Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
I was only there because the father is my partner's best friend from college and I figured they both needed the moral support. His family is Jewish and very observant so it's SOP for them, but I'm not so I'm squeamish as hell about it.

FWIW if we ever have a son I'm leaving his junk the hell alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Working on a car with the sun beating on the back of your neck with a massive hangover is loving awful.

I need to get this done before the Pats game but I'm currently laying on the couch slamming water and I just ughhhh

Quite A Tool fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 18, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Never thought I'd read a few pages about dick cutting on AI.

Hung over catte

Bitch to climb, unbelieveable amount of fun everywhere else. I think I want a fat bike :D

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

In other news, went to the Central FL Highland Games today with my family, it was pretty fun. Had haggis for the first time, I think i'm a believer; not too bad at all.

Didn't get to sit for the whisky tasting like I wanted to, though; sisters and mom had obligations so we had to leave early. Probably go again next year.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Cat Terrist posted:

Never thought I'd read a few pages about dick cutting on AI.

Nothing surprises me here anymore. This is what happens when you're part of a dysfunctional internet forum family :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Fucknag posted:

In other news, went to the Central FL Highland Games today with my family, it was pretty fun. Had haggis for the first time, I think i'm a believer; not too bad at all.

Didn't get to sit for the whisky tasting like I wanted to, though; sisters and mom had obligations so we had to leave early. Probably go again next year.

Where in central florida? That sounds like something I might want to check out next year.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Ah I forgot, I should a PM ed you when Holdbrooks stopped through, we ate at Smokey D's. He didn't kill me, A+++ would hang out again!!!

Probably wouldn't have caught me, I've been down with the plague for the last two weeks. Idiot kids I work with refuse to use their sick days for actually staying home when they're contagious, so the office has been a petri dish.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Liquid Communism posted:

Probably wouldn't have caught me, I've been down with the plague for the last two weeks. Idiot kids I work with refuse to use their sick days for actually staying home when they're contagious, so the office has been a petri dish.

Well poo poo. Shoot me a pm, I have air tools, beer and a smoker. AI Midwest: where 3 hours is still close!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
.......and the town salt truck just bowled a strike through my neighbors driveway

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
no one was in any of the cars I hope :ohdear:

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Cat Terrist posted:

Bitch to climb, unbelieveable amount of fun everywhere else. I think I want a fat bike :D

Oh my God. Tell me more :o:

meltie fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 19, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Elmnt80 posted:

Where in central florida? That sounds like something I might want to check out next year.

Central Winds Park in Winter Springs, right next to the high school.

It's pretty sweet, a bunch of Scottish clans had tents set up. Shitload of food vendors + trucks. And they have sport tournaments, caber toss and poo poo like that.

http://www.flascot.com/ is the site for it.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
Hanging out with the MSP snapchat goons:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

meltie posted:

Oh my God. Tell me more :o:

Heavy as all gently caress (for a bike), but you can tip it into a corner at just about any speed you can get it up to. Rolls over drat near anything. Comfy. Really handles surprisingly well. Also you can get major air time and it's "Yeah? And?". The looser the surface, the better it goes.

An absolute riot to ride and I had a huge poo poo eating grin. It seems like it should be slow but it isnt. It looks like it should be horrible to turn but that DEFINATLY is not the case. Those huge tyres also give it grip levels no MTB can match, so not only will it rip into a sweeping bank as hard or harder than a racing MTB, it will simply outstop anything on gravel. It's very much a love hate thing, at the test day I was at a few riders handed it back hating it, but the lineup got huge as more riders came back raving about how ridiculously good a fat bike is. Also really doesn't need suspension, the tyres do all the work anyway and I locked it out.

I wouldn't trade one in as a main MTB, it's simply too heavy and it's not as agile as a smaller bike. But I would see one as a perfect N+1.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fat bikes are great for the beach, they roll over deep sand like butter. Been seeing a lot of them around here.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I was less than thrilled when I rode one last summer. Going to try one in the snow at some point soon though. Basically I was expecting to have a little better grip but it could have been those tires and the pressures I had in them (although I ended up too low). Also things get out of control in a hurry when you pick up some decent speed. All that rotational weight means you are pretty much just along for the ride.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

VikingSkull posted:

.......and the town salt truck just bowled a strike through my neighbors driveway

Not even parking your cars can keep them safe from salt anymore :(

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Brigdh posted:

I got carded for buying superglue yesterday. I wasn't aware superglue had become the new sudafed. My opinion of humanity dropped even further.

