Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
So I moved better storage into the modpack I am using, but it conflicts with Thaumatic Tinkerer due to block IDs I guess. Now I have never used any Thaumcraft stuff, but removing that mod makes me feel weird because I really don't know what I'm taking out by doing so. But I really like the lockers and crates and better chests in the storage mod...

Am I missing anything particularly cool by removing Thaumatic Tinkerer, or is there an easy way to fix these kinds of conflicts? I SUPPOSE I could just skip the storage stuff and just use plain old chests. I think I have storage drawers as well. I just like having options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
there's a load-once mod that fixes ID conflicts, and after you boot up the game you delete it because every launch it changes the IDs again. i'm going to see if I can't find it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
maybe you should upgrade to 1.7.10 tho

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1291014-idfix-and-idfix-minus-mods-for-resolving-id

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
When I try to load my saves in Modderation, I get the following error:

There are five unassigned blocks & items in this save. You will not be able to load until they are present again.
OpenComputers:Raid (listed twice)
OpenComputers:microcontroller (listed twice)
openComputers:eeprom

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

What do ME Controllers do now if they don't run ME systems anymore?

Edit: Nevermind, I won't poo poo up the thread with stupid questions I can look up on the wiki. I guess my bad for assuming the block that has always been the starting block for AE and still exists under the same name is still the starting block. I guess.

Its now all about channels rather than daisy chaining machines together each item takes up a channel and all 6 sides of an ME controller output 32 channels each, and if you put 2 together that gives 10 sides etc...
So you need p2p tunnels, dense and smart cable

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Chaining together P2P tunnels is only if you really do not want to gently caress with making controllers.

The short version for AE2 is this: you can have eight devices on a network without a controller, and they will work just fine. This is an "ad-hoc network." If you want to link a bunch of stuff together, you have to either chain together a bunch of subnetworks or go find a meteor, which you'd probably want to do anyway. Once you find a meteor and make a controller, each face of that is capable of handling 32 channels at once, and everything plugged into the same controller (which can be a multiblock structure if you have a lot of channel using poo poo) all talks to each other on one big network.

I find that if you want to really understand how this poo poo works, the best way to do that is to start a new world, cheat in the poo poo you want to learn about, and start loving with it. But because the AE2 documentation is all pretty bad, if you'd rather see a more practical example of it being put into action, here is a video that can help. This is the one where he gets the AE2 devices set up in his base, and the next one is the one where he gets autocrafting going. The two before this cover getting started, but I don't think you need to see those; the relevant bits are "make a meteor compass, dig it up and collect the chest and its contents plus some sky stone, consult NEI from there." There's also a playlist of tutorials to help.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
ME P2P tunnels are basically for relaying controllers(channels) into areas of your base which are not near the controllers. It lets you save space in your cables.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

greententacle posted:

When I try to load my saves in Modderation, I get the following error:

There are five unassigned blocks & items in this save. You will not be able to load until they are present again.
OpenComputers:Raid (listed twice)
OpenComputers:microcontroller (listed twice)
openComputers:eeprom

I was getting that too. I managed to fix it by loading level.dat in an NBT editor, searching for those values, and deleting the K: and V: tags it finds associated with them.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

ToastyPotato posted:

So I moved better storage into the modpack I am using, but it conflicts with Thaumatic Tinkerer due to block IDs I guess. Now I have never used any Thaumcraft stuff, but removing that mod makes me feel weird because I really don't know what I'm taking out by doing so. But I really like the lockers and crates and better chests in the storage mod...

Am I missing anything particularly cool by removing Thaumatic Tinkerer, or is there an easy way to fix these kinds of conflicts? I SUPPOSE I could just skip the storage stuff and just use plain old chests. I think I have storage drawers as well. I just like having options.

Check the config folder, find the one for Better storage, change the IDs in that file to something else. Either find free space, or just start at something random, like 12653 and go up (random number). No need to remove any mods.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I'm suppose nobody could comment on the auto pure crystal growing rig I had posted, because I still couldn't really figure out what was screwing up. So I'm paring it down to wondering how to get a toggle bus to work correctly, and how it affects everything. First, what kind of connectors can I use to convey redstone to a toggle bus? Redstone is fine, but it looks like rednet cables are a no-go. Do I have to point the toggle bus one way or another to get it to listen to a signal?

