Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
ehhhhh I guess? I dunno I like deadman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There is one part of the ending that actually works for me, and it's coincidentally the part that's actually relevant to the themes of the arc.

A lot of the second half seems to be trying to incite reactions in the viewer and it works, but not to any real end, so it all ends up feeling really pointless and overlong.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Beef Waifu posted:

This is not to bring up the myriad of prisoners in that prison who were all probably locked up like Viral was for what were basically petty reasons.

While I agree with you for the most part, Viral was kind of one of the top soldiers in the Spiral King's army and probably killed a poo poo ton of humans back in the day. It's not hard to justify wanting to lock him up.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Viral sure is causing a lot of trouble protecting those underground settlers that Rossiu is trying to force out of their homes so he can count their heads and begin his gulag.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rossiu did nothing wrong.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Rossiu did nothing wrong.

Rossiu did a lot wrong, he just thought he was doing it for the right reasons.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Like I've heard the argument that it's supposed to be deflating the conventions of the genre but considering how bananas the last few episodes are I feel that's the show having its cake and eating it too. It's not consistent in that message.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MrAristocrates posted:

Like I've heard the argument that it's supposed to be deflating the conventions of the genre but considering how bananas the last few episodes are I feel that's the show having its cake and eating it too. It's not consistent in that message.

A lot of Imaishi's stuff is trying to have his cake and eat it, yeah.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah, Viral sure is causing a lot of trouble protecting those underground settlers that Rossiu is trying to force out of their homes so he can count their heads and begin his gulag.

Look.

Chickenman is a monster and absolutely deserves to be there, okay?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have wonder what atrocities Chickenman committed, because he is an amazing creature.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It always weirds me out when I remember that Yo was voiced by the same kid to voiced Alphonse in the original FMA anime.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
who the gently caress is yo

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Shiro :kimchi:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

who the gently caress is yo

The guy in the sling on Deadman Wonderland.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
oh

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i uh don't watch dadman wonderland, but i have heard him as lucifer in devil is a part timer

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
This guy is ok

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MrAristocrates posted:

Well good thing that Imashi learned his lesson this time when made Kill lahhahahaha sorry I couldn't finish that.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

The more I think about everything about the second arc of GL the less I like it. I'm realizing now how little from this part actually worked for me.

GL was basically my gateway to super robot shows and with every year that passes by I think less of it. At this point I basically think of the last bits as hollow attempt to out-do the various forebearers that it cribs from throughout.

Basically every time I think about it, I just think about how much Getter Robo loving owns.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MrAristocrates posted:

The more I think about everything about the second arc of GL the less I like it. I'm realizing now how little from this part actually worked for me.

I like the latter half of GL but I definitely feel that the first half is the far superior part.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:black101: Meet Crow!! :black101:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Oh my loving god, I thought Bleach died

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Hace posted:

Oh my loving god, I thought Bleach died

Much like its villains, Bleach itself refuses to die when it makes sense for it to.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bleach will outlive us all

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Oh Snapple! posted:

Much like its villains, Bleach itself refuses to die when it makes sense for it to.

It just wanted you to think it was dead! :smugaizen:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Has Gurren Lagann run the full length on Adult Swim or is it still in the process of going through its first showing of each episode?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Captain Invictus posted:

Has Gurren Lagann run the full length on Adult Swim or is it still in the process of going through its first showing of each episode?
First showing.

This is probably the weakest Dandy episode.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

JT Jag posted:

First showing.
Oh drat. You're gonna see some serious poo poo once the Rossiu Puppy-Kicking Parade finishes.

Also, Kill La Kill is not a very good show as a whole, but in bits and pieces it's got tons of good parts and great humor that often gets drowned out by the pretty awful parts alluded to a few pages ago, and the soundtrack is loving amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_oyxqId7ps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w355NPnCMSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOt0tW26hRY

Easily the best theme is Blumenkranz, it's pretty powerful when it shows up so if you'd rather not hear it before hearing it in the show, don't click that link I guess

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jan 18, 2015

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh drat. You're gonna see some serious poo poo once the Rossiu Puppy-Kicking Parade finishes.

Also, Kill La Kill is not a very good show as a whole, but in bits and pieces it's got tons of good parts and great humor that often gets drowned out by the pretty awful parts alluded to a few pages ago, and the soundtrack is loving amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_oyxqId7ps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w355NPnCMSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOt0tW26hRY

Easily the best theme is Blumenkranz, it's pretty powerful when it shows up so if you'd rather not hear it before hearing it in the show, don't click that link I guess
My personal favorite is the elite four theme @7:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywV1NZ-ZXUs
What's great is that basically every main character in this show gets a Leitmotif

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

well, this thread is all over the place I think, so, Mike Tyson's Mysteries is cool, the earth's penis just hitting the moon and stopping was really funny. I've been there.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
In vaguely Toonami related news the lady who sang 2nd Gig's theme apparently died from cancer last night. Bummer.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
THis week's Eric Andre was vintage. The on the street sketches were some of my favorites from the series.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mike_V posted:

THis week's Eric Andre was vintage. The on the street sketches were some of my favorites from the series.

My favorite part was the duplicate Eric refusing to pull his pants and underwear down.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
That was Andy Samberg.

And it looks like duplicate Hannibal was Lupe Fiasco, holy poo poo.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dangerous Person posted:

In vaguely Toonami related news the lady who sang 2nd Gig's theme apparently died from cancer last night. Bummer.

Awwww. :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Origa(Olga Yakovleva) was an incredible singer and often worked alongside Yoko Kanno on things including the various Ghost in the Shell songs. It's a god drat shame she's gone, taken at only 44 by lung cancer. She sang one of my favorite songs ever, also paired up with Yoko Kanno, called Moon. It was one of the main songs of Turn A Gundam, which is one of the best anime ever made, in no small part because of the incredible soundtrack highlighted by stuff like Moon. Give it a listen, it's an extremely emotional track, I always thought it could both be played at a wedding or a funeral(and I did so on one occasion).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU35fJNtxp8

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Time for the best new show on TV!

"OHIO?"

E- Why is the [as] bug replaced by an H&R Block bug? Second week in a row.

E2- I'm here to talk to you...about hats!

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 19, 2015

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
That speech was incredible.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Oh my god that ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

CBJSprague24 posted:

E- Why is the [as] bug replaced by an H&R Block bug? Second week in a row.

H & R Block wants a cut of your tax return, and they're willing to spend for it.

• Locked thread