Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Syncopated posted:

GWOTME

Global war on the middle east

But you didn't have to blow me up
gently caress goats like nothing happened and we were nothing
And I don't I-E-NEED your 'love'
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough
No you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends unwrap your turban and then pray to allah
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody Yahweh used to blow

e; loving new page, now i gotta quote that as context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Generation Internet posted:

loving lol

I had no idea that the tea party news network was a thing, I'm really curious how many people read it and honestly think that America is the only country that understands the concept of freedom. Hopefully very few.

From a couple pages back but this really needs to be mentioned since at least one or two people don't have Facebook.

There is not just a Tea Party News Network. There are literally dozens of them. Each one more radical than the previous. It goes from :lol: to :stonk: to outright terrifying. I poo poo you not. Its like.. Hey the last one wasn't full of enough crazy, DIG DEEPER!!!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Apparently this movie has sparked all kinds of liberal and conservative outrage. It's funny that such a stalwart defense of the glorious American Soldier is once again being mounted by a bunch of fat white people who conflate living in a shanty-town of jack-shacks and inhaling burning human poo poo in the desert with defending freedom.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Nah.

Its just something society in general can get their panties in a wad over with out actually having to address a real problem.

Because then we would have to have reasonable and responsible discussions and come to a viable adult consensus. Which... NOT IN MY AMERICA

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Pops went to see it. He said that Eastwood did a classic western set in Iraq. I'll probably catch it when it hits Netflix.

Iraq was still bullshit and we should stay out of the Middle-East forever. I swear to god the ME is a loving white people trap.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

Iraq was still bullshit and we should stay out of the Middle-East forever. I swear to god the ME is a loving white people trap.

loving never ever ever going to be wrong with this, jesus gently caress we could leave there, never go back ever, and the entire world would be a better place.

E:At least the world we give a gently caress about would be a better place.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I keep finding a large number of people in the military who still believe that we found WMDs in Iraq.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Also tell whitey to stop visiting there voluntarily, some places you go to you're just asking for a kidnapping.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

psydude posted:

I keep finding a large number of people in the military who still believe that we found WMDs in Iraq.

Hey Sarge.. Whats this funky smelling water?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The same chemical weapons that we'd known about since the ealry 90s? Not quite the same thing as the elaborate falsification of evidence of yellow cake uranium that the CIA presented in 2002.

Yeah. Pretty flimsy pretext for a 10 year romp in the desert.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

Pops went to see it. He said that Eastwood did a classic western set in Iraq. I'll probably catch it when it hits Netflix.

the spice must flow

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

psydude posted:

The same chemical weapons that we'd known about since the ealry 90s? Not quite the same thing as the elaborate falsification of evidence of yellow cake uranium that the CIA presented in 2002.

I'm sorry you are upset that we got to spend 10 years killing camel fuckers and making GBS threads on a country that spent the previous 12 years waiving it's dick at its terms of surrender from the first time we rolled through them like WT was runnin the show.

Frankly a 10 year romp wasn't long enough. We should still be shooting rag heads while they are mid "akbar" scream. Or at least dropping artillery on them Sodom and Gomorrah style from 50k feet.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

psydude posted:

What Bush promised we'd find in Iraq is an ongoing, clandestine operation to create WMDs, and possibly big hidden stockpiles of the same. We didn't find anything like that at all.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Genocide Tendency posted:

I'm sorry you are upset that we got to spend 10 years killing camel fuckers and making GBS threads on a country that spent the previous 12 years waiving it's dick at its terms of surrender from the first time we rolled through them like WT was runnin the show.

We were already hard at work killing brown people in Afghanistan. If anything, invading Iraq hurt our ability to do that to the best of our ability.

Zeroisanumber posted:

What Bush promised we'd find in Iraq is an ongoing, clandestine operation to create WMDs, and possibly big hidden stockpiles of the same. We didn't find anything like that at all.

It was basically the geopolitics equivalent of the cops raiding a house expecting to bust a huge meth lab, instead finding a bowl with some weed residue on it, and going "See? Told ya we were right!"

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

airasiadude posted:

'Faster than a fighter'
Citing radar data, Mr Jonan said: "The plane, during the last minutes, went up faster than normal speed... then it stalled."

"I think it is rare even for a fighter jet to be able to climb 6,000ft per minute," he told a House of Representatives commission.

"The average speed of a commercial aircraft is probably between 1,000 and 2,000ft per minute because the aircraft is not designed to soar so fast."

So it seems modern fighters cannot possibly climb at a rate of over 6000 feet per minute.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

Have you read Hubris? Pro-read.

In other news a couple of Russian performance artists got arrested for splashing holy water on the outside Lenin's tomb and commanding him to leave. :laugh:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

That article posted:

In November 2013, naked performance artist Pyotr Pavlensky also nailed his scrotum to the square outside Lenin's mausoleum in political protest.

I guess he wanted to show he was serious or something. How do you deal with that as a first responder? Given that it's Russia I imagine they just grabbed his shoulders and pulled, which gives me the loving heebie jeebies to think about.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

psydude posted:

It was basically the geopolitics equivalent of the cops raiding a house expecting to bust a huge meth lab, instead finding a bowl with some weed residue on it, and going "See? Told ya we were right!"

