Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nimmy posted:

Best motto in the 101st is the Balls guys.

I had to hear a few people tell me about Balls before I even believed it was true. I was in 4-320, a unit so bad that for a moment I took joy in the sadness of seeing 4th BCT disbanded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Every now and then I'll use Hail Satan as my greeting of the day, gets a decent reaction from most officers. Never been called out on it.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Totally doing that from now on. Will sprinkle in some Sieg Heils and Heil Hitlers in there because hey, when in Rome. Will even use my left hand to make an improvised Hitlerstache in mid-salute.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Pesticide20 posted:

Every now and then I'll use Hail Satan as my greeting of the day, gets a decent reaction from most officers. Never been called out on it.

Holy poo poo, wish I was back in so I could do this.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA no i don't

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

Totally doing that from now on. Will sprinkle in some Sieg Heils and Heil Hitlers in there because hey, when in Rome. Will even use my left hand to make an improvised Hitlerstache in mid-salute.

"Sieg Heil, Sir!"
"In this we defend!"

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Ein reich, ein volk, ein Blut, sir!

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Arbeit Macht Frei, Sir!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
My life for aiur sir

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children, sir.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

NTT posted:

En taro Adun sir
ftfy

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
Kelley Hill on Ft benning with 3/3ID, try not saying Sledgehammer when saluting any officer above lt and you will probably have a bad day (at least in 2011.)

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Arbeit Macht Frei, Sir!

Don't suggest this as your troop motto when someone has to look it up.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

not caring here posted:

Don't suggest this as your troop motto when someone has to look it up.

Don't suggest "Hitler did nothing wrong" as the running password during JRTC. The OCs didn't look very pleased, and although my PSG laughed, my PL had a hard time understanding my reasoning that you would only be shouting it in an emergency, which is the point of a running password... I mean, it's not like OPFOR could possibly guess it.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Arbeit Macht Frei, Sir!

The perfect enlisted combat arms motto

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Pesticide20 posted:

Don't suggest "Hitler did nothing wrong" as the running password during JRTC. The OCs didn't look very pleased, and although my PSG laughed, my PL had a hard time understanding my reasoning that you would only be shouting it in an emergency, which is the point of a running password... I mean, it's not like OPFOR could possibly guess it.

I Want to Believe

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
platoon sgt threatened half the platoon with "malingering" for half-assing a diagnostic PT test and doing the bare minimum, l o l
edit: bonus irony: same platoon sgt is on permanent profile

Ace of Baes fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 20, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

you all should be med boarded for a lack of heart

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That's a pretty creative use of malingering.

By creative I mean loving stupid.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

7777777 posted:

platoon sgt threatened half the platoon with "malingering" for half-assing a diagnostic PT test and doing the bare minimum, l o l

Reflection of leadership imo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

7777777 posted:

how do you get plt sgt billet while being a broke dick bitch? shouldnt he be an h&s dicksuck instead?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

If you're MI you should just assume every NCO is either a N who got promoted way too goddamn fast ("Seven in Seven" used to be my biggest red flag that someone was a worthless piece of poo poo) or a broken toy who reclassed into MI so they wouldn't get kicked the gently caress out

In all honesty the second type are usually way better leaders, although it's more of a guideline than a hard and fast rule

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You forgot the legion of artillery, ammo handlers, and MPs who realized that they were never getting promoted in their old MOS, so they reclassed to fill in the eternal gap in MI between E4 and E7 that is created by everyone with an actually functioning brain getting the gently caress out.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

There are so many opportunities for competent junior enlisted in MI to get away from the regular army, more than any other field I'm aware of, that if you're not wearing civvies and calling your boss by his first name when you're an E6, you're a guaranteed shitbag.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Zeris posted:

There are so many opportunities for competent junior enlisted in MI to get away from the regular army, more than any other field I'm aware of, that if you're not out before you're an E6, you're a guaranteed shitbag.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Zeris posted:

There are so many opportunities for competent junior enlisted in MI to [be] a guaranteed shitbag.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Zeris posted:

There are so many opportunities for competent junior enlisted to get away from the army

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Zeris posted:

There are so many opportunities to get away from the army

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

One of the only jobs that comes pre-packaged with an out

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Zeris posted:

get away from the army

Jody Tocroach
May 28, 2008

Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning.

Zeris posted:

There are so many opportunities for competent junior enlisted in MI to get away from the regular army, more than any other field I'm aware of, that if you're not wearing civvies and calling your boss by his first name when you're an E6, you're a guaranteed shitbag.

Try SATCOM. If you aren't making 6 digits starting in 'the world' after a single enlistment period with dat security clearance and unique experience. You are either a hopeless lifer or an utter shitbag with no prospects in life whatsoever. *Under 90% ASVAB need not apply.

Jody Tocroach fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 21, 2015

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If you have 3-5 years of experience in Intel or coms stuff and an active clearance you can probably be employed at a firm by the end of the week. Sure, it's CONUS pay and not fat overseas contractor pay but still.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

OCONUS pay has sucked since at least late 2013. Unless you're going someplace that's otherwise a vacation spot, like Kuwait or Qatar, there's no point to going back to Afghanistan or Iraq as a contractor unless you really miss the smell of human poo poo. And if that's the case, I'm sure you could just move near a wastewater treatment plant here in the states.

If you're a 25 series anything with a clearance and any certifications higher than an A+ and N+, you should have no problem finding a high-paying job on the outside.

psydude fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jan 21, 2015

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

http://msoy.militaryspouse.com/vote/

Military spouse of the year

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Voting for my hand

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
Voting for the most bearded cynical looking guy I find.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Ptolemaeus posted:

Voting for the most cynical beard I find.

there

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
It's like Tinder for Jody.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
If you are on Ft. Hood Tinder is good enough for jody, mando fun days help with recognizing a few mil spouses every now and then.

Finally, installation clearing papers. Unit out processing has been fun; as I am inprocessing into my new unit I then have them fill out my clearing paper work. This is peak ARMY.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

TPSDude posted:

I am inprocessing into my new unit I then have them fill out my clearing paper work

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
Despite receiving the order to re-align 13F's back to FA bn's, my brigade sat on it for a year and a half because " Mission". Erstwhile he other brigades knocked it out despite them having the same gay training cycle we had and poaching all the new recruits since they had retain-ability for their missions two years down the road while all their broke dicks were sent to us. With the new Div-arty commander finally being allowed to bite they are now finally doing it and it right when I'm about to take terminal.
Real answer is 1st CAV is a cesspool of nepotism and incompetence, In hindsight I should of taken up the offer for Airborne volunteers when I was in AIT.

15 days to go, whoo!

• Locked thread