Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Where can I buy biscuit hammer physically and how much is it going to cost me because I'm tempted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's 15 for the first two volumes on amazon, it seems

i thought they were just releasing it in two omnibusses, was i mislead?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Your local neighborhood amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Lucifer-Biscu...+biscuit+hammer

Only one (oversized) volume out so far, next one is due Feb, 17th.

Or right from Seven Seas' site as well:
http://www.gomanga.com/books/lucifer-and-the-biscuit-hammer/123

Cake Attack posted:

it's 15 for the first two volumes on amazon, it seems

i thought they were just releasing it in two omnibusses, was i mislead?

it's three on the the publisher's site :eng101:

edit: wait poo poo if it's only 2 volumes per omnibus that'll be a lot more.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 19, 2015

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

Cake Attack posted:

yeah it seems to be coming to a conclusion, although i'm not sure it's quite the final arc yet since he's still got one life before fortuna

There's still dealing with the Spacifica mystery too, and his phone call from chapter one is probably gonna put the death duel on hold (probably his mom going into labor, idk what impact that will have on him and Kouko's business though)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

my bullshit guess which will be proven wrong next chapter is that his next life will be spacifica

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
I just put up the second half of Sanjin Sadou, Mizukami's first published work. Pretty typical antihero shonen, all told, but with a pretty remarkably clumsy rushed "oh poo poo they're cutting me off" ending. Interesting to see how many concepts are reused in his other work, really seems to speak to all the stuff he liked and wanted to explore and didn't get a chance to.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
I reread Hoshi no Samidare after hearing that Crunchyroll had a better translation. To be honest, I felt a little let down by the first ten-fifteen chapters as the 'dark secret' behind Yuuhi's past got a little too melodramatic too fast for my tastes. But then the rest of the Beast Knights show up and the story became just as good as I remembered. Spirit Circle's premise works well with Mizukami's storytelling since it lets him do the whole 'reflections on childhood/adulthood/growing up' in a lot of different ways without spending too much time on setup.

Also, Princess Anima's whole outfit/appearance is totally taken from Karen of Fate/Hollow Ataraxia

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Sengoku Youku 65 http://bato.to/read/_/299254/sengoku-youko_v12_ch65_by_vexed-scans

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I suppose that was a development that was fated to happen eventually in SY.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

is the only place to read the Spirit Circle story on crunchyroll?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

is the only place to read the Spirit Circle story on crunchyroll?

Legally, yes.

Nate RFB posted:

I suppose that was a development that was fated to happen eventually in SY.

I'm hoping this means that the side cast gets to shine some more as they try to go follow Senya.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There are scans of the first 20 or so chapters still floating around but the group doing them (Epoxy Bulletin's) stopped once CR entered the picture.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

can you read the manga and stuff on cr if you use one of the free passes?

if yes someone give me a pass. if no gently caress crunchyroll

----------------

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

can you read the manga and stuff on cr if you use one of the free passes?

if yes someone give me a pass. if no gently caress crunchyroll
Pony up a little money, cheapo

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Pony up a little money, cheapo

im never going to pay crunchyroll

----------------

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

im never going to pay crunchyroll

Why

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Because they don't actually offer any manga, even after pretending they do.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

:pwn:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

tonberrytoby posted:

Because they don't actually offer any manga, even after pretending they do.
...What?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pay up you babies

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Well I did use that free trial, after I heard the rumors that they were offering spirit circle. And for 95% of the manga it just never displayed any pages. The browser app just kept loading forever without ever displaying anything resembling a warning or error message. After trying over 10 browser/os combinations I installed the android app.
This one just said that nobody on crunchyroll had ever heard of that manga called spirit circle.
It did only list the 4 really lovely manga that crunchyroll actually offered, which also loaded without problems on my browser.

So yeah, that is my experience with crunchyroll. No manga actually offered.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sounds like your computer is stupid and dumb. Maybe an ad blocker issue? Crunchyroll used to give me fits on Chrome, but eventually things fixed.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I sometimes have problems with CR and my VPN, where I have to turn it off to get all of their stuff to display (otherwise it only shows like 3 series or something), but once I do it's always worked fine.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Sounds like your computer is stupid and dumb. Maybe an ad blocker issue? Crunchyroll used to give me fits on Chrome, but eventually things fixed.
The addblocker on 3 different Pcs in 2 locations? Also somehow making the android app misbehave in exactly the same way that the official website used to react when you search for an anime that they hadn't licensed in your country?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah. Look into that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
When it's a problem nobody else is having, it's probably something to do with your browser/adblocker/something on your computer(s).

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Every once in a while their web reader will bug out on me in a sorta similar fashion (usually when trying to read something supposed to have been just released) but usually works just fine.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

When it's a problem nobody else is having, it's probably something to do with your browser/adblocker/something on your computer(s).
From what I understand everyone who isn't American has that problem. And anyways there is no way I can find out if the problem is solved without paying them money first.

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!
Nope. British, and have been reading Spirit Circle on CR since they got it with no problems.

Think it might be you dude.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

I did go for a new free trial. The number of manga is now up to 30 (most of which are still terrible).

Searching for spirit circle now also clearly tells me that nobody at crunchyroll has ever talked about a manga of this name:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah that seems like a problem on your end mate.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Does the free trial give you access to everything, or just a limited number of manga?

Absum
May 28, 2013

That page is what you get if the manga or anime isn't available in your country so either the country you are in doesn't get access to lot's of manga or it's cause of a VPN.

I've been travelling between two countries fairly frequently recently and one of them has almost no manga compared to the other so I know what it looks like.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
I can almost guarantee someone probably ripped the chapters from CR and put em up elsewhere, so whatever you do please please do not just start googling

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

(Big rear end Spirit Circle Character Listing)

This was really helpful when I did a reread up to the latest chapter, but I noticed one mistake you made/character you missed.

Flor's Son isn't Fuuta's Brother reincarnated, but has the same face as Elia (the dude that Carol dates) from the sixth life:

I don't think he's shown up in the present time yet, but he might show up as a love interest for Nono since they seemed to be hitting it off before the world exploded.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz
New Spirit Circle is up. Go get it from your usual place.

I detect a new animated GIF coming up:
http://imgur.com/VSmJkHF (not even a spoiler)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think you mean 30 (since that's where that .gif is from). 31 is still the latest for me on CR at least, which came out earlier this month.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

buzmeg posted:

New Spirit Circle is up. Go get it from your usual place.

I detect a new animated GIF coming up:
http://imgur.com/VSmJkHF (not even a spoiler)

WHAT!?

Yeah, like Nate said, that's not the latest chapter at all.

Anyway, just preordered the third omnibus of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer off of Amazon. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

30 just got added to the various scanlation sites, so that's probably what happened there

it's about time for a new chapter though, isn't it?