Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

killstealing posted:

Getting an access denied error.

Yeah it seems I have to add everyone manually... I do have auto invite on so the first time will be the only issue. Just put your IGN here and I will add it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Damnit, now i wanna play again, I played this game a ton but never got very far if i remember my main a Atrox Engineer is around 70 or 80.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Ughhhh you jerks are going to convince me to reactivate my account with a 146ish GA2 fixer.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Imagine how many people are hopefully checking all these new posts to see whether the glorious new engine has arrived yet.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka
Ok, I believe I have all of the current IGN's up to now, and you should all be auto invited when you log on. If you need access just post your name here and I will get it added.

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

ElBrak posted:

Damnit, now i wanna play again, I played this game a ton but never got very far if i remember my main a Atrox Engineer is around 70 or 80.

Are you some kind of masochist?

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka
This chatbot kinda sucks... I need to study some more on it tomorrow. For now, I am out.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Tyshalob posted:

Are you some kind of masochist?

Hey it seemed a funny idea at the time! I do have a level 11 Solitus Engineer I might just use him since it'd be a lot less of a pain in the rear end!

Edit: Maybe I will just start from scratch, it'd be easier to keep everything straight and have an idea what i should do.

ElBrak fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 20, 2015

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Seems a lot of us have low level guys or 60-80 so could get a goon group up and running this week to wreck ToTW or Biomaire

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Floob posted:

Ok, I believe I have all of the current IGN's up to now, and you should all be auto invited when you log on. If you need access just post your name here and I will get it added.

Supersol isn't invited yet, rip.

Tai posted:

Seems a lot of us have low level guys or 60-80 so could get a goon group up and running this week to wreck ToTW or Biomaire

Can tag along with a 60 enforcer and a 25 enforcer that will probably outperform him, dualboxed. Can buff RRFE with a soldier if you have spare NCU (lol no)

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Ok started as a new Nanomage Engineer, ElBrak. Hopefully I can grind nice and fast.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
What the gently caress is going on in here, didn't anyone tell you this game is dead? Stop before I resub.

:rip:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
What you guys are doing is HIGHLY illegal. can't you just wait for the new client?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
My IGNs

They're all mine. I have no shame.

Also fuckin hell this thread :shobon:

Stage 1: this game sure was good a decade ago
Stage 2: maybe engine update in another decade!
Stage 3: funcum is loving terrible
Stage 4: ???
Stage 5: *thread implodes* *everyone starts playing again*

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

So now i gotta pick a side, I wonder which has the most goons. I gotta say the newbie island ain't terrible, but it ain't no Backyard, that place was cool.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

ElBrak posted:

So now i gotta pick a side, I wonder which has the most goons. I gotta say the newbie island ain't terrible, but it ain't no Backyard, that place was cool.

Side doesn't really matter until you're higher level and doing inf missions. Biggest hub of activity is neutral too, Borealis. People don't really spend much time in the sided cities any more.

Side might matter for raiding if that's what you're aiming for in the long run. Iraid seems to be dead and I got no idea what is the current raidbot or what side players it takes. Checked Iraid yesterday and there was couple raids 2 days ago and then next raids were 16 days ago.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Alright I went Omni cause i am a corporate shill.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

I started clan way back at AO relase, but very soon noticed that totally sweet white tank armor omnis have. Signed the contract and never looked back. Someone make an smiley with a Omni-Tek flag and a crying med suit.

OT does have some nice things, like easier access to previously mentioned med suit. Can also sell those in Borealis if you're completely new and desperate. And a lot more shops, that makes hunting for shop stuff so much easier. Omni-1 trade alone has 8 basic shops, 2 advanced and 2 superior. Rome has one of each on both sides. Also omni shoulderpads from alvin quest look better than clan version.

Then again, clanners can put a goat on their head. So there's that.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Just remembered i can spawn in one of those scout robots and get everywhere really fast. Gotta go fast.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So many weak willed people :smug:

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Leveled up to 11 and decided to call it a night. Dipped into the subway for a little bit to get some of those morphing memory things, maybe if some other people roll up new guys we could clear the subway. Or i guess i could grind up and join the Temple of the Three Winds group.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ugh. I have a Crusader that I made it to Penumbra with, but I don't think I got very far there.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

-Troika- posted:

Ugh. I have a Crusader that I made it to Penumbra with, but I don't think I got very far there.

I am somewhere in the access quests for Shadowloands, but not sure where... I have my glasses, and I have the underwater suit, and I have a couple keys for the gardens, but I'm not sure I can just go to Adonis without a long run. I wan to go there and see about Hecklers... I know they suck, but I would like to get to 200 ASAP.