Doesn't surprise me.. We get carded in CA for buying spray paint and other things already including sudafed which is how they determine your household max purchasable amount per month which is usually enough for 2 people so if you have a multi-family household like a lot of people in this area you're absolutely hosed, sickness be damned. I guess superglue is just the next step.

edit: also Holdbrooks & Goatse Guy's snapchats = :3:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Welp.... Just takes an ex to take the wind out of your sails.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

On the newest episode of cops there was some dude called the cops because someone stole his car and crashed it. he was going on about how the dude who stole his car crashed it must have crashed it because it pulls to the right on full throttle because it's turbo charged. and going on about how amazing and powerful and turbocharged it is. and how not just anybody could drive it because it's so powerful and turbocharged.

it's a saab 9-3.

he left it neutral and it rolled down thie hill and hit a parked car.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Did the Cops at least make fun of him when it came out?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

Did the Cops at least make fun of him when it came out?

They ere pretty much making fun of him the whole time.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

Powershift posted:

On the newest episode of cops there was some dude called the cops because someone stole his car and crashed it. he was going on about how the dude who stole his car crashed it must have crashed it because it pulls to the right on full throttle because it's turbo charged. and going on about how amazing and powerful and turbocharged it is. and how not just anybody could drive it because it's so powerful and turbocharged.

it's a saab 9-3.

Sounds like Viggen's making the most of his probation.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Powershift posted:

it's a saab 9-3.

Ahaha, I watched the same episode. It sounded like he was feeling torque steer when driving, but had no clue. "When it is in second and you floor it, it pulls right/"

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Soooooooooooooo I have a new job in the same factory I got let go from. I now work in the manufacturing part. I work on the Ford F-250/F-350 frame line. I get paid well, but drat; I'm pulling 12 hour shifts 7 days a week; hence my lack of posting on here anymore. I had to take today off though since I hosed up my arm and now it's been going numb from the shoulder down. I think I may have pinched a nerve. If anyone is interested, I'll take some pictures of where I work (I'll have to do it covertly) and show you all how we assemble and build frames for both the Ford F-150 and the F-250/F-350 and their variants from beginning to end!

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Well I'm broke now. The loving excess fees for making a claim when you're an 18 year old driver are insane.

I'm an idiot and I pulled out of a park without looking and t-boned one of my classmates (well, I hit the front so not a perfect t-bone). His corner panels and bumper are hosed now. Thought it would be all good because of my liability insurance but nope, $600 base fee plus $700 for being under 19.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Jeeps Rule

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 20, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So a few months ago I had the power steering recall done. Prior to that, it would occasionally blow the fuse for the power steering.

Started the car today. Car immediately dings and shows the power steering message. Turn it off, start it again, same thing. gently caress.

Got about a mile from work and heard a loud click from somewhere in the dash (some kind of relay). Message went away, power steering said "oh hey I'll take it from here" while going through a turn (which lead to an "ohshit" moment, since it took a moment for me to react to the assist returning - long enough that I cut the turn a lot harder than I meant to and kissed the curb), and it's been working fine ever since. :iiam:

Tomorrow I'm going to record the cold-start and see if the message pops up on the dash again. If it does, I'll get it back to the odometer, then go to the dealer and tell them it can be reproduced by letting it sit overnight. Already filed a complaint with GM, since the recall obviously didn't fix something. You'd think it would just lock out power to the PS assist motor once it's detected a failure though, instead of letting it come back on its own. :psypop:

Ferremit posted:

Looks like i'll have to go find a chemist tomorrow and do the whole "Your not making meth, are you?" song and dance and give them my ID so I can actually get some pseudoephedrine and stop my GOD drat NOSE RUNNING!

loving Australian drug laws.

It's not just Australia; anything with pseudoephedrine is kept behind the counter here too. Have to show an ID, can only buy limited quantities, etc.

mariooncrack posted:

Cablechat: Just found out that having cable TV lets me stream full episodes of the Simpsons online. Hooray?

Most of the major entertainment TV networks (both OTA and cable-only) allow you to do this, if your cable provider has tied their login authentication into their streaming services (the big ones all have; you need the cable account login info for the first time).

I have the Fox app on my Roku strictly for watching The Simpsons.

Your cable company may have an app that lets you stream stuff like CNN, Fox News, etc to your phone as well (live). Verizon lets me stream something like 30 channels or so to my phone.

iForge posted:

I'm kinda bad at this game.

I missed something, what game IS this?

The starter is really easy to replace on that model. :haw:

The LS400 is a pretty solid luxury car aside from that. And RWD. :getin:

InitialDave posted:

I don't have much of a sense of humour about it. People who think it's A-ok to cut of part off their child's penis for no reason are barbaric monsters, and need to be stopped.