So what I'm trying to do now for auto pure crystal growing is to have the accelerators and the planes for cycling the seeds set aside, with some space between level emitters and another isolated interface. The emitters are set to emit while crafting one of each type of crystal. Their signals are conveyed to a toggle bus between the interface and the accelerators. The accelerators do not have a direct connection to the network. A toggle bus between the interface and the accelerators is supposed to conditionally power them up when a crafting job comes in. The interface has crafting recipes for taking the seeds and turning them into pure results.

I can see the crafting options in my network, but when I set them up to craft, I get no signals from my level emitters. The emitters are on the main network. There is also a storage bus going back into the interface to handle oddball crap that winds up in the water, like if somebody dropped something.

In that current setup, the accelerators are powered somehow.

I have a big reactor with 80% rods down, so it's not really a big issue of saving power, so much as scratching an itch and learning about some of the crazier AE2 gear.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Is there any way of taking a save from a game with the hardcore questing mod and figuring out what could potentially be in reward bags? I'm at the point in my AS playthrough where I have access to a couple repeatable quests with reward bags and I want to see if there's any way of knowing what could be in them.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!
Anyone know of a way to automate cauldron filling with out TE or golems?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

President Ark posted:

Is there any way of taking a save from a game with the hardcore questing mod and figuring out what could potentially be in reward bags? I'm at the point in my AS playthrough where I have access to a couple repeatable quests with reward bags and I want to see if there's any way of knowing what could be in them.

As far as I know the contents of a reward bag is randomly determined when you open it, drawn from a reward table determined by the quality level of the reward bag. Reward bags don't contain anything in particular, that's why you can stack reward bags of the same type, then open them all and get different stuff from each one.

If you want to know what sorts of things you can get from a reward bag of a given quality, the easiest way I can think of is to just cheat yourself a bunch of bags in NEI and open them all to see what sorts of stuff you get from that quality of bag.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Mzbundifund posted:

As far as I know the contents of a reward bag is randomly determined when you open it, drawn from a reward table determined by the quality level of the reward bag. Reward bags don't contain anything in particular, that's why you can stack reward bags of the same type, then open them all and get different stuff from each one.

If you want to know what sorts of things you can get from a reward bag of a given quality, the easiest way I can think of is to just cheat yourself a bunch of bags in NEI and open them all to see what sorts of stuff you get from that quality of bag.

Right, I know the contents are random, I mean I want to know what's on the table of "when you open this bag you might get x/y/z/etc".

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Go hunting through the config files, I'm certain some reference to the prize tiers exist there.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Sage Grimm posted:

Go hunting through the config files, I'm certain some reference to the prize tiers exist there.

Yeah, I took a look at them yesterday but didn't find anything relevant. I'm asking if someone knows the specific file/path to the file to find what I'm looking for, assuming it exists in a human-readable state.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

I don't think this would work right even if the level emitters were doing what you wanted them to do. When crafting starts, seeds are put into your storage, but the section of your network that contains the planes will be disabled so the formation plane won't emit anything. Formation planes are like storage buses, not export buses. They emit items when they enter the network, so they have to be on when crafting starts, not immediately afterwards. The wiki says that level emitters can't be set to work with interface recipes, perhaps that's why they're not working? I'm not entirely sure what that excludes though.

Hagop posted:

Anyone know of a way to automate cauldron filling with out TE or golems?

Liquid transfer nodes? Any method of moving water will do it. There's also a thaumcraft addon that has a magic pot that will refill things near it.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
In a separate discussion, has anybody plays with the Compact Machines mod in 1.7.10? I saw it in the Resonant Rise pack. I liked the concept, but it is really Greg-like with the resource needs for basically convenience pocket dimensions. I would be really fond of them if, say, I could pare down the requirements for most of the cubes. Like, IIRC an 11x11x11 one is 8 loving nether stars. Compare that to an AE2 spatial dimension entangled with your main network and a tesseract or twenty.

McFrugal posted:

I don't think this would work right even if the level emitters were doing what you wanted them to do. When crafting starts, seeds are put into your storage, but the section of your network that contains the planes will be disabled so the formation plane won't emit anything. Formation planes are like storage buses, not export buses. They emit items when they enter the network, so they have to be on when crafting starts, not immediately afterwards. The wiki says that level emitters can't be set to work with interface recipes, perhaps that's why they're not working? I'm not entirely sure what that excludes though.
Help me with a hunch then. Should I then just have dedicated cables just for powering the accelerator, with a single toggle bus bridge it to the rest of the network? The directions I was seeing seemed to have a lot of voodoo going on there that I am thinking might have changed between AE2 revisions. That would mean the interface, the emitters, the storage bus, and the planes all would be on the main network, all the time. Hopefully then, that will do enough to get the emitters on so that I can toggle the accelerators.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

President Ark posted:

Yeah, I took a look at them yesterday but didn't find anything relevant. I'm asking if someone knows the specific file/path to the file to find what I'm looking for, assuming it exists in a human-readable state.