Also, goonbot is now fully automated. You will need to join once from each character, but after that you are added and will be invited by the bot whenever you log on. Command to join is /tell goonbot !join

I tend to keep a separate chat window open for this communication just so I can quickly respond and see what the gently caress you guys are doing :) Anyone can join this channel right now, and I will keep it that way so I don't have as much work to do ;)

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

ElBrak posted:

Leveled up to 11 and decided to call it a night. Dipped into the subway for a little bit to get some of those morphing memory things, maybe if some other people roll up new guys we could clear the subway. Or i guess i could grind up and join the Temple of the Three Winds group.

I have always enjoyed the subway. I make it a point to not leave until I have taken down Abmus. I was able to solo him with my MP, but it was rough. The trouble with the temple is the size of it. By the time you can safely go there, you out-level it too fast and then get capped out. I think my Engineer froob is level 40ish so I could do a Temple run one night this week if anyone is game.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Floob posted:

I am somewhere in the access quests for Shadowloands, but not sure where... I have my glasses, and I have the underwater suit, and I have a couple keys for the gardens, but I'm not sure I can just go to Adonis without a long run. I wan to go there and see about Hecklers... I know they suck, but I would like to get to 200 ASAP.

If memory serves, it's lvl 140 to enter Adonis without doing the access quest and 160 to enter Penumbra without access quest. The access quests are horrible and no one should ever do them, never.

Pretty much fastest way to 200 would be elysium hecklers + dailies until 140, then adonis hecklers, dark ruins (lvl 150+ GREAT exp on the quest line inside) + dailies until 160, then buy inferno boots and leech sweet sweet inferno mission exp off your friends. I'm always game to pull and run people through a few inf missions if someone has a desperate boner for them.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Fewd posted:

My IGNs

They're all mine. I have no shame.

Also fuckin hell this thread :shobon:

Stage 1: this game sure was good a decade ago
Stage 2: maybe engine update in another decade!
Stage 3: funcum is loving terrible
Stage 4: ???
Stage 5: *thread implodes* *everyone starts playing again*

This loving game does this to me every year around this time. Cold weather drives me indoors, and at its core it really is a good game. The complexity keeps the punks away for the most part, and the graphics may be dated, but the artwork and sound still works for me.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Fewd posted:

If memory serves, it's lvl 140 to enter Adonis without doing the access quest and 160 to enter Penumbra without access quest. The access quests are horrible and no one should ever do them, never.

Pretty much fastest way to 200 would be elysium hecklers + dailies until 140, then adonis hecklers, dark ruins (lvl 150+ GREAT exp on the quest line inside) + dailies until 160, then buy inferno boots and leech sweet sweet inferno mission exp off your friends. I'm always game to pull and run people through a few inf missions if someone has a desperate boner for them.

I am 185 right now and basically just do the clan daily for about 50% level each day and just sit around and listen to gridstream... my life... why do I go on?

I am pretty sure I don't have the inferno boots. So how do I get to Adonis? The walkthroughs looked very long...

Edit... And for the record this character was created on day one of the AO go-live, what? 12 years ago? I suck that bad at leveling :)

Floob fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jan 20, 2015

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Floob posted:

I am 185 right now and basically just do the clan daily for about 50% level each day and just sit around and listen to gridstream... my life... why do I go on?

I am pretty sure I don't have the inferno boots. So how do I get to Adonis? The walkthroughs looked very long...

At that level you don't need to mind any access quest walkthroughs, you simply talk to Ergo at Scheol - Adonis portal and he coughs up the ring and meta-water suit thing to you. This explains where the portal is exactly: http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php?id=14&pid=483

Penumbra portal is a little trickier to get to. You basically go underwater and use the force to guide you, hth. It's also a bitchin awesome trip to walk to Penumbra :haw:

Something I completely forgot though is the Inferno ring. You don't get that for free, still need to get Ice Golem molar to get into Inferno. Some explanation here. There is literally zero chance of doing that alone at 185, but get a hold of any 220 and it's easy. At least up until Ice Golem itself. He has some sort of big area nuke you generally want NSD for, so you'll need to find a MP for that. Other than that, any 220 can poo poo all over him. I don't actually even know if you need MP, 220 might be able to just eat the nukes. I've killed him a few times but never tested without NSD because it takes effort to spawn him and I've never wanted to risk losing it for science.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

ElBrak posted:

You're omni, right? I have two subway guys, but they're both clan. Also both enforcers. I have a problem.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Ya i'm Omni, we could do a run though the subway at a neutral city. Though I can't do it right now as I gotta get to sleep sometime.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah sure. Supersol or Ilikesteak. We can go all the way until the end.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

To [goonbot]: ~fartz~
[Goonbot]: Error! Unknown command. Did you mean...tnh, brawl, ding, dimach, whatbuffs?
To [Goonbot]: tell me about fartbuff
[Goonbot]: Error! Access denied.

