Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Even without considering the Holocaust, and that's a major concession for the sake of argument to say the least, Hitler was a mentally ill, drug-addled warmonger who is responsible for the deaths of millions. He is loathed in Eastern Europe and it's not because of the concentration camps or the slightest hint of Zionism, it's because everyone there can say they lost a grandfather or uncle to German troops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Such a minor thing, but it's so ridiculous how so many anti-choice people depict women getting abortion as like, 9 months pregnant.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

beepsandboops posted:

Such a minor thing, but it's so ridiculous how so many anti-choice people depict women getting abortion as like, 9 months pregnant.
Because deep down they know Planned Parenthood does more than just act as a BABY MURDER FACTORY, so they have to get really hammer the point home. Remember, these are people that believe dinosaurs coexisted with man, and that people lived to be hundreds of years old before a magic curse lowered our life expectancy (and then we raised it up again because...antibiotics trump curses to some degree?)

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Isn't that what every neo-nazi does?
If a person hates the jews and hitler didn't really kill the jews why would that person like hitler? What do they think he did to deserve being a hero or whatever? Even without the antisemitism Hitler wasn't good at any of the other things he did.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I won't lie that I ain't slightly intrigued by this. Not enough to give the site a hit mind you, but I am curious.

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011

World Famous Whore posted:

I won't lie that I ain't slightly intrigued by this. Not enough to give the site a hit mind you, but I am curious.

I'm not sure if being in an After Eden cartoon would be a reward or a punishment.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

TheDarkFlame posted:

I only just got round to playing Black Flag which is basically a Pirate Simulator which accidentally ended up falling arse-first into the Templars/Assassins plotline. And I noticed this in one of the data entries this afternoon:

I mean, if there's one person in the entirety of human history who can be outright called a monumental bastard, it's Columbus.

No Columbus = no America = no Starship Troopers movie. Check and mate. :colbert:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Something Awful wouldn't exist if it weren't for Columbus, think about it.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I wanna be a part of After Eden, if only to see how I'm caricatured.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Post 9-11 User posted:

SuperHappy Flawless. :allears:

Muir: making America safe from those hajjis. America: a nation that hates white men. :psyduck:

What is this even about, anyway? Is he suggesting there's some sort of clarion call for all the white male alpha dogs of America to unite and defeat the muslim horde? Is this a thing wafting through the right wing blogs? Or have the mold spores from the hole in his roof finally made their way to his brain?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
He wants to deport all Muslims from Christendom.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Xenoveritas posted:

You can't mention that without linking to it.

http://www.speaker.gov/general/12-taylor-swift-reactions-president-obamas-free-college-idea

Note that's on speaker.gov, the official blog of the Speaker of the House.

Wow. That is mind-bogglingly juvenile. The speaker should leave biting political satire to the professionals.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Okay, which one of you is Inquisitor420 on DbD?

Inquisitor420 posted:

January 18, 2015, 3:49 pm | Reply

screw the templars, i sided with the mages

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

CampingCarl posted:

If a person hates the jews and hitler didn't really kill the jews why would that person like hitler? What do they think he did to deserve being a hero or whatever? Even without the antisemitism Hitler wasn't good at any of the other things he did.

Like imagine if your favorite footballer made a sweet play and then the enemy team flopped so hard the entire world started using that footballer's name as a synonym for "the worst human being possible, ever" and also made them lose the game and he killed himself (or did he? lizard people zionist assassins?)

You'd live your life knowing that the Jewish people flopped and are liars and hate them and also that your guy didn't even touch them so what the gently caress. Or you're dees and your brain is just fundamentally broken. (gently caress here is where I put that animated gif of mardis gras but the glasses show you the skeleton zionist conspiracy animated gif but I just can't find it. I suck.)

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Xenoveritas posted:

You can't mention that without linking to it.

http://www.speaker.gov/general/12-taylor-swift-reactions-president-obamas-free-college-idea

Note that's on speaker.gov, the official blog of the Speaker of the House.

This is how the most powerful nation in the world is run.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Reminder that Dees just made a cartoon about the CH attacks as a zionist conspiracy. dude is off his rocker.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Hitler B. Natural posted:

This is how the most powerful nation in the world is run.

Do you know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Rorus Raz posted:

Germany was in a rather sympathetic position post WWI: they had a heap of the war debt dumped on them, and basically suffered through a particularly nasty depression of their own. Unlike WWII it's not like there was a real "bad side" in that war, so they kinda got the short end of the stick because they lost.

Still...even if he didn't do the Holocaust, Hitler was still trying to take far more land than what Germany lost in the previous war, so it's really weird to make him out as a nice dude. I've seen a lot of Holocaust deniers, but never a person really going out there and saying Hitler was A-OK. Well, those that don't hate the Jews. Wait, are there people even like that? Forget this whole post: Dees sucks and that's all you have to know.

Hitler was no an angel but he killed Hitler.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Rorus Raz posted:

Your moment of zen. Have a nice week, everyone.

I agree that humans are to blame for a lot of suffering, but not for the same reason. Because God doesn't exist you see. :dawkins101:

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Rorus Raz posted:

Yeah, you dopes. It was clearly the US and USSR meddling in the Middle East that started this poo poo.

Yes, we get the loving joke, Lance. You aren't that clever.

Go gently caress yourself.

