Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What all did silver chariot requiem do again?

Made people fall asleep, made them swap bodies, made their stands stronger, protected the arrow, made people become demons from another world?

The real disappointing part in part 5 is that Trish and Fugo didn't get more fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it did some random poo poo and then giorno turned into goku and won

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

And that was a good ending because it combined two really good things (Giorno, Goku).

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Why did Giorno think that driving into the river was a good way to fight white album

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
He won, so I guess he was right

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

FirstAidKite posted:

Why did Giorno think that driving into the river was a good way to fight white album

Something about the temperature of the water taking longer to freeze or something. He realized like a page later what a stupid idea it was when the guy has already shown he can freeze air.

edit: Actually I just realized this was well into the "make poo poo up" part of the scans, so who even knows

Momomo fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 20, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Moltrey posted:

Josuke is sort of a typical shonen manga hero at a glance. He's goofy and fun, but gets serious if he has to. But because this is JoJo, it's amplified x10 and it never feels stale. Him coming right after Jotaro "Punch Man" Kujo really feels refreshing.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
part 4 is extremely godlike

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
i just finished re reading part 4 and :sbahj:

its so drat good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

He won, so I guess he was right

He didn't win, he got his pussy rear end frozen in a car while Mista hosed White Album up with Sex Pistols. Then Narancia caught Giorno doing some gay poo poo with Mista.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

FirstAidKite posted:

Then Narancia caught Giorno doing some gay poo poo with Mista.

So he won

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hmm

Yeah I guess you're right

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Can anyone show me a gayer Jojo moment than the original Phantom Blood moment where Speedwagon warms up Jonathan's arm on his chest and they cry out each other's names in loving agony?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Can anyone show me a gayer Jojo moment than the original Phantom Blood moment where Speedwagon warms up Jonathan's arm on his chest and they cry out each other's names in loving agony?

Maybe the time Jolyne got caught masturbating by another woman. Araki really wasted the opportunity to turn Part Six into Orange is the New Black, which is why I hold it in lesser regard than is probably reasonable.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Wasn't that Zepelli and Speedwagon?

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Kabanaw posted:

Wasn't that Zepelli and Speedwagon?

No Zepelli was dead by the time people were getting their arms frozen. He got cut in half

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Maybe the time Jolyne got caught masturbating by another woman. Araki really wasted the opportunity to turn Part Six into Orange is the New Black, which is why I hold it in lesser regard than is probably reasonable.

I thought the guard that caught her was a dude which was why she was so embarrassed?

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

I thought she got caught by a male guard and that's why she was so embarrassed

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Dude don't make the exact same post as me seconds before I do holy poo poo

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

I thought she got caught by a male guard and that's why she was so embarrassed

poo poo, that's right. I thought it was Ermes.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I saw fanart of that moment where speed warms the arm in his butt, if that counts.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
uhhh... you should post it

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Agreed, post JoJo's Bizarre Anal Fisting

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

What about that time we found out that the first lady of the united states...likes women

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dude don't make the exact same post as me seconds before I do holy poo poo

This must be the work of an enemy stand

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

FirstAidKite posted:

What about that time we found out that the first lady of the united states...likes women

THERE we go, I remembered there was a true lesbian moment and couldn't remember where it was. I still don't think it was as gay as the Phantom Blood scene because Lucy wasn't into it

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

I like the ending to part 5, the crew using the power of teamwork to get the arrow first was some good poo poo

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Agreed, post JoJo's Bizarre Anal Fisting

I value my :10bux:

edit: Can't even find it now but lmbo at this

Pomp fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 20, 2015

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Post it backwards so parents and mods cant tell

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I wish Speedwagon was in every part. :allears:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

---

No Zepelli was dead by the time people were getting their arms frozen. He got cut in half

I swear I thought it was Zepelli, right when they first meet Dio in that town. Either way it was great and Speedwagon is the best

Also, Speedwagon screaming when Joseph flies off in the plane to fight Cars is honestly kinda heartbreaking. He's yelling about how he has once again failed to protect a member of the Joestar family and has failed Jonathan.

drat Speedwagon....

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Torquemadras posted:

I wrote it before, Diavolo's fate is pretty cool. But being stronger than absolutely anything the enemy could do because you happened to luck into the specific power that counters him perfectly? Super boring. The only comparable finale would be that of Part 7, and that ultimate counter to the big bad's ability was not only earned, it had tons of build-up, it wasn't the immediate end of the battle, and Johnny actually lost his next fight with it. Golden Experience Requiem is just such a weak resolution.

...I don't wanna talk about Part 5 anymore. :(

You will talk about part 5, dammit!

No, the comparison is part 3 where they were taking forever to figure out Dio's power, and they finally did, but still couldn't really beat him, and then it was all like "oh yeah Star Platinum could always stop time, he just didn't figure that poo poo out yet."

Part 5 was very similar to part 3 in progression, including the end and the unseen villain. At the very end, they started figuring out how King Crimson worked, and started kinnnnd of trying to work around it to the point where you figured they could beat it, then there was a weird interlude with some upgrades, but it still ended with, "oh, I just happen to have the power that can cancel this out."

Part 5 is basically a longer, more ridiculous part 3. It was basically Araki doing a do-over where he realized he wanted to go crazier with stands from the start.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Is there an english translation of Jorge Joestar anywhere? It's so batshit that I need to experience it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Moltrey posted:

I swear I thought it was Zepelli, right when they first meet Dio in that town. Either way it was great and Speedwagon is the best

It was. Jonathan, Zepelli and Speedwagon met Dio right before Tarkus and Bruford show up, Zepelli attacked Dio and got hosed up. This is the same scene as the "Do you remember how many breads you have eaten?" line.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 20, 2015

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

I actually got to that page shortly before the new year. It was, in fact, as good as Josuke said.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Cabinet posted:

Is there an english translation of Jorge Joestar anywhere? It's so batshit that I need to experience it.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Jorge Joestar translation any time in the next ten years. The book is 765 pages long, compared to Over Heaven (309 pages) and Purple Haze Feedback (300 pages).

On top of Jorge being twice as long as both of those combined in page length, the actual density of the text is smaller, too.
Over Heaven
Purple Haze Feedback
Jorge Joestar

The entire novel is in illustration (sort of) online by Otaro Maijo (the author) on the publisher's website, though, if that's an acceptable substitute.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are Japanese books longer than English ones or does Jorge Joestar really rival the Harry potter books in page length?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
You think Harry Potter are long books?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I print all the letters at type size 1000, so my book is 1 million pages long

• Locked thread