Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Soulex posted:

Eto'o to Sampdoria is almost a done deal, with a medical taking place Monday.

Apparently he's taking a 40% pay cut to play with them.

What the gently caress? Why samp of all clubs?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

vivisectvnv posted:

What the gently caress? Why samp of all clubs?!

He wants to live in Italy, his family is still based in Milan.

Plus, Ferrero is the most hilarious owner in the biz. If he sticks around, Samp will be a fun and probably competitive place to be.

Also Ferrero is going to make a movie about Eto'o

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
He'll play as often as he's fit and Samp are actually very much in the running for a champions league place. The race for third is tight as hell.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It's a good Serie A season for sure. Juve isn't running away with it and there isn't much of a mid table.

Can anyone tell me about Waynama from Southhampton? Apparently Viola has been linked with him.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Cole Grossmann from Real Salt Lake to norwegian club Stabæk is a done deal.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

this italian source sucks, right? http://www.calciomercato.com/news/arsenal-in-arrivo-un-difensore-157077

or might arsenal actually sign perrin

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

azathosk posted:

Cole Grossmann from Real Salt Lake to norwegian club Stabæk is a done deal.

Cool, I went to high school with him (we were even in the same homeroom) and he's got some talent. Good on ya. Cole.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

this italian source sucks, right? http://www.calciomercato.com/news/arsenal-in-arrivo-un-difensore-157077

or might arsenal actually sign perrin

It isn't too reliable. The blurb is also full of "seems like", "all but" and "could". I also don't know who that is.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

It isn't too reliable. The blurb is also full of "seems like", "all but" and "could". I also don't know who that is.

generic arsenal-linked french CB. plays for saint-etienne.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Troy Queef posted:

Cool, I went to high school with him (we were even in the same homeroom) and he's got some talent. Good on ya. Cole.
Sluh is for wastemen

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-toronto-fc-sebastian-giovinco-mls-major-league-soccer-serie-a-juventus/

Toronto FC will announce Sebastian Giovinco as its newest player early next week, Sportsnet has learned.

TFC had been pursuing Giovinco, who is out of contract with Juventus at the end of the current Serie A season, for some time and recently tabled a contract offer to the Italian midfielder. Sources told Sportsnet that Giovinco has accepted TFC’s terms for a multi-year deal after his representatives met with officials from the MLS club in Toronto this week, and that a formal announcement will be made either on Monday or Tuesday.

The same sources told Sportsnet that Giovinco had other contract offers from European clubs, but he decided to sign with Toronto FC after the team offered him “a truckload of money.” Terms of the deal are not known, but one Italian news agency reported TFC’s contract offer was for $6 million per season.

Giovinco will finish out the current Serie A season with Juventus, and officially join Toronto FC in July.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Giovinco and Altidore recreating the Master Blaster scene from Mad Max

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

TFC have more money than sense, sky remains blue.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Mls is so gross right now lmao

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

straight up brolic posted:

Giovinco and Altidore recreating the Master Blaster scene from Mad Max

Blaster wasn't that fat

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I thought Giovinco was half-decent, surely theres better clubs in Europe he could go to? Jozys taking up all the designated player super wages (like he will take up all the food in the club canteen) so he's not going to be making that much is he?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I thought Giovinco was half-decent, surely theres better clubs in Europe he could go to? Jozys taking up all the designated player super wages (like he will take up all the food in the club canteen) so he's not going to be making that much is he?

He'll be the 2nd highest paid player in MLS if the rumors are true, just a bit less than Kaka makes.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

RVProfootballer posted:

How often was Debuchy injured at Newcastle?

tbf getting pushed into the advertising hoardings by a stoke and dislocating your shoulder isn't the same as a soft tissue injury sustained while undertaking a brisk walk which is what usually happens

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

tbf getting pushed into the advertising hoardings by a stoke and dislocating your shoulder isn't the same as a soft tissue injury sustained while undertaking a brisk walk which is what usually happens

He would still be fit and healthy if he hadn't decided diving at a player to win a foul was a great idea while being a leightweight.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Byolante posted:

He would still be fit and healthy if he hadn't decided diving at a player to win a foul was a great idea while being a leightweight.

By diving and being a light weight you mean going for a 50-50 ball, getting there first, then being petulantly pushed by Arnautovic because it ended up a goal kick? But when you have a team of rugby players I guess that's not a concern.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

They're apparently going to pay him close to 7 million a year, which no Italian or european club was willing to do almost certainly. He'll never play for Italy again now, I hope he realizes that.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shoren posted:

By diving and being a light weight you mean going for a 50-50 ball, getting there first, then being petulantly pushed by Arnautovic because it ended up a goal kick? But when you have a team of rugby players I guess that's not a concern.

