide: sea is giving me a combination of ebola and cancer.

Its surprising WG have not implemented the option to move servers for :10bux:. but then again WG...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

rossmum posted:

I've been so loving dead to the world for the last few weeks that I can scarcely remember which game I'm playing, let alone how to play it.

Tanks is the one where you point your front at the enemy, Botes is the one where you point your side at the enemy :mil101:

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Wouldn't think doing 1000 damage in a FV304 or leFH would be difficult, but goddamn I can't manage it.

Well that was some of the most frustrating games I've ever played. Every game a flank fell way too fast to provide any real support, both the 304 and leFH just don't hit hard enough on anything with armor to rack up damage in a reasonable time.

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jan 18, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I tried driving artillery 5 times yesterday for the 500 and unspotted mission, and every single time almost my entire team went down one side of the map and an enemy light tank had a free and easy run down the other.

My favourite was El Haluf south spawn, where our T-43 parked in that protected road down to the river mouth lost a sit still and shoot at each other battle with an ELC AMX, before it and 6 other lights and mediums simply drove up the hill and into our base, unimpeded by the JT88 who chose to hide around a corner rather than pin them down.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

I tried driving artillery 5 times yesterday for the 500 and unspotted mission, and every single time almost my entire team went down one side of the map and an enemy light tank had a free and easy run down the other.

My favourite was El Haluf south spawn, where our T-43 parked in that protected road down to the river mouth lost a sit still and shoot at each other battle with an ELC AMX, before it and 6 other lights and mediums simply drove up the hill and into our base, unimpeded by the JT88 who chose to hide around a corner rather than pin them down.
Just suicide after you do 500 damage! :smithicide: I was trying for this mission on the first day before I realised how many new and exciting ways to be dumb pubbies have found. So I got frustrated after a while and decided to test the mission text, drowned and lo - the mission was a success :downs:
Of course now this info is on For The Record, so expect a lot of spgs doing that!

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

Tanks is the one where you point your front at the enemy, Botes is the one where you point your side at the enemy :mil101:

No word of a lie, pubbies have this backwards. It's loving incredible.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I just want one light tank.

Is that really too much to ask? I just derped one in my Pz IV H (only low tier med with a decent alpha gun). It had 1 HP left. Some shitler took it.

:sigh:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Snakes in a can posted:

i want to move to NA :smithicide: sea is giving me a combination of ebola and cancer.

Its surprising WG have not implemented the option to move servers for :10bux:. but then again WG...

If you ever want to borrow an account to try out a bunch of tanks let me know in the password thread and I can connect you to someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Presented without comment, a photographic series;

entitled "Tank Destroyers? Missions? Maps? West."