Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Yes I did, didn't even read that long rear end post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

krampster2 posted:

Yes I did, didn't even read that long rear end post

You must be new here. Don't be racist, either.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Geirskogul posted:

Didn't intend on being racist sorry if it was taken that way.

Just gonna leave the thread now before it gets derailed.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

What did I miss, was there a deleted or edited post? As it reads, he says if you're 1/64th aborigine it would be easier to get services... hell, I'd say the same thing about the US... if you've got a percentage of Indian blood, that opens you up for a bunch of government dole. It's not racist, it's just the truth. Let's turn down the SJW sensitivity on your robot boxes, okay?

Edit: Not directed at you, Geirskogul, I was talking about the general robotish ultrasensitivity SJW crap, not your avatar.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jan 19, 2015

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

meatpimp posted:

What did I miss, was there a deleted or edited post? As it reads, he says if you're 1/64th aborigine it would be easier to get services.
It's not though. Aboriginals don't have a special phone number or internet site or free internet or anything to make it any easier.
I'm far from a SJW or cat lady.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Fo3 posted:

It's not though. Aboriginals don't have a special phone number or internet site or free internet or anything to make it any easier.
I'm far from a SJW or cat lady.

Gotcha. I assumed Australia would have a similar structure to the way America accommodates its original land occupiers.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Man. I am supposed to go in to work today to do light duty desk work for a few days. I slipped on my icy steps last night. I caught the railing but mg back still got tweaked cuz it hurts a lot more this morning than yesterday.

Usually I'd go in to work in pain but I'm not taking any chances with my back. poo poo it hurts sitting still in this recliner right now, nevermind on a $10 chair for 8 hours.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jan 19, 2015

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Geirskogul posted:

LOL pot calling the kettle black

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

mafoose posted:

LOL pot calling the kettle black

Hey, I can dream. Unless you're calling me racist, in which case I dunno. Didn't mean to come across as a dick. Well, more than usual. The new comment was in regards to STR-length posts, and their regularity thereof :v:

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jan 19, 2015

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I think one of the problems in many countries is that if you are classed as a minority, while you may not get any kind of preferential treatment from the system, you probably are more likely to have a support/lobby group to help you navigate the vagaries of the system itself.

There's nothing wrong with that, but it can mean if you don't have something like that, it can be artificially difficult to get what you're entitled to.

If Fo3 had someone he could call whose job was to help him sort out all the bureaucratic nonsense and hoop-jumping, it would probably be a lot less poo poo for him.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Yeah, Aboriginals had that, until 2004 when it was shut down due to corruption :insert appropriate smiley:

My point was I didn't like someone saying it's easier if you were aboriginal. gently caress, this is AI, where most of us can't stand ignorance (and maybe some of us used to reading other car forums or whatever forums can see how bad it can go)
My problems were with the centrelink website, getting through on the phone and lack of service if you walk in and the discussion was about that.
If you're aboriginal, you're still going to have problems with the website, getting through on the phone, and probably not given much help when you walk in. The comment was uncalled for, and knowing what many car or even general aussie forums can be like, I commented on it to set the tone here, that's all.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jan 19, 2015

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Not to mention that if you ARE aboriginal and DO wind up at centrelink for no fault of your own, then your automatically going to be bundled into the "Only getting benefits so they can sit in the park and drink cheap poo poo wine all day at the taxpayers expense" group that represents a TINY number of Aboriginals, but has been seized by the average Australian racist as the "Norm" for anyone slightly dark skinned.

The governments absolute BASHING of people in need of help doesnt help the situation either. They tried to introduce a 6 month "Waiting period" For receiving benefits if you were made unemployed not long ago (which got smacked down in parliament HARD). I have absolutely no idea where these people proposing this poo poo thought people were going to find food and shelter for 6 months on zero income.

Considering the LNP, im pretty sure their thought process was "They'll just crawl off and die behind some bushes and stop being a burden on society" TBH.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

iForge posted:

I'm kinda bad at this game.

That looks like an average Spintires session to me. I haven't accomplished poo poo in that game because I'm just terrible at it. The one time I did deliver logs (by pure luck) everything went to poo poo half way back. I've come very close to uninstalling it a few times, somehow it just pisses me off.

some texas redneck posted:

I missed something, what game IS this?
Spintires, demo at http://www.spintires.com/#!/demo

Devyl posted:

Soooooooooooooo I have a new job in the same factory I got let go from. I now work in the manufacturing part. I work on the Ford F-250/F-350 frame line. I get paid well, but drat; I'm pulling 12 hour shifts 7 days a week; hence my lack of posting on here anymore. I had to take today off though since I hosed up my arm and now it's been going numb from the shoulder down. I think I may have pinched a nerve. If anyone is interested, I'll take some pictures of where I work (I'll have to do it covertly) and show you all how we assemble and build frames for both the Ford F-150 and the F-250/F-350 and their variants from beginning to end!
Congrats on the new job, sucks about the pinched nerve. Don't get fired taking photos for us.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Man. I am supposed to go in to work today to do light duty desk work for a few days. I slipped on my icy steps last night. I caught the railing but mg back still got tweaked cuz it hurts a lot more this morning than yesterday.

