Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

maev posted:

I want that T-55a DDR tank so badly, someone tell me how to set an enemy tank on fire in a medium :argh:

It took me a long-rear end while to do this one, but morning came today and I was able to set a Spershing on fire with a snapshot to his side-back in my T20.

It really feels like it's just shooting the back of tanks (and sometimes the fronts) and hoping for a miracle. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Cardiac posted:

How bad is the KV-4 if we forget it sees tier 10?
I have been having fun in the KV-5 by playing aggressively and giving no gently caress, and if the KV-4 is somewhat similar it might be rather fun. Also since the ST-I seems like a fun tier9 heavy.

KV-4's main drawback is tier 10 matches. I liked it alot as top tier but it struggles against 9s and 10s just laugh at it.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Subyng posted:

It wasn't a suicide scout. I sat in a bush near lake on Lakeville and lit up the entire enemy team moving into city and middle road while my teammates took shots. I died trying to move in to flank. Nice assumptions though assholes, you don't get that much xp for a suiscout.

Pls no bulli! :ohdear:

OSad posted:

Pretty much a KV-5 that's better in every way, really. It handles itself acceptably in tier 9 matches and makes a mockery out of tier 8 tanks.

Well, the KV-4 has a better gun but miserable DPM.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Had a 7 kill game in my T-150 just a second ago. No replay or anything because it doesn't really matter. It was down to me with 40 health, dead driver with 2 blown tracks a shot engine and those round things are fuel tanks right? Yah those were orange too. The guy on the other team was an arty and he promptly called me fag at the 1 minute mark for not rushing down his cap just to get shot by his rear end sitting in the corner. I let it draw out. It was awesome, got like 10 different medals. I'm fairly new with around 750 battles but I've decided to blow my credits on equipment for the KV-1. When i'm top tier in a game there's not another tank I've had more fun with so far.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Cardiac posted:

How bad is the KV-4 if we forget it sees tier 10?

Seeing T10's is pretty much a killer for the KV-4. I have had some very funny T10 matches where I have used the hard angles and bounced heavy hitting TD's. but those matches only showed up a handful of time. Its slow, but not as slow as the KV-3 oddly, Its has a jarring weekpoint in its second turret. But, they got to have a high pen gun or be taller than you, and as such in T8 games it kinda becomes a fake weakpoint, since most tanks don't have a high pen gun yet, and you are taller than them

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I had my first battle in the AMX 50 100. I didn't charge to the front, tried to shoot from behind cover, and did more damage than my HP. It was a loss, but it was an adequate, credit gaining loss.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

RandomPauI posted:

I had my first battle in the AMX 50 100. I didn't charge to the front, tried to shoot from behind cover, and did more damage than my HP. It was a loss, but it was an adequate, credit gaining loss.

AMX 50 100 is probably some of the most fun you can have in this game (unless they somehow nerfed it in the past few patches)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
In some great I already had everything unlocked for the AMX 50 100 but the suspension and the next tank down the line.

KcDohl
Jun 18, 2004
LORK ON TEH CLORF
Dinosaur Gum

FalloutGod posted:

I let it draw out

A draw in this game is equivalent to a loss in xp/creds/whatever, there's literally no reason to not play for a win.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

KcDohl posted:

A draw in this game is equivalent to a loss in xp/creds/whatever, there's literally no reason to not play for a win.

I dunno, I see a draw as "gently caress you if I can't win than none of the 29 other people can't either."

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
To anybody having trouble with the light-SPG mission: I think the two mission objectives are not connected. Your 1500 spotting damage can come from anybody on your team, and your SPG buddies just need to deal their 1000 damage. The two objectives are not connected as far as I know.

Just got off a game where I got it, I dealt my 1500 spotting damage with no involvement from my buddies, then ended up dying like a fool. They picked up the slack and dealt their 1000 damage without any involvement from me, and I still got a mission complete.

I don't know if it's immediately obvious (I think it was for everyone but me) but this mission is a pain in the rear end and there might be some other people stuck on it trying to do both objectives at once, so there you go.

OSad fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 19, 2015

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Now, I am admittedly Extremely Bad At Tanks, but am I right in thinking the VK 16.02 Leopard is a pile of garbage that exists to be blown up? I started going down that line because gotta go fast, but I can't find any redeeming qualities, and it is always, always at the absolute bottom of the list.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
It almost feels like I'm a mission target for SPGs, I'm being singled out like crazy today and its getting frustrating as hell.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

The Lord of Hats posted:

Now, I am admittedly Extremely Bad At Tanks, but am I right in thinking the VK 16.02 Leopard is a pile of garbage that exists to be blown up? I started going down that line because gotta go fast, but I can't find any redeeming qualities, and it is always, always at the absolute bottom of the list.

