Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Got to the end of this awesome thread, so I thought I would share a picture of my stupid cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Not a picture, but I just talked to my parents the other day and she was telling me about some new habits the cats have picked up that I thought were funny/cute.

The oldest one (who's always been a bit weird) now refuses to drink out of anything other than a cup of water in the bathtub. And the little runt kitten now insists on "combing" my mom's long hair with his claws every morning. I guess he just now figured out it was there or something and he's fascinated. :3:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Kimmalah posted:

And the little runt kitten now insists on "combing" my mom's long hair with his claws every morning. I guess he just now figured out it was there or something and he's fascinated. :3:

He's kneading her hair because he's trying to stimulate the milk production of your mom's head. Some cats will continue to do that their whole lives. Cats are kind of silly that way.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Small Frozen Thing posted:

He's kneading her hair because he's trying to stimulate the milk production of your mom's head. Some cats will continue to do that their whole lives. Cats are kind of silly that way.

Oh believe me, we know all about kneading. The older cat I mentioned will continuously knead your lap so hard it's like getting a deep massage or something. The younger cat is turning out to be a lot like him actually. :v:

Fuzz1138
Feb 3, 2013

We don't have to dream that we're important. We are.
I know some people who don't like them for whatever reason, but I've always thought squirrels were adorable.

And they come in different flavors. :3:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Fuzz1138 posted:

I know some people who don't like them for whatever reason, but I've always thought squirrels were adorable.

And they come in different flavors. :3:

I like em!!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Typically your love for squirrels is inversely proportional to the number of bird feeders you have :argh:.

Donna right after I got her.

A little later, causing trouble.

Donna (with Mittens) no longer a kitten. Still trouble.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

ThingOne posted:

Typically your love for squirrels is inversely proportional to the number of bird feeders you have :argh:.

I never really understood the hate for them in relation to bird feeders. You're putting food out there, then you get picky about what shows up?

But when my parents had that problem they just put out a squirrel feeder (literally just a board stuck to a tree with a dry ear of corn jammed upright on it). Problem solved.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Because if I had wanted to see one of the little grey shits I could have looked out any window and seem 3-4 of them. Once they finished with the squirrel feeder they would've went right back to the bird feeder and then the trashcan , garden, and anything else they could get their grubby little paws on. The only thing that kept our yard relatively clear was the fact that my dog caught and ate the drat things.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

At my last job people would occasionally put nuts on the windowsill for the squirrels in our garden. Turns out you have to keep that up forever once you start, or they come in and wreck your desk looking for food.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Turns out you have to keep that up forever once you start, or they come in and wreck your desk looking for food.

The squirrels or your coworkers?

I kept a little bowl of candy at my desk when I worked at a call center but once word got around people were emptying it so quickly I couldn't afford to keep it filled. Reminded me of when I had a bird feeder!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I once watched a squirrel mucking about in a tree, one of those birch trees that have these long dangling branches (like so). It tried to jump from one branch to another, but fell short and ended up grasping the end of one of those dangling branches with its front paws, swinging around like motherfucking Tarzan on a vine. I'm not sure if I've ever laughed so hard at an animal in my life.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

I love that you have a cat named Donna. I love cats with everyday people names.

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Geolicious posted:

Jack agrees with you!

Jack loves belly rubs, frequently brings his toy mice to you to play fetch with for a while, and is the cutest sleeper in the whole big wide world.

(edited to add) - there's nothing in any of those pictures to provide any sense of scale, but Jack is also pretty near 15 pounds of not-really-fat cat. He is a big, big boy and made completely of love. :)

Acid Reflux has a new favorite as of 15:27 on Jan 19, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

lookit that smug little fucker

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Kimmalah posted:

I never really understood the hate for them in relation to bird feeders. You're putting food out there, then you get picky about what shows up?

They scare the birds away when they're all over the feeder, and they empty it out before the birds can get to it. So what you wanna see is chill fluttering birdies grabbing a bite or two, and what you get is spastic rodents who will eat anything.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Geolicious posted:

Her full name is Donna Camilla. Originally Don Camillo until the vet told me that he was actually a she. I chose the name because the first thing she did when I brought her home is pick a fight with my feet and later, the toilet.

ThingOne has a new favorite as of 17:20 on Jan 19, 2015

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I think pine martens are cute.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Acid Reflux posted:

Jack agrees with you!

Jack loves belly rubs, frequently brings his toy mice to you to play fetch with for a while, and is the cutest sleeper in the whole big wide world.

(edited to add) - there's nothing in any of those pictures to provide any sense of scale, but Jack is also pretty near 15 pounds of not-really-fat cat. He is a big, big boy and made completely of love. :)

Jack is almost identical to my human-named cat Mona! :3:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkemK00kPo4

An ermine in a tree.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
x post from the idiots on social media thread;

My friend's physically disabled.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

Where is that from? It looks familiar but I can't for the life of me remember where I've seen it before.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

StrangersInTheNight posted:

They scare the birds away when they're all over the feeder, and they empty it out before the birds can get to it. So what you wanna see is chill fluttering birdies grabbing a bite or two, and what you get is spastic rodents who will eat anything.

I guess I don't get it because I personally put feeders out to feed stuff instead of birdwatch. :shrug: If squirrels show up, it's fine with me because. Plus they're pretty cute too, not really "spastic rodents."

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Kimmalah posted:

I guess I don't get it because I personally put feeders out to feed stuff instead of birdwatch. :shrug: If squirrels show up, it's fine with me because. Plus they're pretty cute too, not really "spastic rodents."

A squirrel stole a Cheeto straight out of my wife's hand while she wasn't paying attention in a park once. She has an undying hatred for them ever since.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

TwoQuestions posted:

Where is that from? It looks familiar but I can't for the life of me remember where I've seen it before.

I'm not sure, sorry. A friend sent me the imgur link, and that was the first time I'd seen it. I just thought it was lovely, and wanted to share it here.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Violet_Sky posted:

x post from the idiots on social media thread;

My friend's physically disabled.

Best of luck to them!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pussyfooting around.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Pussyfooting around.

Eeeee that is so cute why is he walking like that?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Sociopastry posted:

The story I heard (don't know how true) is the cat lived in horse stables, so it mimicked the way the horses walked.

Like this dog that was raised by cats!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

kannonfodder posted:

The story I heard (don't know how true) is the cat lived in horse stables, so it mimicked the way the horses walked.

Well, I've seen a video where a squirrel, adopted by a cat, learned to purr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHT1nAX46dM

Purring at 1:30ish

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kannonfodder posted:

Is that a Corgi crossbreed? :allears:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Nope, think it's a husky.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

TwoQuestions posted:

http://tallychyck.deviantart.com/art/Monsters-And-Dames-2010-141108997

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is that a Corgi crossbreed? :allears:

Nope, just a husky who sits down like a cat!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I think animals acting like another species is my new favorite thing.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
I always enjoyed the Cat/Crow friendship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0wYaXYwP-w

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Sociopastry posted:

You see something like that in older animals losing their eyesight. Its basically trying to feel ahead for obstacles.

Or its just a weird cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I've seen cats walking like that when they have something stuck to them. Maybe on the other side.

• Locked thread