Usually I'd go in to work in pain but I'm not taking any chances with my back. poo poo it hurts sitting still in this recliner right now, nevermind on a $10 chair for 8 hours.
Don't gently caress around with back injuries. If you can afford it take time off until it's healed fully.

Thought I would be ok to head back to the gym since I can generally move around fine without the tailbone causing pain. Holy crap was I wrong. Looks like another week at least before I try again...might try in the afternoon instead of waking up at 4am to try. Thought 4 weeks out I would have been ok.

Three day weekend! Makes it not so bad that I spent most of the day Saturday at work. I'll see what kind of progress I can make on the E21 today, goal is to drive it to work on my birthday 2/5.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jan 19, 2015

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

bolind posted:

Also, meatpimp, didn't you order a set of PDR tools some time ago? What ever happened to that?

Yep, got a nice set of about 30 tools this summer. It's something that you can see requires a "feel" immediately. It's definitely interesting and learn-able, but it takes completely open blocks of time where I can completely concentrate on what I'm doing and right now, those times are few and very far between. I need to get a random panel from a junkyard to practice on, I'm too hesitant with my own cars to be able to fully work things...

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
When a completed Work order starts with : removed drunk person from bus.. you know it's a Monday.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Ferremit posted:

Not to mention that if you ARE aboriginal and DO wind up at centrelink for no fault of your own, then your automatically going to be bundled into the "Only getting benefits so they can sit in the park and drink cheap poo poo wine all day at the taxpayers expense" group that represents a TINY number of Aboriginals, but has been seized by the average Australian racist as the "Norm" for anyone slightly dark skinned.

The governments absolute BASHING of people in need of help doesnt help the situation either. They tried to introduce a 6 month "Waiting period" For receiving benefits if you were made unemployed not long ago (which got smacked down in parliament HARD). I have absolutely no idea where these people proposing this poo poo thought people were going to find food and shelter for 6 months on zero income.

Considering the LNP, im pretty sure their thought process was "They'll just crawl off and die behind some bushes and stop being a burden on society" TBH.

They're neoliberals, what do you expect? Did you see what Murdoch has been doing in the states/the UK for the last 20+ years and expect that he wouldn't turn his jaundiced eye towards his home country?

I miss my loving car :(

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
So I ended up at Medpoint on Saturday. My chest hurt and I was having shortness of breath. I've had these symptoms before, and it's always gastric in nature - I have gastro reflux disease or whatever it's called.

The doctor did an EKG and it came back abnormal: "probably left ventricular hypertrophy."

Though they didn't seem worried about that (apparently it isn't a big deal) and my chest X-ray came back normal. He put me on prednisone (a steroid) and something to help me sleep at night (I've been, uh, taking a couple of shots of rum before I go to bed to help me go to sleep).

Sunday I felt miserable - intense chills and fatigue plus the shortness of breath and chest pain. And it occurred to me, I'm probably getting the goddamn flu. No fever or headache though. And no vomiting or diarrhea. The occasional heartburn though.

I have an appointment with my regular doctor tomorrow morning. I went in to work today, probably shouldn't have, but I'm feeling alright enough to work today.

My body is a loving piece of poo poo and probably the one thing I don't want to die of is a bad heart :(

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

meatpimp posted:

Yep, got a nice set of about 30 tools this summer. It's something that you can see requires a "feel" immediately. It's definitely interesting and learn-able, but it takes completely open blocks of time where I can completely concentrate on what I'm doing and right now, those times are few and very far between. I need to get a random panel from a junkyard to practice on, I'm too hesitant with my own cars to be able to fully work things...

As per our messenger discussion, when you do start this, I'd love to see a tutorial. Beater 7 series = best bmw. Actually.... Didn't they go to using stupid amounts of aluminum panels in the later 7 series to save weight? Because if so, your kinda boned in terms of panel repair and need to replace entire sections?

I'm to crude and would go bonkers with the filler, stud welder, and slide hammer, I'd like to learn some finer elements.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

meatpimp posted:

What did I miss, was there a deleted or edited post? As it reads, he says if you're 1/64th aborigine it would be easier to get services... hell, I'd say the same thing about the US... if you've got a percentage of Indian blood, that opens you up for a bunch of government dole. It's not racist, it's just the truth. Let's turn down the SJW sensitivity on your robot boxes, okay?

Edit: Not directed at you, Geirskogul, I was talking about the general robotish ultrasensitivity SJW crap, not your avatar.