Hell, I was just poking around the source code and I couldn't figure out anything that defined what items specifically are in the reward tiers. Though there were a lot of weirdly named things that I think might be references to Forge code. To be fair, though, my Java knowledge is really not a whole lot further than 'Hello World' in comparison to the mods I've looked at. 90% of the things I did in my classes that involved java coding were all command-line programs, and the rest were command-line programs that then generated a visual output like a graph or whatever.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Help me with a hunch then. Should I then just have dedicated cables just for powering the accelerator, with a single toggle bus bridge it to the rest of the network? The directions I was seeing seemed to have a lot of voodoo going on there that I am thinking might have changed between AE2 revisions. That would mean the interface, the emitters, the storage bus, and the planes all would be on the main network, all the time. Hopefully then, that will do enough to get the emitters on so that I can toggle the accelerators.

That could work, if it weren't for level emitters not working for interface recipes according to the wiki. I'm guessing they only work for molecular assembly recipes. So they'd turn on while the seeds were being crafted (assuming the crafting recipe is for seeds and not straight to pure crystals), and then turn off once they're all cycling through the water. Might I suggest instead having the level emitters turn on whenever there's seeds in the system, and put in some redstone circuitry to extend the pulse long enough to ensure it stays on while the seeds are in the water?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

President Ark posted:

Found it. HQM's config file (redundantly hqmconfig.cfg) has an option:
B:UseEditor=false
Set that to true, launch game. When you use the Quest Book, you have the option of Reward Bags. Opens up a giant, terrible UI listing of all available prizes on the left and the tiers on the right. Start clicking entries to see what they provide and how many times they can be offered.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

McFrugal posted:

That could work, if it weren't for level emitters not working for interface recipes according to the wiki. I'm guessing they only work for molecular assembly recipes. So they'd turn on while the seeds were being crafted (assuming the crafting recipe is for seeds and not straight to pure crystals), and then turn off once they're all cycling through the water. Might I suggest instead having the level emitters turn on whenever there's seeds in the system, and put in some redstone circuitry to extend the pulse long enough to ensure it stays on while the seeds are in the water?
I think you're right, but I can't figure out where you're reading that. It certainly is screwing up in the way you're saying. On the official site, I can't tell if that's what they mean. Does this sound like it?

quote:

its important to note that you cannot mix level emitter craft via redstone with interface patterns.

And the imgur page I was following was implying I can. The autocrafting block I made does show it as an item it's trying to make, but I suppose that's different from having it go through molecular assemblers. In that case, I really can't tell what the emitters are really good for when they have a crafting card.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I think you're right, but I can't figure out where you're reading that. It certainly is screwing up in the way you're saying. On the official site, I can't tell if that's what they mean. Does this sound like it?

And the imgur page I was following was implying I can. The autocrafting block I made does show it as an item it's trying to make, but I suppose that's different from having it go through molecular assemblers. In that case, I really can't tell what the emitters are really good for when they have a crafting card.

Oh, well, if there's a guide for it that relies on it working, then it should work! From that guide I have a better understanding of how everything goes together... it really should work so I don't know what's going on. Is the version you're using the same version as in the guide?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

McFrugal posted:

Oh, well, if there's a guide for it that relies on it working, then it should work! From that guide I have a better understanding of how everything goes together... it really should work so I don't know what's going on. Is the version you're using the same version as in the guide?

I don't think so. He's talking about rv1 beta 9. I'm on rv1 stable, which I assume is later (?).

I'm thinking now of just plowing into creative mode and copying exact; color of cables and everything.

Edit: I think I'm figuring out finally how the toggle bus works, but I am getting an odd result. It will toggle the accelerator power, but somehow the formation plane on the far end is always-on. So if I just have some seeds in stock, they automatically jump into the network. Maybe that's right, but in testing in a creative game, I'm trying to put seeds in the network, and then start the crafting process. I guess if I start from the raw materials and have it assemble them, maybe it works fine. I can't tell.

