Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Ok, so I saw some pics of the new "Jurassic World" Dino figures from Hasbro and they... don't look that great.

I saved 'em, but I'm sure they were leaked pictures, and I'm not sure about the legality of re-posting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Have I mentioned how frustrating Matty is lately?

Lizard Man sold out in less than a minute.

Edit: What the gently caress, he's back in stock.

Red fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 15, 2015

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Lately?

Heh.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

Lately?

Heh.

Well, it's been a while since the Horde Troopers.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They canceled my subscription and I'm apparently supposed to get an email some time this week to set it back up.

I should just walk away ... but it's almost over anyways.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

They canceled my subscription and I'm apparently supposed to get an email some time this week to set it back up.

I should just walk away ... but it's almost over anyways.

But Dragstor is coming!

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Red posted:

Have I mentioned how frustrating Matty is lately?

Lizard Man sold out in less than a minute.

Edit: What the gently caress, he's back in stock.

Now wait for him to get stuck on a boat for a month due to some sort of labor dispute while Matty offers no updates on what the hell is happening. And when it does ship, it takes another month to arrive. But at least you paid nearly as much for shipping as you did for the figure itself.

On the plus side, something something leadership something something.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

funtax posted:

Now wait for him to get stuck on a boat for a month due to some sort of labor dispute while Matty offers no updates on what the hell is happening. And when it does ship, it takes another month to arrive. But at least you paid nearly as much for shipping as you did for the figure itself.

On the plus side, something something leadership something something.

I remember when Batros was announced, I pre-ordered him on BBTS, and after shipping it was like $47 - but I paid it because I was afraid he'd sell out at 12:01pm, and I'd be screwed.

But he's on Amazon right now for $29.95, and he's eligible for Prime, so who the gently caress knows

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
The trick with MOTUC is to only buy the ones you love so much that you don't give a poo poo what you paid.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Edit: dub dub

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
I bitched about Matty and then my Doomsday miraculously arrived. There is balance in the universe.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

funtax posted:

I bitched about Matty and then my Doomsday miraculously arrived. There is balance in the universe.

Yeah but for you to get that, Matty and Digital River slaughtered a bag of puppies

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
I hate puppies and love alien murder-monsters, so that was totally worth it.

Seriously, Doomsday is huge and beautiful.

funtax fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 16, 2015

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Why cookie Rocket posted:

The trick with MOTUC is to only buy the ones you love so much that you don't give a poo poo what you paid.

This, or get lucky with Christmas sales.

Although I'm still not sure why I bought a Spirit of Hordak.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming
Are the Marvel Legends Black Widow figures still super hard to find? I managed to snag one at a shop and they still had one left after that. Was wondering if it might be worth it to go back and get it to resell.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

BlackCircle posted:

Are the Marvel Legends Black Widow figures still super hard to find? I managed to snag one at a shop and they still had one left after that. Was wondering if it might be worth it to go back and get it to resell.

Looks like she's going for $20-25 on eBay, so probably not worth the effort.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There was a refresh wave or something that had bigger numbers of her.

I was at Target yesterday (looking for a Dancing Groot which I found later at Walmart) and the Marvel section was almost completely empty. I guess the shipping delays have them stuck.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Red posted:

Although I'm still not sure why I bought a Spirit of Hordak.

To put in front of a bright LED light and watch him cast his red glow across the entire room.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

The Taint Reaper posted:

To put in front of a bright LED light and watch him cast his red glow across the entire room.

Or you can sell him to me. I think I need another one.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I was on the fence about getting that Mezco Dredd but I just realized 3A has put up Judge Death, also in 1/12 scale and with leather clothing and for $60. $120 nets you a pair of articulated, bespoke archenemies? I may not be able to pass that up.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sanschel posted:

I was on the fence about getting that Mezco Dredd but I just realized 3A has put up Judge Death, also in 1/12 scale and with leather clothing and for $60. $120 nets you a pair of articulated, bespoke archenemies? I may not be able to pass that up.

The reason the 3A Dredd is taking so long is that it's gonna come with a Lawmaster

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Aphrodite posted:

There was a refresh wave or something that had bigger numbers of her.