Light tanks get matchmaking like a tank a tier above. So you'll quite often be bottom, and absolutely never on top. Don't use your gofast abilities to get into trouble quickly though. Use it to get to spotting positions, and make sure you stick the 3cm gun on the thing. You can squirt out 360 damage in a couple of seconds, and you have the speed to get behind poo poo to make sure all those shots pen. The reload is a killer, but it'll kinda prepare you for the French autoloaders.

Tl;dr: look for something to flank that's not paying attention, clip it, run the gently caress off while reloading.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Not always. Both the tier 4 Stuarts and the Crusader are capable of being top tier. It's loving glorious when it happens.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Lord of Hats posted:

Well, it IS a light tank, so it will pretty much always be at the bottom of the list, but as far as I remember the Leo was a pretty fun tank, even if it did take much more finesse than the Luchs. Now, I don't want to sound like a jerk, but you're using the 3cm gun, right? The 5cm is kind of a trap that limits you more than anything, the Leo is meant to be driven close to any distracted enemy so you can unload 12 rounds in a second into their soft, flabby rear, damaging the engine and possibly setting them on fire. Also getting marks of excellence is hilarious on such a tiny gun.

But yeah, German light tanks tend to be slightly harder to use than let's say american or chinese all-rounders light tanks because they always feel much more specialized. Leo isn't really good at passive spotting, VK2801 needs to shoot 105 HEAT like it's going out of fashion to survive instead of getting a reliable 75/76mm gun like its counterparts, Awful Panther had NO camo and feels like playing the regular Panther on suicide mode. Actually only the RU251 feels like an actually well thought out and reliable light tank, with a great gun, decent camo and good mobility.

Try to watch some good replays, maybe that will help to understand what the Leo is supposed to do.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Did they buff the 3 cm? I remember playing with that thing in companies, and I'd have to park myself behind artillery, dump a full magazine and that would take off maybe half of his health with every shot penetrating.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.
HT-15 ez.
MT-15 ez.
TD-15 ez.
LT-15 getting window lickers to target what your scouting is dam near impossible.
After 7 hours of this last mission.

JackDRipper fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 19, 2015

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Well, the KV-4 has a better gun but miserable DPM.

Yeah, I checked the stats for it and I am little bummed by the DPM, which is great on the KV-5 and highest among tier8 HTs.
The DPM works well with the KV-5 since you can get 2 shots in on an IS-6 for his 1 if one peek-a-booms.

Also, facing E-75, VK4502Bs and ST-Is is the biggest problem in the KV-5 since you can't really push them unless you flank and they just go through your frontal armour.
Facing tier10s will in other words be even worse, and I am already playing one tier8 with armour and piddly gun i.e. the AT-15.
I have also never seen a KV-4 as a threat. On the other hand, before I started driving a KV-5 I never saw them as a threat as well, which probably just shows the quality of the average KV-4 driver.
The reason for going up the IS-4 line would be to get the ST-I, which is a nasty tank to face, has decent mobility and a good gun. On the other hand I might as well just get the Tiger2 and start going for the E-75s.
Damnit, I just like playing weird tanks and making them work (except the loving A-44).

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So, I bought five tokens for the WZ-111 and completed two of the missions. I have the tank, so I'm guessing those tokens have been 'spent' now.

Does anyone know definitively if by buying another token it will, with near 100% certainty, convert to 2500g in a few hours' time, or is that only valid for you buying the token and then completing the mission the long way?

In other news, I've finally shot through almost all of my T54E1 APCR. Only two loads left.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jan 19, 2015

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So, I bought five tokens for the WZ-111 and completed two of the missions. I have the tank, so I'm guessing those tokens have been 'spent' now.

Does anyone know definitively if by buying another token it will, with near 100% certainty, convert to 2500g in a few hours' time, or is that only valid for you buying the token and then completing the mission the long way?

In other news, I've finally shot through almost all of my T54E1 APCR. Only two loads left.

Is it worth :10bux: to you to find out?

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I played the WZ-111 for a bit. It's good, but not $70 good; OTOH, it would complete my Type 59 / Type 62 / WZ-111 trifecta. Decisions.

