Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Kewpuh posted:

i watch game grumps and i laugh sometimes i also watch zero punctuation and the other one with the fat british guy

I watch game grumps for the superior voice acting in Sakura Spirit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Sleeveless posted:

I'm still lost on how a 90 minute video constitutes a "quick look" to be quite honest.

They used to be 20 minutes max at the very beginning but it turns out that's pretty much useless

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jon Do posted:

I get most of my gaming chuckles from Giant Bomb. I'm concerned that with ... no Patrick, it won't be as good in the future.

*puts down newspaper and stares @ u*

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

YouTube is for cat videos and game videos are for the trash

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

TB should have gotten TB instead of butt cancer. or maybe in addition to, either's good

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
My favorite epic video game personality is anita sarkeesian

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Adam Bowen posted:

qft

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Jon Do posted:

I get most of my gaming chuckles from Giant Bomb. I'm concerned that with way less Vinny, Jeff working from home, and no Patrick, it won't be as good in the future.
Losing Ryan hurt a lot, and losing Vinny on the podcast was a bummer, but I can't say Patrick is someone I really associate with the media side of GB much.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I didn't really watch much during when Ryan was alive; I really got into watching GB content daily with Spelunkin' With Scoops. I always liked Patrick, never understood why so many people found him so insufferable. Perhaps naive in his idealism, but I don't see how that inspires hate. Spookin I didn't enjoy as much, but I enjoyed Patrick's content.

GB's weaker these days than it was, but still enjoyable to watch. Usually informative as well.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Adam Bowen posted:

I actually like anita sarkeesian because she makes boring videos that say the most basic feminism 101 poo poo and losers on the internet get obscenely angry about it.

Seriously, her videos are like "Women in video games are often portrayed as little more than motivation for male characters" and then the comments are stuff like "shut the gently caress up you bitc hore ur trying to destory what mad gameing gr8!!!! Fcuk u". The disconnect between the lack of actual content in her videos and how much people read into it is hilarious.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Problem Sleuth posted:

I actually like anita sarkeesian because she makes boring videos that say the most basic feminism 101 poo poo and losers on the internet get obscenely angry about it.

Seriously, her videos are like "Women in video games are often portrayed as little more than motivation for male characters" and then the comments are stuff like "shut the gently caress up you bitc hore ur trying to destory what mad gameing gr8!!!! Fcuk u". The disconnect between the lack of actual content in her videos and how much people read into it is hilarious.

We shouldn't need to hear what she says, but sadly we do. And she gets death threats about it.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Problem Sleuth posted:

The internet really could use Feminism 96a though

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

nuru posted:

Losing Ryan hurt a lot, and losing Vinny on the podcast was a bummer, but I can't say Patrick is someone I really associate with the media side of GB much.

Yeah Patrick has been running solo for so long it's no surprise he's moving on from GB

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I hope you all had a refreshing and positive start to your morning, I spent most of it completely annihilating bad guys in Diablo 3 and I feel stupendous.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SMT4 is making me its bitch

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

exquisite tea posted:

I hope you all had a refreshing and positive start to your morning, I spent most of it completely annihilating bad guys in Diablo 3 and I feel stupendous.

Same but warframe

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Played some new vegas it was good as always

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush
Diablo 3 is fun fun. Thanks goons

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A Steampunk Gent posted:

if you die a few times it will let you play easy mode (after humiliating you a bit)

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

Diablo 3 is fun fun. Thanks goons

Is it still a full 60 dollars?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

No new season = don't care

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

A Steampunk Gent posted:

What're you having trouble with?

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

Problem Sleuth posted:

Is it still a full 60 dollars?

20bucks for ultimate(3+ros) New on ps3 from gamestop

Witchdoctor with jar of spiders is hilarious.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Last-gen systems aren't being supported with new patches though so get the nextgen/PC RoS if you wanna Diablo, is my advice.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
this is fairly epic

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

THE PENETRATOR posted:

this is fairly epic

they look in love

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
her lovely lady lumps

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

THE PENETRATOR posted:

this is fairly epic

I wonder if this guy is making money off this poo poo. 2 million views for previewing poo poo like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9DhC3wmJXo

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

What are very good blogs for gaming and gaming related activities?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Ultragonk posted:

would you be willing to settle for mediocre blogs for gaming and gaming related activities?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

icantfindaname posted:

would you be willing to settle for mediocre blogs for gaming and gaming related activities?

Yes, you can recommend your own blogs.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I really like the idea of someone being a full generation of games behind and just getting a PS3 right now, you get a gigantic game library and everything is 5 bucks

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Ultragonk posted:

http://thisiswhatgamesmeantome.tumblr.com/

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Eye of Widesauron posted:

What're you having trouble with?

It's not any single encounter so much as the general level of difficulty and the chance to get your poo poo wrecked in a single round. Like I get ambushed by a demon, get hit by two super effective attacks and then by the time I get to input actions two of my dudes are dead. I think I need to take team building alot more seriously than 'use whatever dudes with high strength/magic stats' and try and coast it like I did in Strange Journey and Persona

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

A Steampunk Gent posted:

It's not any single encounter so much as the general level of difficulty and the chance to get your poo poo wrecked in a single round. Like I get ambushed by a demon, get hit by two super effective attacks and then by the time I get to input actions two of my dudes are dead. I think I need to take team building alot more seriously than 'use whatever dudes with high strength/magic stats' and try and coast it like I did in Strange Journey and Persona
Elemental weaknesses and resistances are essential in Mega Ten, same with buffs and debuffs. This isn't like Final Fantasy where you can coast by without really paying attention to stuff like that.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 19, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

THE PENETRATOR posted:

video game dunkey
I like that video where he met George Costanza.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ih9QXqYi28

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

SunAndSpring posted:

I like that video where he met George Costanza.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ih9QXqYi28

i'm glad he got to talk to mr. alexander however i sure wish i did, instead

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I really like the idea of someone being a full generation of games behind and just getting a PS3 right now, you get a gigantic game library and everything is 5 bucks

Well I got my 500gig for 120$ with 1 controller off cl. L2/r2 were borked so I bought & returned it to gamestop. Then hit bf deals and b2g1 and kongregate points into a 10$ off coupon. I have done very well. Plus all the games are new to me. Greatest divorce present ever.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I'm kinda in that boat. I have a ps3 and have played all the uncharted games, but I like being behind, getting games cheaper is cool with me. So in terms of best games to grab for the system cheap, what are the general thread recommendations? Also I really want to play DDR, but the game is going for 200 freaking dollars on amazon. What's up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

General recommendations for PS3:
Get PS+ and just play whatever games are free each month for a year

• Locked thread