It was the geopolitics equivalent of the cops getting their poo poo pushed in by a cartel, so they go wreck the guy that babbles about sticking it to the man while he sits in his empty head shop that the cops ran out of business a decade before.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

SumYungGui posted:

How do you deal with that as a first responder?

Is he bleeding to death? If no, "Hahahaha! Gonna stick this one on the FD." If yes, "poo poo, get me that tack hammer we got in the toolbox."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

SumYungGui posted:

I guess he wanted to show he was serious or something. How do you deal with that as a first responder? Given that it's Russia I imagine they just grabbed his shoulders and pulled, which gives me the loving heebie jeebies to think about.
They probably decided he was a gay. Filled his rear end with expanding foam and left him to die.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

psydude posted:

We were already hard at work killing brown people in Afghanistan. If anything, invading Iraq hurt our ability to do that to the best of our ability.

The whole "Aluminum tubes" bullshit still comes up in my family gatherings. After the most recent one I went to go check on it, and low and behold they weren't the right type/dimension to be useful for enriching uranium nor did they match any known centrifuge design (instead they could be used for mortar ammo or something). So said the Bush DOE in a memo before the war, and the IAEA, AKA the guys who know how to enrich uranium. People want to believe, because the truth means admitting something completely unacceptable.

The fact that Iraq is majority Shia was also news to most of them, who couldn't be arsed to follow what the hell was going on in the country after the invasion and especially not after Obama got in to office. But they certainly like to talk about how we shouldn't have left now that ISIS is around, while simultaneously maintaining that we need tax cuts and a balanced budget.

Propaganda is a hell of a thing, and we're only getting better at it.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

When I was in Iraq conservatives were still believing that we were there to help and spread democracy and make everything better and wanted to know if locals were sufficiently appreciative. Half of them. The other half were like "THEY DID 9/11 AND ARE THE WRONG RELIGION GO KILL EM." These two groups seemed to get along fine within conservatism, somehow.

Kind of like how conspiracy theorist 1 believes Sandy Hook was done by the CIA and conspiracy theorist 2 believes Sandy Hook never happened and yet somehow they largely see each other as teammates.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
THEY ARE BOTH ASKING THE QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ASKED!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i support the troops by wanting the troops to go spend more time getting blown up in two geopolitical backwaters

romney '12!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Best Friends posted:

When I was in Iraq conservatives were still believing that we were there to help and spread democracy and make everything better and wanted to know if locals were sufficiently appreciative. Half of them. The other half were like "THEY DID 9/11 AND ARE THE WRONG RELIGION GO KILL EM." These two groups seemed to get along fine within conservatism, somehow.

Kind of like how conspiracy theorist 1 believes Sandy Hook was done by the CIA and conspiracy theorist 2 believes Sandy Hook never happened and yet somehow they largely see each other as teammates.
Secretly they all just want to kill them all now. They realized that nation building is really hard, even more so when you hire a bunch of idiot College Republicans with no legitimate experience to run things. Plus it's not their guy in charge anymore so suddenly all those things he did are suddenly bad when the new guy does them.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think you may be ignoring Necons as a somewhat unique departure from normal conservatives since a bunch of them came from Scoop Jackson and being Democrats. Thus they were a somewhat different strain of overall thinking then mainstream conservatives.

Speaking of old chems and Iraq...whatever happen to Snowdens Secret?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Well your neocons are all Teabaggers now.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The teabagger movement is intriguing because it's a bunch of rich white people tricking a bunch of poor white people into opposing the very programs that would help them, but it's not as transparent as Reaganomics where there was a clear cut benefit to the rich white people.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

Well your neocons are all Teabaggers now.

Cheney's butt-boys are, but those that are still in government (or want to be) are all cozying up to Hillary these days.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Americans really hate the idea of having the government give them something. Which is commendable.

Businesses and the wealthy do not have such compunctions.

Put those together and you have the republican party's economic policies.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Turn another Hilux into a boat and torpedo it into an American warship.

Best getaway cars under a thousand of whatever the hell their currency is for committing Jihad against Infidels in Western nations.

Rickshaw ICBM.

Which reasonably priced SUV holds the most C4?

Most affordable pickup to convert into a roadside bomb.

Abandoned buses converted into tanks.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Hilux could be marketed as the world's only re-usable VBIED.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Toyota could introduce a special trim line Hilux to swap for the Japanese guys being held by ISIS.

Comes pre-mud/dung smeared with a mount for the Russian hmg of their choice. Radio only plays anasheed. Are cup holders haram?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
yes. also seatbelts are haram.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I wonder if I could get a custom horn that shouts the Takbir over and over.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Only to the tune of "La cucaracha"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The other thing I wanted to say about nation building is that the main problem we seem to see is more effort being put into a PR campaign to assure people that things are working, whether or not they actually are and to what degree, than in finding actual workable solutions.

DIY that poo poo up HERO!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

priznat posted:

Only to the tune of "La cucaracha"

oh god

allahuACK-BAR allahuACK-BAR, insha-allah inshallah

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

allahuACK-BAR allahuACK-BAR, insha-allah inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

That's what you hear when the al'Duke boys jump the line into Syria.

• Locked thread