Rocko Bonaparte fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jan 20, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is there a thing that lets me, like, upload my world map or whatever and see what I've explored? I remember there was a site that did it, but I'm not sure if that's still around or if there's a program that can show me an overview map of what I've explored so far.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Is there a thing that lets me, like, upload my world map or whatever and see what I've explored? I remember there was a site that did it, but I'm not sure if that's still around or if there's a program that can show me an overview map of what I've explored so far.

I use Unmined for vanilla, but I have no idea how well it supports mods because I have never tried.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Dunno-Lars posted:

Check the config folder, find the one for Better storage, change the IDs in that file to something else. Either find free space, or just start at something random, like 12653 and go up (random number). No need to remove any mods.

Looked at both config files and luckily the conflicts were easier to spot than I thought ! They aren't block issues though. Instead, it is enchantment IDs. Is there a limit to the number an enchantment can have? I want to change the numbers but I don't know what my range is to work with. Apparently 900 is too high.

Frickin doubleposted. Dammit.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Captain Invictus posted:

if you have journeymap it has an option to update a webserver dynamically but idk about anything else because gently caress maps!!!1

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

After loving around yesterday with a drawbridge roof on Luddite I must say I now understand why there are so many redstone mods. Good lord what a crock of poo poo that system is.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I figured it out. 255 is the limit. After some whack a mole I got it working I think. I mean it loads now at least.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

THE PENETRATOR posted:

if you have journeymap it has an option to update a webserver dynamically but idk about anything else because gently caress maps!!!1
Ah, I was hoping there was something that didn't actually require installing a mod.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
bukkit plugins aren't technically mods, and i know for a fact there's a bukkit webmap

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Can anyone recommend some client side mods? Minimaps, quality of life stuff, etc.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

neurotech posted:

Can anyone recommend some client side mods? Minimaps, quality of life stuff, etc.

Treecapitator, so you don't have to pillar up to cut down tall trees. Better Storage, for a ton of storage options. JourneyMap, because its an awesome in game map. EnchantingPlus adds some new enchants and an advanced enchanting table that lets you do more stuff with it, though I haven't built one in the current version yet so I don't know how it compares to the old Hexxit version. Pam's Harvestcraft adds a bunch of food if you like farming.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Client side the best thing besides a minimap is probably InventoryTweaks, which lets you sort inventories with the press of a button. Don't leave your house (or dirty spider hole) without it!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is there any way to reset one's quest book progress in HQM? I'm going to be playing with some friends on a server soon and I wouldn't mind partying up with them.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I think I just realized what they meant by client side. My bad.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I have a question about Thermal Expansion. Does the config for turning sounds off actually work? I tried to turn off the accumulator's sounds in a modpack I'm playing, and it did nothing. Noise Mufflers don't work either.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is there any way to reset one's quest book progress in HQM? I'm going to be playing with some friends on a server soon and I wouldn't mind partying up with them.

/hqm edit
Then use that cheaty book to reset all your quests.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

ToastyPotato posted:

Treecapitator, so you don't have to pillar up to cut down tall trees. Better Storage, for a ton of storage options. JourneyMap, because its an awesome in game map. EnchantingPlus adds some new enchants and an advanced enchanting table that lets you do more stuff with it, though I haven't built one in the current version yet so I don't know how it compares to the old Hexxit version. Pam's Harvestcraft adds a bunch of food if you like farming.

Im pretty sure Treecaptiator isn't client side, but gently caress it im posting about Veinminer anyway:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1292260-1-5-x-1-6-x-vein-miner-quickly-mine-veins-of-ore

Its better then Treecap, it works on trees, veins, pretty much anything. Its configurable too so if you dont give a rats rear end about "Balance" you can config it so anything can be veinmined BY anything. Yes, this means you can shift a desert with your hands alone, i hope you like hunger! :haw:

Works wonderfully with the various mods that add new kinds of stone. Run upto vein of Marble, whack with veinminer on, explore the new cavern you just made!

Just dont accidentally mine your entire house out. :ssh:

Edit: While im here, anyone know of anymore nice "movement" altering mods in Minecraft? I cant remember the only one i can think of's name but it'd let you climb up ledges and the like.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Thyrork posted:

Edit: While im here, anyone know of anymore nice "movement" altering mods in Minecraft? I cant remember the only one i can think of's name but it'd let you climb up ledges and the like.

You're thinking of Smart Moving. That's the only one I know of, outside of the various items that upgrade your movement in various ways added by Botania, Thaumcraft, Tinker's, and so on.

• Locked thread