Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You left your passport under the seat of your car for weeks? :crossarms:

Not saying you deserved it, but, well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Completely covered with garbage. I did a job interview a month or so ago and forgot about it. I threw it in the pages of an old notebook and tossed it under the seat underneath the fire extinguisher I think after going to my other job right after the interview, which was in a locked parking lot. Then I forgot about it :v: Nothing else was touched, and only some quarts of oil and the subwoofer were visible.

Broke the rear window, opened the driver's door, and rifled through stuff. Ignored the motorcycle tire on the passenger seat :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
gently caress thieves

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
God I'm going to be pulling glass out of the seats for years!

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

leica posted:

Don't know if anyone else watches football, but I'm a Packer fan and the game yesterday was probably the most brutal loss I've ever seen by them and I've been watching games since the horrible Lynn Dickey era. I usually don't get too upset by football games but Jesus this was a hard one to take, I've never seen a game just given away by a myriad of mistakes in the final minutes before. Unbelievable.

Lynn Dickey was good, the rest of the team was terrible. Forrest Gregg and Dan Devine were not very good coaches.

Placing most of the blame for this one on McCarthy. It is nothing new. He constantly goes into a shell when he gets a lead in big games, and in this game he did it way before I think people even realize. He refuses to see football as an emotional game, and running on passing plays takes the emotion out of your team and shows a lack of trust in the offense. With the talent on this team that is inexcusable. His comments after the game were idiotic "don't regret anything" and "was targeting 20 plus running plays in the second half". Who cares how many running plays you have in the second half? Why would that even be in your thought process?

I still maintain that in 20 years, someone will be reading a bio on McCarthy and be like "Holy poo poo, THAT GUY won a Super Bowl?". 25 years of MVP quarterbacking has netted 2 SB wins. gently caress it, rant over. Between this, the Brewers epic collapse, and the Badgers getting knocked out of the final 4 by a rental player hitting a 3 it has been a very tough sports year for the cheeseheads.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Don't forget getting obliterated by OSU.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Geirskogul posted:

Welp, somebody broke into my car. What did they steal? No, not the stereo. No, not the seven 4-quart jugs of oil. No, not the subwoofer. They rifled through everything and stole a spiral notebook folder that had my resume and my passport in it.

Yeah, my fault for leaving my passport in my car. To be honest, I shoved it into the notebook and shoved that under the seat weeks ago after a job interview.

Someone broke into my car and stole a broken Zune and a cell phone charging cable. Fuckers. Also, apparently subaru side windows are hard to find in the IE, so I had to go to some shady shop which took 3 visits to get right.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

nm posted:

Someone broke into my car and stole a broken Zune and a cell phone charging cable. Fuckers. Also, apparently subaru side windows are hard to find in the IE, so I had to go to some shady shop which took 3 visits to get right.

Buddy of mine who lived in a lovely area of Dallas (Oak Cliff, for DFW goons) had his car broken into at work and all they took was his basket of dirty laundry. There was cash, CDs, speakers, all kinds of poo poo in it. But dirty laundry was apparently all they wanted.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh, thieves. There's been a rash of apartment break ins all over town. They seem to be targeting complexes one at a time and our cop neighbor moved.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Geirskogul posted:

Broke the rear window, opened the driver's door, and rifled through stuff. Ignored the motorcycle tire on the passenger seat :v:

Easiest window to replace ever. You can probably even reuse the window rubber. Get a new window, wrap a long piece of strong twine into the window channel, put it around the window, get the assembly in place from the outside and slowly pull the twine inside, which will pull the sealing flap of rubber back inside with it, boom, done.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Re: Snapchatte / snapcatte, I think General Wiggles / s.madhavan may have the best catte ever. Every time I see a snap of that big fluffy cat I go all :3:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

meatpimp posted:

Easiest window to replace ever. You can probably even reuse the window rubber. Get a new window, wrap a long piece of strong twine into the window channel, put it around the window, get the assembly in place from the outside and slowly pull the twine inside, which will pull the sealing flap of rubber back inside with it, boom, done.

I just purchased some popout windows off of ebay, along with some pinchwelt. Guess I always have to do things the difficult way.

