Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Gotta clear some stuff off of my backlog; this dude's been sitting on my desk waiting for his decals for about 2/3rds of a year now. I present The Retribution of Pintax:

One seriously great looking Knight who stands over a skull made of miniature skulls :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

Sulecrist posted:

Who are you planning on playing games with? Worst case scenario, you can just counts-as regular space marines and pick the chapter tactic that seems most appropriate (Salamanders, probably?)

I'd just play casually at first at the local store, but I'd consider doing tourneys eventually. I figured I could just use them as regular marines no matter what, but I didn't know if you could field a complete lotd army like you used to be able to. I think you answered my question though, and that's not possible.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

OhDearGodNo posted:

Goddamnit I spent my Sunday assembling 3 wraiths and painting the last of my warriors.

I go to do the final assembly of the Warriors and I'm missing an insert. One.

Try using the ink holder from a ball point pin, the clear plastic kind, it kind of sucks but you can paint it at least and cut it to the length needed. You may get lucky and find one that's very similar in diameter.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Paul Proteus posted:

I'd just play casually at first at the local store, but I'd consider doing tourneys eventually. I figured I could just use them as regular marines no matter what, but I didn't know if you could field a complete lotd army like you used to be able to. I think you answered my question though, and that's not possible.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-workshop-digital-editions/Codex-Legion-of-the-Damned.html

It's just an army of LoTD squads, no characters or vehicles or dreadnoughts, but you can technically field an all-LoTD army.
Here's a discussion: http://www.talkwargaming.com/2014/03/new-release-codex-legion-of-damned.html

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Hollismason posted:

I wonder if it's a possibility of getting Triarch stalkers in multiples of 1-3, that's been a pretty common move or at least Formations that allow you take above the normal amount for walkers at least, Chaos has them, Dark Eldar have them for Talos. It's such a excellent model I'd like to use the 2 I have but ever time it's like uh....wait.

So, like... what (among the Necron sub-par elite choices) are you clogging up your elite slots with that you can't use two Triarch Stalkers?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Tequila Ranger posted:

So, like... what (among the Necron sub-par elite choices) are you clogging up your elite slots with that you can't use two Triarch Stalkers?

I bring a C'tan to every game and no one can stop me.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

OhDearGodNo posted:

Goddamnit I spent my Sunday assembling 3 wraiths and painting the last of my warriors.

I go to do the final assembly of the Warriors and I'm missing an insert. One.

The green rod?

Where do you live? I'm sure there's someone close by who can send you one. I'm in aus. And I definitely have soared.

Cataphract fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 19, 2015

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

thegodofchuck posted:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-workshop-digital-editions/Codex-Legion-of-the-Damned.html

It's just an army of LoTD squads, no characters or vehicles or dreadnoughts, but you can technically field an all-LoTD army.
Here's a discussion: http://www.talkwargaming.com/2014/03/new-release-codex-legion-of-damned.html

Thanks for sending this.

Has the deep strike issue been fixed in errata, or do you still auto lose?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Paul Proteus posted:

Thanks for sending this.

Yes and no.

You can have pretty much everything in reserve now, which is great for Deathwing armies and drop pod-centric armies--but if you have nothing on the board at the end of a game turn then you still auto-lose.

So uh, don't do a full LotD army, basically.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

AbusePuppy posted:

Prepare to get the exact opposite of that. "Ah, I see my interesting an unique special rule that made me play differently from other armies in the game has been replaced with, uh, Adamantium Will. Well, that's basically just as good, I see no reason to object."

Well Reanimation Protocols are still going to be a thing, but I'm thinking it will probably be on a 6+ now. Leviathan had the one Necron ability that gives a +1 to the roll that stacks with other sources but cannot bring it below a 4.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Gotta clear some stuff off of my backlog; this dude's been sitting on my desk waiting for his decals for about 2/3rds of a year now. I present The Retribution of Pintax:

This is pretty dope. That gold is real nice, and the transfers look good. The caution stripes look dope too; did you use some really thin painter's tape for them?

Had a painting day today and got to about the halfway point on my Scions command squad, which was pretty cool. The manager at the FLGS I used to go to died today though, and that's a huge bummer. I hadn't been there in a long time, but I stlil knew the guy and liked hanging out there a bunch.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Cataphract posted:

The green rod?

