Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol, go to 7:58 to hear Brady's reaction to his pick

http://prod.video.ravens.clubs.nfl.com//BAL/videos/dct/video_audio/2015/01-January/New-England-Wired_APPROVED-5000k.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

It sounds so embittered

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

That was cool, is there one of the Pats?

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?
But just think, if someone had killed the baby Ray Lewis by bashing his head against a rock, we would never have known him either!

Oh, and the world would be a better place and that dude he and his posse murdered would prob. still be alive.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The_Raven posted:

But just think, if someone had killed the baby Ray Lewis by bashing his head against a rock, we would never have known him either!

Oh, and the world would be a better place and that dude he and his posse murdered would prob. still be alive.

but that would cause the even worse crime of preventing The Best Defense of All Time

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Sour Diesel posted:

but that would cause the even worse crime of preventing The Best Defense of All Time

I don't understand, what would that have to do with the '85 Bears? Or the '13 Seahawks

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Sour Diesel posted:

but it would also prevent a tremendous evil from the world, Trent Dilfer's Superbowl ring and consequential sense of superiority

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

but it would also prevent a tremendous evil from the world, Trent Dilfer's Superbowl ring and consequential sense of superiority

Getting Dilfer a ring is Rex Ryan's greatest accomplishment.

The lore says that they managed to freak Kerry Collins out so badly that he could barely function before the game. All down hill from there.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

TyroneGoldstein posted:

The lore says that they managed to freak Kerry Collins out so badly that he could barely function before the game. All down hill from there.
Rex was only the DL coach on the Super Bowl team. Marvin Lewis was the DC.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

best part is harbaugh telling his players to watch for ineligible players and not to cover them. putting that in your video kinda nullifies the whole "we were caught offguard" thing your coach was trying to do

i wish they would do these more often though, i love the sideline camera and the mic'd up players

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
The pats should start pointing out linemen as 'ineligible' and receivers as 'eligible' when they play the colts so they freak out and call a timeout over nothing :getin:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Mister Fister posted:

The pats should start pointing out linemen as 'ineligible' and receivers as 'eligible' when they play the colts so they freak out and call a timeout over nothing :getin:

I believe if you review the film you have of our practices, we are preparing for this.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eltoasto posted:

I believe if you review the film you have of our practices, we are preparing for this.

I've watched your game tape, you don't need to practice freaking out and looking terrible, you're good at it.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

TyroneGoldstein posted:

More then one Giant has said on the record that Collins psyched himself out watching game film and they never had a chance.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Eltoasto posted:

I'm sure Belichick has

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

13 year old girls posted:

i wish they would do these more often though, i love the sideline camera and the mic'd up players

They do them every week

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'm sure Belichick has

Where do you think we get the tape from.

Joke is on him though if you think our defense has preplaned "plays"

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Alouicious posted:

John Kasey won them one

Nah. John Fox not teaching his defense how to defend play action and Jack Del Rio playing prevent/cover 4 against Captain Dink and Dunk's 2 minute drive lost us that Super Bowl.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

African AIDS cum posted:

They do them every week

i'm just bad at finding them i guess, NFL.com is a cesspool of bad design and half the time nothing loads for me

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

i'm just bad at finding them i guess, NFL.com is a cesspool of bad design and half the time nothing loads for me

Its on Inside the NFL I think its on showtime now and NFL network shows it too

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Are they online anywhere or do you have to dig around each team's individual website every week? Sunday Soundtracks used to be one of my favorite features before they stopped doing it this year for some reason.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

davecrazy posted:

More then one Giant has said on the record that Collins psyched himself out watching game film and they never had a chance.

maybe Collins should have taken a drink to calm his nerves beforehand

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I love the ravens guy telling his team Brady doesn't trust anyone but Edleman and Gronk, followed immediately by clips of a throw to Lafell and HooMan.

best part is harbaugh telling his players to watch for ineligible players and not to cover them. putting that in your video kinda nullifies the whole "we were caught offguard" thing your coach was trying to do

That's clearly after his fit over getting enough time.

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 16, 2015

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

davecrazy posted:

It is a week before the Super Bowl. Kerry Collins remains terrified, staring at a tv screen with his eyes bloodshot and empty liquor bottles surrounding him. On the screen is film of the Ravens defense. The picture has lots of static and is in black and white. Between each play quick flashes of hosed up poo poo like dead animals are on the screen for a moment.
After seeing a play of Ray Lewis destroying Eddie George, the next thing Collins sees is a field with a well. The phone rings and Collins jumps up and answers it, his TV reverting back to normal. A voice sounding like Ray Lewis' is heard on the phone. "7 days..."

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

davecrazy posted:

The Giants were fully in that game up until Armstead's TD got called back for a bs hold. For whatever reason, that was like a pinprick to an inflatable raft, and the Giants just deflated over the rest of the game.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Abugadu posted:

The Giants were fully in that game up until Armstead's TD got called back for a bs hold. For whatever reason, that was like a pinprick to an inflatable raft, and the Giants just deflated over the rest of the game.

I don't think the Giants offense even got the ball across the 50

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Sour Diesel posted:

I don't think the Giants offense even got the ball across the 50

They did, but got sacked back across it. And had a couple of deep bombs picked in the red zone from about the 50.

They were running it decently at that point, but Collins was atrocious. I think it was like 8 runs to 15 passes before the negated pick, and they had at least gotten it near midfield, and then afterwards it was like 8-29 run-pass ratio with predictable results.

Not that they were going to win the game w/ the pick, but maybe Fassel pulls his head out of his rear end and doesn't have Collins throwing it every down if they're tied.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

then that kick got returned for a touchdown and killed the shutout

pathetic waste of a season

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, the back-to-back kick return TDs were pretty much the only thing worth watching in that lovely blowout Super Bowl... sorta like the fumbled snap was the only thing worth watching in this last one.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
The only reason I don't hate the Ravens for that Super Bowl is because it was just such a sight to watch them work.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The real Super Bowl that year was the Titans playoff game. The Raiders had the offense/personnel to do some damage to the Ravens but Tony Siragusa tried to give Rich Gannon a hug and the quarterback just couldn't handle it.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I hope Siragusa loses his legs to diabetes.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Volkerball posted:

I hope Siragusa loses his legs to diabetes.

I hope his tongue goes first.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
gently caress, you guys are dark.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Petite Dinklage posted:

I hope his tongue goes first.

Imagine how horrible it would be eat honey without a tongue

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
I like Tony Siragusa. I recently watched the hour long interview/coffee clatch Howard Stern did with him and he seems like a pretty cool dude.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/names/2015/01/18/game-throwns-creator-disses-pats-and-belichick/eF7Na6PwF87YyFLoGzU76H/story.html

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:stare:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

I can't help but think GRRM is talking about Bill's penis. They must have had a bad encounter...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

He's been a Jets fan for a long time. It probably explains a few things in the novels, too.

• Locked thread