Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
lol teamspeak

Eye of Widesauron posted:

That was some fun Payday yesterday.

RIP in peace zdr, he died as he lived, high as gently caress. Maybe tonight Kaz will sort his poo poo out and join us instead of being terrible :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have this loving poe disease now. Level 20 on bloodlines. poo poo is good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazvall posted:

I have this loving poe disease now. Level 20 on bloodlines. poo poo is good.

Who are you on PoE. I see some dude playing alone all the time and I feel bad. Also BBG made a guild because he's a sperg. I'll throw down some cash for a few guild tabs if anyone cares enough.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Who are you on PoE. I see some dude playing alone all the time and I feel bad. Also BBG made a guild because he's a sperg. I'll throw down some cash for a few guild tabs if anyone cares enough.

If it's my account then Kazvall, my character is named Zhalfer.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

In my defense I'm not taking anything recreationally.

You did really well considering you were high as a kite.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

If I were ever sick with something I hope to be prescribed what ZDR has got

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Sure if you want. I just linked all my stuff to steam and starting a wand shadow on Bloodlines. I sent Kazvall a friend request and I'll just grab yours or whatever I'll see you guys around.

edit: Actually don't unless everyone is using it as a trade storage screen or something.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ALRIGHT whos gaming?

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

ALRIGHT whos gaming?

Im gaming for your heart

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Had a nice game of dota before dinner, might play again once I stop ripping eggfarts

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BERGfu posted:

Sure if you want. I just linked all my stuff to steam and starting a wand shadow on Bloodlines. I sent Kazvall a friend request and I'll just grab yours or whatever I'll see you guys around.

edit: Actually don't unless everyone is using it as a trade storage screen or something.

hardcore :stare:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

hello i am InevitableTaxes on steam. i will be playing Divinity: Original Sin tonight after having bought it ages ago without playing it much. is the multiplayer good? if i start a new game as "Single Player" will i be locked out of playing with friends, or is it kinda like Diablo 3?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
whos gaming

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

A Spider Covets posted:

hello i am InevitableTaxes on steam. i will be playing Divinity: Original Sin tonight after having bought it ages ago without playing it much. is the multiplayer good?

it owns

Dec 26, 2012

A Spider Covets posted:

hello i am InevitableTaxes on steam. i will be playing Divinity: Original Sin tonight after having bought it ages ago without playing it much. is the multiplayer good? if i start a new game as "Single Player" will i be locked out of playing with friends, or is it kinda like Diablo 3?

theres a toggle between single player, multiplayer with friends allows, multiplayer with anyone allowed that you can switch after the fact

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

nice....

01011001 posted:

theres a toggle between single player, multiplayer with friends allows, multiplayer with anyone allowed that you can switch after the fact

awesome thanks, im ready to get my game on (after six more hours of work)

Dec 26, 2012

i couldnt find you searching, can you post a link to your profile

http://steamcommunity.com/id/binary01011001/ here's mine i can divinity right now in fact

e: whoops missed the after six hours bit

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i have my nickname changed to my SA name, not sure if that affects it?? some of my settings are private too due to an old creeper.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aspidercovets

this is me

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 15, 2015

Dec 26, 2012

i searched inevitabletaxes and got nothing so that probably was the issue. idk you're added now

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

01011001 posted:

i searched inevitabletaxes and got nothing so that probably was the issue. idk you're added now

gently caress yeah.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

A Spider Covets posted:

gently caress yeah.

you're my favorite cross subforum poster

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Kazvall posted:

you're my favorite cross subforum poster

A Spider Covets posted:

gently caress yeah.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
who game

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
what game

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

can we get some PoE Imp Zone Parties going on... this game is fairly loving epic.

