Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

redshirt posted:

"Death Star Contractors"

ashoka tanno the later years a fat ashoka is a waitress at space denny's just 4 hours of a camera following a waitress doing her job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

ashoka tanno the later years a fat ashoka is a waitress at space denny's just 4 hours of a camera following a waitress doing her job

*chews space gum

You want some Jawa Juice sugah?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
8 hours of chewbacca being a greeter.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

TOILETLORD posted:

8 hours of chewbacca being a greeter.

this is the entirety of the holiday special and also most of ROTJ

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

TOILETLORD posted:

Really Jedi training prepares you for nothing in the private sector.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

TOILETLORD posted:

they should remake clerks, but make it star wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8JNp-_BEvI

Here's the live action version:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1g5nn_funny-trooper-clerks-star-wars-cler_fun

Smerdyakov
Jul 8, 2008

burritolingus posted:

Hey, no. Medieval times, Chris Angel's Mindfreak, joining a monastery, yoga instructor... the list goes on.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

fuckingtest posted:

EDIT: Is there "Force-Navigation" in the EU? Like can a Jedi calculate where he's going to jump in lightspeed with the force? :shrug:

I would swear I read a book as a child that said a Jedi could plot lightspeed jumps by using the force, but a cursory google search doesn't turn up anything substantial.

This thread inspired me to replay KOTOR 2 (fully patched), so I guess the EU isn't completely without merit.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

burritolingus posted:

they teach you how to work a shaft.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

fuckingtest posted:

It needs a navigator. Let's Just shove an Artoo D-2 in the front and call it a day...

EDIT: Is there "Force-Navigation" in the EU? Like can a Jedi calculate where he's going to jump in lightspeed with the force? :shrug:

Yeah. Seems mostly based around danger sense. Darth Bane I think gets stuck in the deep core and has to baby step his way in and out with the force which amounts to some unknown combination of jumping blind only to drop back before you hit a planet and using the force to somehow sense the right path to take and telling the navi computer "take this path" and the navicomputer just does it because the story requires it. Kyp Durron flew in between black holes by sensing them and flying through the places that the black holes meet to not get sucked into either one. I'm sure there are other examples.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Somebody mentioned earlier about force-choking a Hutt and I'm 99% sure that came up in an EU book of some kind, and it flat out wasn't possible to do for some bullshit reason. So yeah, chalk another one up to "I wonder if that's in the EU--of course it is."

So what's the stupidest light saber. I don't mean like, stupidest light saber type of weapon, I mean an actual old school light saber sword. I heard some of them have goofy poo poo inside of them instead of crystals and I never dug in to see how dumb the books ran with the idea.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Calling it now: light saber that runs on a person's soul or life force or some such poo poo

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Lightsabre power crystal which is the crystallised ghost of another Jedi.

True/False?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Shadeoses posted:

Lightsabre power crystal which is the crystallised ghost of another Jedi.

True/False?

This is the EU, of course it's gonna be true.

Edit: Looks like a ghost trapped in a crystal in one of the video games.

http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_Crystal

"Grab 3 lvl 50 friends and click on the Depleted White Adegan Crystal Node located at (-553,-5). Defeat the Force ghost that spawns. Once defeated, a Crystal Node will spawn near the Depleted node. From this you will obtain the Magenta Adgean crystal needed to craft the crystal."

God drat it.

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jan 19, 2015

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

One of the earliest EU books had the Rebels teaming up with the Empire post Endor to fight lizards who powered their ships with slave souls.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Otisburg posted:

One of the earliest EU books had the Rebels teaming up with the Empire post Endor to fight lizards who powered their ships with slave souls.

God drat, that is so much better than I had hoped for.

Who needs ghost sabers when you have lizard people with ships that run in souls

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
What's the worst lightsaber fight in the EU? I know it's probably the one between the Ewok Jedi and the Hutt Sith, but are there any other bad ones that I missed?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

What's the worst lightsaber fight in the EU? I know it's probably the one between the Ewok Jedi and the Hutt Sith, but are there any other bad ones that I missed?

