Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

At least slot machine visual gives us a scene we'll never see in the real Berserk manga. Or at least not for another 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
The manga is cancelled actually. The only way to see the finale of the story and the resolution of all the plotlines is to win at the slot machine enough times

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

It isn't like a slot machine or a pachinko machine with weirdly high production values has any relation to real berserk games being made.

Behold, this is actually a Pachisuro machine!

That doesn't change a drat thing, does it?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

The manga is cancelled actually. The only way to see the finale of the story and the resolution of all the plotlines is to win at the slot machine enough times

That's only the bad ending and good ending. To see the true ending, you have to get all the slot machine endings then port your save over to idolmaster, start a new game, then win.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Guts: Oh... so it was all a dream. Time to go play some idolmaster
Griffith: I unlocked some new accessories that look really good, while you were asleep

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Guts: Oh... so it was all a dream. Time to go play some idolmaster
Griffith: I unlocked some new accessories that look really good, while you were asleep

Static shot of Guts braiding Griffith's hair as "The End" slowly fades into view.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Relin posted:

dont worry we'll have the new berserk game to tide us over while we wait https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDQtn1cYO6g
this is the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life

I don't understand Japan's thing with these sorts of niche arcade gambling machines at all

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

IronicDongz posted:

this is the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life

I don't understand Japan's thing with these sorts of niche arcade gambling machines at all

It's more or less the same with the Iron Man, Walking Dead and Michael Jackson licensed slot machines we have in NA.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Literally Kermit posted:

Static shot of Guts braiding Griffith's hair as "The End" slowly fades into view.

gently caress it. Works for me :munch:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Berserk would work best as a pinball machine.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Berserk would work best as a pinball machine.

There should be an "Elf Island Bonus" kickout hole that is located in a position that the ball can never reach.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
Every time I see posts in this thread, I think, can it be? A new berserk?

No its loving pachi-slot, (pachisuro). I hate all of you and now I hate anime

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Laphroaig posted:

I hate anime

This is probably a good thing

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu
With all the fan comics of other popular series, how have a group of enraged and bitter Berserk fans not banded together to put together a doujin series continuing the story? Even they only released at Comiket their schedule would be better than Miura's.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I don't want that to even exist.

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu
Might be for the best because inevitably it would descend into Guts and Schierke shipping.

Unacknowledged
Jul 20, 2004

Nobody likes me.
I thought those two hooking up was what the entire story was building up to though.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
the story is that time is cyclical and shierke will turn into a very old witch and Guts will turn into an armor bound ethereal skull knight unless they can break through the threads of destiny, and shierke will have sex with the little fire knife kid after the mermaid goes away

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Guts would never have sex with a child because he is a man of good justice who recalls the pain of being raped as a youth so even saying they would bang as a joke is ignorant to me

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so who is miuras favorite idol anyways

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

the story is that time is cyclical and shierke will turn into a very old witch and Guts will turn into an armor bound ethereal skull knight unless they can break through the threads of destiny, and shierke will have sex with the little fire knife kid after the mermaid goes away
So... Final Fantasy 8?

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I see you are as confused by Final Fantasy 8 as I was at the age of 9

Unacknowledged
Jul 20, 2004

Nobody likes me.

Guts would never have sex with a child because he is a man of good justice who recalls the pain of being raped as a youth so even saying they would bang as a joke is ignorant to me

I thought it was obvious that I was kidding, guess not.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Relin posted:

dont worry we'll have the new berserk game to tide us over while we wait https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDQtn1cYO6g

Anyone know the song to this advert I quite like it to be honest

Pleiades
Aug 20, 2006

quote:

With all the fan comics of other popular series, how have a group of enraged and bitter Berserk fans not banded together to put together a doujin series continuing the story? Even they only released at Comiket their schedule would be better than Miura's.

The fandom is very fractured, so a united effort would be very difficult to do. Unless, you're talking about the Japanese fandom? If this the case, I hope you ship Griffith/Guts! LOLOLOL!

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

please change thread title to this

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Pleiades posted:

The fandom is very fractured, so a united effort would be very difficult to do. Unless, you're talking about the Japanese fandom? If this the case, I hope you ship Griffith/Guts! LOLOLOL!

Uhhh that is the real ship though

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Berserk will be finished when the last book of A Song of Ice and Fire is published.

Pleiades
Aug 20, 2006

quote:

Uhhh that is the real ship though

I know that, but try telling that to the "dudebro" types.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

Berserk will be finished when the last book of A Song of Ice and Fire is published.

"Today, in the year 2052 Kentaro Miura passes away to natural causes. He had just recently finished chapter 340 of his hit and long-running series "Berserk". Next up, an more Americans are saying today they're willing to vote for a cyborg president...."

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

NutritiousSnack posted:

please change thread title to this

too long unfortunately :<

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I was playing Legend of Mana today, and look what I found on the ceiling of the blacksmith's workshop:

The Dragonslayer turns up in so many games. :O

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jan 19, 2015

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Frankenstein Dad posted:

I was playing Legend of Mana today, and look what I found on the ceiling of the blacksmith's workshop:

The Dragonslayer turns up in so many games. :O

Wow, I played the hell out of that game way before I ever read any Berserk and have no recollection of that being there. Pretty cool.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Can we not lock this loving thread until a new chapter comes out? I see 30+ new posts and get all excited to discover people are talking about Pachinko...

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Can you not complain like a baby because people are talking about Berserk

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't even know why people even look at the thread. If I see 50 new replies, I just assume it's everyone committing to a suicide pact after another one chapter year.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Can you not complain like a baby because people are talking about Berserk

You say that, but its only in the most loose sense. Its more people complaining about the fact there is no update and lamenting the fact that Miura has an Idol obsession.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
You came back to QQ, and the slot machine is good.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FiftySeven posted:

Can we not lock this loving thread until a new chapter comes out? I see 30+ new posts and get all excited to discover people are talking about Pachinko...

You could just not use the thread as a chapter detection system? Seems like it'd be easier, and people could still talk about Berserk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
The only way I had fun in Dark Souls 2 was by building and playing as Guts