Where do you live? I'm sure there's someone close by who can send you one. I'm in aus. And I definitely have soared.

I'm in the US. for now he's sidelined as a marker awaiting resurrection but there's one of those rare GWs nearby and the guy has a bitz box with free poo poo. I can probably get one there when I get the time to drive an hour out.

I looked for a bic pen but no dice.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
As someone who has been playing imperial armies since the dawn of forever, is the necron battleforce a worthwhile purchase?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

DJ Dizzy posted:

As someone who has been playing imperial armies since the dawn of forever, is the necron battleforce a worthwhile purchase?

New codex inbound... so hold off

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Aww poo poo, the Solar Auxilia is rolling out the big guns.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Lord Twisted posted:

New codex inbound... so hold off

But but but models...

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Paul Proteus posted:

Thanks for sending this.

I don't actually have the codex, but the comments state:

Some random dude on that other site posted:

aid from beyond is not a mission rule for the first mission it is in the glossary as a 'universal rule" for the entire army

the first mission is echoes of war and aid from beyond is not mentioned there anywhere.

aid from beyond is first mention in the glossary page 51

All units from the Legion of the Damned detachment arrive from Reserve at the start of the Legion of the Damned player’s Turn 1. These units must enter play via Deep Strike as normal.

read it anyway you want the legion is a detachment and all lotd detachments arrive via deep strike on turn 1

And as I understand, BL auto-updates their digital codexes, so that could very well have been a change put in rather than something that was always there.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Necron Decurion formation.

quote:

You basically can chose a base formation that includes all of your basic units.
It must contain: - 1 Overlord (or Zandrek, Anraky, Trazyn or a Barge), 2 units of Warriors, 1 of Immortal and 1 of Tomb Blades.
You lose Objectives Secured, Overlord and all units from this formation within 12" reroll 1 to Protocols, and two fluffy but not usually useful rules: Move through Cover and Relentless (in case you really want to charge with your Warriors/Immortals after shooting =/, which is funny because even in the WD they realize it's the only use).
You can add 6 units of Warriors, 3 of Immortals, 2 Lychguards, 2 Tomb Blades if I remember correctly and 3 Monoliths.
No reroll on the Warlord table for it, probably because it's not really a normal detachment.

Once done you can add a Royal court formation: 1 Overlord (same as previously except it can be the Stormlord now), up to 3 Cryptek and up to 3 Lords.

Then, you can add up to 10 of the available formations, which are all about a theme, in any number if I've read it right, (which I'll be able to confirm later today) so you can go full Destroyer if you want for example:
- One is 1 Destroyer Lord, 3 units of Destroyer, and can add 1 unit of Heavy Destroyers (Ohhhhhhhhh, they are no longer Destroyer upgrades?).
- One allow you to add a Nightbringer Shard, Deceiver Shard, ACtan or Vault. (Ohhhhhhhh, they refer to the shards by their name!)
- One is 2 Annihilation Barge and a Doomsday Ark
- I think there is one with an Obelisk and 2 Monoliths.
- One is 1 Spyder, 1 unit of Wraiths, 1 of Scarabs
- 1 Stalker and 2 Praetorians
- 1 unit of Deathmarks (yup, just 1 if I remember right)
- 1 unit of Flayed Ones
- One is up to 4 Doom Scythes (remember folks, I go from memory so I may be messing up numbers)
And so on, I have no idea if these formations can be taken outside of the Decurion, as I didn't have enough time to read in detail. Also I'm pretty sure that there are no Night Scythes and Ghost Arks formations, thus they shall still be dedicated transports I suppose.

Also I do not expect anything else for the Necrons as the end of the WD refer for the following week to "Dance of Death".

These formations are getting comple, but it does seem to allow some funny options.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Here's another in insane rumour from BOLS

quote:

“I have your first Necron leak for you.

There will be a few new rules but no new units (And the obligatory 7th Ed “Balance” that we have all come to know and love)

a grand total of 12 hot new formations, ranging from mostly chaff to absolutely broken.

One of the bigger changes is that Cryptexs and Necron Lords now occupy an HQ slot of their own. For every HQ character in your list, you are allowed to take one of the new Cryptex/Lord detachment (ala warlock council) which is between one and five characters each.

