Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

At least four of those seasons has been me seeing how long he'll stick around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Benito Reynoso: The Dude Who Just Won't Give It Up

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=2356327

Overall rating of 7 at age 45 is brilliant

i am loving dying at this

seriously, other than the 3 games in season 18, the last time he played was MY FIRST SEASON OF HBD EVER

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

as jefferson olives pointed out on Twitter, he's got a 27-year veteran who still plays

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=1971054

loving incredible

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I've got this 40 year old in 7jerry7 who's still playing, despite never being in the majors. We're in season 30 now, in between seasons 12 and 21, he was never picked up by a team.

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=2661093

Edit: Ha! Florie has been in Dimaggio longer than I have!

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 16, 2015

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
With 55 games to go, the Metropolitans have already won as many games as they did last year!

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
Talk about taking a poo poo on the floor

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
So I've never seen a trade process in less than 24 hours, I have to assume this one did because it was functionally the same as the nullified trade. Does anyone have any experience with this happening?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

AlleyViper posted:

So I've never seen a trade process in less than 24 hours, I have to assume this one did because it was functionally the same as the nullified trade. Does anyone have any experience with this happening?

I am going to guess it is a bug in their system and not something that was suppose to happen.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

1 run scored in two games post-trade clearly this was a mistake

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm gonna pull it now, but I was hoping the Salem's clown car starter rest lineup could take a game, I think they're 0-2 or 0-3.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Someone needs to fix uublog's team it's broken as hell

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Devo posted:

Someone needs to fix uublog's team it's broken as hell

Multiple people have mentioned it to him and he's replied, so no idea what's up.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

I will meet you there.

lol thank you

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

nasboat posted:

as jefferson olives pointed out on Twitter, he's got a 27-year veteran who still plays

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=1971054

loving incredible

What the gently caress, how is that possible? My rookie ballers retire at like age 25.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Rand alPaul posted:

What the gently caress, how is that possible? My rookie ballers retire at like age 25.

Probably because you still have 25 year olds in rookie ball

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Rand alPaul posted:

Are you in Dimaggio?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

Are you in Dimaggio?

nah he's not

also it's not like Russ Florie was always in rookie ball!

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

I will meet you there.
question: I have my line-up all set, but the manager keeps putting in different players when the games start. For some reason, my pitcher was put in at DH in one game. Why?

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Either auto-rest settings or an incomplete lineup card are the usual culprits there

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

Unrelated to my team completely making GBS threads the bed lately, my youngling is due to be birthed next week and I'm not sure I will have time for WiS in the near future. This isn't notice of having to leave yet, but keep it in mind that I may need to ask somebody to become a caretaker for the team (and then make like one or two minor moves next year and win the WS).

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Congrats on breeding.

The fun part about having a kid is that you don't think you're going to have time for crap like this but it actually turns out you have more time for crap like this because you never leave the loving house anymore.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Can someone with decent advance scouting give me a card on this fella? He looked okay at $10MM International.

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6957356

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Devo posted:

Congrats on breeding.

The fun part about having a kid is that you don't think you're going to have time for crap like this but it actually turns out you have more time for crap like this because you never leave the loving house anymore.

Seconding this hard. Like the first week or two you do not have time but after that all you have is time while they nap and poo poo but you can not go anywhere.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Cory Lidle posted:

Can someone with decent advance scouting give me a card on this fella? He looked okay at $10MM International.

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6957356

meh.

He has decent velocity and a plus pitch and he's got good durability. He's nothing great though.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Cody gets out dueled. http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=68332663&pbp=1

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

AlleyViper posted:

Probably because you still have 25 year olds in rookie ball

They're just not ready yet!

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Kennie O'Brien will be available in the off season in the event I (most likely) miss the playoffs again. Prospects or massively low service time guys in non-"Add up the WARs" packages. Get at me, thanks.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

By far my favorite part of this train wreck of a season is Marvin Zerbe's inexplicable sub 3 ERA.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

so is uublog just never going to fix his pitching staff ever, or what

also are we going to kick him out or what

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Well EB plays him 76 more times and I only play him 4 so for purely selfish reasons I'd kind of like to see it fixed

edit because apparently they're playing right now

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

nasboat posted:

so is uublog just never going to fix his pitching staff ever, or what

also are we going to kick him out or what

I'm in favor of booting him out. He's been made aware of it multiple times and has responded so he clearly knows. But he doesn't seem to give a poo poo so I'm of the opinion we sort it out sooner rather than later.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

He made 6 pitching additions on Tuesday, so the idea he gives zero shits is just patently untrue.

There's only a real-time week and a half left in the regular season. I'm sure he'll reevaluate whether he wants to stay on once it ends, but I'm not replacing him without him requesting it. There's no basis to right now.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

OK I was not aware he'd actually made transactions, just seemed like it had been a consistent issue and all the box scores I checked had fatigued starters and 0 stamina bullpen guys going.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

It's going to be very tough sledding until expanded rosters as I'm sure most of the guys are in the negatives below 0(0), but there's at least been some maintenance.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

just FYI, everyone abandon hope of maxing Cody Roosevelt when he hits FA, he's never leaving me

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Or Deivi or Wehner for that matter

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

*Furio Bichette Quantum Leaps into Lewis Stammen's body*

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
35 games to go, Nasboat and I are tied atop the ALN at 82-45. and I end the season hosting a three game series with Seattle.

Now watch me go 0 for the next 32 and be completely out of it by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Steals, y'all

Note that Stu Roosevelt sitting at 18th was a Clevelander until the trade deadline.

Melky already has the fourth highest steals total in franchise history with 35 games to go. he needs 10 to claim the top spot.

• Locked thread