Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the only announcer i know is jerry "the king" lawler. i heard he got a heart attack during a match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well whoever I'm talking about is the guy who's on the other side of the dude in the middle, that isn't King.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That was an awesome match.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And the one guy I did know about before hand, Paul Bearer, just emerged from the darkness with a urn. What the hell was I doing with my life.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

undertaker was a source of great inspiration or me as a 90's child who liked death, dark things, thinking about murder and having greasy hair. i remember when he slammed yokozuna into a massive coffin.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr. Pumroy posted:

undertaker was a source of great inspiration or me as a 90's child who liked death, dark things, thinking about murder and having greasy hair. i remember when he slammed yokozuna into a massive coffin.

Holy crap. I have a lot of poo poo to catch up on.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhSh35ryueA

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Welcome to wrestling. Go find when the ministry leader is revealed to Austin.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh okay I saw the announcer names again and yea I can see why Michael Cole would suck a little but he's funny bounced off the other guys. Matt Striker is the guy I like.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Speaking of all that, it's a Kane vs Undertaker match on to close up this event I believe.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kane needs to get the oxygen, the blood flowing back to his brain... so he can think of more sadistic thoughts!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw7_Rip9z20&t=20s

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know if this is a dumb question but is there a rule that you can't just cover up someone again if they kick out of a pin or is that a dramatic thing, them just sitting dumbstruck after the pin is broken.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

I don't know if this is a dumb question but is there a rule that you can't just cover up someone again if they kick out of a pin or is that a dramatic thing, them just sitting dumbstruck after the pin is broken.

There's no rule no, sometimes it happens. But it makes sense that if they kick out once they can probably do it again?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess but it seems bizarre for example to see Kane get kicked off Undertaker and just sit on his rear end while Undertaker lies nearly motionless but it also just happens in a lot of matches, almost all the ones I seen I think. Same with the Sheamus one where instead of beating on the dude he starts acting like the ref is out of his mind on the count. I figured it's either a rule or just a dramatic device. There's other pretty jarring stuff about the action in what I've watched so far but this in particular strikes me as weird.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Holy crap, this has every wrestlemania since 1 in it. Is it even possible, hell is it even healthy to watch this much WWE in the span of a month.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It has every WWE pay per view ever, and a lot of other brands they've bought over the years. I will often leave it on my TV for hours while I game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

It has every WWE pay per view ever, and a lot of other brands they've bought over the years. I will often leave it on my TV for hours while I game

Is there any way to set up a playlist.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Wrestlemania 3 savage vs. dragon, one of the best

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

King of the Ring 1998 taker vs. mankind, one that gets talked about a lot and one of the most brutal ever, a must see

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXV

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

But I could go on and on

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wonder if I'll see my parents in one of these videos since I know they been to a Wrestlemania near New England at least once.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

I wonder if I'll see my parents in one of these videos since I know they been to a Wrestlemania near New England at least once.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xml1o0_a-girl-in-the-crowd-entertains-triple-h-too_lifestyle

Is this your mom

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Wormskull posted:

The Miz, John Morrison, and Daniel Bryan left the cell and are smashing each other into the audience and The Miz just brought out a huge tool cabinet and smashed it into John Morrison and the commentator called him Possibly the most Cunning Wrestler.
lmao

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
this was a good time to get the wwe network cuz the royal rumble is on sunday and the rumble is always fun

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Oh okay I saw the announcer names again and yea I can see why Michael Cole would suck a little but he's funny bounced off the other guys. Matt Striker is the guy I like.

a lot of people hate striker but i like him, wwe fired him a while ago

striker used to manage epic fat wrestler big daddy v so i will love him forever

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the rock tweeted about osamas death before it was officially announced

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Wrestling is cool, brother. Watch Raw tonight at 8 on the USA channel

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

watching raw is a good way to not like wrestling

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's too long but I still watch it every week while doing other things. The last 3 months has been especially boring because nothing has happened. This Sunday kicks off wrestlemania season though, should be a good show. You're probably better off just watching a shitload of pay per views on the Network

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

elf help book posted:

watching raw is a good way to not like wrestling

Actually on second thought yeah watch New Japan Pro Wrestling instead. It's the best wrestling ever made.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTatkYU8wJQ

I don't care for sports games but this is probably my favorite best of GB Ive watched so far.

I can appreciate a baseball game that lets you nail the batter.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

If you want to get into any of the weekly programming, check out NXT. It's only 1 hour a week and their PPV equivalent specials (NXT Takeover) are basically all excellent.

Judging from what you've said here I think you would like Enzo and Big Cass from that particular program.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NXT is good but I wish they would like pump fake audio in or something because watching a wrestling match with a tiny crowd is really weird

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

NXT is good but I wish they would like pump fake audio in or something because watching a wrestling match with a tiny crowd is really weird

I actually find the crowd to be too loud a lot of the time because everyone is just dying to chant SOMETHING, ANYTHING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Is there anywhere to watch hood slam? I live on the east coast but still want to see it.