I was at Target yesterday (looking for a Dancing Groot which I found later at Walmart) and the Marvel section was almost completely empty. I guess the shipping delays have them stuck.

Is that Dancing Groot out at mass retail? I've been checking Walmarts and Targets in the Phoenix area with no success. I want to get one for my father so he can put it on his desk at work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It should be, this Walmart's nothing special.

It was on sale for some reason so it was only $8.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

Is that Dancing Groot out at mass retail? I've been checking Walmarts and Targets in the Phoenix area with no success. I want to get one for my father so he can put it on his desk at work.

Check Barnes & Noble, they had 12 of them when I was at the local one today.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

I've seen 'em at Toys R Us too.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Does anyone know if NECA are planning on re-releasing their big chap alien at any point? I just bought a Kane and I'm probably going to get a Ripley when she comes out this year and an alien will round out all three pretty well.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Aphrodite posted:

It should be, this Walmart's nothing special.

It was on sale for some reason so it was only $8.
Wacky, what department are they in? Toys? Electronics?

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

At my super walmart, the pop stuff was up by like the magic/Pokemon card stuff

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Does anyone know if NECA are planning on re-releasing their big chap alien at any point? I just bought a Kane and I'm probably going to get a Ripley when she comes out this year and an alien will round out all three pretty well.

Awhile ago on twitter they said they were, but didn't really specify when. Also, they are more than likely going to make a redux of the classic Alien vs Predator Kenner 2-pack, so it should be available in that.. You may just have to wait awhile.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DrChud posted:

At my super walmart, the pop stuff was up by like the magic/Pokemon card stuff

Two Wal-marts, three Toy R Usi, two Barnes and Nobi, and a trip to Hot Topic and no one has even HEARD of these god drat things. You're loving with me right?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

Duke Igthorn posted:

Two Wal-marts, three Toy R Usi, two Barnes and Nobi, and a trip to Hot Topic and no one has even HEARD of these god drat things. You're loving with me right?

I see them at Newbury Comics which is like a New England record store. You're really not missing much, dude. They aren't exactly amazing or anything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Duke Igthorn posted:

Where the hell do you live dude?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

My local Target and TRU ain't got poo poo, either. Not them dancin' Groots or really much of anything else at all. loving everything is sold out and it makes me think the shipping issues on the west coast have somehow hosed over the midwest worse than the east coast, maybe, which is cool. TRU is at least trying to fill their shelf space, while Target is just row after row of empty hooks.

I just want new figures to stand around and think about buying ... :negative:

It has sent me on a spiral of looking at vintage stores and whatever huntin' down weird old action figures. I just got Corsair the other day, and he's pretty awesome as far as cheapo plastic Toy Biz figures go. He even comes with one of the best toy reviews I've ever read:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

Toys, but the outside of an aisle where they usually have the cheap house brand stuff.

All the GotG stuff they had was there though, except a lonely Drax with the Power Rangers.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I think, and I might be wrong here, that people are talking about two different dancing Groot toys. The Funko Pop ones are just designed to look like he's in a dance move whereas the Wal-Mart ones are like those dancing flowers but with Groot instead.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Where the hell do you live dude?
Vegas, why?

Bah, if the west coast is getting screwed that would explain it, the stores here are just empty, both targets near me have just empty peg board where the marvel stuff should go (though generous neca Robocop toys (holy poo poo the word "Robocop"is built right into my phone!!))

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
So one of my more top heavy action figures that I've had for years managed to fall off its shelf and break a limb off. I was trying to figure out the best glue to use to stick the drat things leg back on, and I figured here would be the perfect place to ask.
Shall I assume plain old krazy glue won't work?

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

WeX Majors posted:

So one of my more top heavy action figures that I've had for years managed to fall off its shelf and break a limb off. I was trying to figure out the best glue to use to stick the drat things leg back on, and I figured here would be the perfect place to ask.

Though I'm no customizer, I've found rubber cement works pretty well. Also used super glue on some of the cheapo figures my kids break and as long as they aren't too rough with them it works fine too.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

WeX Majors posted:

Depends on the plastic, but loctite works on 85-90% of what we see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I've had amazing success with Gorilla glue on all things plastic. I've had to glue limbs and parts on figures and if you do it right it'll hold extremely well and not even look like anything broke.