In the meantime:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

BraveUlysses posted:

gently caress thieves
I've had someone go through the window to break into a car that wasn't locked.

Just shoot the fuckers.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Gorson posted:

Lynn Dickey was good, the rest of the team was terrible.

Fair enough, but he's honestly the only player I remember from that era, I was probably ten years old watching those games. Forrest Gregg, uuugh.

quote:

Placing most of the blame for this one on McCarthy.

Agreed. Not going for it on 4th and inches for a touchdown twice in a row left me knowing it was going to bite them in the rear end. Never mind the defense dominating all day then going into conservative mode when the hawks were coming back. I don't get his style of coaching.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

InitialDave posted:

I've had someone go through the window to break into a car that wasn't locked.

Just shoot the fuckers.

I know a guy who had a miata roof cut when unlocked.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

Broke the rear window,

That SUCKS. Sorry to see it.

But just order some 550 "paracord" and window glass.

Then all you need is dish soap and maybe someone else to help you hold the window in.

You put the old window gasket on the new window then wrap the paracord around it. Lube the inside of the gasket with straight dish soap. Place the largest side (the bottom) on the ledge in position and then use the cord to pull the inside half of the gasket in as someone else holds the window up/to the car. Make sure the "other end" is inside the car so it doesn't slip. Just tie it off to the seat or something.

Sometimes you get ahead of the cord and need a bit of help.......try not to use a flat head screwdriver for this. Use a plastic tool or start over.

Once you've done this a couple of times it's easy.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Motronic posted:

That SUCKS. Sorry to see it.

But just order some 550 "paracord" and window glass.

Then all you need is dish soap and maybe someone else to help you hold the window in.

You put the old window gasket on the new window then wrap the paracord around it. Lube the inside of the gasket with straight dish soap. Place the largest side (the bottom) on the ledge in position and then use the cord to pull the inside half of the gasket in as someone else holds the window up/to the car. Make sure the "other end" is inside the car so it doesn't slip. Just tie it off to the seat or something.

Sometimes you get ahead of the cord and need a bit of help.......try not to use a flat head screwdriver for this. Use a plastic tool or start over.

Once you've done this a couple of times it's easy.

This sounds really easy, but I looked at the silver lining of today's situation, and did this:

and, because my steering has gotten a little loosey-goosey, but the tie rods are good and the tires stay aligned, I also did this:

Not pictured: some black pinchwelt I also purchased.

Am I going to hate myself more? There are surprisingly few videos online about popout window installation.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

T1g4h posted:

Re: Snapchatte / snapcatte, I think General Wiggles / s.madhavan may have the best catte ever. Every time I see a snap of that big fluffy cat I go all :3:

Anybody have the link to the Snapchatte thread?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

This sounds really easy, but I looked at the silver lining of today's situation, and did this:

Am I going to hate myself more? There are surprisingly few videos online about popout window installation.

I think some years were riveted in (on the hinge side). Should be fine drilling those out and putting in pop rivets. Otherwise it's just screws.

So, hell yeah that should be easy.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Clicky.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CommieGIR posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678240

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Here you go.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CommieGIR posted:

Right here

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

What the gently caress. My life is a joke. I just want my drat Vicodin and Soma but CVS can't find my insurance info in their system even though I was here on Wednesday AND Friday.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

Welp, somebody broke into my car. What did they steal? No, not the stereo. No, not the seven 4-quart jugs of oil. No, not the subwoofer. They rifled through everything and stole a spiral notebook folder that had my resume and my passport in it.

Have you reported it stolen yet? This is real important.

The fact that your resume was went with it is double plus bad. All that personal info + passport is a bad guy's wet dream.

My friend had his passport stolen and didn't do anything about it, when he tried to get a replacement a few months later he was detained and had to talk to several un-fun people in suits.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Super Aggro Crag posted:

What the gently caress. My life is a joke. I just want my drat Vicodin and Soma but CVS can't find my insurance info in their system even though I was here on Wednesday AND Friday.

And yet we have morons running around screaming about death panels and poo poo.