Darth Plagueis v. "Darth" Venamis

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

death .cab for qt posted:

God drat, that is so much better than I had hoped for.

Who needs ghost sabers when you have lizard people with ships that run in souls

quote:

The Ssi-ruuk (pronounced /'si ruk/)[3], Ssi-ruu in singular form, were a saurian species that invaded from the Unknown Regions of the galaxy and initiated the Invasion of Bakura in 4 ABY, shortly after the Battle of Endor. This race relied on a technology called entechment that involved extracting the life-energies of sentient beings and using them as power sources for their mechanical technology. They had a sizable war fleet and ruled an empire called the Ssi-ruuvi Imperium in the Ssi-ruuk Star Cluster near the galaxy's rim.

Ssi-ruuvi society was deeply compartmentalized—being dominated by a rigid caste system based on skin color which signified one's socio-economic standing. As a species, most Ssi-ruuk were xenophobic towards members of other species due to their stringent religious beliefs and the compartmentalized state of their society. Due to the remote position of their home territory in the Ssi-ruuk Star Cluster and their religious fear of dying on an unconsecrated world, few Ssi-ruuk traveled outside their Star Cluster. Thus, they remained largely unknown to the rest of the galaxy, and contact with outsiders was limited even in the days of the New Republic and the Galactic Alliance.

"LIFE ENERGIES" technically, but if you're not going to explain it better than that, what can you mean but "soul?"

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kandak Sayaqa posted:

This is the EU, of course it's gonna be true.

Edit: Looks like a ghost trapped in a crystal in one of the video games.

http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_Crystal

"Grab 3 lvl 50 friends and click on the Depleted White Adegan Crystal Node located at (-553,-5). Defeat the Force ghost that spawns. Once defeated, a Crystal Node will spawn near the Depleted node. From this you will obtain the Magenta Adgean crystal needed to craft the crystal."

God drat it.

Well gently caress.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Somebody mentioned earlier about force-choking a Hutt and I'm 99% sure that came up in an EU book of some kind, and it flat out wasn't possible to do for some bullshit reason. So yeah, chalk another one up to "I wonder if that's in the EU--of course it is."

So what's the stupidest light saber. I don't mean like, stupidest light saber type of weapon, I mean an actual old school light saber sword. I heard some of them have goofy poo poo inside of them instead of crystals and I never dug in to see how dumb the books ran with the idea.

There was something posted earlier about Hutts eating some substance that makes them resistant or outright immune to the force. Or maybe the force just can't overcome that huge fat neck?

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Corran Horn's special silver-bladed lightsaber. He built it using scrap parts from a ship, used some random emeralds and diamonds from some furniture for the crystals.

Oh, and It's also a special DUAL PHASE LIGHTSABER, so he can make the blade like 10 feet long.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

It would be great if just once one of these cobbled together lightsabers turned out to be incredibly lovely like you would expect a weapon made out of junk to be.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Oh, and Tenel Ka's first lovely lightsaber, made out of a loving rancor tooth and used crappy lava crystals.

Didn't work out so well, the blade disappeared mid saber-lock, got her arm cut off, then the arm remains were destroyed when the faulty lightsaber loving EXPLODED.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Jace Madan posted:

Oh, and Tenel Ka's first lovely lightsaber, made out of a loving rancor tooth and used crappy lava crystals.

Didn't work out so well, the blade disappeared mid saber-lock, got her arm cut off, then the arm remains were destroyed when the faulty lightsaber loving EXPLODED.

It's like the author wanted one of those "special episode" lessons in the series for some dumb reason.

Oh, and the heir to a major galactic power can keep her identity anonymous while a student of the only Jedi Academy in the galaxy, because when the books were written the authors didn't think that a massive information sharing technology would exist in the Star Wars universe.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Maybe the space-internet was really bad back then.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Shadeoses posted:

Maybe the space-internet was really bad back then.

Excuse me, it is called the HoloNet, which includes the Imperial.emp service.

P.S. Wanna spam Vader? His contact info is vader@imperial.emp.

Seriously, I'm not loving kidding.

freethought
Feb 24, 2011

Jace Madan posted:

Excuse me, it is called the HoloNet, which includes the Imperial.emp service.

