Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
strongest z fighter
This poll is closed.
goku 71 18.39%
vegeta 43 11.14%
gohan 37 9.59%
hercule 235 60.88%
Total: 386 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Gold Roger's started the Great Age of Piracy. :(

Yet the Will of D lives on, my brother.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Chuunibyo is a crime against humanity despite it's good start because it popularized the whole chuuni poo poo which is really annoying.

Isn't this just like what happened with 'Denpa' characters a few years ago?

e: Kinda like a chuuni, but instead of being goofy kids / teenagers / manchildren, the delusional person is a bit more dangerous. Like the lead girl from Denpa Teki na Kanojo, or the girl that was trying to be like a cheap-rear end version of Batman in the Boogiepop anime. Or, for a slightly more recent example: Imagine Homura from Madoka Magica with the same attitude but without the magical girl powers.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I'm okay with Nui, her role is pretty much identical to a lot of characters in other shows, a big dangerously powerful recurring opponent for the latter arcs of a show of a show that is psychopathic and not at all redeemable, except where those are usually ugly deformed dudes they made her aggressively kawaii sugoi and flash animated which i find funny

Also what the hell is a denpa character

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i watched hataraku maou sama, its cool but too shouneny kinda

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i want emi and mao to gently caress already

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Chuunibyo is a crime against humanity despite it's good start because it popularized the whole chuuni poo poo which is really annoying.

Por favor what is "Chuuni?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Chuuni is when you're a middle school dork who thinks they have anime powers, especially when you're not in middle school anymore.

Edit: My experience with chuuni was when my friend in middle school told me that Naruto was based off of his own real-life experiences.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Harime Nui posted:

Por favor what is "Chuuni?"
Here.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im chuuni and theres no cure for my byou

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Ah yes I also used to tell people I had superpowers on IRC in middle school. I was good buddies with an expert gunslinger and a dragon. Also the dragon was wufei, from gundam wing.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hung out with normal people and played sports after school what the hell was wrong with you people. Jesus Christ.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Some cultures consider bragging a sport....

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Beef Waifu posted:

Wouldn't that basically constitute hate-sex? I mean Mao is kinda responsible for her dad getting gibbed after she got taken by the church. Of course, that might be up your alley and whatnot. Not here to judge, o' beefy one.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Two of my friends want Chii to get with Maou instead of Emi and it takes all my willpower not to beat them up. Like seriously, come on...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why can't you people discuss shipping that actually matters, like my monogatari shipping chart

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

Wouldn't that basically constitute hate-sex? I mean Mao is kinda responsible for her dad getting gibbed after she got taken by the church. Of course, that might be up your alley and whatnot. Not here to judge, o' beefy one.

First of all, hate-sex owns. Secondly, like the entire show is about her realizing he actually isn't the devil despite being the devil and becoming his friend and I like her a whole lot more than Chii's who only got big titties.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

why can't you people discuss shipping that actually matters, like my monogatari shipping chart

I don't know what that is

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

I don't know what that is

here's my monogatari shipping chart:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

here's my monogatari shipping chart:

this is anarchy

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Not sure how you guys are forgetting Ashiya in here. Incredibly disrespectful, imo.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

chumbler posted:

Not sure how you guys are forgetting Ashiya in here. Incredibly disrespectful, imo.

Maybe we wouldn't forget him if he didn't take so long to get his Demon Lord Mantle, gosh. Although, I love how on the verge of death he asks Maou to wait for discounts to go see movies. And it looks like Rika's interested in him. :3: (I really liked Devil is a Part Timer, I should go make more gifs. I would love for a season 2.)

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 19, 2015

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

what are you guys watching and is it any good

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Both Jojo and Durarara are really good.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Gundam Reconguista is taking its dear sweet time to go anywhere.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

everythingWasBees posted:

YuGiOh ARC-V is surprisingly alright
JoJo obviously
Kamen Rider Drive is okay
and I can't tell if Gundam Reconguista is stupid or if I'm stupid because it's all over the goddamn place and doesn't tell the audience anything

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's my in-progress list

Gundam ZZ - Good
Yugioh Season 2 - Good
Rookies - Good
One-Punch Man (ONE) - Good
JoJo - Good
Buffy the Vampire Slayer S4 - Good

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm only watching Parasyte, Bahamut, and Death Parade. Which are all good, except I'm afraid Death Parade might end up nosediving but who knows.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh right

Rolling girls - Good
YuriKuma - I dunno

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm only watching Parasyte, Bahamut, and Death Parade. Which are all good, except I'm afraid Death Parade might end up nosediving but who knows.

i need to finish bahamut

the second episode of death parade was kinda lame imo since it spent too much time just expositing the previous episode. hope that was a one time thing

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

WATCH ROLLING GIRLS BEES

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah if they end up making "death game" and then "explanation episode" a trend I think it'll ruin the show so I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I started Yugioh Arc-V today and it's been pretty enjoyable from episode 3 onwards. Also in progress on Patlabor OVA, Level E, and Irresponsible Captain Tylor which are all great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Beef Waifu posted:

I want a second season already

Beef Waifu posted:

I like her a whole lot more than Chii's who only got big titties.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Beef Waifu posted:

Nui Harime is a bad character and I will not tolerate sig posting of her because her face is terrible

I made that sig!! :mad:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

good shows this season:

death parade
durarara
yoru no yatterman
rolling girls

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I saw the trailer for Yuri Bears a ways back, I've not actually watched anything really recently, is Yuri Bears great or is it a trainwreck in progress

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im watching:

hunter x hunter

that's it

its good

kurapika is my husband

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Character of the season is Crocodile Head Man from Rolling Girls.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I've been slacking on finishing Zeta Gundam, ironically due to playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam. Should also really finish Kamen Rider W sometime. Otherwise I've been watching Bodacious Space Pirates and most of the shows currently airing that are interesting. Build Fighters, Jojo, and Shirobako is what I look forward to each week though. I'm hoping Yatterman will be good though.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

I saw the trailer for Yuri Bears a ways back, I've not actually watched anything really recently, is Yuri Bears great or is it a trainwreck in progress

i really like it but i don't think most people do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Here's my in-progress list

Gundam ZZ - Good
Yugioh Season 2 - Good
Rookies - Good
One-Punch Man (ONE) - Good
JoJo - Good
Buffy the Vampire Slayer S4 - Good

wait is this your first time through Buffy?

• Locked thread