This is the poo poo that kills people. Fuckwad insurance companies. Why is insurance still a for profit business? I can rant more but phone postin.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Also if anyone else has Spintires add me on steam and we'll get stuck in the mug together :V

iForgeSA

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

RIP E30

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

drat, how do you have intact hips?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I'm 6'4" and I have a 28in waist so that's some of it I'm guessing, the rest of it is superior german engineering?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Seriously. Now i'm definitely glad you're alright, that could have been way worse :gonk:

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Sad for the car, way more loving happy you're alright.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

meatpimp posted:

Gotcha. I assumed Australia would have a similar structure to the way America accommodates its original land occupiers.

Depending on where you live, it's actually considerably more difficult for the original land occupiers to gain any kind of benefit. There's a policy called the Intervention that is claimed policy to isolate welfare payments in the Northern Territory so the Aboriginals dont buy booze and ciggies / drugs. It of course doesnt work, it only makes life harder for them. The actual real problem is also of course a lack of services and jobs, the services are being withdrawn in many places due to "cost cutting", schooling is extremely limited and the jobs are usually either fly in / flyouts or 457 visas and illegal overstayers who fly in, mixed in with 3 month tourist visas. Thence you have a population who have no education, no jobs and no hope. Of course they are going to drink themselves to oblivion!

Now some programs that NGO's have done have targeted the real issues and have worked pretty well to get Aboriginal communities out of poverty and hopelessness. But also get this - the current LNP govt are DEFUNDING these NGO's and leaving no alternatives to the Intervention!

I might point out that the Intervention policies aren't outright targeted at Aborginals, but because they make the majority of the populations int he areas targeted, they are the ones who get bent over. If you are white and live in those communities you would be equally hit but the fact is that whites are more likely to be able to GTFO or get work with a better education.

It's honestly really hosed up and the withdrawal of funding for the NGO's is what really is appalling. Those organisations were making a real difference.

What really pisses me off about Tumblr SJW's is they poo poo on about "their" version of social justice, when you got actual hosed up things like the above going on and they don't give a poo poo about genuine injustice for a second. And the thing that really gets my hackles up is that actually doing something... like say language services for Aboriginal and Refugees is actually pretty easy to get into and also highly rewarding. I've done that and it was awesome - if somewhat occasionally hair raising when they tell the stories of how they got to Australia and what lead them to run - say an Afghan matter of factly telling of his escape from the Taliban and showing the place he was shot in the leg. Or an Iraqi man seeing a bunch of his relatives blown to bits by a car bomb. Or a Somali who hid in a shitter while knife weilding gangs are raping the poo poo out of his sister. These people are far more worthwhile than any number of fat fuckwit politicans or mining magnates.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

At least it was an automatic es. Think of it as an opportunity to upgrade?

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
This is basically my job: http://issendai.livejournal.com/572510.html

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Korwen posted:

Sad for the car, way more loving happy you're alright.

Yup. Glad you're in good health after that!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

dubzee posted:

Have you reported it stolen yet? This is real important.

The fact that your resume was went with it is double plus bad. All that personal info + passport is a bad guy's wet dream.

My friend had his passport stolen and didn't do anything about it, when he tried to get a replacement a few months later he was detained and had to talk to several un-fun people in suits.

I tried, earlier today, and they're closed for the holiday :suicide:

I have an alarm to do it tomorrow.

Really surprised the windshield is only a little cracked :stonk:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

God drat dude.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

iwentdoodie posted:

Don't forget getting obliterated by OSU.

What was funny about that game were all the "experts" picking WI to win because OSU was on their third string QB. Uh, Cardale Jones was more highly recruited than anyone on the Wisconsin team. I did not think they had a chance but didn't think they'd get beat 59-0. gently caress you, Gary Anderson. Chryst is the coach we all wanted before they hired Bert (we loving hate him), so it is a happy ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Okay...

No real damage, and the gate is still locked, but it was up on some jackstands and the jackstands are gone. I'm going to sit in the back patio with my pistol tonight, gently caress jesus I'm not going to file this one online

E: on the center stand with jackstands under the front and rear on 2x4s to keep it from tipping fore/aft. No way it tipped over by itself. I've only been gone for an hour!

E2: the wheels I took off a few days ago, they're at the shop getting tires mounted tomorrow.

• Locked thread