Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

New Hildibrand quests own bones. Go do them. Now! Woke up a couple hours early to do them before work and I regret nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Dryzen posted:

Cloud of darkness wasn't too awful but I still don't get some stuff that happened. She hits the tank very hard and teleports around shooting a giant beam from her face after reappearing. There's no telegraph so get to the edges quickly or get a stacking vulnerability debuff. She spawns falling meteors that a person needs to soak to prevent raid damage and this happens for the rest of the fight. After whenever she'll start vacuuming and clouds will appear. Kill them all or when she's done and casts the huge AOE you'll wipe. You can slow and stun the clouds so do that. Three hyper charged clouds will appear after this happens and each alliance needs to get in one before they get sealed off and kill them. They spawn in a triangle shape with the forward tip going towards where she starts. Then I guess she just keeps doing the vacuum thing I dunno we killed her after that. Make sure to use your limit breaks that poo poo was filling up a ton.

She basically has the comet mechanic from Xande, the barrier mechanic from Qarn, Shiva's bow mechanic murdershow on the MT, and then the big lasers (well, and a sort of megaflare after clouds). The part that people won't see coming are the lurkers who need to be hit or else they bad breath everyone.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Eminent Domain posted:

Go do Hildibrand first just do it oh my god.

yeah, real confused how every patch people start posting about the new dungeons instead of how they're helping the true hero of Eorzea

Shameful, all of you

shas
Jul 27, 2011

holy poo poo gilgamesh's appearance is the best

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

l o l

ADS mount is from Frontlines

guess that's one less mount for the collection

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Frontlines are mostly PvE with some rib poking between sides when there's no NPCs to blow up

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I hope nobody minds my continued posting of dumb revelations; I'm still in the trial and basically doing everything blind (reading as few guides as possible) so I still get surprised by a new things I find out. Like the fact that, now that I've leveled conjurer some, my Arcanist now has access to another dot and protect. I didn't know you could add additional abilities from other classes until I was just dicking around in the menus.. I'm also liking the crafting mechanics (culinarean, at the moment) that's like a game of its own. Unlike WoW, which consisted of get a whole bunch of mats and hit create and go make a sandwich.

e: haha, just rented my first chocobo. When you stop moving the music fades down and when you start moving it gets loud again. This is amazing.

Garrand fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jan 20, 2015

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
What I want to know is do the new Lucis tools and the artisan apron let us hit any meaningful craftsmanship break points where we can use less CS2 and PbP or would we be better off remelding artisan off hands for more control?

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Does it add 9 craftsmanship? If yes, then there's a new breakpoint and I can shave a step off my rotation.

I didn't bother to check the stats before logging off but with both body and mainhand it should definitely be possible. Probably not with just body.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
Chrysalis trial is sicknasty

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
PUGS! I haaaaaaate em!

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

kharaa posted:

Chrysalis trial is sicknasty

Jesus christ yes. 2.5's story content (and even its new dungeons) seem a couple of steps ahead of any prior content in difficulty.

But they are all awesome.

Niton fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 20, 2015

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Algid posted:

Does it add 9 craftsmanship? If yes, then there's a new breakpoint and I can shave a step off my rotation.

I didn't bother to check the stats before logging off but with both body and mainhand it should definitely be possible. Probably not with just body.

The Lucis is close to a 20 point boost.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Thinking of changing my highlander male into a roegadame, good idea? y/n

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

queeb posted:

Roegadames are always a good idea.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

queeb posted:

The best idea.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

queeb posted:

queeb posted:

yyyyyyy

Did this and did not look back.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

The Lucis is close to a 20 point boost.
I assumed a boost of i15 would be something like that, but it's it's anywhere from 116k GC seals to some unknown quantity of maps + 3.6k allied seals, so that's not really something you can rely on getting in a reasonable amount of time. The body piece takes 10 minutes to make but an increase of only i5 on a body piece isn't going to do much, should be better than the other left side pieces (+3 control on each piece), but not by much I would guess.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The new i70 "artisan" gear is a pretty nice catchup for people like me who basically stopped crafting at 2*. :)

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Any idea yet if the new raid/dungeon gear for SCH has critical rating on it?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Lucis tools appear to be dyeable like zodiac weapons. But I only just got my gathering supras this weekend and gently caress going back for 99 HQ antumbrals, I need a break.

That Cloud of Darkness music is fantastic. :allears:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

queeb posted:

Biggest Race is Best Race. Female Roegs have more human proportions than the guys, which is generally okay.
Bonus points if you use a canonical Roeg skintone though. I still ponder Fantasiaing into a Hellguard tan instead of being pale like a stereotypical redhead.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Algid posted:

I assumed a boost of i15 would be something like that, but it's it's anywhere from 116k GC seals to some unknown quantity of maps + 3.6k allied seals, so that's not really something you can rely on getting in a reasonable amount of time. The body piece takes 10 minutes to make but an increase of only i5 on a body piece isn't going to do much, should be better than the other left side pieces (+3 control on each piece), but not by much I would guess.

