Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Ika posted:

Richard Hammond already has and restored it.
I was gonna say, didn't Oliver show up in the hill-start challenge of the lorry episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I was gonna say, didn't Oliver show up in the hill-start challenge of the lorry episode?

Can't find a picture, but Oliver was his part of the challenge.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Cars like Oliver are genuinely good on their own, though. Little cars hammered from a single piece of iron by hairy Germans with just two moving parts*.

Great to teach a kid how to drive in.

*The car, that is. Not the German.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
Nooo!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-EcWXpaAY

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
There's a really good interview with Andy Wilman by Broadcast here https://soundcloud.com/broadcastnow/36-diversity-top-gear at around the 15 minute mark, talking about the future of the show and the BBC, the horrible time they had last year and the Argentina chaos.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

A live stream of a preview of the new series just started:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8T1rMsJtQU
Viewable in the UK at least

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

JingleBells posted:

A live stream of a preview of the new series just started:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8T1rMsJtQU
Viewable in the UK at least

works in canada too.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Powershift posted:

works in canada too.
And the US.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
A ranch the size of Connecticut? I like that they're still editing everything.

edit - Who is that guy and why is his face so loving shiny?

Ariza fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 18, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

dissss posted:

I'll bet Hammond's WRX from the Nile special is still in better nick than the average example you'd find around here :/

?????????

Where on earth are you looking at WRX's?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Cat Terrist posted:

?????????

Where on earth are you looking at WRX's?

America? *installs Cobb* *turns up boost* *lowers car* *retrofit HIDs* *$150 mud flaps* *slam shifts everywhere* *blows headgasket* *crashes through a fence into a ditch on a long gravel driveway*

For sale, used WRX, tastefully modded.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

America? *installs Cobb* *turns up boost* *lowers car* *retrofit HIDs* *$150 mud flaps* *slam shifts everywhere* *blows headgasket* *crashes through a fence into a ditch on a long gravel driveway*

*Driven sideways into every curb in New England during the winter* *salt never cleaned off*

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

There's possibly a Top Gear/Top Gear US crossover? :getin:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

nmfree posted:

I know they dont normally pair up across the shows, but I want to see a bizarre pairing of Adam Ferrara and Richard Hammond. I want to see Clarkson get annoyed by pretty boy Foust. I think Rutlege and May would have a great time together.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I think they would go with pairing Hamster and Tiny Dancer, Stripey Jumper and Flannel, and loudmouth and loudmouth.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

God, I'd love to see Adam and Clarkson pair up and start talking about POWERRRRR.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

T1g4h posted:

God, I'd love to see Adam and Clarkson pair up and start talking about POWERRRRR.
By the end of the show he'll have talked Clarkson into buying a mid 70s Caddy.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

nmfree posted:

Tanner vs StigPrime :getin:

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

nmfree posted:

By the end of the show he'll have talked Clarkson into buying a mid 70s Caddy.

If they haven't strangled each other.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Binging TG on Netflix before they take away most of it.

They clearly didn't use the real sounds when Jeremy drove around in Merc and Porsche with the Irish Guards shooting at him. I've heard those sounds used for Stens in the Close Combat games. :spergin:

I don't know why they would bother with canned sound effects when they were already firing blanks. Unless they weren't firing anything at all and it was purely laser tag.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

skooma512 posted:

Binging TG on Netflix before they take away most of it.

As of a couple of days ago, Netflix seems to have renewed the contracts for a lot of the expiring BBC content, including Top Gear.

I recently discovered that Top Gear is also available to stream on Amazon Prime, but it's the same "American edited" version that Netflix runs.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Loosely Top Gear related in that it's just Clarkson, and pretty old but I just ran into it recently. If anyone remembers Love the Beast (Eric Bana's doc on his car) from a few years ago, here's the full chat Bana had with Clarkson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z07nk7EH4rQ

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

FogHelmut posted:

$55000 invested, asking $22000

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

azflyboy posted:

As of a couple of days ago, Netflix seems to have renewed the contracts for a lot of the expiring BBC content, including Top Gear.

I recently discovered that Top Gear is also available to stream on Amazon Prime, but it's the same "American edited" version that Netflix runs.

Yeah, but it turns out they are only keeping the last 4 series :(

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/netflix-keeping-doctor-who-luther-more-bbc-series-1201407630/

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Holy crap those preview clips look amazing. I think James in the rally car is going to be great.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

SFH1989 posted:

*Driven sideways into every curb in New England during the winter* *salt never cleaned off*

That's every Subaru.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
A coworker recently paid 12k for a 150k mile 2000 WRX with the normal rust holes above the rear wheel wells big enough to stick most of your fist through. And then he bragged to me about the "great deal" he got.

WTF is with those wheel well rust holes, anyway? Pretty much every subaru from 1994 onwards rusts right there, even if the rest of the body is straight.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Chris Knight posted:

That's every Subaru.

I'm pretty sure the '02 I bought in Texas with no rust, driven to Oregon, and then California before being sold to some kid had hit a few curbs in NE.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

WTF is with those wheel well rust holes, anyway? Pretty much every subaru from 1994 onwards rusts right there, even if the rest of the body is straight.

I think its something to do with the way the rear wheels throw water and snow. I had a friend cut and weld new sheet metal in that spot, coat with POR15, prime, two stage paint, and it was back within two years.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

8ender posted:

I think its something to do with the way the rear wheels throw water and snow. I had a friend cut and weld new sheet metal in that spot, coat with POR15, prime, two stage paint, and it was back within two years.

That was actually something I was considering doing - good to know it won't really help at all, I think I'll just keep POR-15ing it every year instead.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I forgot to post about it when I watched the preview but are they doing a crossover with US Top Gear this year? I heard "Don't let American Top Gear lap us" during one of the clips they showed.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

I forgot to post about it when I watched the preview but are they doing a crossover with US Top Gear this year? I heard "Don't let American Top Gear lap us" during one of the clips they showed.

Is it American or "American"?

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Edit: Wrong thread

EvilBlackRailgun fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jan 23, 2015

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Marathoning TGUK before the new series has been worth it, apparently they did a 1949 challenge that I completely missed.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That was a good one. With Richard Hammond learning to hate the bike he once loved.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Cojawfee posted:

That was a good one. With Richard Hammond learning to hate the bike he once loved.

I enjoyed that film too; always secretly hoped the coal fired breakfast bit that Clarkson did was genuine.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I think I missed an entire series somewhere, which series had the lovely boxy plywood car they made?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cakefool posted:

I think I missed an entire series somewhere, which series had the lovely boxy plywood car they made?

Series 14, episode 2

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

the yeti posted:

I enjoyed that film too; always secretly hoped the coal fired breakfast bit that Clarkson did was genuine.
It probably was, it's a real thing. And very tasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Jehde posted:

Marathoning TGUK before the new series has been worth it, apparently they did a 1949 challenge that I completely missed.
"Do you wear just this hat and nothing else sometimes?"