Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Ferremit posted:

Phenyephedrine is absolute loving garbage. Doesn't do poo poo. Managed to snag myself a Man Flu and it feels like ive had my nose attacked with a belt sander.

Looks like i'll have to go find a chemist tomorrow and do the whole "Your not making meth, are you?" song and dance and give them my ID so I can actually get some pseudoephedrine and stop my GOD drat NOSE RUNNING!

loving Australian drug laws.

This. I think it only worked for me the first or second time I used it but since then it's all been downhill since then.

Cablechat: Just found out that having cable TV lets me stream full episodes of the Simpsons online. Hooray?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Woke up to my roommates watching the Pats vs Colts game from EARLIER this season in preparation for this afternoon. I just wanna play some Defiance.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
I'm kinda bad at this game.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Chiming in to say how hosed up and really good Restrepo and Koregal are. I did like Restrepo better though.

Also, almost finished with another run through of Generation Kill, because everyone should watch that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFuEc7Zqgug

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Ferremit posted:

Looks like i'll have to go find a chemist tomorrow and do the whole "Your not making meth, are you?" song and dance and give them my ID so I can actually get some pseudoephedrine and stop my GOD drat NOSE RUNNING!

loving Australian drug laws.

Same for 'Murica as well. Everybody in your house get sick at the same time? Sucks to be you, there's a limit on how much of the stuff that actually works that you can buy, you get to play the hunger games but with effective drugs. It's bullshit. I mean, seriously what's the percentage of real usage vs meth usage do people buy Sudafed for? I gotta think legitimate more than tips the scale for it to be a non issue. Well, thank god they put limits on it so not as many people will cook meth... Wait..

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I am surprisingly not sore for the most part, my hand hurts, especially when I whacked it on the corner of my dresser trying get undressed but I have basically no bruising on my hips which are a bit sore and that's it. Back doesn't hurt anymore or in different places than usual, neck and head are fine.

Time to start looking for a new car, need to figure out how much I can raid out of my 401k and my grandma said she'd toss some cash my way

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Just made my first halfthree-quarter decent sauce bearnaise. Could be thicker, apparently that is accomplished by even more butter.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
The answer is always more butter!

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/ctd/4844511969.html

Tell me about owning a Lexus

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
What are you, some sort of faux 1%er? Get your expensive cars out of here.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Time for a Chinese takeaway I think. Their salt and chilli chicken is so good.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

88h88 posted:

Time for a Chinese takeaway I think. Their salt and chilli chicken is so good.

gently caress you.

I'm sitting here starving but too lazy to get food,and this didn't help.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
I'm at a bris for a friend's child-I've never seen more anxious men in one place in my life (myself included). :stonk:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I thought most people stopped that poo poo?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Geirskogul posted:

I thought most people stopped that poo poo?

Mutilation is still a thing in most third world countries.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It's not like most of the civilised world seems to have enough backbone to actually ban it, though.

Seriously, Zundfolge, why would you go anywhere near that?

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
Well, it is Ohio...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm sick. I feel so terrible I wish I would die.

Except for the me dying part. I feel so terrible that someone should die.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

keykey posted:

Same for 'Murica as well. Everybody in your house get sick at the same time? Sucks to be you, there's a limit on how much of the stuff that actually works that you can buy, you get to play the hunger games but with effective drugs. It's bullshit. I mean, seriously what's the percentage of real usage vs meth usage do people buy Sudafed for? I gotta think legitimate more than tips the scale for it to be a non issue. Well, thank god they put limits on it so not as many people will cook meth... Wait..

I got carded for buying superglue yesterday. I wasn't aware superglue had become the new sudafed. My opinion of humanity dropped even further.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
What, circumcision is rare or something these days? I had no idea. I like this seinfeld conversation though:

Elaine: Have you ever seen one?
Jerry: You mean that wasn't -
Elaine: Yeah.
Jerry: No.. you?
Elaine: Ya.
Jerry: What'd you think?
Elaine: (SHAKES HER HEAD) No...
Jerry: Not good?
Elaine: No, had no face, no personality, very dull. It was like a
martian. But hey, that's me.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Its falling out of favor because its like cutting females.

Except it takes about 30-40 years for the problems to set in, unless it was done with a sawzall.

E: i've seen some really awful ones too. like half the head missing.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 18, 2015

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cage posted:

What, circumcision is rare or something these days?
Unfortunately not, and the refusal of society to simply outlaw it and prosecute anyone who practices it as a section 18 assault (or whatever the US equivalent is for intentional serious bodily harm) means it will continue to happen, being ignored or handwaved with bullshit about how there are "benefits" to it, or it being the choice of the parents.

I don't have much of a sense of humour about it. People who think it's A-ok to cut of part off their child's penis for no reason are barbaric monsters, and need to be stopped.

VVVV: poo poo, man. I'm lucky that it's very much fallen by the wayside in the UK.

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 18, 2015

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

InitialDave posted:

I don't have much of a sense of humour about it. People who think it's A-ok to cut of part off their child's penis for no reason are barbaric monsters, and need to be stopped.

