Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Orson Welles thought his lowest moment was playing a toy in a commercial for children but little did he know in 25 years people would be using his toy groin for nefarious purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Anora posted:

That Blue and red truck guy was pretty cool. And Gobots some how always made good plane bots, they had great plane modes and decent (at the time) robot modes. The lack of robot kibble in vehicle mode was always nice.

My favourite plane Gobot is the little seaplane guy. I played with him so much as a kid he disintegrated and I ended up getting a second.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

An Angry Bug posted:

Every single lazy custom combiner stole his crotch and thighs to just balance them on top of the leg team members. Hundreds of disembodied Unicrotches spray painted green and purple for subpar Devastators, with nothing to do outside of combiner mode. Just sitting there, their former color peering out from underneath runny Krylon and smeared craft paints, never to transform again.

Tattoo this poetry on the face of every lazy rear end in a top hat that makes a non-transforming custom TF.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Seriously, the shin-and-shoulder-guard style of combiner is really lame. Might as well just build the thing out of Lego.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
god that's horrid

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What a waste.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

So after giving up on finding the combiner wars voyagers and ordering them from HTS, I found that Brainstorm is only $20 on there. Not sure if everyone already knows that - but if you were on the fence, there you go.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
That's not the official Defensor is it? I'm not seeing any Autobot logos.

Defensor was my favorite combiners as a kid (Yes, I am that lame), so I'm hoping that a first party one won't be that awful

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

RaspberryCommie posted:

That's not the official Defensor is it? I'm not seeing any Autobot logos.

Defensor was my favorite combiners as a kid (Yes, I am that lame), so I'm hoping that a first party one won't be that awful

What? Of course not. It's a kitbash. That's a blue Fire Convoy with a Unicrotch and styrene limbs and a bunch of redecos strapped to it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So does anyone else keep their TF packaging? It's a bad habit encouraged by all the statue boxes I have and I really need to stop. There's no real reason to keep them right?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

So does anyone else keep their TF packaging? It's a bad habit encouraged by all the statue boxes I have and I really need to stop. There's no real reason to keep them right?

Like that emgo guy on Youtube, I only keep Masterpiece boxes. They usually have that "official product of [car company]" stamp on them.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

DoctorWhat posted:

What? Of course not. It's a kitbash. That's a blue Fire Convoy with a Unicrotch and styrene limbs and a bunch of redecos strapped to it.

Can you tell I'm unfamiliar with toys more modern than 1988?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's alright looking. It's not perfect or worth the sacrifice of a unicron or other things but as a giant figure assuming it's poseable, I don't hate it.

Wait.

Is that an RX-79 Ground Gundam backpack as the back shin of the right leg?

IT MUST DIE

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva

DoctorWhat posted:

Also Primushands and Unicron lower arms.

I get that kitbashers love to make their bashes as huge and articulated as possible, but what in the hell do they do with the rest of the figure because you can't really repurpose most of those parts? Seems like a terrible waste of two planetformers to me.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Captain Blaargh posted:

You'll be happy to know Shockblast is actually available. You got an email where we can discuss?

And no one gets my Rock Lord! Wherever that sucker is presently...

Sorry, wasn't here yesterday and completely forgot to put an email address: lepemont at hotmail dot com

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Smoke posted:

Also Primushands and Unicron lower arms.

I get that kitbashers love to make their bashes as huge and articulated as possible, but what in the hell do they do with the rest of the figure because you can't really repurpose most of those parts? Seems like a terrible waste of two planetformers to me.

Make a big ol' Uniprimus turtle!

...Has there ever been a turtleformer? Even in Beast Wars? Aside from that one garbage brown and green one with the spiky shell.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Make a big ol' Uniprimus turtle!

...Has there ever been a turtleformer? Even in Beast Wars? Aside from that one garbage brown and green one with the spiky shell.

Snaptrap

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Might have asked before but HTS doesn't ship outside the US does it? And if it does, is it reliable? usually I end up paying BBTS or the likes' higher prices because at least they're very reliable.

As for the custom fan combiner idea, I'd be fine with naval vehicles, trains or a World War II vehicles decepticon combiner who looks like an old man or at least has a monocle and lord chumley reference.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 20, 2015

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Rhyno posted:

I snip the cardbacks clean and keep them in a box. Gonna try to make a Tech Spec database one day.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Like that emgo guy on Youtube, I only keep Masterpiece boxes. They usually have that "official product of [car company]" stamp on them.
Same with Masterpiece boxes but I also hang onto the 3rd party boxes too. My rationale is that I may resell them one day and could squeeze out an extra couple bucks if I have a box in good condition.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I have been keeping all the boxes/cardbacks to any figures I keep myself(I.E. not to sell) starting a few years ago. I'll keep doing it until they start taking up a noticeable amount of space, since I've got a spare room I use as an inventory room for selling stuff I can just stuff all the voyager and up boxes into one of the huge cardboard boxes I have for protection. Boxes can sometimes be worth a decent amount of money especially alongside the figure itself, I sold the box and foam alone for G1 Omega Supreme for 80 bucks once.

An Angry Bug posted:

I snip the cardbacks clean and keep them in a box. Gonna try to make a Tech Spec database one day.
Yeah, this. You can stuff basically hundreds of cardbacks in your standard paper box(Xerox box) if you cut the plastic shell off, otherwise they take up TONS of room. I take a razor blade and carefully cut the tape holding the plastic tabs to the back and then rip the shell off the front, since the back part is generally the only part that matters for cardbacks. I leave the remaining tape on because the adhesive they use is the lovely type that is impossible to get off(and will rip off other cardbacks if you stack them) without Goo Gone and gently caress if I'm going through that effort for just some cardbacks.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
gently caress me, Magnus is *huuuuuuge*. I mean, sure, I'd seen the pics but actually having him in hand...blimey. Still hate the legs but the top half and amazing truck mode more than make up for it.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Lepecard posted:

Sorry, wasn't here yesterday and completely forgot to put an email address: lepemont at hotmail dot com

Message sent!