Lol

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

So I think it's almost time to get my Union Workman's Comp Attorney on the line. It's been 5 days and no one at the shop has gotten me a list of doctors I can see. I just want a god drat follow-up appointment like the ER doctor recommended. I slipped on the ice yesterday too and now it's more sore than previously. My boss is trying to get me to go to a Walk-In clinic and mention that I aggrevated the injury again yesterday to see if they will see me today. WHY IS THIS SUCH A HASSLE?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
All employers are absolute nightmares when it comes to dealing with doctors. Its the loving worst.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
If you have a union use it to your advantage, that's what its there for.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I just made an appointment for this afternoon with my PCP due to the re-aggrevation of the injury last night, which the nurse made clear was NOT the Workman's Comp appointment, which I relayed to my boss. IDK if the shop is trying to weasel out of paying me for the few days I missed from this or if they are just that incompetant. All I know is it hurts and I could use some big rear end aspirin and a muscle relaxer or two. I'm going to start making notes of everything in case they try and screw me. If I don't get to see a doctor in another day I'm calling the attorney.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Don't know if anyone else watches football, but I'm a Packer fan and the game yesterday was probably the most brutal loss I've ever seen by them and I've been watching games since the horrible Lynn Dickey era. I usually don't get too upset by football games but Jesus this was a hard one to take, I've never seen a game just given away by a myriad of mistakes in the final minutes before. Unbelievable.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea that Packers game was crazy. I thought they had it in the bag right before the end there. I think the Pats have their work cut out for them in February.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Don't know if anyone else watches football, but I'm a Packer fan and the game yesterday was probably the most brutal loss I've ever seen by them and I've been watching games since the horrible Lynn Dickey era. I usually don't get too upset by football games but Jesus this was a hard one to take, I've never seen a game just given away by a myriad of mistakes in the final minutes before. Unbelievable.

Meanwhile the Colts loss to the Pats was loving hilarious.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The Pats are going to win because the Seahawks shouldn't even be there.

Thought I'd be over it by today. loving football :smith:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

My PM just called me and was wondering if the shop gave me a list of doctors to see yet. He sounded annoyed that they didn't yet and said he was gonna go hassle the boss for it.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Rhyno posted:

Meanwhile the Colts loss to the Pats was loving hilarious.

I liked that the Pats won but that game was boring. Of course I missed the awesome Ravens game the week before cause I had to work. I was in the back washing dishes and I could hear the people in the bar cheering every time there was an awesome play. It made me sad.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If the Packers lost like the Colts it would have been a lot easier to accept.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

some texas redneck posted:

I missed something, what game IS this?

Like Nitro said, its Spintires. Its a Russian off-road logging simulator but its fun to just gently caress around in the mud and not do terrible logging missions.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Yep, Wisconsinite here. I'm not a hardcore football fan, but I'm still pretty salty about that one. Way to completely loving blow it in the last 10 minutes after dominating for 80% of the game. Apparently Rodgers is more than a little upset with McCarthy and his play calls.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

keykey posted:

edit: also Holdbrooks & Goatse Guy's snapchats = :3:

If y'all aren't also snapping with snizzpod and reignczech, you're missing out.

bend
Dec 31, 2012

Fo3 posted:

Yes he does. Being pulled over for 2 over and being given rough treatment by cops sure sounds like a 'benefit' of living in Victoria, Australia. :v:
gently caress that state.

Its not that bad down here, man. I mean yeah the cops beat me when I was 17 but that was only once.
As far as centerlink goes, get on the website, find everything you need to take in and then go to the actual office with it, even stuff you've already shown. They can reinstate a payment in the normal offices, you just have to be really loving annoying and not leave. The online shits really only good for reporting your income

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

goatse guy posted:

If y'all aren't also snapping with snizzpod and reignczech, you're missing out.

I have all of you except reignczech. Time to add a person!

p.s. those snaps were the best, especially Snizzpod's snap of Holdbrook's snap of (presumably) you. Great stuff, made my weekend of feeling like poo poo feel like a little less poo poo.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Maybe I will have to join in these....snap...chats?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Just to sway you, snapchat is the only post-android-2.1 app that managed to both dump me to desktop without an error message, then later just hard reset my phone without any warning.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Cakefool posted:

Just to sway you, snapchat is the only post-android-2.1 app that managed to both dump me to desktop without an error message, then later just hard reset my phone without any warning.

MSP snapchat crew goes hard, and are a lot of fun to hang out with. I'm sad I have to go back home in the morning but it's been a great time. My 2015 has been off to a good start and since I have a lot of time off I need to use I hope to go visit more goon and have more great adventures all year. So if anyone who is not a murderer and has a couch that wants to hang out at some point hit me up!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Cakefool posted:

Snapchat is nearly twice as bad as the imgur official app, which is saying a whole lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Welp, somebody broke into my car. What did they steal? No, not the stereo. No, not the seven 4-quart jugs of oil. No, not the subwoofer. They rifled through everything and stole a spiral notebook folder that had my resume and my passport in it.

Yeah, my fault for leaving my passport in my car. To be honest, I shoved it into the notebook and shoved that under the seat weeks ago after a job interview.

How difficult is it to replace a side window in an old volkswagen?

• Locked thread