The majority of my friends have kids, and they occasionally bring it up. Almost all of these friends claim to be circumcised (one of them is a bi ex-bf, so I'm.. quite familiar with his circumcision) - and pretty much all of them claim that the kid's hot dog is still in the bun.

it was, and AFAIK, up until very recently, still very common in the US (and doctors as a whole in the US are only now starting to change their stance on it - the American Association of Pediatrics has only somewhat recently started suggesting it only if it's medically necessary, instead of all the time).

Mom recently told me they had to get me snipped twice. I don't want to know what the gently caress lead to that (or why she felt the need to tell me). At least the second go round appears to have been done properly (I mean, I've seen my share of dicks, it looks like nearly every other snipped dong).

meatpimp posted:

That's a bit strong... it's not like there was anything other than full societal acceptability of the practice when you were born... I'm cut and it's never caused me the slightest bit of issue, nor have any of the recipients ever had any issues with it...

I've never had any issues either, aside from the common issue with being a bit desensitized. I switched to boxers from briefs in my teens, and that pretty much got rid of the issue.

It's common enough in the US that I've only been with two guys that were uncut - and both had parents from countries where circumcision isn't common.

Cat Terrist posted:

Hung over catte

Catte chat: The Dude hauled rear end and successfully escaped into the back yard tonight when I was bringing the dog in. Then stopped dead in his tracks once he realized "... gently caress, I'm outside", and tried to make a beeline for the shrubs. I felt like a drat football quarterback trying to intercept him every time he'd try to run for somewhere else to hide, then felt like a sheep herder trying to get him back toward the back door (which has a self-closing glass door, so when he'd get to it, he'd realize it was closed and take off in another direction).

Thankfully we have an 8 foot tall wood fence, and no gaps large enough for a cat to fit through, so he would have likely (hopefully) remained in the yard. But there's poo poo for lighting in the actual yard, and I didn't want to play the "find the hiding cat with the flashlight or water hose while trying to avoid stepping in dog poo poo" bit.

krampster2 posted:

Well I'm broke now. The loving excess fees for making a claim when you're an 18 year old driver are insane.

I'm an idiot and I pulled out of a park without looking and t-boned one of my classmates (well, I hit the front so not a perfect t-bone). His corner panels and bumper are hosed now. Thought it would be all good because of my liability insurance but nope, $600 base fee plus $700 for being under 19.

Wait, you're having to pay a deductible for the damage to their car? :psyduck:

Or is that for the damage to your car? Either way, that's loving nuts. When I hit someone several years ago, I didn't have to pay anything for the damage to the other person's car (insurance covered it), but I had to pay my $500 deductible to get my car fixed. Then got rear end raped on my rates the next time my policy renewed.

Speaking of, my policy with USAA is up for renewal, so I figured I'd shop Amica again (my last insurance company). They want almost $350/month for the same coverage I have with USAA (which is $103/month). I used to pay $90/month when I was with them before, for almost the same coverage (only difference being I didn't have rental coverage with them). :stonk: And adding my mom to the policy brought it to over $400/month, whereas with USAA, having her on it knocks $30/month off.

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

A recent windstorm knocked down a bunch of cactus in my backyard - I planted it years ago and it grew too high too fast, and was smashed down by a nearbye tree branch. Turns out it has certain desirable properties to uh, collectors, so I tried listing a few pieces online and welp - by the time I sell it all off I can partially fund new offroad tires for the XJ.

:drum: :shroom::kheldragar::lsd::ssh:

.... GO ON..

Devyl posted:

Soooooooooooooo I have a new job in the same factory I got let go from. I now work in the manufacturing part. I work on the Ford F-250/F-350 frame line.

Congrats! Except for the nerve anyway.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jan 19, 2015

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Just when I thought everything was going well, first the fuel pump problem, now centrelink cut off unemployment/sickness pay and healthcare to pay for treatment and stuff.
gently caress knows what I'm doing wrong with them, but there goes my plans.
The system is so hosed you have to be a professional at gaming the system to get anything out of them. I'm useless at it because I have never asked for help before.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jan 19, 2015

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

some texas redneck posted:

Wait, you're having to pay a deductible for the damage to their car? :psyduck:

Or is that for the damage to your car? Either way, that's loving nuts. When I hit someone several years ago, I didn't have to pay anything for the damage to the other person's car (insurance covered it), but I had to pay my $500 deductible to get my car fixed. Then got rear end raped on my rates the next time my policy renewed.

Speaking of, my policy with USAA is up for renewal, so I figured I'd shop Amica again (my last insurance company). They want almost $350/month for the same coverage I have with USAA (which is $103/month). I used to pay $90/month when I was with them before, for almost the same coverage (only difference being I didn't have rental coverage with them). :stonk: And adding my mom to the policy brought it to over $400/month, whereas with USAA, having her on it knocks $30/month off.