The old royal courts we know and love are gone, but are now a formation (Aptly called a Royal Court) consisting of an Overlord, 1+ Cryptexs, and 1+ Lords.

The Overlord may not take a Command Barge, and all the characters are clumped into one unit.
+1 to reanimation protocol (which is not going away or changing) which stacks with a resurrection orb, and some other buffs that I can’t remember, but one had to do with phaerons (Oh, and any phaeron in your detachment MUST be your overlord).”

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/01/40k-necrons-the-1st-rules-arrive.html

I doubt this just because it states " Overlord may not take a Command Barge", that'd require them to repackage a box specifically to not include a model.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

I doubt this just because it states " Overlord may not take a Command Barge", that'd require them to repackage a box specifically to not include a model.

This makes no sense. It's a formation, not a box set or a codex entry.

... You have to be doing this on purpose.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

LordAba posted:

This makes no sense. It's a formation, not a box set or a codex entry.

... You have to be doing this on purpose.

That one was first put up by Natfka, aka it's full of poo poo. It's so bad the person had to send an update because the logic was retarded in his first version.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

That one was first put up by Natfka, aka it's full of poo poo. It's so bad the person had to send an update because the logic was retarded in his first version.
Well? Post the update then.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

thegodofchuck posted:

And as I understand, BL auto-updates their digital codexes, so that could very well have been a change put in rather than something that was always there.

It's been there since release, so Aid from Beyond is a rule that isn't actually attached to a unit but appears in the glossary. I don't think it's been changed either, so :iiam:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Hollismason posted:

It means the Overlord taken as part of that formation can't have a Destroyer Body, not Overlords in general. GW've done that sort of restriction in formations before.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Mango Polo posted:

Aww poo poo, the Solar Auxilia is rolling out the big guns.

Can't wait to buy one and find out half the parts don't fit

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Can someone identify what sort technique is used for the red here?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Looks like he painted red, then did some edge highlighting and maybe a light wash?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Theres definitely a wash of some kind yeah, it might be basecoated, washed the entire model in black, and then drybrushed with the red basecoat followed by edge highlights.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'd guess Mephiston Red washed with Agrax and highlighted.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Zark the Damned posted:

It means the Overlord taken as part of that formation can't have a Destroyer Body, not Overlords in general. GW've done that sort of restriction in formations before.

My mom was right. Interacting with dumb people does make you dumber. :v:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Long shot, but does anyone have an extra tank turret lying around? For like, a chimera or a leman russ or something? I wanna put a looty killkannon on my battlewagon but right now I only have the barrel.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

Long shot, but does anyone have an extra tank turret lying around? For like, a chimera or a leman russ or something? I wanna put a looty killkannon on my battlewagon but right now I only have the barrel.

The gun-thing or the revolving thing? Also, what gun do you have? A chimera turret really isnt a good fit for a battle cannon gun.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The revolvy thing. I think what I have right now is like... a battle cannon? SRM gave it to me, he can confirm or deny.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Just tried out honour guard, chapter master and inquisitor with psychotrokes and plasma syphon in a drop pod. They absolutely annihilated half the enemy army over 4 turns. Very impressed with them, but you have to be so careful not to expose them to too much AP2. Expensive unit as well, but supported by 30 tacticals, flyers and artillery they work very well. Can recommend.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
I might have one of the boxy battlewagon turrets around if you wanted one of those instead. I got a few extra when I was ebaying wagon zap guns/cannons for artillery, though I know at least a few were used in bits raiding.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Oh! Sure, that works too! You don't have the little manhole cover bit, do you? I can't seem to find mine.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

PeterWeller posted:

My mom was right. Interacting with dumb people does make you dumber. :v:

Guilty as charged. Of course I meant Command Barge. Bleh.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Lungboy posted:

I'd guess Mephiston Red washed with Agrax and highlighted.

Probably Carroburg Crimson

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Quick question for the nid players: Zoanthropes manifesting Warp Blast on the turn they rolled out of a Tyrannocyte: legit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Fix posted:

Quick question for the nid players: Zoanthropes manifesting Warp Blast on the turn they rolled out of a Tyrannocyte: legit?

Sounds about right to me, since you generate powers in the Psychic Phase after movement is done now.

• Locked thread