Dalael posted:

drat I miss botes. All of you with Alpha are making me envious.

Have you tried logging in lately? My only notification that I'd been accepted into the alpha was a survey sent weeks later.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

maev posted:

I want that T-55a DDR tank so badly, someone tell me how to set an enemy tank on fire in a medium :argh:

It's easy enough, you just need to forget to activate the mission!
What worked for me in the end is using my Batchat, just unload a clip into the rear end of whatever random heavy tank you can single out.

Broken missions: The Ghost (LT-10?) might be broken too, I did it on malinovka, hidding in a bush at our spawn. Enemy, T54E1 and a light suicided so I got spotted and had to hide. After they were dead I went into the same bush but didn't really get an other 1k spotting damage (only had 1.2k according to the battle report), I was pissed off so decided I need a quick break, when I came back the match was over and the mission completed.
tl;dr: the remain hidden part might be broken

On the plus side, I managed to get all mission lines to the platoon stage this weekend, now I just need some poor guys to platoon with me.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Lazyhound posted:

Have you tried logging in lately? My only notification that I'd been accepted into the alpha was a survey sent weeks later.

I try twice a week, the download page is always access restricted :saddowns:

Edit: Before I drop all my credits on one sale tank before it ends, does anyone know if the On Track events are continuing in 2015?

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jan 19, 2015

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Victory
Swamp
T37
Experience received:1.650 Credits received 33.735
Battle achievements 3 Marks of Excellence, Mastery Badge: "I Class"

:toot:

Did they change the requirements? I've been away for a month, but I remember that I wasn't that close to the third mark. I noticed that all my tanks are higher.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Cippalippus posted:

Victory
Swamp
T37
Experience received:1.650 Credits received 33.735
Battle achievements 3 Marks of Excellence, Mastery Badge: "I Class"

:toot:

Did they change the requirements? I've been away for a month, but I remember that I wasn't that close to the third mark. I noticed that all my tanks are higher.

i dont think they changed the requirements, but theres probably more scrubs who have the tank now than just after they released the tree.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

subhelios posted:

Is it worth :10bux: to you to find out?

Well, I don't have an extra 5000g in my account, so I'm guessing that once I received the tank, all 'tokens' I had were invalidated, meaning all I got out of completing the two missions was six days of premium.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

JackDRipper posted:

HT-15 ez.
MT-15 ez.
TD-15 ez.
LT-15 getting window lickers to target what your scouting is dam near impossible.
After 7 hours of this last mission.

You can do the missions out of order? I thought you had to do the light one first and it's a total pain in the rear end.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
You can have one active per tree, after you finished a mission, you can also go back and improve the result for the bonus. For example I finished all missions up to the ones where you have to platoon, I went back and activated some I didn't have the bonus and got those done during "normal" play.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Cippalippus posted:

Depends on when you last played Cippa, they did lower the requirements once, but it's already been quite a while since they did.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tahirovic posted:

You can have one active per tree, after you finished a mission, you can also go back and improve the result for the bonus. For example I finished all missions up to the ones where you have to platoon, I went back and activated some I didn't have the bonus and got those done during "normal" play.

Oh, mine only has the light tree open, the other 3 are all locked, I must have not done something somewhere.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

NTRabbit posted:

I try twice a week, the download page is always access restricted :saddowns:

If you are on the WoWS forums (which you should be) send a message to Gunlion.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Aramoro posted:

Oh, mine only has the light tree open, the other 3 are all locked, I must have not done something somewhere.

They shouldn't be. The sets of missions to unlock the later tanks will show as locked, but the first mission from each tank class should be available under the missions to unlock the tier 5 TD. There's nothing you need to do or not do for this.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

demonR6 posted:

Some are some aren't. I think some people got different emails.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I totally missed the Beta weekend signups for WoWS sadly, I hope it opens up soon that would be cool.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

demonR6 posted:

I'm on the forums, I've just never been accepted into the alpha, and I even filled out the survey after the last beta weekend

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Is the T29 still a good tank for pubstomping in Tier 7?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

unlimited shrimp posted:

Is the T29 still a good tank for pubstomping in Tier 7?

Yes, it is still the best Tier 7 heavy.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

NTRabbit posted:

I'm on the forums, I've just never been accepted into the alpha, and I even filled out the survey after the last beta weekend

I think I read somewhere that if you were in the last BW you would be invited again but no one is answering on the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Being in bw should guarantee access to the next one. If you got alpha access, your BW email should reflect it.