Yeah the deductible fee is for the damage to their car, my car came off alright and doesn't need fixing. Just looks a bit ugly because the bumper is detached from the corner panel a bit with some scratching around the edge. If the cost of getting his car fixed is less than the deductible payment though I won't go through insurance. Never heard of a panel beater charging less than $1300 to bang a front end back into shape though.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Fo3 posted:

Just when I thought everything was going well, first the fuel pump problem, now centrelink cut off unemployment/sickness pay and healthcare to pay for treatment and stuff.
gently caress knows what I'm doing wrong with them, but there goes my plans.
The system is so hosed you have to be a professional at gaming the system to get anything out of them. I'm useless at it because I have never asked for help before.

My SO is saying the same thing - it's just loving retarded. And yet if you are a fat turd who did nothing to get her wealth, you can get billion dollar handouts without question for a dubious coal mine.

gently caress the LNP wiht a crowbar and their loving rear end in a top hat mining mates.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Worst part about centrelink are their online systems. Don't think the government is capable of making a single working website. Pretty much every time I've had to use centrelink's online services it has experienced some error and rendered the site unusable.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
That's the problem I'm having, I applied in person early Nov (after spending all my savings on food and rent), I was knocked back at the office branch, told to do it online instead. I was pretty confused because how the hell can you show an original of your licence/passport or other ID online?
Half the time I tried to use the centrelink site it was down. And in Dec my application was knocked back for not being completed. I did manage to get some stuff uploaded once like medical certificate, bank account etc. Try to call them for help and it's either just an engaged signal or over 1 hr wait.

Anyway, I went back to a centrelink branch office again late Dec and they didn't do much else but book me in for a phone call appointment!?
Apparently I passed that and got two payments from them only, now my payments are terminated due to lack of paperwork/ID stuff.

Both times I went in person (the best/quickest way to hand over originals and paperwork), and they either won't be interested, ie turn you away and say to do it online, or they do take copies - like when I went there the second time and I was insistent-, but doesn't reach the office of the people likely to cancel your payments anyway.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jan 19, 2015

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

If only you were 1/64th aboriginal or something, then it would be easy

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
gently caress off with that poo poo. This is AI, not bash a minority.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

So my mother got pulled over yesterday.

For speeding... 42 mph in a 40. :stare: She tends to go under the speed limit, and 2 mph is within the accepted range of error for even laser.

The cops had her out of the car and frisked her (I should remind you she has handicapped plates and needs a cane) demanding to know why she didn't have a current insurance card. Hers expired a month ago, stepdad never handed her a new one. The catch is Texas cops can look up your current insurance status in about 10 seconds; I paid for her car registration online last week, and to verify insurance, you either upload a scanned/picture copy of your insurance card, or if it's in the state database, you just get an "Insurance verified" message. I got the insurance verified message, the car has brand loving new plates on it (2 days old), and a brand new registration sticker. The cop was in her face ripping her a new rear end in a top hat saying he could take her to jail for not having proof of insurance (not true on a first offense) and impound the car (true) and sell the car immediately (not true unless it's abandoned or tied to felonies). She was in tears when she called me about it. How the gently caress did she get a brand new registration and plates without insurance? :psyduck:

Did I mention she's closer to 70 than 60?

I just wish she'd gotten something in writing, so I could identify the cop, but I fully intend to file a complaint with the police department about it (neighboring city, not our home city, but that intersection divides the cities). She was smart enough to start the voice recorder on her phone when she got pulled over, so there's (poor) audio of the whole incident. She was nothing but polite to him, while he was a complete and utter rear end in a top hat. I've been pulled over in that city a couple of times, but it's been 15 years since my last ticket there, and the cops were ... human. I was polite, they relaxed a bit and thanked me for being polite. This guy was a full on rear end in a top hat to someone 3 times his age, someone that's had double hip replacements and is still recovering.

From what she told me, the cop was actually out of his jurisdiction when he flipped on the lights too - he flipped on the lights in the middle of an intersection, when their jurisdiction ends at the crosswalk (it's part of my delivery area, I'm very familiar with it, and know plenty of cops in both cities).

e: VVV what the gently caress? good that it's easier to drag a nearly 70 year old who can barely walk out of their car?

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 19, 2015

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Not bashing them just saying it's easier. It's good that it is.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I think he means the aussie benefits

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

He/she should probably add a quote then; that reply wasn't there when I finished my original post, it only popped up when I threw in an edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

Cakefool posted:

I think he means the aussie benefits
Yes he does. Being pulled over for 2 over and being given rough treatment by cops sure sounds like a 'benefit' of living in Victoria, Australia. :v:
gently caress that state.

• Locked thread