Knormal posted:

Seriously, the shin-and-shoulder-guard style of combiner is really lame. Might as well just build the thing out of Lego.

Whelp, too bad the name Abominus is already taken. :barf:

I used to do a lot of modeling and some kitbashing (not TFs ), so I understand wanting to Frankenstein up your own pieces. This though? This makes me deeply sad. And so many ruined great figures. It's like staring into a plasticy mass grave.

Edit: Box talk. I used to keep more boxes but after a couple moves and too much clutter on hand I gave up. Mind you, if it's really solid packaging like the new MPs I do hold onto it. Also things like my Darkside Optimus and Darkside Megatron box stays. Darkside Optimus is pretty much my favourite modern transformer still.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 20, 2015

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Knormal posted:

Is that just a HotWheel glued to his right leg?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Are customizers as popular and active now that third parties are in charge of wish fulfillment

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Looks like Philip Morris is still going after domestic stores selling Exhaust. Kapow Toys just took down orders and posted on FB about it.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Acne Rain posted:

Are customizers as popular and active now that third parties are in charge of wish fulfillment

I'm thinking in terms of what still sells on eBay, premium paint jobs for existing figures is probably still big. Repainting/kitbashing figures much less so.

No first hand knowledge, just my guess. I wonder if the guys who were making a living that way are still able to live of it

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Sockser posted:

Is that just a HotWheel glued to his right leg?

Nah, that's a repainted Classics Prowl. Unless you mean our right, which is a repainted Energon Tow-Line. Looks like they might still transform.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Captain Invictus posted:

It's alright looking. It's not perfect or worth the sacrifice of a unicron or other things but as a giant figure assuming it's poseable, I don't hate it.

Wait.

Is that an RX-79 Ground Gundam backpack as the back shin of the right leg?

IT MUST DIE

It certainly looks like the Ground Gundams backpack. The thing is ugly as sin. It needs a good dose of thermite. The appendages aren't even scaled to each other so it looks like it's got a huge helicopter tumor.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got the Autobots United set from HTS, it's pretty cool. Crosshairs looks world's better with the improved paint deco in both modes, but especially car mode. The car is done up in this semi-metallic not-quite-pearlescent green and it looks mega-classy.

I've got some issues with things tabbing together on all 5 figures, though. Stuff that I don't have problems with on the stock retail versions of the same toys. It isn't that the tabs are loose, it's that they're too tight and force themselves apart - it's almost as if the paint was applied too thick or something.

The only loose joint I've experienced so far is the left panel of the back of Evasion Optimus's cab mode. The panel that doesn't have the smoke stack.
My Evasion Optimus's right arm also has issues tabbing properly in cab mode, and it feels like a "too thick paint" problem. Outside of that, his transformation is really, really clever and the added paint decos make him look a lot better.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...0d10d67a3806778

So they found the missing Legends guys from Thrilling 30, they were indeed moved to Combiner Wars.

Warpath is getting a new legends mold making this the 4th version of Warpath released.

Green tank repaint is more than likely going to be Bludgeon. However it could also be Guzzle. There's also a Purple Powerglide repaint too.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

lol people are already flipping their poo poo over poorly translated chinese info about pictures of unfinished prototypes. Never change, tfw2005.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

lol people are already flipping their poo poo over poorly translated chinese info about pictures of unfinished prototypes. Never change, tfw2005.

Yeah I was just reading through it :allears:

I'm curious to who the Purple Powerglide repaint could be because I hope this doesn't mean we're getting Defensor and a repainted Superion. Powerglide's gun mode is a bit more universal than something like Blackjack. So I hope it's just a singular repaint instead of a whole team.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
That's what you care about, the missing guys from an arbitrary classification of a toyline? Oh, taint. Wonder if Purple Powerglide's gonna be Stormcloud, THE CON WITH A HEART AS BLACK AS NIGHT again.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how stunted the individual Constructicons' transformations actually are.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Phy posted:

That's what you care about, the missing guys from an arbitrary classification of a toyline? Oh, taint. Wonder if Purple Powerglide's gonna be Stormcloud, THE CON WITH A HEART AS BLACK AS NIGHT again.

I want Abominus above all else, I don't want a superion repaint taking yet another slot from a more worthy combiner. :colbert:

Also Stormcloud was made because they already had Treadbolt and needed another giant micromaster to counter the other giant micromaster. They're supposed to fight each other.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 21, 2015

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Looks like Hasbro fixed Brainstorm's head.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/fixed-generations-brainstorm-released-by-hasbro/32023/

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I want Abominus above all else, I don't want a superion repaint taking yet another slot from a more worthy combiner. :colbert:

No Abominus this year. Hasbro said five combiners: Superion, Menasor, Defensor, Ultra Prime (Autobot repaints of the Stunticons are coming), Devastator. Even if they don't count Devastator as one of the five, that just means the fifth is that Star Convoy/Thunderclash repaint and whoever his group ends up being.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

That loving rubber band is nearly impossible to get off. I had to cut it with scissors, and still ended up popping Lil' Brainstorm's legs off to get it out.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah I was just reading through it :allears:

I'm curious to who the Purple Powerglide repaint could be because I hope this doesn't mean we're getting Defensor and a repainted Superion. Powerglide's gun mode is a bit more universal than something like Blackjack. So I hope it's just a singular repaint instead of a whole team.

Maybe it's Lugnut?(which reminds me I need to hunt down his CHUG mold)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

CHUG Lugnut is ~so good~