Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

GOTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Cynthia_Dutch posted:

I think he actually enjoyed it....just saying.

It's true. I did.

Orv
May 4, 2011

LuciferMorningstar posted:

People running Goonbase: Chill out on the autism. Jesus Christ.

Welcome to the everproblem with goons and survival games.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Third World Reggin posted:

The EQ2 engine was created to be future proof way back when and was horrible because of it.

It was so bad that they made ForgeLight

Games that use ForgeLight: PS2, EQ Next, H1Z1, EQ Next Landmark

Where did you see that it was based off of the EQ2 engine?

This was from a few pages back but it bears repeating: When they made the EQ2 engine, their theoretical max settings machine was a single core pentium running at like 6GHz because multicore and hyperthreading was a novelty at the time. EQ2 has a horrible poo poo engine because it's completely CPU bound because the magic turbo single core processor never happened.

From what I've seen on Planetside 2, the engine is not great but it is by no means EQ2 bad.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Orv posted:

Welcome to the everproblem with goons and survival games.

It's not a problem really, people just really need to chill out and remember that this is a game, and everything is duped, and the berries don't matter.

Makeup Vanity Set
Nov 13, 2012

Sour D's got me touchin' the moon, rollin' up blunts the size of a fuckin' cocoon. Wolves roll together like some family raccoons, tellin' you to eat an ass like a fuckin' baboon.

Kimsemus posted:

It's not a problem really, people just really need to chill out and remember that this is a game, and everything is duped, and the berries don't matter.

Let's keep the bitching on standby until they patch the duping.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Did tonight's patch drop yet?

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

Did tonight's patch drop yet?

Not yet.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect it until tomorrow at this point

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Kimsemus posted:

Someone has to run the show at base, there's really no disputing that. And it's good that people have self-appointed. My only point is that if you can't relax and repeatedly coach confused goons through getting geared up, maybe don't self-appoint. Gooncamp is confusing to new people, and I can't count the number of times I've heard "Come to the guy with his hands up," only to look around and see four or five different people running around with their hands up. Protip: that's confusing to new people, so don't get irritated when they have no clue what you're talking about. Most of us have learned names/voices by now, but newcomers haven't, so chill out and stop threatening to shoot people because they can't read your mind or whatever. Also, fill up your own water bottles and cook your own rabbit meat.

Makeup Vanity Set
Nov 13, 2012

Sour D's got me touchin' the moon, rollin' up blunts the size of a fuckin' cocoon. Wolves roll together like some family raccoons, tellin' you to eat an ass like a fuckin' baboon.
Some guy on le reddit posted the locations where players spawn, found through datamining. Seems pretty accurate to my experiences.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

I'm trying to get in the goon mumble channel, do I need someone to auth me or something?

I'm Aberration ingame

also p sure goon police just tried to murderarrest me :v:

Edit: figured it out, I'm dumb

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 20, 2015

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
Not shown: 3-4 other chases/gunfights.

This is dumb. But so much fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm7aMp1r2bA

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

I'm a filthy casual who likes to throw money at SOE. Are the salt mines bountiful?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
http://www.twitch.tv/summit1g

Watching this guy, some sort of CS pro him and his 3 friends just wiped out 8 guys at a diner all with guns was probably the most intense gunfight in a game that I've ever seen.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Mnoba posted:

Watching this guy, some sort of CS pro him and his 3 friends just wiped out 8 guys at a diner all with guns was probably the most intense gunfight in a game that I've ever seen.

And a cop car just tried to mow them down and they all unloaded on it Heat style and it blew up.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

Mnoba posted:

Motherfucker I've been watching him all night and quit watching right before this happened.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Mnoba posted:

This streamer has major autism and screams at everything, please tell me you're hunting him down.

Edit: Nvm, 30 people came out of nowhere and hunted them down. :stare:

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 20, 2015

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight
In a spur of the moment, goons don't shoot pubbies on sight and bring them to an impromptu THUNDERDOME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPnzx9SQAzY

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Back Hack posted:

This streamer has major autism and screams at everything, please tell me you're hunting him down.

Edit: Nvm, 30 people came out of nowhere and hunted them down. :stare:

This is the best part, they'll be running down the road and he'll see a deer and just start chasing it like an add retard it's hilarious.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
He's great with these games. Used to watch him during his DayZ days and he's back to form with H1Z1.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Hahahahahahaha

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

And then he died from crashing into an arrow in the middle of the street. :allears:

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
And they all just blew up in a truck driving down the road that was glorious!

Orv
May 4, 2011
So someone clarify for me, there was so little loot in containers because :soe:, so presumably after the upcoming patch it won't be Death By Starvation and That One Dude Who Found A Gun: The Game?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Someone has to run the show at base, there's really no disputing that. And it's good that people have self-appointed. My only point is that if you can't relax and repeatedly coach confused goons through getting geared up, maybe don't self-appoint. Gooncamp is confusing to new people, and I can't count the number of times I've heard "Come to the guy with his hands up," only to look around and see four or five different people running around with their hands up. Protip: that's confusing to new people, so don't get irritated when they have no clue what you're talking about. Most of us have learned names/voices by now, but newcomers haven't, so chill out and stop threatening to shoot people because they can't read your mind or whatever. Also, fill up your own water bottles and cook your own rabbit meat.