Political Cartoons 2015: I just can't work with sock puppets.

Lemme just...make up numbers wholesale. Yeah, that's the poo poo.

Meanwhile, Lance shows us he has no loving clue how eyepatches work.

"gently caress Muslims, though."

Was Lance's hiatus because he had a Kirschen-esque stroke? I remember Galatianman being more bland than hateful.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I kinda wonder how Kirschen feels about converts to Judaism, he doesn't have a nasty little bird card for them.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Is it bad that the only comics in Sunday School that my eyes don't slide right off of are the Adam Ford ones? The rest look too incomprehensible, batshit insane, or horribly drawn. But then there's Ford trying desperately to make his point using simple and clean pictures and understanding that words shouldn't take up more than a small fraction of the visual space. Admittedly, they all look like they're either horribly depressed and about to start crying or have downs, but that just makes it easier to laugh at them, and him.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I swear there was an old Dees cartoon where he compared the current American government unfavourably to the Nazis, which confused everyone. Has anyone still got that?

e: As in he was all like, "The US government is Hitler, and that is a bad thing"

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Axe-man posted:

I kinda wonder how Kirschen feels about converts to Judaism, he doesn't have a nasty little bird card for them.

Who knows, I don't think I recall him ever saying anything bad about non-ashkenazi jews so maybe he's accepting of any Jew regardless of origin (as long as they're pro-Israel). :shrug: I doubt he thinks poorly of converts either way, it's just a matter of whether he considers them well meaning gentiles or actual Jews.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 19, 2015

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
I thought Kirschen himself converted to Judaism.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Your moment of zen. Have a nice week, everyone.

Darwin literally said nothing in regards to evil or God. For gently caress's sake these people just print blatant lies.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Yeah, I don't think we should put too much stock into what creationists think they know about Darwin. Or anything really.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Reminder that Dees just made a cartoon about the CH attacks as a zionist conspiracy. dude is off his rocker.

No he's certifiably schizophrenic.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

CampingCarl posted:

Dees has this on his site now. I don't remember anything so overt about Hitler from him before so I started looking for signs that he thinks the Zionists were behind Hitler but I don't see any. How does a person like Hitler but deny the holocaust?

Adolf Hitler: 17 million Germans can't be wrong.

xthetenth posted:

10 billion Muslims on this planet.

No wonder so many people responded to the Zimmerman Alarm.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Jedit posted:

The best thing about Iron Pill is that it's impossible to Google for it.

iron pill -supplement seems to work just fine

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

xthetenth posted:

10 billion Muslims on this planet.

100 million is 10% of one billion. Wiki states an estimated 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide, so if anything he's underplayed it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Darwin literally said nothing in regards to evil or God. For gently caress's sake these people just print blatant lies.
It's really a good insight into the mind of people like that though, if you step back and see how they came to their conclusions. The Origin of Species is a fairly dry text about nature and natural selection, which by necessity includes a lot of discussion on, well, natural selection. Predation, changing of habitats, and other stuff like that. Now the cartoonist is the sort that sees everything in the world as God's Plan, so by simply describing these things honestly Darwin was implicitly making a slander against God and blaming God for the myriad atrocities of nature. The fact this is completely unrelated to the actual text doesn't matter; the cartoonist's world view is so focused and unalterable that there's no other possible explanation that would fit it. From where they're sitting, it's an inarguable self-evident "truth".

It's really kind of terrifying if you think about it too closely, but it's still important to understand how people like these think.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Political Cartoons 2015: For gently caress's sake these people just print blatant lies.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jedit posted:

100 million is 10% of one billion. Wiki states an estimated 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide, so if anything he's underplayed it.
I heard every Muslim wants to do a taqiyya on me anyway so I think the numbers are probably way higher, due to jihad and all like such as.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Jedit posted:

This kind of assumes the 10% isn't being pulled out of his rear end.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Taciturn Tactician posted:

This kind of assumes the 10% isn't being pulled out of his rear end.
Also the implication that anyone who 'supports' jihadism is themselves a jihadist. The House of Saud supports jihadists but I don't think they'll be strapping on bomb vests any time soon.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Muir again:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/p72AMOT.jpg :nws:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Cameron's comments on religion and violence – David Cameron disagrees with Pope Francis on responding with violence, saying in free society there is right to cause offence"

Telegraph:

Eurotunnel services delayed further after fire; Swiss franc soars as Switzerland abandons euro cap

Independent:

Ed Miliband accuses David Cameron over pay rise plea

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Is it bad that the only comics in Sunday School that my eyes don't slide right off of are the Adam Ford ones? The rest look too incomprehensible, batshit insane, or horribly drawn. But then there's Ford trying desperately to make his point using simple and clean pictures and understanding that words shouldn't take up more than a small fraction of the visual space. Admittedly, they all look like they're either horribly depressed and about to start crying or have downs, but that just makes it easier to laugh at them, and him.
Lietha is probably the most talented artist of the regulars. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Lietha is the only artist with talent of the regulars I post. Ford is just trying to emulate the Oatmeal (which is already a poo poo comic, but for other reasons), and has a style that is basically the next step above stick figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

My god, aren't these people incredibly bored? Nothing happens. Nothing ever happens and the characters are less developed than CTRL+ALT+DEL at it's lowest nadir.

Metal as gently caress.

• Locked thread