Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Dolash posted:

To be honest I'm pretty curious how the three years on the meteor are going to be different now, and how everyone'll interact with each other in the new session. The Alpha kids probably turned out the same since Roxy only died after everyone arrived, but Jade spent the Battleship years alone and we've already gotten a glimpse at some changes in her as a result. The meteor crew have even more potential for change if Gamzee's contained and Vriska's alive, and if Terezi can put together that her alternate future self wanted to tell her "you don't need him" that might have a weird impact on her love life.

It's like we're back at the start of Act 6 all over again, with the same questions about how things will change for the kids and trolls and what they'll be like in-person.

It'll be interesting to see. Without having killed Vriska, Terezi will be a lot less depressed about herself and most certainly not fall into the thing with Gamzee. I'm not sure if she was meant to have that kind of relationship with Vriska, but it might go that way.
Dave stopped dating Terezi because he couldn't handle the way trolls' polyamory worked. Maybe he'd feel different if her hate-lover was another girl. It's not that out there but I wouldn't bet on it.
Remember the thing that got Rose to finally start dating Kanaya was because she wanted to do the troll thing in Terezi and Gamzee's relationship, so that's going to change. It was also the reason she became an alcoholic.
And that's not even considering the things that might change just by virtue of another person being there. Would Kanaya act differently with Vriska around, or just keep giving her the cold shoulder?

We can't really assume anything about what happened between them all. Though I guess the only thing that could change that isn't relationship bullshit is the two seers actually staying alert and useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Since we're only getting one more update I'm expecting what'll actually happen is everyone's dead and everything's in ruins again due to John not giving Terezi the wallet, and some other character will be lingering on as the sole survivor with a new laundry list of things for John to change.

Rinse and repeat until everyone gets a turn/that Simpsons Treehouse of Horror bit where Homer goes back in time and smashes everything.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I wonder what the Homestuck equivalent of that world where it rains doughnuts would be

Tenebrais posted:

Remember the thing that got Rose to finally start dating Kanaya was because she wanted to do the troll thing in Terezi and Gamzee's relationship, so that's going to change. It was also the reason she became an alcoholic.

I don't remember this actually! Do you have a link to the relevant bits?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I really wish we'll get to see some of the new time on the meteor, because seeing Vriska forced to spend time with Dave and Rose (not to mention Karkat) would be loving hilarious.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Renaissance Robot posted:

I don't remember this actually! Do you have a link to the relevant bits?

Around here.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Renaissance Robot posted:

I wonder what the Homestuck equivalent of that world where it rains doughnuts would be

John teleports into the past again, infuriated that he has to change things again. Nicolas Cage comes out of the kitchen to find out what all the shouting was about, the kids can only shrug helplessly.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Tenebrais posted:

Dave stopped dating Terezi because he couldn't handle the way trolls' polyamory worked. Maybe he'd feel different if her hate-lover was another girl. It's not that out there but I wouldn't bet on it.
Remember the thing that got Rose to finally start dating Kanaya was because she wanted to do the troll thing in Terezi and Gamzee's relationship, so that's going to change.

Oh God we really are having this shipping discussion aren't we.

I predict there will be no human-troll relationships by the end, which means the humans are very limited in who they can wind up with due to some of them being 'not a homosexual' and several of them being related and having absurd qualms with the notion of incest.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I think Rose started drinking partially because she couldn't handle being a auspistice between Terezi and Gamzee, but the main reason was that she was nervous about meeting her estranged teen mom.

Zoe posted:

I predict there will be no human-troll relationships by the end, which means the humans are very limited in who they can wind up with due to some of them being 'not a homosexual' and several of them being related and having absurd qualms with the notion of incest.
I was very close to agreeing with this, but then I remembered that Rose and Kanaya are still a thing, and I'm not sure if either of them is willing to terminate their relationship. Hell, if Rose gets her head back in the game, there could be no reason to terminate the relationship at all.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

paradoxGentleman posted:

I was very close to agreeing with this, but then I remembered that Rose and Kanaya are still a thing, and I'm not sure if either of them is willing to terminate their relationship. Hell, if Rose gets her head back in the game, there could be no reason to terminate the relationship at all.

Yeah but

Tenebrais posted:

The first part still stands even if we're going to argue it wasn't her entire reason for alcoholism. Though as far as I remember being nervous about the date was the main reason she got started with that, and I'll be happy to see the end of Kanaya and Rose's relationship (sorry, "Kanarose"..."Rosaya"? what's the official term, someone help me out here dirty shipper trap set) if it means Rose gets to be awesome again instead of an inept slobbering wreck. Whose bullshit Kanaya just continues to put up with for whatever reason.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Zoe posted:

(sorry, "Kanarose"..."Rosaya"? what's the official term, someone help me out here dirty shipper trap set)

Rosemary. I remember this because this someone posted a picture of a 'Rosemary is Canon' cake that someone made when the kiss happened.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
See, here's the thing about talking about relationships in fiction.

Unless you're being a lovely person and going on and on and on about how SO AND SO and WHOEVER THE gently caress are twue lurvs even if they've never ever ever shared any screen time and have zero backing in the story.

Like, talking about how Karkat and Dirk are made for each other is ludicrous and awful.