He dived at another player the way a lot of attackers do when they overkick a ball and gently caress it up, he just tryed to dive into a player who was strong enough not to get bowled over. Because he chose to leave his feet before contact was made he couldn't slow himself or mitigate the contact he decided to initiate and his momentum from running and diving made him fly much further than he would have had he tried a simple shoulder to shoulder clash like any normal footballer would. Also arsenal paved the edge of the pitch and made a hilarious deathtrap not unlinke the massive drops at the sides of old trafford.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Byolante posted:

He dived at another player the way a lot of attackers do when they overkick a ball and gently caress it up, he just tryed to dive into a player who was strong enough not to get bowled over. Because he chose to leave his feet before contact was made he couldn't slow himself or mitigate the contact he decided to initiate and his momentum from running and diving made him fly much further than he would have had he tried a simple shoulder to shoulder clash like any normal footballer would. Also arsenal paved the edge of the pitch and made a hilarious deathtrap not unlinke the massive drops at the sides of old trafford.
Lol you're an insane person

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Byolante is 100% correct, Debouchy is shamefully weak

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

They're apparently going to pay him close to 7 million a year, which no Italian or european club was willing to do almost certainly. He'll never play for Italy again now, I hope he realizes that.

I was about to ask whether he was having a hard time getting call-ups recently...

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Byolante posted:

Lmfao

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Aaron Ramsey's leg should never have been wearing such a slutty shinpad.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Despite being a guaranteed starter now for the rest of the season, Gomis has decided to announce on french tv that Swansea broke promises to him about playing time (when Bony was playing well and he couldn't hit a barn door), and that he is open to a move away to another PL club.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
A lot of money went on Laudrup for the Newcastle job over the weekend. He might be the mystery 3rd man that The Chronicle have been going on about.

The way he went out at Swansea, he'd loving hate Ashley and wouldn't last the season.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

kcer posted:

A lot of money went on Laudrup for the Newcastle job over the weekend. He might be the mystery 3rd man that The Chronicle have been going on about.

The way he went out at Swansea, he'd loving hate Ashley and wouldn't last the season.

He's a charlatan and Swansea were right to get rid of him

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
His name carries a lot of weight among players so he could bring in some decent names.

I don't think he's complete shite as a manager, but if things go bad he can't turn it around because he doesn't care about things like match prep, or training.

Hatem Ben Arfa would have loved him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sassassin posted:

Despite being a guaranteed starter now for the rest of the season, Gomis has decided to announce on french tv that Swansea broke promises to him about playing time (when Bony was playing well and he couldn't hit a barn door), and that he is open to a move away to another PL club.

Its a shame he's shite then and nobody will want him

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

Its a shame he's shite then and nobody will want him

It is.

I miss Michu.

Draws An 8
Mar 26, 2010
Swansea will be this year's Newcastle now that Bony is gone. Sell the best player in January and be poo poo for the rest of the year, yet still finish comfortably midtable due to every team below them being absolute dogshit.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea haven't sold Ki Sung Yeung

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Martin Ødegaard has agreed on a contract with Real Madrid and will sign for them as soon as the clubs have agreed on a fee.

He will be a part of the first team squad but will play for Castilla for the rest of the season, and his father will work as a coach or scout. The fee will be in the region of £2-3m.

Bayern was the preferred club for a long time and Guardiola did a lot to make him sign for them. Wenger also promised him first team action for Arsenal this season if he signed for them. Finally Real Madrid made them an offer it was impossible to refuse. It's quite exciting tbh.

http://www.dt.no/SISTE___degaard_takker_ja_til_Real-5-57-23627.html

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Reports in Italy today are putting Giovinco's TFC salary at $10m/yr, which would make him the highest paid player in MLS by a big margin.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

euroboy posted:

Finally Real Madrid made them an offer it was impossible to refuse.

Unsure if waking up beside Sergio Ramos' decapitated head would persuade me to sign, but I guess Scandinavians have different priorities.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Giovinco is going to loving destroy MLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

euroboy posted:

Martin Ødegaard has agreed on a contract with Real Madrid and will sign for them as soon as the clubs have agreed on a fee.

He will be a part of the first team squad but will play for Castilla for the rest of the season, and his father will work as a coach or scout. The fee will be in the region of £2-3m.

Bayern was the preferred club for a long time and Guardiola did a lot to make him sign for them. Wenger also promised him first team action for Arsenal this season if he signed for them. Finally Real Madrid made them an offer it was impossible to refuse. It's quite exciting tbh.

http://www.dt.no/SISTE___degaard_takker_ja_til_Real-5-57-23627.html

As it turns out, he's actually poo poo and overrated and I never wanted him anyway

• Locked thread