For the record, when you say the Lucis might shave a step off your rotation are you talking about using craftsmanship food?

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

The new i70 "artisan" gear is a pretty nice catchup for people like me who basically stopped crafting at 2*. :)
Does it take the lower tier turnins or the FCIII turnins? I wasn't paying much attention since I didn't need them. If it's the latter I don't see why anyone would bother, it's not even much cheaper.

For the record, when you say the Lucis might shave a step off your rotation are you talking about using craftsmanship food?
Of course not. If you're not eating +43 CP you're not really crafting.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Algid posted:

Does it takes the lower tier turnins or the FCIII turnins? If it's the latter I don't see why anyone would bother, it's not even much cheaper.

Of course not. If you're not eating +43 CP you're not really crafting.

That's my understanding. I stumbled across a thread discussing doing 4 progress step rotations with 541 craftsmanship via new gear and craftsmanship food and was like "...What?" :psyduck:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Players: "Waaaah, it's too easy!"
Yoshi-P: "Mr. D, would you mind doing the honors for 2.5?"
Mr D: "With pleasure!"

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Algid posted:

Does it take the lower tier turnins or the FCIII turnins? I wasn't paying much attention since I didn't need them. If it's the latter I don't see why anyone would bother, it's not even much cheaper.

It's stuff like Silver Brocade, etc. The Master I tokens.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

The real question is: Can they desynth into mastercraft demis?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Tortolia posted:

Phone posting so I can't edit this into my last post, but all of the WoD gear minus robe has crit. You'll still be stuck with Daystar if you want crit until Turn 13.

Gloves and Pants are the two best things to go after first, since Poetics hat/boots have crit.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

That's very reasonable actually. Enjoy your slightly less optimal but better looking gear.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Tortolia posted:

WoD:

Demon Hat of Healing
Level: 50
Item Level: 120
Jobs: CNJ, WHM, SCH
Stats:
Defense: 50
Magical Defense: 84
MND : 27
VIT : 29
CriticalHitRate : 27
Determination : 13
Accuracy : 5

Demon Robe of Healing
Stats:
Defense: 69
Magical Defense: 117
MND : 45
VIT : 47
SpellSpeed : 44
PIE : 23
Accuracy : 9

Demon Gloves of Healing
Stats:
Determination : 19
CriticalHitRate : 19

Demon Skirt of Healing
Stats:
Defense: 69
Magical Defense: 117
MND : 45
VIT : 47
CriticalHitRate : 44
Determination : 22
Accuracy : 9

Demon Sandals of Healing
Stats:
Determination : 19
PIE : 14

Demon Belt of Healing
Stats:
Defense: 43
Magical Defense: 72
MND : 21
VIT : 22
CriticalHitRate : 20
Determination : 10
Accuracy : 4

Dungeon:

Bogatyr's Circlet of Healing
Item Level: 100
Stats:
Defense: 46
Magical Defense: 80
PIE : 18
Determination : 11

Bogatyr's Longcoat of Healing
Stats:
Defense: 65
Magical Defense: 112
MND : 34
VIT : 35
CriticalHitRate : 38
SpellSpeed : 26
Accuracy : 8

Bogatyr's Gloves of Healing
Stats:
Determination : 16
PIE : 12

Bogatyr's Slops of Healing
Stats:
Defense: 65
Magical Defense: 112
MND : 34
VIT : 35
Determination : 27
CriticalHitRate : 26
Accuracy : 8

Bogatyr's Thighboots of Healing
Stats:
Determination : 16
CriticalHitRate : 16

Bogatyr's Rope Belt of Healing
Stats:
Defense: 40
Magical Defense: 69
MND : 16
VIT : 16
SpellSpeed : 17
Determination : 9
Accuracy : 3

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The real question is: Can they desynth into mastercraft demis?

Not desynthable. They cost more than glasses, anyways.

JuggernautEX
Feb 2, 2011

Algid posted:

That's very reasonable actually. Enjoy your slightly less optimal but better looking gear.

For reference, this is what the new turn in artisan gear looks like (minus sandals)

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

JuggernautEX posted:

For reference, this is what the new turn in artisan gear looks like (minus sandals)

At first glance that looks really similar to the LTW AF gear.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Still slightly lower on clownwear meter than crafted artisan.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Anyone have a picture of the Artisan's Apron yet? I wanna see if it's the same as the chocobo apron the chocobo keeps wear.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Anyone have a picture of the Artisan's Apron yet? I wanna see if it's the same as the chocobo apron the chocobo keeps wear.

It is

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Awesome, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

2.5 spoilers but I'm laughing at how hard the queue kills the tension.

• Locked thread