Your bot's not working

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka
It looks like some of you are trying different commands to be auto-invited. Don't do that. Just join once. I have the system set to auto-invite everyone. Now if you don't want to be invited automatically we can talk.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Which shop(s) is the best place to roll for QL 125 implant components (shiny, faded etc)? I'll probably run a few missions once I can get QL 125 missions but thought I might as well start buying some to get ready for a new set of implants.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Also Floob, how are you dealing with nano/aiding IP? I've been keeping some of it fairly high for stuff like fists of shocking touch, crit etc. Would you try max it at my level or not bother? It's near max now.

Also, my brawl and parry skills are around 70% max. Does it increase the damage of the brawl skill and blessed with thunder or just does it allow a higher QL of blessed with thunder.

Implant wise, I'm going to use the generic template from this link for implants.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?213250-Engelens-MA-Guide/page5&p=3354382#post3354382

Also, does flurry of blows work for MA?

Basically, I press Q, use brawl and thunder. Once my health drops a bit, I used tree of enlightment and wait for brawl to pop again. Am I missing another attack or special I can buy?

Cheers Mr MA info man

Tai fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 20, 2015

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Tai posted:

Also Floob, how are you dealing with nano/aiding IP? I've been keeping some of it fairly high for stuff like fists of shocking touch, crit etc. Would you try max it at my level or not bother? It's near max now.

Also, my brawl and parry skills are around 70% max. Does it increase the damage of the brawl skill and blessed with thunder or just does it allow a higher QL of blessed with thunder.

Implant wise, I'm going to use the generic template from this link for implants.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?213250-Engelens-MA-Guide/page5&p=3354382#post3354382

Also, does flurry of blows work for MA?

Basically, I press Q, use brawl and thunder. Once my health drops a bit, I used tree of enlightment and wait for brawl to pop again. Am I missing another attack or special I can buy?

Cheers Mr MA info man

If you are a froob, that's all you get. Dimach is nice, but the cooldown makes it not worth talking about and arguably something you can level up later. Yes Brawl damage goes up with points in it. Brawl also goes up with strength. I keep Brawl maxed at all times and Parry only as high as I need for whatever BWT I am running. There are probably some good guides out there as well, but basically make your green skills always, even runs peed, and dabble in the ones you can that work for you. As far as nano's you are not going to be able to max them all until higher levels, but you must try to get the skills high enough to get into the highest critical increase you can cast, fist program, and MA buffs. After that you start looking at the nano skills needed for healing and blow a loving gasket. We got seriously hosed because we do a little bit of everything in nano's.

Some things you might be able to stop raising are inteligence. This is only needed high to get a bigger nano pool. As long as you can cast all your stuff, it doesn't need to be higher. Breaking and entering I believe needs to be 2x the level of the mission to open a box. So one you hit 400 you should be good to go. I think it works like that. Map mods are important as well, but do you really need all of them? And flying. My yalmaha was found in a mission when I was level 26 and takes nothing to pilot. I have actually reset at one point and put nothing into flying (just raised because of base stats) and I can fly it even right after dying.

I also hated raising treatment and first aid at lower levels, but they are important. Treatment will mean getting into those shiny implants or not.

And don't forget all the other MA special attacks. One of them is a heal, and is very nice. I usually keep that and BWT right next to each other. If I need a heal, I will use it rather than BWT. Same timer though :(

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I bought a new Yalm yesterday off a shop that was the lowest vehicle air needed to use it so when I reset, I don't need as much.

I don't think my treatment is maxed yet but something to do on reset/implant plugin when I find a shop selling QL 125 components. Sounds like I have a some IP wasted but not that much but it will be enough to max brawl and get the next QL of BWT.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Tai posted:

I bought a new Yalm yesterday off a shop that was the lowest vehicle air needed to use it so when I reset, I don't need as much.

I don't think my treatment is maxed yet but something to do on reset/implant plugin when I find a shop selling QL 125 components. Sounds like I have a some IP wasted but not that much but it will be enough to max brawl and get the next QL of BWT.

You're right though. We basically hit q and then brawl/BWT when available. Some things start to happen though as you get high in the skill. Our auto damage with crits is nice, but you will also get the occasional stun from brawl, and that can change the game. I have some perk skills that add about 4 more attacks right now. A fire DOT, a heal, and two single target attacks one of which almost always stuns. There are also some things under research that I think froobs can access. I have to study that some more.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka
And speaking of wasted skill points :) There was a time when I wielded a shotgun for pulling... I then went into bow, and have come back to just melee... I enjoy the flexibility, but in reality there is really only one "best" way to play a character despite what they say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I sometimes regret rolling an MA when I've seen other classes wreck missions far higher above them then I could ever dream. I know it's some what to do with insane twinking but it's also painful that fists scale with skill points rather then being able to slap on an insane QL weapon and have a tonne of cool abilities to wreck face while I'm still not even 50% through :sad:

• Locked thread