I agree, and you make a good point. It's a reason why I spend so much time away from base though, bringing people out to PVP and scavenging/scouting for bases, and teaching people to be self-sufficient instead of overcrowding our camp.

To me we could be more productive encouraging goons to go out in raiding parties looking for hostile camps, rather than so many people crowding the base. People sitting in the base unsure of what to do, or not doing anything, unless they're building something or actively foraging are just draining resources, imo.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 20, 2015

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Kimsemus posted:

I agree, and you make a good point. It's a reason why I spend so much time away from base though, bringing people out to PVP and scavenging/scouting for bases, and teaching people to be self-sufficient instead of overcrowding our camp.

To me we could be more productive encouraging goons to go out in raiding parties looking for hostile camps, rather than so many people crowding the base.

Honestly once they fix loot stuff self-sufficiency shouldn't be that hard. Metal Shards are a big bottleneck right now to getting spears and makeshift axes, and once those are accessible we can pretty much roll out and keep the peace with primitive weapons if necessary.

iamthehans
May 1, 2012
I take groups out 4-5times a night most nights as Detective dic fingers. Most people seem to have a firm grasp on this game and we've had few goon on goon incidents.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
the biggest problem is the mumble channel. 20 goons in one zombie apoc game mumble channel is the real end of the world scenario.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
So... our minefield works.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

DeathSandwich posted:

This was from a few pages back but it bears repeating: When they made the EQ2 engine, their theoretical max settings machine was a single core pentium running at like 6GHz because multicore and hyperthreading was a novelty at the time. EQ2 has a horrible poo poo engine because it's completely CPU bound because the magic turbo single core processor never happened.

From what I've seen on Planetside 2, the engine is not great but it is by no means EQ2 bad.

It isn't the exact same engine as EQ2, but is suffers from some of the same problems. The engine is still very CPU dependent because it doesn't off load any lighting or shadows to the GPU.

It may not be a direct descendant, but it shares enough quirks with the EQ2, and even the EQ1/PS1 engine where it is clear they are related.

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt
After tonight's Assault On Gooncamp, it seems like it might be a good idea to make a couple of alts that can be fitted out for combat and left either in-base or at some nearby rendevous point. Getting ambushed and losing most of the armed crew and then everyone having to run back was pretty chaotic.

CupBoy
Aug 7, 2002

It's a bloody cup.

Xae posted:

It isn't the exact same engine as EQ2, but is suffers from some of the same problems. The engine is still very CPU dependent because it doesn't off load any lighting or shadows to the GPU.

It may not be a direct descendant, but it shares enough quirks with the EQ2, and even the EQ1/PS1 engine where it is clear they are related.

It's not the same engine at all. Forgelight was based on the (now dead) FreeRealms and Clone Wars Adventures games.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ICMB posted:

After tonight's Assault On Gooncamp, it seems like it might be a good idea to make a couple of alts that can be fitted out for combat and left either in-base or at some nearby rendevous point. Getting ambushed and losing most of the armed crew and then everyone having to run back was pretty chaotic.

This is a good idea. As goondor grows, so will the number of attacks.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Anyone get video of said attack?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Created an irc channel for us on synirc #h1z1

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Raiders came back when only two of us were active at base. They ended up busting down a few doors before we got things under control, mainly thanks to the timely arrival of Maniak and Akumos. They're definitely waiting for us all to leave before they come to try and break in.

E: And they're back again.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jan 20, 2015

Urby
May 31, 2011

MADE IN MEXICO
Any Australian goons playing this. How are you finding hit registration and lag?

I've played for a short while but found that I can't seem to win Melee fights, even though on my screen it shows that I've hit some one at least two dozen times, they seem to beat me down with a mere five hits or so.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Raiders came back when only two of us were active at base. They ended up busting down a few doors before we got things under control, mainly thanks to the timely arrival of Maniak and Akumos. They're definitely waiting for us all to leave before they come to try and break in.

E: And they're back again.

That's pretty much inevitable I think. Just like in PS2 there's no shortage of poopsockers/people in different time zones to undo all of your hard work while you sleep.

How high can you build? I'm hoping you can construct a nice, tall tower surrounded by barbed wire, pungee sticks and land mines with a line of multiple doors serving as an entrance.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Republicans posted:

That's pretty much inevitable I think. Just like in PS2 there's no shortage of poopsockers/people in different time zones to undo all of your hard work while you sleep.

How high can you build? I'm hoping you can construct a nice, tall tower surrounded by barbed wire, pungee sticks and land mines with a line of multiple doors serving as an entrance.

If you enclose that entryway making it a hall, could you add murder holes from the level above?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Republicans posted:

You can't build that high and there are a lot of restrictions on where you can place stuff. However, rabbit traps ignore most restrictions and aren't destructible, so we're using those to try to set up some chokepoints in base. It's a real pisser to set up so many loving traps, though, and they fall out of alignment really easily.

• Locked thread