Talking about actual relationships in the story itself? That's fine. That's just discussing the loving story. I like how Terezie and Dave play off of one another, I like how Rose and Kanaya play off of each other. Seeing their relationships get cleared up by a lack of bullshit would be great

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Burkion posted:

See, here's the thing about talking about relationships in fiction.

Unless you're being a lovely person and going on and on and on about how SO AND SO and WHOEVER THE gently caress are twue lurvs even if they've never ever ever shared any screen time and have zero backing in the story.

Like, talking about how Karkat and Dirk are made for each other is ludicrous and awful.

Talking about actual relationships in the story itself? That's fine. That's just discussing the loving story. I like how Terezie and Dave play off of one another, I like how Rose and Kanaya play off of each other. Seeing their relationships get cleared up by a lack of bullshit would be great

Exactly, so let's make a big chart based on what relationships are 100% justified by canon and post it in the MSPA forums.

I have a lot of experience with that based on my successful predictions of Avatar the Last Airbender.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Tunicate posted:

Exactly, so let's make a big chart based on what relationships are 100% justified by canon and post it in the MSPA forums.

I have a lot of experience with that based on my successful predictions of Avatar the Last Airbender.

Shouldn't you be busy putting together an outcomes table for the forthcoming UK general election that you can sell to the newspapers?

Skills like yours should not be wasted.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Tenebrais posted:

This doesn't really seem like an accurate interpretation, though. She tried alcohol because she was nervous about her date with Kanaya, and she asked Kanaya on a date because of the usual reasons one asks someone on a date. Auspiticizing Terezi and Gamzee is just what their first date conversation was.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
It's herb lesbians so you don't get pictures of spices when you're trying to GIS. Help me.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I think it might just be a line pun.

And it could go either way.

Either: Yes, it's a Pyrope, but not Latula
Or: Yes, it's a Troll, but not the Pyropes.

Either Terezi (Her ascension will be a whole different platitude) or as someone else said, Karkat or Gamzee (Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The codename isn't a hint, it's an anti-hint.

Anyway, it's obviously about Equius.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
latitude refers to vertical direction which could be construed as height

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Action Shakespeare posted:

latitude refers to vertical direction which could be construed as height

But lines of latitude are horizontal. Everyone knows horizontal stripes are fattening, so obviously it's for Vriska. :pseudo:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

We are all going to have such temper tantrums if tonight's update is just a handful of plain HTML pages (possibly including "SUCKERS").

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

This is one of my favourite YouTube stats pages ever. :allears:

For "Carne Vale"

I can't find one for "How Do I Live" though. :(

TinTower fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 19, 2015

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Alright, Goons and Gals, we're looking at less than half an hour until the last update until what I am tentatively calling the Terapause, which last the rest of natural lives. So time to place some bets on what the last update will be:

a) John, Roxy, and the planet show up in the session just as all the Werewolf Jade / Cyborg Jane stuff is happening
a1) and we get a look of determination as John has a plan or something
a2) and some unintended consequence of not giving 'her' the wallet means everything is on fire even worse.

b) John, Roxy, and the planet show up somewhere unexpected

c) We don't see John and Roxy at all, we just get a curtain close and maybe a parting word from Caliborn (or he springs his trap on Calliope)

d) We get a redone, glitch-free [S] ACT 6 ACT 6 INTERMISSION 1

e) Pick your own

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
f) A gif of curtains closing

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

We get to be Hearts Boxcars.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Davesprite bleats like a goat, for non-ironic purposes.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I forgot g) Some resolution to the new status of Vriska

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

John finds himself in a reality where he can no longer ignore the beckoning of the shiny desk surface, and proceeds to poo poo all over it.

EDIT: And now I know why everyone seemed disappointed in the Jade/Jane sideplot. It kind of goes out like a wet fart.

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jan 19, 2015

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Guess what time it is.

Guess what time it's always been

Guess what time it will be forever

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
...that's all? :(

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
So the obvious answer is, in fact, the answer.

See you guys next year!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Kinda obvious. :/

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Haha sweet I was right.

edit: Well technically I wasn't right because it's a flash and not a gif but whatever. Thanks curtains for being as timely as ever.

I am disappointed that you can't click the Vriska head to get another "why." like you can with that other flash that's like 5 seconds long.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
8est troll.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Color Printer posted:

How can it not be her time when she's already here?!

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Color Printer posted:

Guess what time it is.

Guess what time it's always been

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Vriskatime isn't back. Vriskatime never LEFT!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bobulus posted:

Kinda obvious. :/

Yes, heaven forbid we actually get the logical and well-foreshadowed conclusion and not random bullshit that might make some d-bag feel clever for a fleeting, transient, ephemeral second.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
Ugh.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh why is this the way we have to leave off ugh

Points to Hussie for the music used for this update, it was majorly creepy. The format was cool too (other than the LOST ==>'s)

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

lotus circle posted:

So the obvious answer is, in fact, the answer.

See you guys next year!

All joking aside, I really hope Hussie doesn't think that ending is going to keep readers coming back for updates after a hiatus much longer than a couple weeks. I mean, the first one ended with practically everyone dead or dying with serious poo poo going down.

This one kind of just...happens? Like, it doesn't even feel like the end of an intermission/act.
Hell, I'm barely invested in the next update if it were Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I thought the part where Vriska was in the background depth-of-field and her hand was crisp and aliased like the art usually is was a kinda neat effect.