I havent played PoE in a looong time, what real differences are there that make it better than diablo 3 post reaper of souls other than being free?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Wootman posted:

what game

RIP wootman

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i'm dicking around in gmod with fahrenheit

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i'm dicking around in gmod with fahrenheit

bind kp_Ins "say im gay"

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
some artist on a darkrp server was in a custom organization called "the goon squad" so i punched him to death and stole his gun. well peace.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anatharon posted:

I havent played PoE in a looong time, what real differences are there that make it better than diablo 3 post reaper of souls other than being free?

i haven't played d3 but they talk about it in our poe thread in a few spots.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Unlike d3, poe has a soul and isn't really shiny looking poo poo.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

some artist on a darkrp server was in a custom organization called "the goon squad" so i punched him to death and stole his gun. well peace.

you're making us all proud

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

FluffieDuckie posted:

Doom

as a special request, i played the game doom so that i could review it for you. i've heard about this game before so my expectations were pretty high.

the good new is that it's a flash game and it's free. the bad news is the graphics look like something i could have done in my programming class in college. i joke of course. we didn't have computers back then. but you get my point.

the premise is that you're a dude with a gun. if you want to be a dudette with a gun you're out of luck. there are also no choices in costume or hair color or anything that's standard in the higher quality games today.

you get to choose your level of difficulty:

i chose nightmare because that sounds the hardest

the game starts and you're in a room. i don't know why. just a dude with a gun in a room. because i'm a gamer, i figured out right away that i could move using either the wasd keys or the arrow keys. but when i tried to jump using the space bar it just shot the gun. smh that's the jump key everyone knows that.

so i started looking around the room. i discover that you can walk over bonuses for health and armor, and i quickly walked over a bunch of stuff to see what would happen. but bad news there's a dead dude on the ground. that's what we in gaming call "foreshadowing".

so after exploring the room i find a door and i'm ready to go kick some rear end. this is where the problems start. the loving door won't open. i try everything and finally start shooting the hell out of the door bc in real life that would totally bust the door right open.

nothing happens but that's when i discover that ammunition is limited in this game. well crap.

so i message the dude who suggested this game and ask him how to open the drat door. he says use the ctrl button. well hell who knew? so i go back to do that and that doesn't work either. god dammit i want to go kill things and i can't get to them. that's when i notice that there's a little box to the right of the screen that says "instructions". oh.

huh. looks like my source wasn't right. i doubt he's even played this game.

so i go back the door and hit R. AND NOTHING HAPPENS. i start throwing my body against the door like a mad man (because i couldn't be a mad woman smh)

finally i decide to try to get out of the room another way. i try jumping out of windows but ofc the jump bar just makes me shoot things and shooting the windows doesn't do anything. that's totally not reality bc if i shot my window at home you can bet that something would happen. then i turn a corner and oh, there's another door. so i'm like ok well we'll try this. i hit R and holy poo poo the door opens. and boom there's a bad dude trying to shoot me. being a gamer i quickly recover and shoot his rear end dead. kill number one for the duck

after that i'm on fire. dudes try to shoot me and i shoot them back. then i see this weird panel on the wall and i go to it and hit R just on a whim and boom the game is over

as you can see, i killed all the dudes. no loving idea what secrets is unless it was that loving door that wouldn't open. my time was 13:45 which i think was pretty good all things considered.

rating: this game sucks. there's no other way to put it. the graphics were horrible, there were no clothing options for the character, doors don't open, the jump bar shoots, and the game is very very short. the only thing going for it is it's free, and really it's hardly worth it. 0 ducks out of 5. don't waste your time

I LOVE THIS!

Dec 26, 2012

is mumble the best current voice program or is there another one people use?

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

could of added me on steam m8

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
mumble is what most people use that I've found, but it has lovely voice equalization

also the overlay tends to break a lot for some people

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
teamspeak really does work the best since i've used and admin'd all three a bunch but idk why everyone hates it and gets it confused with ventrillo

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
mumble is garbage. mumble is trash for idiots. team speak is good

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

THE PENETRATOR posted:

mumble is garbage. mumble is trash for idiots. team speak is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

time to go against the grain and state that mumble is awesome and teamspeak sucks

ventrillo is just okay