This.

I'll never forgive my parents for what they did, and I hope that someday they get to endure the problems that I do.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

cursedshitbox posted:

This.

I'll never forgive my parents for what they did, and I hope that someday they get to endure the problems that I do.

I've honestly never heard of complications from it late in life.

Now I want to look it up just so I know what I'm getting into, but that's loving scary.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

As someone who is totally uneducated on the subject, I'm almost afraid to ask what problems it causes. Because i'm willing to bet they're horrifying judging by the way you guys are talking about things :gonk:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Imagine having most of your mouth cut away so that your tounge is exposed to air.
Permanently.

Internal organs were meant to be internal.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

BrokenKnucklez posted:

And part of the mess we are in is the fact that people just don't understand money, how it works, etc. Being debt free is good, but its ok to be in debt as long as you can manage your current debt load, and most people can't manage that. I still don't understand why schools can't have a basic fiance course before you graduate why its ok to use credit cards, but with in reason, and be able to pay the balance off with in a couple of months, etc. Or how to properly calculate a monthly budget with excess reserves, and so on.

But with the abundance of cheap credit, I don't think it will ever go away. If the interest rates ever climb about 8% or 9% these 300,000 homes are going to crash in value.

Man, you live where I live, I'm fully expecting all the $300k shitboxes they threw up in the last 5-10 years out west of town to be derelicts in another 10. So absurdly shoddily built it's amazing, and every single one of them is upside down on their loans.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

cursedshitbox posted:

Imagine having most of your mouth cut away so that your tounge is exposed to air.
Permanently.

Internal organs were meant to be internal.

I meant the horrific complications you guys were talking about. So far i'm fine, i'm just curious as to what possible terrible things I may have to look forward to.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

cursedshitbox posted:

That's a bit strong... it's not like there was anything other than full societal acceptability of the practice when you were born... I'm cut and it's never caused me the slightest bit of issue, nor have any of the recipients ever had any issues with it...

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
welp. for most desensitization to the point of not-getting-off.

Inverse of it like in my case. imagine someone jabbing your head with a hot iron every time someone one touched it.
Blowies were loving impossible.

E:

meatpimp posted:

That's a bit strong... it's not like there was anything other than full societal acceptability of the practice when you were born... I'm cut and it's never caused me the slightest bit of issue, nor have any of the recipients ever had any issues with it...

Yeah, its hateful. She hated I wasnt a daughter, and he just didnt care because it wasn't him.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 18, 2015

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

meatpimp posted:

I'm cut and it's never caused me the slightest bit of issue, nor have any of the recipients ever had any issues with it...
And if you, as an adult, chose that for yourself, I have no problem with it.

Edit:
VVVV

meatpimp posted:

It's not like parents of that age were horribly mutilating their children, it was the accepted medical practice and was SUPPOSED to be better for the person in terms of cleanliness, healthiness, etc.
Funny, I was born 30+ years ago,. as were most of my friends. Guess accepted medical practice is a bit more sophisticated in some places.

But yes, American parents have for years been pushed down that road because of medical advice and it being "normal", and that isn't really their fault. However, the "well I had it and I'm fine" attitude plays a part in letting this farce continue.

If someone chooses to do something themselves, that's fine, but to needlessly do it to a child is morally wrong.

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 18, 2015

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
something like 75% of dudes in the US are cut so you'd think you'd hear more about all these dudes unable to get off because they can't feel anything with their glans

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

cursedshitbox posted:

welp. for most desensitization to the point of not-getting-off.

Inverse of it like in my case. imagine someone jabbing your head with a hot iron every time someone one touched it.
Blowies were loving impossible.

Oh, jesus gently caress. I'm cut and never knew that was a possible side effect, goddamn. That sucks :gonk:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Liquid Communism posted:

Man, you live where I live

Ah I forgot, I should a PM ed you when Holdbrooks stopped through, we ate at Smokey D's. He didn't kill me, A+++ would hang out again!!!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

InitialDave posted:

And if you, as an adult, chose that for yourself, I have no problem with it.

Again, the practice is becoming somewhat less common, but even so, 30+ years ago there were no penis justice warriors bringing the horrendous effects of slightly diminished sensitivity to light. It's not like parents of that age were horribly mutilating their children, it was the accepted medical practice and was SUPPOSED to be better for the person in terms of cleanliness, healthiness, etc.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

T1g4h posted:

Oh, jesus gently caress. I'm cut and never knew that was a possible side effect, goddamn. That sucks :gonk:

Theres ways to restore it, but it takes loving forevverrrrr. It does help though, but jesus gently caress.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Hey guys I was just working on my car and not talking about my mutilated penis what about y'all

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Adiabatic posted:

Hey guys I was just working on my car and not talking about my mutilated penis what about y'all

You need to go pin-the-loving-liners.

You'll want to mutilate rover engineers.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

If I get to be an American and work on Jeeps instead of Land Rovers then gently caress it cut the tip of my dick off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I unno man. the 4.7 kinda rivals the rover v8

• Locked thread