P.S. Wanna spam Vader? His contact info is vader@imperial.emp.

Seriously, I'm not loving kidding.

Actually that's Tim Vader's info. He works in the canteen(a) on a Star Destroyer. He keeps getting all of these freaky emails about some kid named Luke from a guy called Sheev. He's pretty sure it's just the guys in the kitchen messing with him. I mean, Sheev sounds so fake.

If you're trying to contact a terrifying Dark Lord of the Sith, you'll want vader1@imperial.emp.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kandak Sayaqa posted:

I would swear I read a book as a child that said a Jedi could plot lightspeed jumps by using the force, but a cursory google search doesn't turn up anything substantial.

This thread inspired me to replay KOTOR 2 (fully patched), so I guess the EU isn't completely without merit.

KOTOR 2's combat is so lovely. I was playing it a while back but then got to a combat heavy section and decided that the game wasn't good enough to deal with that.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Kandak Sayaqa posted:

Maybe you're thinking of Dune, which would be forgivable since I'm sure there's an EU novel that is literally Dune (even more than Desert Planets and Space Wizard Monks that were in the films from the get)

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Ok.

Is there a sentient, force sensitive slime mould?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

freethought posted:

Actually that's Tim Vader's info. He works in the canteen(a) on a Star Destroyer. He keeps getting all of these freaky emails about some kid named Luke from a guy called Sheev. He's pretty sure it's just the guys in the kitchen messing with him. I mean, Sheev sounds so fake.

If you're trying to contact a terrifying Dark Lord of the Sith, you'll want vader1@imperial.emp.

Thanks to Eddie Izzard we know that it's Jeff Vader that works in the canteen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv5iEK-IEzw

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I don't care if this was posted already

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Shadeoses posted:

Ok.

Is there a sentient, force sensitive slime mould?

Is a shape-shifting sentient plant OK?

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW
This is a random pull, but did anyone read darth maul shadow hunter? Itwas p badass

freethought
Feb 24, 2011

Fil5000 posted:

Thanks to Eddie Izzard we know that it's Jeff Vader that works in the canteen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv5iEK-IEzw

poo poo Jeff. That's his name, always getting him mixed up with Tim Valderama in accounting. So Jeff got promoted to the Death Star eh? Good for him, but that thing's massive. I hope he doesn't get spread to thin, like across a solar system or something.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Tearsaslube posted:

This is a random pull, but did anyone read darth maul shadow hunter? Itwas p badass

It really was. It's basically The Termenator.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Jace Madan posted:

Corran Horn's special silver-bladed lightsaber. He built it using scrap parts from a ship, used some random emeralds and diamonds from some furniture for the crystals.

Oh, and It's also a special DUAL PHASE LIGHTSABER, so he can make the blade like 10 feet long.

I looked up Dual Phase and apparently Darth Vader had one.

I'm guessing the lightsaber lengths changed while filming due to special effects changes, so his lightsaber was slightly longer in some fights than others. DUAL PHASE

god, I love when nerds rationalize prop inconsistencies with ~lore~

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Tearsaslube posted:

I almost listened to that but went with the one about obi wan and qui gon and the conference on Eriadu, I'm only halfway through and can't recall the title. I'll check out shadow hunter after Tarkin. (Which isn't exactly bad but holy poo poo is every main character in a book a super Gary Sue, turns out Tarkin was a total badass that subjugated a violent space ape colony with his wits and a single spear, it's pretty dumb)

Edit: and Tarkin's dumb super ship. Before this one I thought maybe Lucerno was a cut above the average EU author, silly me.

Oh and the best part is Sheev desperately wants Tarkin and Vader to have best buddy play dates, it's kind of cute.

Vvv Id listen to an audiobook of that, add a young obi wan. Newly knighted Jedi, Obi Wan, and republic general Tarkin with some clone trooper deadmeats chasing Dooku around a spooky castle with secret passages and armor displays that feel like they're watching you.

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

if I wrote an eu novel id write about tarkin chasing dooku around a spooky naboo castle

• Locked thread